DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Houses here are averaging 84 days on the market, so no prob. Making the decision to move is the prob

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Cant sell my house either,The bottom has dropped out of the market

I'm looking for a place I wish the bottom would drop out of the market up here but Minnesota likes to invite every foreigner they can get here. Free house, 7 years no taxes, free college in state, automatically eligible for food stamps and welfare for 2 years and other crap plus we brought in the 2nd most refugees in the whole damn country. They take our jobs, houses, make it more difficult for families from here that need state benefits to get them and they have screwed our state budget. As long as the federal government keeps throwing kickbacks that are being used for bonuses to them for it they won't change though. It only hurts the little guys which nobody in office cares about anyways.

5 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

Ya but they aren't exchanging an overpaid slot receiver for an underpaid STARTING DE. Even at franchise tag value his long term contract will more then likely be worth more per year then his tag value. So I would very highly doubt that they would make that trade without good compensation and a 3rd string WR isn't going to be enough for a top 10 DE/OLB even with the extra cap space. My bet would be they are looking for at least a 1st and a 3rd. Nobody is going to give a 1st and a 3rd for AG I don't care if their top 10 WRs get hurt and put on IR in preseason. 

DWD, All I was stating was that in my opinion Agholor, Big-V, Mills and Darby were expendable if the Texans were interested in making a trade. I also believe a high round draft pick would be involved as well but a couple of these players couldn't possibly soften the blow. Who knows if the Eagles are interested

Howie would never give all that.BTW deals can be re-worked and Houston will need to decide which players they can afford to keep.We shall see,but even though we are in the mix a little,it could also come down to where he wants to play if Houston decides to part ways.As we know players have come here for LESS just to be on a competitive team.We have players respect as an organization and they know we treat them right to the best of our ability(see Foles)

You're right AG can rework his deal but so can Clowney making his contract this year very reasonable to any team taking him. You can't argue one side of the trade without actually considering the other side. Everything contract wise you can do on both side. So at that point you are comparing players, position value, need, health and character. I believe Clowney wins 4 out of 5. Yes Clowney will get the bigger contract but that is because he is a better player, DE higher paid position, Starting DE/OLB is more of a need then a slot WR around the NFL, AG is healthier, Clowney never agreed to pay a stripper for sex and then refused to pay afterwards lol 

2 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

DWD, All I was stating was that in my opinion Agholor, Big-V, Mills and Darby were expendable if the Texans were interested in making a trade. I also believe a high round draft pick would be involved as well but a couple of these players couldn't possibly soften the blow. Who knows if the Eagles are interested

I would rather go after Yannick Ngakoue from Jax he had 29 sacks in his first 3 years and Agholor has chemistry with Foles. I think that would be a good fit for him. They are both on the last year of their rookie deal too. Jax needs picks to build around Foles an money off their cap for next year. With Ramsey and Jack also needing paydays in the next year and the fact he is currently staying away from camp holding out for more money he could be a possibility if we are asking. I would take Myles Jack if they decided to go that route. Could you see that LB core Jack, Brown and Bradham who do you take off the field.

The Chiefs gave a first and second round pick for Clark. So that’s the market for a top pass rusher. Obviously the Chiefs are a top team and those picks are very late in the round.

I kind of think it a good time to trade Jenkins. He seemed to really lose a step. While he’s a solid leader and very versatile....couldn’t help but notice that he gave up a bunch of catches and yardage. And we could use the contract holdout as the reason for trade more than the loss of ability. He’s been a great player for us but I feel like giving him a raise would be based more on the past than the future production from him.

Foles not at practice for the Jags has me a little concerned. I really doubt he is just skipping practice. So I’m afraid he is dealing with some very serious family matter. Sure hope all works out ok for Nick.

1 hour ago, downwithdallas said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/28/yannick-ngakoue-absent-from-jaguars-otas/

Now he is skipping more time even though he said he wouldn't miss anymore time this offseason. 

He is still my guy if we were to trade for a DE.

I don’t see them trading him. Just doesn’t make much sense.

Did Dak sign a 100 mill contract? Passed a few tv's today but the volume wasn't on. C'mon Jerruh, pay him 200 mill, lol!

The cowboys extended Randy Gregory last month. Kind of snuck by the news. Seems weird that you can even do that. The league suspended Gregory indefinitely. You shouldn’t be able to extend a suspended player. Jerry will find a way to get Gregory back on the field this season. Anyone else and I would have doubts but we all know Jerry will pull whatever strings needed.

10 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Did Dak sign a 100 mill contract? Passed a few tv's today but the volume wasn't on. C'mon Jerruh, pay him 200 mill, lol!

I’ve just heard that his contract is close. The Cooper contract is not. Not sure where that leaves the Elliott contract.

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I kind of think it a good time to trade Jenkins. He seemed to really lose a step. While he’s a solid leader and very versatile....couldn’t help but notice that he gave up a bunch of catches and yardage. And we could use the contract holdout as the reason for trade more than the loss of ability. He’s been a great player for us but I feel like giving him a raise would be based more on the past than the future production from him.

Are we in win now mode ... or not?  If so, you don't trade Jenkins. 

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I don’t see them trading him. Just doesn’t make much sense.

They can't afford to pay Mack, Ramsey and him with Foles, Dareus, Campbell, Bouye, Norwell and Smith all making over 10 million next year. Granted both Dareus and Campbell can be cut or resigned next year for a fraction of the price. Most people I've seen are saying they can't resign Mack, Ramsey and Ngakoue next year for big money deals unless they move on from both Dareus and Campbell but don't see them doing that. That's not even mentioning them bringing in free agents next year or anything else. 

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The cowboys extended Randy Gregory last month. Kind of snuck by the news. Seems weird that you can even do that. The league suspended Gregory indefinitely. You shouldn’t be able to extend a suspended player. Jerry will find a way to get Gregory back on the field this season. Anyone else and I would have doubts but we all know Jerry will pull whatever strings needed.

The Gregory extension was before the suspension.  If you want to though, there is no rules against extending a player on suspension. Actually I think it would be smart to push money back because you don't know if he will be suspended again given them incentive to stay clean.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2838363-nflpa-executive-director-demaurice-smith-warns-agents-to-plan-for-work-stoppage?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl    DO this and I will stop watching ALL games,never buy another NFL item and cease support for any player.Unions ruined this country and they will ruin sports

12 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2838363-nflpa-executive-director-demaurice-smith-warns-agents-to-plan-for-work-stoppage?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl    DO this and I will stop watching ALL games,never buy another NFL item and cease support for any player.Unions ruined this country and they will ruin sports

They did the same thing the last time the CBA was set to expire.

21 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Remember ... a lockout is the owners ... not the players.   A Strike is the players.    Looks like they are preparing for a lockout, especially after seeign language in the coaches contracts.    IMO, the players should always prepare for such a thing, in terms of saving money.   you are 22 years old... making $500k  or whatever as a rookie or first year borderline player/late draft pick.... save the money.  If you are borderline, you shouldn't take it for granted... and a 22 year old doesn't need to spend half of that money (after taxes)  I don't see anything wrong with the message.   Perhaps the better prepared they are for a work stoppage, decreases the chances of a work stoppage?   

As for the CBA .... you can give the players an increased share... if they want guaranteed contracts, then we take away the signing bonuses, and deals will also get shorter.      They can skip the 5th year option, not sure that helps rookies or aging vets like they seem concerned about, just makes the 4th-6th year guys even more in demand???     I would also use language to make another mandatory OTA or 2 during the offseason.  

If a player gets 17 game checks .... how much do they get for camp, OTAs etc...  look at the time investment, to me if a guy is here working in May, same as the guy working during the season... he is here working, perhaps split the salaries into 30 weeks ... if they miss time now, they don't get paid?   I'm not talking about the guys rehabing on the sideline, I'm talkign about the guys sipping drinks on a beach!!!!   Or on family vacations.  

There are trade offs for more money an guarantees... like more focus on the work.   Other sports have guarantees ... otehr sports travel for 40 away games or 81 in baseball .... football is 8 overnight stays per season.  Longer seasons in baseball, basketball and hockey though.

Give and take in a CBA... I'll give you more $$$ and guarantees... you put in more time and work for it though.   

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Leagilized gambling... Pathetic, Corrupt Public Officials and Politicians  are First in line when it comes to ruining this country. Of course this Upcoming fight ain’t about fans... it’s about MORE money for the Owners and scraps for the players. Greed rules the day. Got NOTHING to do with honor or Character it’s about the OWNERS keeping as much and power that they can. If it wasn’t for unions most people would NEVER earn a decent wage, if it was left SOLELY to management to pay their employees... Many would still earn crap for wages. Unfortunately many unions today only serve their Union management team and not the workers. If the price is right seem anyone can be bought these days. As a retired Communications worker, Unions made a huge difference in my world until they were bought and paid for by the lobbyist in DC .

Hey GB, I remember you getting angry with the NFL teams playing in London and hurting venders and etc financially. Maybe the players can rectify that in the next agreement. The players don't like Thursday night football either. Another opportunity to change that with negotiations. Something else most fans never consider. I think last year the NFL signed another 8 year agreement with NIKE to supply NFL uniforms. Yes, the same NIKE that has an international workforce made up of 80 percent women who they pay an average salary of 150.00 a month. The same NIKE that pays its women in their Viet Nam plant 34.00 dollars a week for a 65 hour work week to make sneakers that they sell for 140.00 dollars a pair.  The same NIKE that is paying athletes who are kneeling for human rights millions in endorsements at the expense of other workers. Yep, I would say that there is plenty to get resolved going forward.