DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Were you alive then?  I was in college, ages ago...lol.   It was before free agency.  Reggie was still an Eagle.  The year Randall got hurt in the first game.  That defense was awesome!  

I was 5+ years removed from HS workin' at a Gulf service station on PA Turnpike lol.

Skins allowed the second-fewest points (224) in the league for the '91 season w / +18 TO ratio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I was 5+ years removed from HS workin' at a Gulf service station on PA Turnpike lol.

Skins allowed the second-fewest points (224) in the league for the '91 season w / +18 TO ratio.

I was talking about our defense though. That was the 91 season with that dominant defense.   IMO our best shot to win a SB between 1980 -2002, if Randall or even Jimmy Mac could have stayed healthy.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I was talking about our defense though. That was the 91 season with that dominant defense.   IMO our best shot to win a SB between 1980 -2002, if Randall or even Jimmy Mac could have stayed healthy.  

LMAO, sorry! You quoted DWD who mentioned about skins winning SB and I misunderstood.

I was so disappointed when Cunningham went down. Wasn't that Jerome's last season? I thought for sure that would be the Eagles' year. But it just kept on becoming, "Maybe next year." People would rag on me about the Eagles and I always stood up for the team and stayed true 'cause I knew in my heart that they'd eventually get a SB. Except I never thought it would take so long. It sure was worth the wait though, best dog gone SB I've ever seen with the best gadget play (I'm very biased) in a SB thru history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fast-paced recap with the big crumbs front to back of 2017 main story lines. We're Philly, _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Philly, no one likes us, we don't care!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I believe you can win plenty of different ways. But the easiest and most consistent is by having great QB play. I’m not like the media putting every win or loss solely on the QB. But if you get down multiple scores it gets tough to come back relying on an elite RB. And so many games come down to limited time at the end and you have to score. With a minute and a half left in the game and you being down you want the best QB you can have. A RB can only do so much in that situation. And it happens all the time. That’s why a great QB trumps a great RB. Gives you more options to victory.

If you are "down multiple scores" Then aren't you saying your QB already sucks to put you in that position? lol(barring a defense that is).IDK Have seen alot of games where that "lowly" RB has ground away at defenses for 4 mintues allowing you to win the game(or am I the only 1?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So I stand by my Hollins isn’t a lock call. He still isn’t practicing.

Rumors swirling about Clowney maybe being on the trade block. That would be a huge addition. I’m in for that trade.

IDK anyone who said Hollins was a lock anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

If you are "down multiple scores" Then aren't you saying your QB already sucks to put you in that position? lol(barring a defense that is).IDK Have seen alot of games where that "lowly" RB has ground away at defenses for 4 mintues allowing you to win the game(or am I the only 1?)

So the Super Bowl with the Pats versus Atlanta. Tom Brady must really suck then. Because he had to make a massive comeback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

That was No Mas

Sure.... what happens if he isn't healthy?   Why do you need to cut him?  He's cheap.  Isn't there a list for injured players?  When does camp start?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

If you are "down multiple scores" Then aren't you saying your QB already sucks to put you in that position? lol(barring a defense that is).IDK Have seen alot of games where that "lowly" RB has ground away at defenses for 4 mintues allowing you to win the game(or am I the only 1?)

I've seen it plenty of times... what about the first 56 minutes though? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Dak hired Aaron Donald's agent... lol.  Pay that man Jerry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So the Super Bowl with the Pats versus Atlanta. Tom Brady must really suck then. Because he had to make a massive comeback.

Sure,it happens,but why/how did he get in that position to start with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I've seen it plenty of times... what about the first 56 minutes though? 

Like any sport I watch,the first 56 is a chess match.If it's close,you make adjustments or players make the plays.As I recall we got WHOOPED by the Aint's and they killed us with RB's.In fact they could have scored another RUSHING TD in the closing seconds.but they showed us "mercy" and kicked a FG.But yeah their RB's suck lol.They had 173 rushing yards in that game NOT counting ALL the passes to their RB's(which show as passing stats).Brees could basically "take the day off" as his RB's did their jobs taking us apart(and so the RB/QB BS continues on into infinity lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Like any sport I watch,the first 56 is a chess match.If it's close,you make adjustments or players make the plays.As I recall we got WHOOPED by the Aint's and they killed us with RB's.In fact they could have scored another RUSHING TD in the closing seconds.but they showed us "mercy" and kicked a FG.But yeah their RB's suck lol.They had 173 rushing yards in that game NOT counting ALL the passes to their RB's(which show as passing stats).Brees could basically "take the day off" as his RB's did their jobs taking us apart(and so the RB/QB BS continues on into infinity lol)

????   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Defenses need something the NFL has been so focused on making the game easier on O....My view on which is more important though is this if a team is 1 dimensional they are easier to defend....Lot easier to take away the run first and force teams to stay in passing modes....Also why nfl stats are broken we look at the overall numbers not the per yards per play stat which is better indication of how a D is doing.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Maybe it is just me but I still got a feeling that Howie is going to hit us with a shocking trade.... 

Like what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are parts of the beauty of football - the chess match on the field, but unlike chess there are very human elements. Every move has risk and consequences. Does the player stick to his assignment or take the risk? Sure, run and pass set each other up and both are important. Even tho the rules now favor the O, none are indefensible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Maybe it is just me but I still got a feeling that Howie is going to hit us with a shocking trade.... 

LOL The idea of adding Clowney to a defensive line that already features Fletcher Cox, Malik Jackson and Brandon Graham may be too good for the Philadelphia Eagles to pass up. With Carson Wentz airing it out in Doug Pederson's high-octane offense, and Clowney potentially anchoring a dominant defensive line, the Eagles have a real shot at another Super Bowl run if they were to trade for the defensive end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

No clue lol hence why I said shocking just a gut feeling that he makes a trade 

So if on the off chance that happens you can say "I told ya so" lol

1 hour ago, downwithdallas said:

I hope everyone is having a good and safe memorial day weekend 

Made some Brats.Got some left,c'mon down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IDK I still believe we should get Tre Boston(S-AZ).Think he would improve our secondary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now