DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

And I’ve been hearing nonstop how Bell might even get traded because Gase is pissed to have spent so much on a RB. What would Gase have done if they spent the second overall on a RB? (Hint I wouldn’t want to be in that room)

Believe they have a contract(an expensive one),so if another team wanted him before and lost,why would they pay to get him NOW when they could have paid to start with? 

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

QBelieve they have a contract(an expensive one),so if another team wanted him before and lost,why would they pay to get him NOW when they could have paid to start with? 

Not really sure if any do? But the Jets would have to eat the signing bonus money. So the overpriced contract the Jets signed on for isn’t what a trade partner would have to pay. And Bell is definitely one of the top RB in the league. And yet he still didn’t get Franchise QB money. We traded for Ajayi with a fourth rounder. Got Howard for what? A sixth. Those guys aren’t Barkley but I’d much rather be rolling with Wentz and them than Barkley and a sixth round trade QB.

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

OH well IDK and IDC,so whatever you say.Not gonna worry about the Jets or the Gnats

Just friendly philosophical football questions. Nothing stressful. But I’m opinionated.

It's all going to come down to the QB from Duke.  All the other ways of drafting and doing things don't really matter... you gotta get that right guy at QB. 

But that Nelson kid.. wow, what a stud.  I found myself watching a LG play when the Colts were on offense..lol.

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

It's all going to come down to the QB from Duke.  All the other ways of drafting and doing things don't really matter... you gotta get that right guy at QB. 

But that Nelson kid.. wow, what a stud.  I found myself watching a LG play when the Colts were on offense..lol.

And yes if Jones is better than Darnold then they did a great job. I don’t believe this though. But I also think of Shurmur as a QB whisperer. He can make Keenum look better than an average starting QB. So choosing between Gase and Shurmur...I’m definitely on the Shurmur side. And coaching surely matters.

Jones experienced superior QB coaching as his coach at Duke was mentor to Peyton and Eli Manning. He’s a smart kid(definitely helps). But I don’t like his delivery. It’s long and slow. And even being smart and having great coaching he threw balls he had no excuse to throw. And he isn’t a dual threat QB. So I would figure in those circumstances he would have put up better stats. Downfield throws are lacking. So basically they got a smart QB that can dump the ball off to Barkley. Because all he did was throw short. And for not many yards.

Jenkins a no show. Could have paid him and avoided this much anticipated move.

8 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Not really sure if any do? But the Jets would have to eat the signing bonus money. So the overpriced contract the Jets signed on for isn’t what a trade partner would have to pay. And Bell is definitely one of the top RB in the league. And yet he still didn’t get Franchise QB money. We traded for Ajayi with a fourth rounder. Got Howard for what? A sixth. Those guys aren’t Barkley but I’d much rather be rolling with Wentz and them than Barkley and a sixth round trade QB.

If you look at it like the business that it is,even if they SUCK does the CEO(QB) of a company make less than upper management?.If you have a great management team(RB's/WR'S) they can make a bad CEO look good.See the obvious goal here is to get great "managers" AND a great CEO,the order really has no bearing and the Board of Directors(FO/coaches) are the ones who decide.There is no set way to build a business model

11 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Bell,Bark,Zeke,no need for a comittee if you have one of those

Yep... count the playoff wins from all these top RBs ... that you pay 4 times more than your committee.   I'll take the committee and the playoff wins all day over the expensive star RB.

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

Yep... count the playoff wins from all these top RBs ... that you pay 4 times more than your committee.   I'll take the committee and the playoff wins all day over the expensive star RB.

Count how many wins Aaron Rodgers,Andrew Luck,Big Ben have had recently.It takes a whole team

RB by committee is also the safer route.  If your top horse RB (Bell/Bark/Zeke) goes down, there will be a gap in the quality of play when the BU shows up, if you have a decent one.  Just like owning horses, better to have several than just one.  If that one goes down, there goes your investment and the season or whatever yet with several horses your still in the hunt although maybe on a lesser scale of quality.

2 minutes ago, EaglesNJ69 said:

RB by committee is also the safer route.  If your top horse RB (Bell/Bark/Zeke) goes down, there will be a gap in the quality of play when the BU shows up, if you have a decent one.  Just like owning horses, better to have several than just one.  If that one goes down, there goes your investment and the season or whatever yet with several horses your still in the hunt although maybe on a lesser scale of quality.

Sure,but some teams choose not to go that route.Look at the success AR has had with "BU " RB's.Also look at the Saints success with 2 nice RB's

Yup but more the exception than the rule.  You saw what happened to Dallas when Zeke was suspended for those games, a much different and weaker team by far.

Enjoying the clips from OTA's. Glad Carson's not limited although holding back a bit. It's also great seeing DJax, although haven't seen one where DJax was thrown in stride, something Carson really needs to work on, even before his injuries.

13 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

With a fired coach, GM, no RB and no receivers. Can’t brag about his Oline either. Not nearly the numbers I believe he’s capable of. Especially if he was under Shurmur.

Many QBs go through that nobody made those excuses for Bradford I'm not sure why you make them for him.

4 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

Gerald McCoy anyone?

I would take him if he signs a 2 year 15 mil 5 mil signing bonus 6.5 this year 3.5 next 6 mil fully guaranteed 

I would rather trade for Chris Jones from KC from the sounds of it they aren't close to a deal yet. I would give up a 2nd all day or a 3rd and a conditional pick, possibly even a 1st if I had to. 6.5 sacks in 7 starts in 2017 15.5 sacks in 11 starts last year. Put him next to Cox and you have a great inside pass rush. 24 years old 6'6 310lbs 

I don't see us adding another DT though we are paying Jernigans 7.6 mil this year Cox 11.9 mil and Jackson 2.8 mil that's 22.3 mil in DT alone and both McCoy and Jones would want to get paid big money. Would love either one of them I just don't see it happening with the way the current roster looks.