DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

SB winners this century ... tell me which position that you feel had more impact on winning.  All those big name RBs on this list... .lol  

2019 ... Tom Brady ... Sony Michelle
2018  ... Foles/ Wentz ... Ajayi
2017 ... Tom Brady ... James White
2016 ... Peyton Manning ... Ronnie Hillman
2015 ... Tom Brady ... Dion Lewis
2014 ... Russell Wilson ... Marshawn Lynch
2013 ...Joe Flacco .. Ray Rice
2012 ... Eli Manning ... Ahmad Bradshaw
2011 ... Aaron Rodgers ... Brandon Jackson
2010 ... Drew Brees ... Duce McCallister
2009 ... Big Ben ...  Willie Parker
2008 ... Eli Manning ... Brandon Jacobs
2007 ... Peyton Manning ... Dominic Rhodes
2006 ... Big Ben .... Willie Parker
2005 ... Tom Brady ... Correy Dillon
2004 ... Tom Brady ... Antowain Smith
2003 ... Brad Johnson ... Michael Pittman
2002 ... Tom Brady ...  Antowain Smith
2001 ... Trent Dilfer ... Jamal Lewis

Lynch, Lewis, Parker, Dillon and McAllister were all pretty good RBs

4 hours ago, joemas6 said:

SB winners this century ... tell me which position that you feel had more impact on winning.  All those big name RBs on this list... .lol  

2019 ... Tom Brady ... Sony Michelle
2018  ... Foles/ Wentz ... Ajayi
2017 ... Tom Brady ... James White
2016 ... Peyton Manning ... Ronnie Hillman
2015 ... Tom Brady ... Dion Lewis
2014 ... Russell Wilson ... Marshawn Lynch
2013 ...Joe Flacco .. Ray Rice
2012 ... Eli Manning ... Ahmad Bradshaw
2011 ... Aaron Rodgers ... Brandon Jackson
2010 ... Drew Brees ... Duce McCallister
2009 ... Big Ben ...  Willie Parker
2008 ... Eli Manning ... Brandon Jacobs
2007 ... Peyton Manning ... Dominic Rhodes
2006 ... Big Ben .... Willie Parker
2005 ... Tom Brady ... Correy Dillon
2004 ... Tom Brady ... Antowain Smith
2003 ... Brad Johnson ... Michael Pittman
2002 ... Tom Brady ...  Antowain Smith
2001 ... Trent Dilfer ... Jamal Lewis

Im sure they contributed,yeah Brad Johnson was a "franchise " QB

6 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Sure... which position has had more success the last decade?  Show me the top RB that actually did win?  

Where as Brady,  Manning , Wilson, Rodgers, Brees, Big Ben have actually won titles. 

Marshall Faulk is your answer.   1999.

I'm sure LT was chopped liver also lol

5 hours ago, joemas6 said:

IDK, like I said,,, if you think its coincidence ...and give James White and  Tom Brady equal credit ofr the teams success... we will agree to disagree.  

Yes we will.IDK any QB that could suceed with a totally lame running game.As far as which is more important,noone can say.Like I said the QB's get the glory,they are the face of your franchise.But the "grunts" do the work to get you that

OK so call the Pats.Tell them you and I will be their RB's.They have Brady,they need nothing else.I'll work cheap

4 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

Lynch, Lewis, Parker, Dillon and McAllister were all pretty good RBs

Yep... " pretty good RBs"   again, nobody said having a good RB is a bad thing.  Just that having a top one doesn't mean much.  They haven't won much... not even just talking about Superbowls, playoff games in general.  The top QBs have the had the success.

33 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I'm sure LT was chopped liver also lol

Dude was a stud... didn't win much though.  Same with AP, Foster, Bell, Shady... etc.

Again.. go over the list of RBs you feel are the top guys in the last 20 years.   Count the SBs and playoff wins... then do the same with the QBs.  

If you have a choice of having a top QB or a top RB, which would you choose? 

40 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yes we will.IDK any QB that could suceed with a totally lame running game.As far as which is more important,noone can say.Like I said the QB's get the glory,they are the face of your franchise.But the "grunts" do the work to get you that

Again though... why do you change the subject and twist it around? 

Now its " running game" not just the RB.  And it's that anyone can play RB.  I tell you what... go play QB for NYG instead and see how Barkley does.  

Were any of the RBs on the list really poor RBs? Not really... but notice the lack of guys at or near Barkley's level. In contrast look at the QBs and see the amount of guys you would consider top guys.

When you can single out Jamal Lewis and Brad Johnson as exceptions ... it should prove the point. 

14 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Again though... why do you change the subject and twist it around? 

Now its " running game" not just the RB.  And it's that anyone can play RB.  I tell you what... go play QB for NYG instead and see how Barkley does.  

Were any of the RBs on the list really poor RBs? Not really... but notice the lack of guys at or near Barkley's level. In contrast look at the QBs and see the amount of guys you would consider top guys.

When you can single out Jamal Lewis and Brad Johnson as exceptions ... it should prove the point. 

If I have a stud RB who mows everyone over,I can play QB.Takes nothing to hand the ball off.I dont see how thats twisting things

26 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Dude was a stud... didn't win much though.  Same with AP, Foster, Bell, Shady... etc.

Again.. go over the list of RBs you feel are the top guys in the last 20 years.   Count the SBs and playoff wins... then do the same with the QBs.  

But agian lack of winning was LT's fault? maybe the QB wasnt so hot? At any rate we disagree and Im leaving it there

"The top QBs have the had the success." Sure because they have the supporting cast,they aint gonna do this alone

29 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Doesn't matter,you need them all and you need it to be in sync.

SOOOOOOO if I find a RB in the draft whos above the norm and I will have him 5 years and I know my QB aint goin anywhere,why would I pass him up?.The debate about Daniels remains to be seen,so they took a position with an above average RB,yet you say it's a mistake lol 

Anyway done with this.have a nice night

11 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Yep... " pretty good RBs"   again, nobody said having a good RB is a bad thing.  Just that having a top one doesn't mean much.  They haven't won much... not even just talking about Superbowls, playoff games in general.  The top QBs have the had the success.

Let's look at last years NFC playoffs Rams Gurly, Saints Kamara, Bears Howard-Cohen, Dallas Zeke 4 of the 6 had above average RBs AFC Patriots Sony, Chiefs Hunt, Chargers Gordan, Indy Mack 4 of 6 again 

11 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

If I have a stud RB who mows everyone over,I can play QB.Takes nothing to hand the ball off.I dont see how thats twisting things

Right... that's great, are you winning anything.... which is the ultimate goal.  Not just to function.   Stud RBs don't impact winning ... its just fact the last 20 years.  That's why I like the Cowboys and Giants being heavily invested in their RBs going forward.    

Is it coincidence Andy Reid can just keep plugging in any RB in that offense .... the Steelers did ok with Conner ... The Pats keep winning SBs without a 1000 yard rusher.    It's an obvious trend for 2 decades.... to argue while twisting words doesn't change that.   Congrats you have Adrain Pederson, LT and Shady .... take a nice vacation in January while you watch the stud QBs keep playing.  

9 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

Let's look at last years NFC playoffs Rams Gurly, Saints Kamara, Bears Howard-Cohen, Dallas Zeke 4 of the 6 had above average RBs AFC Patriots Sony, Chiefs Hunt, Chargers Gordan, Indy Mack 4 of 6 again 

OK... lets look at the playoffs last year .....

Gurly ... he was awesome in the playoffs ... lol.   

Bears ... how many yards rushing and did they win their game while scoring a whopping 15 points?     

Hunt ... didn't play in the playoffs.... KC scored a crap load of points without him though

Sony ... didn't get a 1000 yards did he?   I wouldn't call him elite.

Mack?   He's a top RB  like elite level?     Which the conversation is about, not just decent RBs.  

Gordon is a stud .... he won a playoff game.

Kamara ...total stud,  he has Brees doesn't he?     But he is a stud.... and look above at the list here and go up .... Brees, Rivers, Luck, Brady, Mahomes....their QBs.

But I'm good with .... lets make a list of RBs and QBs ... over the last 20 years ... and see which one is completely lopsided when looking at how teams make and advance in the playoffs.     If you are an opposing GM in my division and focus on getting the stud RB.... I'm absolutely great with that.   Go pay some LBs too.   I'll throw in some bell bottom jeans and a case of Schlitz and we can watch episodes of Welcome Back Kotter together.  

You can put us having Ajayi up there but what was our run game ranked 3rd without a running game we didn't make it to the superbowl. We might have done it with a committee approach but we had an elite running team. Honestly I would rather have 1 RB that can do it all then needing 3 RBS to carry the team. We seen how a few injuries and not having a bell cow back hurt us last year.

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

OK... lets look at the playoffs last year .....

Gurly ... he was awesome in the playoffs ... lol.   

Bears ... how many yards rushing and did they win their game while scoring a whopping 15 points?     

Hunt ... didn't play in the playoffs.... KC scored a crap load of points without him though

Sony ... didn't get a 1000 yards did he?   I wouldn't call him elite.

Mack?   He's a top RB  like elite level?     Which the conversation is about, not just decent RBs.  

Gordon is a stud .... he won a playoff game.

Kamara ...total stud,  he has Brees doesn't he?     But he is a stud.... and look above at the list here and go up .... Brees, Rivers, Luck, Brady, Mahomes....their QBs.

But I'm good with .... lets make a list of RBs and QBs ... over the last 20 years ... and see which one is completely lopsided when looking at how teams make and advance in the playoffs.     If you are an opposing GM in my division and focus on getting the stud RB.... I'm absolutely great with that.   Go pay some LBs too.   I'll throw in some bell bottom jeans and a case of Schlitz and we can watch episodes of Welcome Back Kotter together.  

Do any of those teams make the playoffs besides the Patriots without a their running game? I doubt it.

1 minute ago, downwithdallas said:

You can put us having Ajayi up there but what was our run game ranked 3rd without a running game we didn't make it to the superbowl. We might have done it with a committee approach but we had an elite running team. Honestly I would rather have 1 RB that can do it all then needing 3 RBS to carry the team. We seen how a few injuries and not having a bell cow back hurt us last year.

Again.... its not about the running game.... its not about being able to have scrub RBs.... the conversation is ONLY about needing the absolute ELITE RBs.... that's it, nothing else.   No twisting of words..... Ajayi is not an elite RB ... Elite... top 3 or top 5... or probowl, however you want to go from 32 starting RBs and come down to counting them on one hand as the very best.   

Just now, downwithdallas said:

Do any of those teams make the playoffs besides the Patriots without a their running game? I doubt it.

Me too.... I agree with your point that is a totally different conversation than needing an ELITE RB.   100%

I also think tomorrow is Thursday, and nothing you tell me will make me change my mind.... 2 totally different conversations.

Agree GB, like the Tucker signing. Curious tho, does this mean V is actually showing some promise at G? He's FA next yr and would like to see more development on the IOL.

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Me too.... I agree with your point that is a totally different conversation than needing an ELITE RB.   100%

I also think tomorrow is Thursday, and nothing you tell me will make me change my mind.... 2 totally different conversations.

It's not at all a total different conversation because you are talking about elite QBs well let's exclude Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes, the list goes on and on. You are talking about why you draft a QB at 2 instead of a RB none of those QBs were taken with top picks in fact let's go through those same superbowl wins and list QBs that were taken in the top 2 shall we. 2 that's right 2 of the superbowl QBs were drafted in the top 2 Brady, Foles, Wilson and Johnson weren't even drafted until at least the 3rd rd and count for 9 of the superbowls

LOL. loving this argument!  Actually you don't have to go any further than our division to tell if a good running back makes a difference. The Eagles have beaten Dak Prescott without Elliot in the lineup but have yet to beat Prescott with Elliot in the lineup. Hoping we can change that situation this year but its remains to be proven.