DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

38 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

But then watch the video one more time. What he’s doing isn’t college only ball. All those will work for him in the pros just as well. It’s a perfect marriage of size, speed, style, strength, hands, balance with....the modern rules. And the way the game is being called now. Not much a defender can do but foul him to stop him.

Watched it,blown defensive assignments,curl routes,out jumping defenders,perfectly placed balls etc.Once again this is college ball.I'm not ready to annoint him as "the next best thing".I withhold judgement until I see him play in the pros

And FL I can think of a corner or two that could be solid at defending him. It would take a Richard Sherman. Maybe I’ll give Josh Norman a tiny bit of props in this area. But both those guys are at the end of their career. 

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

And FL I can think of a corner or two that could be solid at defending him. It would take a Richard Sherman. Maybe I’ll give Josh Norman a tiny bit of props in this area. But both those guys are at the end of their career. 

We'll see if he can compete and do these things at the pro level.First he has to learn the SPEED of the NFL,much faster 

PFF has an article that gets you thinking about Wentz specifically when you look at JAWA strengths. Wentz has a cannon. He make those deep throws and challenge down field accurately. He can throw the fade and back shoulder throws.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

But it wouldn’t stop me from taking that chance one on one with Arcega even still.

What I like best about him,and what the plan probably was,was to get the field stretcher and force that 1 on 1.I'm not saying he CANT do it,I hope he CAN.If Jax can stay healthy,this pretty much forces defenses to go one on one with Alshon, AG, Ertz,JJ in relief,which leaves a LB on Goedert lol

And you see in college that if he gets inside position it’s over. Which just sets up the outside even more. And he is good at keeping distance from the sideline to give more space and options.

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

What I like best about him,and what the plan probably was,was to get the field stretcher and force that 1 on 1.I'm not saying he CANT do it,I hope he CAN.If Jax can stay healthy,this pretty much forces defenses to go one on one with Alshon, AG, Ertz,JJ in relief,which leaves a LB on Goedert lol

So in essence we have 6 possible receivers.We can shuffle them around and find out who has the hot hand any given week

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

And you see in college that if he gets inside position it’s over. Which just sets up the outside even more. And he is good at keeping distance from the sideline to give more space and options.

Easier to get inside position in college than it is in the pros

We also have been focused on 12 personnel(two TE) sets. But we have a very legit four WR set to start the season. That would test the depth of the opponents corner/coverage team big time. Blending and using both sets makes for a very challenging prep week for any defense against us. 

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We also have been focused on 12 personnel(two TE) sets. But we have a very legit four WR set to start the season. That would test the depth of the opponents corner/coverage team big time. Blending and using both sets makes for a very challenging prep week for any defense against us. 

Going with 93 here a sec. IF they see what they want from JJAW,would you work a trade with AG for Clowney? 

Houston has 2 nice WR's but no real slot threat and/or BU at the position.Ag would provide the slot threat.IDK if Howie can swing this,but he's a magician lol

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Houston has 2 nice WR's but no real slot threat and/or BU at the position.Ag would provide the slot threat.IDK if Howie can swing this,but he's a magician lol

BTW Houston struggled some when Fuller was out with injury.Another reason they could go with the Ag trade,although parting with Clowney would be tough to do

I just wouldn’t see why Agholor would be an attractive option for many. Clearly on a one year overpaid situation. Not much reason for Nelly to renegotiate either.

43 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

RIP Bart Starr

My fathers favorite QB!

Crunch time for the FO and Sproles.Think we'd be fine either way.If he retires we still have nice backfield if Sanders comes along as planned.If we choose to re-sign Sproles,then IDK who we'd cut.probably Smalls? Don't see Pump making this team unless we have no ST guy to replace him

1 minute ago, 1wrangler said:

My fathers favorite QB!

IDK how the heck GB does it.Starr,Favre,Rodgers,that 3 super stars in a row

6 hours ago, EaglesNJ69 said:

Your right TD.  I know of from where you speak.  Love your attitude.  So refreshing to always hear.  I came from a country and western hayride I attended with my wife last night and they played the service songs for all the services and had the vets of each service stand while their service song was played.  A great tribute.

Thank you NJ! I honor you along with ALL and thank you for your service. It sounds like that was an outstanding memorial service. I'm glad you & your wife enjoyed it.

3 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

My fathers favorite QB!

My dads was Tarkenton.Dude was like Houdini .Not the best stat wise,but super fun watching him play

New place open here.Waterfront tiki bar.I may go check it out today.Been locked up here all week,need to get outta here for what little sanity I have left(if any)

IDK,I could see us enticing Houston into a trade for Clowney for reasons previously stated.If this is doable,can you imagine  this team??(Yikes) We'd still have Alshon,Djax,JJAW,Hollins as the basic WR corps.With Clowney another disruptive source,this would take a little pressure off the DB's.Depends on if Houston wants to give up a little on D to gain a little on O.Could be interesting for both teams

6 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

My grandpa was just a cook in WWI and he told me a story that he said would stay with him forever. Back then when night fell fighting stopped and a lot of times guys from both sides would play cards at night. Well the next morning the enemy pushed through and he was stabbed by a bayonet from a guy he was playing cards with the night before. All he had was his cooking knife and he had to kill him before he was. He ended up getting part of a goats stomach put in from the damage done to his stomach in the attack. He also lost 6 toes to infection because of poor quality of boots and the conditions that they were constantly in.

I'm sorry your grandfather had to endure that nightmare! My heart goes out to him, your family and yourself.

18 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I just wouldn’t see why Agholor would be an attractive option for many. Clearly on a one year overpaid situation. Not much reason for Nelly to renegotiate either.

Paying Ag well,Clowney would cost more,but the additional expediture would be about the same as signing a good player in FA

5 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

War is not pretty,it is a necessary evil.As Confucious once said "War doesn't decide who is right,war decides who is left" Think about it.I salute your grandfathers service and the fact he decided to share this with you.As I said before,cooks are an integral part of the puzzle.The Germans lost in Russia due to cold and lack of food.EVERY job is important.So many have pent up stories,because it's too painful to re-live. My step dad who passed away a few years ago,finally opened to me ONCE.He never even told his wife(my mother).He was the radar man on the USS Wileman(DE),protecting our ships from and in pursuit of the "wolfpack" U-boats.They took some torpedoes.One came right into the room he was sitting in but did not detonate. He continued at his post staring this thing in the face.After removing some parts,they found the detonator was placed wrong.They left it intact while returning to port,because to remove it would cause additional flooding.The boat hull had kind of made a "seal" so the water coming in was minimal.They brought pumps down and were able to offset it and thats how they returned to port 8 days later. IDK unarmed or not,had to be scary doing your job with a bomb in your face.BTW I still stand for the national anthem,even if it's on TV.After the salute,I give haters the 1 finger wave.Enjoy your weekend and remember those that can't be here to do it.

That's an incredible story GB. I would think that a pressured situation like that would be even harder to sustain while being out in the middle of the Atlantic as compared to being on land, but I could be wrong. I just know that I'd feel safer on firm ground as opposed to the thought of being Jaws' dinner or drowning! I too stand and salute during the National Anthem even if on TV lol.

2 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

My father was in the Marine Corp during World War 2. He never told me how to live my life. He lived his and let me watch him do it. Always faithful to the end of his life. Semper Fi Dad.

SEAL's and Marines are tops in my book Wrang.

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Some great highlights there Ham. Thanks for sharing! I think the Eagles have themselves a nice replacement for AJ whenever he decides to hang up his cleats.