DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

But that job isn’t known to recycle through the league. Most guys get one shot at it. That’s where it doesn’t compare. You need to build up to get the right job because you probably only get one shot at it. And the Jets job deals if he won’t really get the true position and power but he could take the falll very quickly...and be out. 

Welp IDK you'd have to ask Mr Douglas

12 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I don’t see the Jets job as being a big step up for Douglas. He’s put in all the hard work. You would think he would wait for the right opportunity that he earned to be The Man. Sounds like Gase has the Jets job locked in like Chip did here.

In the 1600's English Poet John Milton wrote in his epic poem Pasadise  Lost that it was better to rule in Hell than serve in Heaven. 

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

OH so you have to spend that extra 10 minutes on Wed night to set your fantasy line-up-WOW huge effort lol

Yes kind of is. I’d rather just put in a quality effort Sunday Morning. But Thur games mean you have to consider all options for the week on Thursday. And my leagues I play use waivers. Waivers don’t run until Wed or Thur. So then you have to scramble. Fantasy Football is hurt by Thursday night games big time. But also it’s an inferior product. Not nearly as good as Sunday and Monday football quality wise. And it puts stress on the schedule making and fairness. It also puts stress on the players.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yes kind of is. I’d rather just put in a quality effort Sunday Morning. But Thur games mean you have to consider all options for the week on Thursday. And my leagues I play use waivers. Waivers don’t run until Wed or Thur. So then you have to scramble. Fantasy Football is hurt by Thursday night games big time. But also it’s an inferior product. Not nearly as good as Sunday and Monday football quality wise. And it puts stress on the schedule making and fairness. It also puts stress on the players.

Sorry but the NFL will not make decisions based on your fantasy team,not gonna happen

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

My private league,which I have had for 16 years has 17 rounds/players per team with customized scoring.If you cant cover a thursday night game you really have no biz in my league lol

9 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

But that job isn’t known to recycle through the league. Most guys get one shot at it. That’s where it doesn’t compare. You need to build up to get the right job because you probably only get one shot at it. And the Jets job deals if he won’t really get the true position and power but he could take the falll very quickly...and be out. 

How about John Dorsey for openers?

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

Sorry but the NFL will not make decisions based on your fantasy team,not gonna happen

Fantasy football crates millions of revenue for the NFL. I wouldn’t be so sure. But like I said....it isn’t just one thing. It’s a multitude of reasons. Sure the owners are greedy. And that’s why Thur games exist. They get extra tv money from it but lose out in many other areas because of it. So I don’t think it’s the financial boon initially thought. There are negative consequences.

6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

everyone has that SAME problem,so whats the big deal? All is fair in love and fantasy 

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Fantasy football crates millions of revenue for the NFL. I wouldn’t be so sure. But like I said....it isn’t just one thing. It’s a multitude of reasons. Sure the owners are greedy. And that’s why Thur games exist. They get extra tv money from it but lose out in many other areas because of it. So I don’t think it’s the financial boon initially thought. There are negative consequences.

Well there we go then!!!! Lets let the players just NOT play and we will guess stat wise who wins fantasy games.That way they risk no injury,the NFL makes money and you are happy as a clam

My private league,which I have had for 16 years has 17 rounds/players per team with customized scoring.If you cant cover a thursday night game you really have no biz in my league lol

Is it about just covering? I think it’s about fielding the best team for that week. But also you need to make decisions for your team as a whole for the whole season. Also when forced to make a Thur game decision you don’t know the Sun injury situations yet. It’s one thing to cover a Sun or Mon night game but with Thur that’s quite a prediction. Heck I usually watch the reports up to ten minutes before game time to make decisions.

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

everyone has that SAME problem,so whats the big deal? All is fair in love and fantasy 

Exactly...problem

28 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I don’t see the Jets job as being a big step up for Douglas. He’s put in all the hard work. You would think he would wait for the right opportunity that he earned to be The Man. Sounds like Gase has the Jets job locked in like Chip did here.

Only real step up for Douglas would be if he got full control to build the roster and with limited chances to get that type of job in the NFL would not fault him for taking it....Anything less then that though can’t see him leaving 

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Is it about just covering? I think it’s about fielding the best team for that week. But also you need to make decisions for your team as a whole for the whole season. Also when forced to make a Thur game decision you don’t know the Sun injury situations yet. It’s one thing to cover a Sun or Mon night game but with Thur that’s quite a prediction. Heck I usually watch the reports up to ten minutes before game time to make decisions.

Exactly...problem

So if everyone has the same problem why is that not fair?

Let's see how many teams/athletes Nike (excluding Jordan brand) sponsors in just the United States

94 college teams

NFL

NBA

Every one of these NBA players
Lavoy Allen, Lou Amundson, Chris Andersen, Ryan Anderson, Trevor Ariza, Bam Adebayo, Luke Babbitt, Brandon Bass, Bradley Beal, DeJuan Blair, Eric Bledsoe, Devin Booker, Trevor Booker, Miles Bridges, Chris Bosh, Elton Brand, Kobe Bryant, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Vince Carter, Michael Carter-Williams, Tyson Chandler, Wilson Chandler, Norris Cole, Nick Collison, DeMarcus Cousins,  Jae Crowder, Dante Cunningham, Anthony Davis, Ed Davis, Glen Davis, Mike Dunleavy, Jr., Kevin Durant, Wayne Ellington, Tyreke Evans, Landry Fields, De'Aaron Fox, Markelle Fultz, Randy Foye, Channing Frye, Harry Giles, Rudy Gay, Paul George, Danny Granger, Danny Green, Draymond Green, Tyler Hansbrough, Tobias Harris, Spencer Hawes, Gordon Hayward, Brendan Haywood, JJ Hickson, Kris Humphries, Andre Iguodala, Kyrie Irving, Reggie Jackson, LeBron James, Al Jefferson, Richard Jefferson, James Jones, DeAndre Jordan, Ryan Kelly, Shane Larkin, John Lucas III, Shawn Marion, Wesley Matthews, Jason Maxiell, O. J. Mayo, Josh McRoberts, Malik Monk, Paul Millsap, Nazr Mohammed, Greg Monroe, Jameer Nelson, Royce O'Neale, Patrick Patterson, Paul Pierce, Ronnie Price, Tayshaun Prince, Julius Randle, J.J. Redick, Luke Ridnour, Thomas Robinson, Brandon Rush, D'Angelo Russell, Mike Scott, Henry Sims, Jason Smith, J.R. Smith, Amar'e Stoudemire, Jayson Tatum, Marcus Thornton, Ekpe Udoh, Dion Waiter, Deron Williams, Brandan Wright, Thaddeus Young

WNBA

FIBA

U.S National Handball Team

U.S National Basketball Team

Professional Soccer teams

Birmingham Legion FC, Charleston Battery, Memphis 901 FC, Jacksonville Armada FC, NY Cosmos, Orange County SC, Rio Grande Valley FC Toros, Sacramento Republic FC, San Antonio FC, Saint Louis FC, Tampa Bay Rowdies, Luca de la Torre

Soccer Players
Tim Howard, Alex Morgan, Jordan Morris, Christian Pulisic, Timothy Weah, Clint Dempsey, Landon Donovan

Track star
Allyson Felix

Gymnast 
Simone Biles

Swimmer
Simone Manuel

Tennis Players
Lauren Davis, Madison Keys, Sloane Stephens, Serena Williams

CrossFit Athletes
Mat Fraser, Josh Bridges, Jeff Evans, Lauren Ficher, Nate Schrader, Khan Porter, Brandon Swan, Kenny Leverich, Jacob Heppner, Alexandra LaChance

Golfers
Tiger Woods, Tony Finau, Russell Henley, Brooks Koepka, Patrick Reed, Julian Suri, Nick Watney, Michelle Wie

But yeah, the NFL is going to make them change their business practices

Image result for yeah ok gif jennifer lawrence

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Exactly...problem

Again the NFL isnt going to base anything on fantasy

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I have never had much issues with Thursday night games in my FF leagues so I have to agree not really a big deal 

Thursday Night games have single handedly hurt FF for me. And I doubt I’m alone. 

And Thursday games have gone on before fantasy???

So if everyone has the same problem why is that not fair?

Never said it wasn’t fair(talking fantasy football because league schedule wise it is t fair and creates the most scheduling discrepancy’s). It’s s fair way to hurt the game of FF. Many can’t spend the time invested to log in every day over FF. 

1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I have never had much issues with Thursday night games in my FF leagues so I have to agree not really a big deal 

IDK it's a GAME.I love it,you do your best coaching imitation vs other doing the same thing.It's just a GAME JFC.I'm not staking my life on my lineup every week 

Never said it wasn’t fair(talking fantasy football because league schedule wise it is t fair and creates the most scheduling discrepancy’s). It’s s fair way to hurt the game of FF. Many can’t spend the time invested to log in every day over FF. 

Then dont join-simple

IDK it's a GAME.I love it,you do your best coaching imitation vs other doing the same thing.It's just a GAME JFC.I'm not staking my life on my lineup every week 

Lmao why it seem like your attacking me on the rare occasion that I’m agreeing with you on something 

Lmao why it seem like your attacking me on the rare occasion that I’m agreeing with you on something 

I didnt the response was to Ham see????

2 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Oh yeah sorry wrong "quote" still......

3 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Only real step up for Douglas would be if he got full control to build the roster and with limited chances to get that type of job in the NFL would not fault him for taking it....Anything less then that though can’t see him leaving 

Interesting that Ozzie Newsome probably had a chance to bring back Douglas and offer him the GM reigns to the roster when he  moved up in the organization and instead chose Eric DeCosta as his new GM. Of course Newsome might not have wanted to give up control of the roster either even though he moved up.

Subject change!!(YAY!!!!!!!) from all accounts to this point Wentz looks "ready to go".This is a BIG year for me,not because of the talent we have Wentz needs to show me he can last a season.I hope he has lreaned from past mistakes.I know he is a competitor and wants to win,he just needs to see some plays are "throw aways" 

All good 🙂 

Well dang you!! You jumped in and de-railed my Ham train HAHAHAHA