DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Watched it,blown defensive assignments,curl routes,out jumping defenders,perfectly placed balls etc.Once again this is college ball.I'm not ready to annoint him as "the next best thing".I withhold judgement until I see him play in the pros

I'm not ready to glorify JJAW yet either. But you don't think he'll be successful with those athletic skills - barring his route running ability of which I'm in no position to judge either way - or be able to out jump NFL DB's?

42 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK,I could see us enticing Houston into a trade for Clowney for reasons previously stated.If this is doable,can you imagine  this team??(Yikes) We'd still have Alshon,Djax,JJAW,Hollins as the basic WR corps.With Clowney another disruptive source,this would take a little pressure off the DB's.Depends on if Houston wants to give up a little on D to gain a little on O.Could be interesting for both teams

They could sure use help to keep Watson upright and another receiving weapon which would shorten the time that the line has to PP. Imagine Watson if he had another sec or two to scan the field.

Back from the new place.it was AWESOME.It's HUGE and 8 mins from my house. I OD'd on bacon wrapped shrimp skewers in orange glaze sauce.I could not finish the BLT.I will go back.It has a pool too! It's "babe city" on the waterfront.IDk what they will play on their tv,but its a 15 x 12 FOOT Big screen.HUGE

4 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Going with 93 here a sec. IF they see what they want from JJAW,would you work a trade with AG for Clowney? 

There is absolutely no way AG for Clowney is going to work. Maybe with a pick or two added on but not straight up like that. I would guess it would have to be a high pick or two as well. 

3 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I'm sorry your grandfather had to endure that nightmare! My heart goes out to him, your family and yourself.

It was long ago my grandfather died 28 years ago on my 8th birthday. He was a great man. He had many accomplishments in his life to be proud of. His army service, a member of the CCs (conservation camps clearing the land in northern Minnesota for it's expansion, clearing trees, rocks and building bridges for cities and roads), a logger, a mayor, a devoted father and husband, his wife was sick most of my mom's life and couldn't work but he held the family together taking on any jobs he could at times to make ends meet, he had the greenest thumb I have ever seen everything he grew turned out just huge whether it was fruits, vegetables,  flowers or other plants. Not one moment defined his life though he had many that easily could have. He was truly my hero growing up and will be forever missed but everyone who ever met him was truly changed by his presence. I thank you for your condolences but he never would let anything get in his way.

Adding to a report @RapSheet the #Jets have asked for permission to talk with #Eagles VP of player personel for their GM opening. I’m told unless Jets give Douglas final say on players the Eagles would not let him go and Joe Douglas would not take the job. @SportsRadioWIP

— Howard Eskin (@howardeskin) May 24, 2019

My one ( through adoption ) granfather spent WWII in a concentration camp. Had the tattoo but never once talked about it. Thankful to the GI's who ended it and got him out.

3 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

My one ( through adoption ) granfather spent WWII in a concentration camp. Had the tattoo but never once talked about it. Thankful to the GI's who ended it and got him out.

That had to be a horrible time just from the treatment and to know he was on borrowed time I couldn't imagine. My heart goes out to him and the cruelty he no doubt had to suffer. 

52 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Back from the new place.it was AWESOME.It's HUGE and 8 mins from my house. I OD'd on bacon wrapped shrimp skewers in orange glaze sauce.I could not finish the BLT.I will go back.It has a pool too! It's "babe city" on the waterfront.IDk what they will play on their tv,but its a 15 x 12 FOOT Big screen.HUGE

ALL this and YOU'RE BACK ALREADY? LOL I would've stayed till I was in scoring position LMAO!

38 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

It was long ago my grandfather died 28 years ago on my 8th birthday. He was a great man. He had many accomplishments in his life to be proud of. His army service, a member of the CCs (conservation camps clearing the land in northern Minnesota for it's expansion, clearing trees for cities and roads), a logger, a mayor, a devoted father and husband, his wife was sick most of my mom's life and couldn't work but he held the family together taking on any jobs he could at times to make ends meet, he had the greenest thumb I have ever seen everything he grew turned out just huge whether it was fruits, vegetables,  flowers or other plants. Not one moment defined his life though he had many that easily could have. He was truly my hero growing up and will be forever missed but everyone who ever met him was truly changed by his presence. I thank you for your condolences but he never would let anything get in his way.

Definitely a VERY honorable man DWD!

23 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

From everything I've seen about that subject on educational documentaries and the movie Band of Brothers, that's horrible MJK!

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

Adding to a report @RapSheet the #Jets have asked for permission to talk with #Eagles VP of player personel for their GM opening. I’m told unless Jets give Douglas final say on players the Eagles would not let him go and Joe Douglas would not take the job. @SportsRadioWIP

— Howard Eskin (@howardeskin) May 24, 2019

Makes sense Douglas would only leave if he was given full control anything less and he is essentially doing the same job as he is here...

Watching the National Memorial Day Concert on PBS. Some really UFB stories! Stories you don't want to believe, but you know they're as real as matter. It's a real heart cranker. Just an exquisite service! I don't like watching downer stuff, but this is different and bordering on obligatory. I feel like I owe it to them.

1641548936_USFlagwSoldier.jpg.433d1fdfb721af7fd3519776c932ff9f.jpg

3 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

ALL this and YOU'RE BACK ALREADY? LOL I would've stayed till I was in scoring position LMAO!

They would close before I got that far lol

4 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

There is absolutely no way AG for Clowney is going to work. Maybe with a pick or two added on but not straight up like that. I would guess it would have to be a high pick or two as well. 

It was long ago my grandfather died 28 years ago on my 8th birthday. He was a great man. He had many accomplishments in his life to be proud of. His army service, a member of the CCs (conservation camps clearing the land in northern Minnesota for it's expansion, clearing trees, rocks and building bridges for cities and roads), a logger, a mayor, a devoted father and husband, his wife was sick most of my mom's life and couldn't work but he held the family together taking on any jobs he could at times to make ends meet, he had the greenest thumb I have ever seen everything he grew turned out just huge whether it was fruits, vegetables,  flowers or other plants. Not one moment defined his life though he had many that easily could have. He was truly my hero growing up and will be forever missed but everyone who ever met him was truly changed by his presence. I thank you for your condolences but he never would let anything get in his way.

Not necessarily true,we would take on a bigger salary,they would save some green

6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

They would close before I got that far lol

Not if you flashed a wad of image.jpeg.ab0bc0481e0ee3246d690fe65097f2d4.jpeg and told people you had a beach house lol

13 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Not if you flashed a wad of image.jpeg.ab0bc0481e0ee3246d690fe65097f2d4.jpeg and told people you had a beach house lol

No beach house lol.besides I'm deaf and also 62.doubt seriously I could give a run vs a 25 year old with a vette lol

7 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

No beach house lol.besides I'm deaf and also 62.doubt seriously I could give a run vs a 25 year old with a vette lol

lol Way to look at it through CLEAR lenses

15 hours ago, EaglesNJ69 said:

You should be getting Chris Long accolades.  You're a brother to always have.  Why can't what you did be made mention of on TV headlines, even national.  Actions like these are more important than the nonsense you get today.   As a vet myself,  GBFL, you just made our country a better place to be. You helped a brother.  Proud of you for being there and what you did.  God bless!!  Have a safe memorial day.

I forgot NJ, to thank you also for your service

Over a mile means insurance doesn't require all the hurricane crap and lower rates.

Amyone want to buy a house? Still looking at that place in Elizabethtown, PA - it's freakin gorgeous!

Do like the people, politics and laid back attitude of the Cape except during tourist season when we can't make a left turn. Maybe we should enact a capacity limit at town meeting, only allowing so many vehicles across the bridges

14 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Not necessarily true,we would take on a bigger salary,they would save some green

Ya but they aren't exchanging an overpaid slot receiver for an underpaid STARTING DE. Even at franchise tag value his long term contract will more then likely be worth more per year then his tag value. So I would very highly doubt that they would make that trade without good compensation and a 3rd string WR isn't going to be enough for a top 10 DE/OLB even with the extra cap space. My bet would be they are looking for at least a 1st and a 3rd. Nobody is going to give a 1st and a 3rd for AG I don't care if their top 10 WRs get hurt and put on IR in preseason. 

5 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Over a mile means insurance doesn't require all the hurricane crap and lower rates.

Amyone want to buy a house? Still looking at that place in Elizabethtown, PA - it's freakin gorgeous!

Cant sell my house either,The bottom has dropped out of the market

Lunch with vet went great.He got himself cleaned up for this "event".Something as small as lunch was a BIG DEAL to him!! We take so much for granted,we should all be punished.He thanked me again for making arrangements so he will never be out on the streets again.I told him where I hang out so if anything happens to go there.I will be there in a day or 2,or let someone inside know and they will text me.He is not the "beggar" type with the cardboard signs,he is a fighter and takes what is given.I'm not even gonna get into what he did in the service,suffice to say these are the people we should take care of before any illegals.I did not take him to a fancy expensive place.I did not want to overwhelm him.Just took him to a little local sit down.Not fast food,he deserved better than that.I tried to give him 100.00 in the interim wait for his new "residence" which he refused to take.So,while he was in the restroom,I got him 100.00 gift card at the restaurant.The staff is keeping that there for him,so noone can steal it.He got tears in his eyes and told me I was a great person.I said no,I am just a person like you,who had a better shot at things,better luck,better breaks in life,and I told him I hoped this was the start of better breaks for him too.The restaurant will also give him 50% off whatever he orders as a way to help stretch the 100.00.Told him we will meet again sometime.I wish him a better life........and will be around to catch him if he falls. Peace to all on this board

2 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

Ya but they aren't exchanging an overpaid slot receiver for an underpaid STARTING DE. Even at franchise tag value his long term contract will more then likely be worth more per year then his tag value. So I would very highly doubt that they would make that trade without good compensation and a 3rd string WR isn't going to be enough for a top 10 DE/OLB even with the extra cap space. My bet would be they are looking for at least a 1st and a 3rd. Nobody is going to give a 1st and a 3rd for AG I don't care if their top 10 WRs get hurt and put on IR in preseason. 

Howie would never give all that.BTW deals can be re-worked and Houston will need to decide which players they can afford to keep.We shall see,but even though we are in the mix a little,it could also come down to where he wants to play if Houston decides to part ways.As we know players have come here for LESS just to be on a competitive team.We have players respect as an organization and they know we treat them right to the best of our ability(see Foles)