DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Subject change!!(YAY!!!!!!!) from all accounts to this point Wentz looks "ready to go".This is a BIG year for me,not because of the talent we have Wentz needs to show me he can last a season.I hope he has lreaned from past mistakes.I know he is a competitor and wants to win,he just needs to see some plays are "throw aways" 

Well dang you!! You jumped in and de-railed my Ham train HAHAHAHA

IDK does this mean I pulled a "HAMMY?" Just askin.I may have bennies to apply for lmao

4 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Interesting that Ozzie Newsome probably had a chance to bring back Douglas and offer him the GM reigns to the roster when he  moved up in the organization and instead chose Eric DeCosta as his new GM. Of course Newsome might not have wanted to give up control of the roster either even though he moved up.

WOW blast from the past,loved watching the OZ play too

9 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Lmao why it seem like your attacking me on the rare occasion that I’m agreeing with you on something 

Force of habit? HAHAHAHA

11 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Let's see how many teams/athletes Nike (excluding Jordan brand) sponsors in just the United States

94 college teams

NFL

NBA

Every one of these NBA players
Lavoy Allen, Lou Amundson, Chris Andersen, Ryan Anderson, Trevor Ariza, Bam Adebayo, Luke Babbitt, Brandon Bass, Bradley Beal, DeJuan Blair, Eric Bledsoe, Devin Booker, Trevor Booker, Miles Bridges, Chris Bosh, Elton Brand, Kobe Bryant, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Vince Carter, Michael Carter-Williams, Tyson Chandler, Wilson Chandler, Norris Cole, Nick Collison, DeMarcus Cousins,  Jae Crowder, Dante Cunningham, Anthony Davis, Ed Davis, Glen Davis, Mike Dunleavy, Jr., Kevin Durant, Wayne Ellington, Tyreke Evans, Landry Fields, De'Aaron Fox, Markelle Fultz, Randy Foye, Channing Frye, Harry Giles, Rudy Gay, Paul George, Danny Granger, Danny Green, Draymond Green, Tyler Hansbrough, Tobias Harris, Spencer Hawes, Gordon Hayward, Brendan Haywood, JJ Hickson, Kris Humphries, Andre Iguodala, Kyrie Irving, Reggie Jackson, LeBron James, Al Jefferson, Richard Jefferson, James Jones, DeAndre Jordan, Ryan Kelly, Shane Larkin, John Lucas III, Shawn Marion, Wesley Matthews, Jason Maxiell, O. J. Mayo, Josh McRoberts, Malik Monk, Paul Millsap, Nazr Mohammed, Greg Monroe, Jameer Nelson, Royce O'Neale, Patrick Patterson, Paul Pierce, Ronnie Price, Tayshaun Prince, Julius Randle, J.J. Redick, Luke Ridnour, Thomas Robinson, Brandon Rush, D'Angelo Russell, Mike Scott, Henry Sims, Jason Smith, J.R. Smith, Amar'e Stoudemire, Jayson Tatum, Marcus Thornton, Ekpe Udoh, Dion Waiter, Deron Williams, Brandan Wright, Thaddeus Young

WNBA

FIBA

U.S National Handball Team

U.S National Basketball Team

Professional Soccer teams

Birmingham Legion FC, Charleston Battery, Memphis 901 FC, Jacksonville Armada FC, NY Cosmos, Orange County SC, Rio Grande Valley FC Toros, Sacramento Republic FC, San Antonio FC, Saint Louis FC, Tampa Bay Rowdies, Luca de la Torre

Soccer Players
Tim Howard, Alex Morgan, Jordan Morris, Christian Pulisic, Timothy Weah, Clint Dempsey, Landon Donovan

Track star
Allyson Felix

Gymnast 
Simone Biles

Swimmer
Simone Manuel

Tennis Players
Lauren Davis, Madison Keys, Sloane Stephens, Serena Williams

CrossFit Athletes
Mat Fraser, Josh Bridges, Jeff Evans, Lauren Ficher, Nate Schrader, Khan Porter, Brandon Swan, Kenny Leverich, Jacob Heppner, Alexandra LaChance

Golfers
Tiger Woods, Tony Finau, Russell Henley, Brooks Koepka, Patrick Reed, Julian Suri, Nick Watney, Michelle Wie

But yeah, the NFL is going to make them change their business practices

Image result for yeah ok gif jennifer lawrence

LOL Of course they could put pressure on NIKE to do the right thing or they could remain the hypocrites that they are now. Same with the players. I personally haven't had any NIKE product in my house in over 20 years. Lets all roll over because it is impossible to change something that isn't right. The NFL can give their yearly pittance to the charity of their choice and give their middle finger to the employees of NIKE. 

2 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

LOL Of course they could put pressure on NIKE to do the right thing or they could remain the hypocrites that they are now. Same with the players. I personally haven't had any NIKE product in my house in over 20 years. Lets all roll over because it is impossible to change something that isn't right. The NFL can give their yearly pittance to the charity of their choice and give their middle finger to the employees of NIKE. 

I don't buy Nike products,but for different reasons

1 minute ago, 1wrangler said:

Nike is everywhere in the world, the NFL needs them more than Nike needs the NFL. No one said just roll over, but again, you're being very naive if you think the NFL is going to change Nike's business practices, it simply isn't going to happen. And good for you, where shall I send your cookie? 

Furthermore, at one point, the NFL was charging the United States Defense Department for military honors, you think they're going to put their foot down with Nike? LMAO, very naive.

12 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK it's a GAME.I love it,you do your best coaching imitation vs other doing the same thing.It's just a GAME JFC.I'm not staking my life on my lineup every week 

Then dont join-simple

I’ve been a long time player. It seems like Thur games have killed off leagues as much as about anything else. I have a busy life. I’m not alone. Thur games are the single thing that makes playing the toughest on me. That’s just my opinion but I doubt I’m alone. I’ve known many a causal player(somenot even fans of the NFL much) and they don’t want to have to deal with that either. How many times have you seen a bad lineup because Thur game caught someone? They didn’t log in to set lineup for Thur and they started a player that’s injured or not their best option. So to me there is no question it hurts the game. Cut it down to have to login Sunday morning and it’s much smoother. Go through all my leagues and make the best decisions. All at one lump time. And that one lump time being when most people actually have a little extra time...so it works out.

Seems to me Nike business practice is the same as most corporate business practices. This is a world wide problem. Apple does the same. We don’t make much of anything in the US anymore. 

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’ve been a long time player. It seems like Thur games have killed off leagues as much as about anything else. I have a busy life. I’m not alone. Thur games are the single thing that makes playing the toughest on me. That’s just my opinion but I doubt I’m alone. I’ve known many a causal player(somenot even fans of the NFL much) and they don’t want to have to deal with that either. How many times have you seen a bad lineup because Thur game caught someone? They didn’t log in to set lineup for Thur and they started a player that’s injured or not their best option. So to me there is no question it hurts the game. Cut it down to have to login Sunday morning and it’s much smoother. Go through all my leagues and make the best decisions. All at one lump time. And that one lump time being when most people actually have a little extra time...so it works out.

Welp if you get "caught" I imagine the REAL team got "caught" also.Thursday games were going on before fantasy.so if you cant run with the big dogs......you can access this on ANY PHONE at any time.Before cell phones? OH THE HUMANITY

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Welp if you get "caught" I imagine the REAL team got "caught" also.Thursday games were going on before fantasy.so if you cant run with the big dogs......you can access this on ANY PHONE at any time.Before cell phones? OH THE HUMANITY

I played fantasy before Thur game schedule kicked in

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I am the commish and if someone has issues like that I tell them "give me your line-up" and I make the changes for them.Your league commish SUCKS!!!

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I played fantasy before Thur game schedule kicked in

They had fantasy before 1974????(that was the first Thursday night game)

I am the big dog of fantasy football ...but have to admit after winning all my championships that every year it gets tougher and tougher for me to spend the time. I’ve watched many leagues fold and go under. IMO FF is losing steam. Maybe it’s partly my age and group. 

2012 Thur game schedule really kicked in. 2006 Thur games kind of really started.

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

I am the big dog of fantasy football ...but have to admit after winning all my championships that every year it gets tougher and tougher for me to spend the time. I’ve watched many leagues fold and go under. IMO FF is losing steam. Maybe it’s partly my age and group. 

GL in my league.BRUTAL lol

5 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Nike is everywhere in the world, the NFL needs them more than Nike needs the NFL. No one said just roll over, but again, you're being very naive if you think the NFL is going to change Nike's business practices, it simply isn't going to happen. And good for you, where shall I send your cookie? 

Furthermore, at one point, the NFL was charging the United States Defense Department for military honors, you think they're going to put their foot down with Nike? LMAO, very naive.

Be careful what you tolerate, you are teaching people how to treat you. 

6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

2012 Thur game schedule really kicked in. 2006 Thur games kind of really started.

well you shoulda quit back then.If everyone has the same rules and knows them going in,there is no favoritism,you play or you dont.You suck it up and do your best.if fantasy isnt fun why play?

13 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Be careful what you tolerate, you are teaching people how to treat you. 

:rolleyes: Yeah OK. One should never assume things about others.

You're talking about one sleazy business putting it's foot down and demanding another sleazy business change it's business practices, otherwise they'll go elsewhere. The NFL for years hid the damage cause by concussions, and they charged the defense department for military honors, they're no better than Nike, yet you still support the NFL.

Ham, dude,give a close friend your password.Text them if you cant set your line-up and let them do it for you.it's not that big of a disaster my friend.Sure you can set it and someone gets hurt and you can't put them in,but thats the same issue for everyone and once again the NFL is not going to base decisions on fantasy

56 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

OH so you have to spend that extra 10 minutes on Wed night to set your fantasy line-up-WOW huge effort lol

???   So do you set your lineup on Saturday afternoon for the sunday games too?    Since we are doing everything a day early...lol   

Just now, joemas6 said:

???   So do you set your lineup on Saturday afternoon for the sunday games too?    Since we are doing everything a day early...lol   

Nope I do it with 15 mins left.Sometimes I will set them on Sat night if I will be away cause I dont use phone aps(most do),but usually 15 mins before game time

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Only option if you aren't gonna be around thursday right? 

4 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I was suggesting a solution for Ham,has nothing to do with me

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

And that’s why I’m considering cutting back on my FF leagues. I might stop playing all together. Just tough to find the time.

Sure thats an option.You can also "co own" teams.When you cant do something,let the other owner do it for you.I co own some teams for friends for just those occaisions and if Im in a pinch they can do it for me also 

47 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Thursday Night games have single handedly hurt FF for me. And I doubt I’m alone. 

Melvin Gordon sitting out his game in london last minute was not great for me, the day after a party...who was up to look at the lineup that early when he wasn't even on the injury report at all the whole week?      Cost me 2 leagues.  In that event, it wasn't fair when considering me vs my opponent for that week, since I took a goosegg.   Also, I've seen where Thursday game you don't use a guy, then your better option is hurt and doesn't play Sunday.   Now you are stuck, because you can't even drop the guy who already played Thursday.    Play in a league where guys are on the west coast,...even worse for them with Thursday issues.   

But the Thursday games stink just from watching one team usually dominate the other and sloppy play.