DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

29 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Seems to me Nike business practice is the same as most corporate business practices. This is a world wide problem. Apple does the same. We don’t make much of anything in the US anymore. 

Nope

54 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

And Thursday games have gone on before fantasy???

Really.... I don't remember ... other than Thanksgiving.... NFL having Thursday games until recently.    I remember my cousins playing fantasy in the late 1980s early 90s.   

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Melvin Gordon sitting out his game in london last minute was not great for me, the day after a party...who was up to look at the lineup that early when he wasn't even on the injury report at all the whole week?      Cost me 2 leagues.  In that event, it wasn't fair when considering me vs my opponent for that week, since I took a goosegg.   Also, I've seen where Thursday game you don't use a guy, then your better option is hurt and doesn't play Sunday.   Now you are stuck, because you can't even drop the guy who already played Thursday.    Play in a league where guys are on the west coast,...even worse for them with Thursday issues.   

But the Thursday games stink just from watching one team usually dominate the other and sloppy play.       

Yeah won some,lost some for similar reasons.Still it's juat a game.of course the object is to win,but first the object is to have fun IMO

Depending on injuries some lineup changes happen at game time .

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Unions great idea in the BEGINNING!!!!! After that THEY had the power and abused it to the point it killed off jobs and business.Also forced busineses to abandon pension plans.Sorry,Still see it the same.Was working,got bought out by a union company,my pay went up 70% for doing the SAME JOB.We had to raise prices because of this and we priced ourselves out of existence.Winner? NOONE

Agreed as a former CWA steward I watched as sacrifices that were bargained for ultimately go back to the employer as employed have lost all leverage in the work places, basically... Take it or leave it

55 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I have never had much issues with Thursday night games in my FF leagues so I have to agree not really a big deal 

Come ooonnnn CHam what do you do when you have injured players in your lineup and have to wait for game time... Fantasy is fun, fun fun 😂😅

Just now, joemas6 said:

Really.... I don't remember ... other than Thanksgiving.... NFL having Thursday games until recently.    I remember my cousins playing fantasy in the late 1980s early 90s.   

Obviously after that first thursday game in 1974,there was money to be made or it never would have expanded.Fantasy changes as the NFL changes,just gotta roll with it

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I would be happy with only TG games.But that would mess up the schedule.Dont like the quick turnarounds some teams have while other dont

If they did only TG thursday games then those teams could have their bye weeks after that(10 days off roughly) and resume sunday play

@1wranglerYou want the players to negotiate something with the NFL that'll actually do some good? How about the players negotiate for lifetime universal healthcare for all NFL players, current and former?

I bring this up because of this

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ex-jets-great-gastineau-has-gofundme-for-fight-of-his-life/ar-AABRFYu?ocid=spartanntp

Because the NFL trying to impose it's will on Nike will do next to nothing.

33 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

They had fantasy before 1974????(that was the first Thursday night game)

November 23, 2006 was the first Thursday NIGHT game ... what they call the "first episode"   meaning... a regular schedule.   Not just Thanksgiving games! 

37 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I am the big dog of fantasy football ...but have to admit after winning all my championships that every year it gets tougher and tougher for me to spend the time. I’ve watched many leagues fold and go under. IMO FF is losing steam. Maybe it’s partly my age and group. 

2012 Thur game schedule really kicked in. 2006 Thur games kind of really started.

Are you Donovan McNabb is real life?     This comment (similar to many others)  seems like it could be from #5?   

7 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

If they did only TG thursday games then those teams could have their bye weeks after that(10 days off roughly) and resume sunday play

They don't really need a BYE after. They don't play the Sun following that Thur. which still gives them the 10 day break lol. What hurts is the short week from playing Sun then having to prepare body and game plan for Thur in 4 days.

13 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

@1wranglerYou want the players to negotiate something with the NFL that'll actually do some good? How about the players negotiate for lifetime universal healthcare for all NFL players, current and former?

I bring this up because of this

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ex-jets-great-gastineau-has-gofundme-for-fight-of-his-life/ar-AABRFYu?ocid=spartanntp

Because the NFL trying to impose it's will on Nike will do next to nothing.

Tough to do because I know of few companies that would cover you after you leave their employ.I also believe the fight for national healthcare for all would be to have a govt CATASROPHIC coverage plan.To me this is what we need more than the ongoing routine coverage.The above is what costs people everything they worked for. We as a nation could afford to do that.Such as "any cost over your annual salary would be covered by the govt" or something along those lines.We cant afford heathcare for all,but we COULD do this

4 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

They don't really need a BYE after. They don't play the Sun following that Thur. which still gives them the 10 day break lol. What hurts is the short week from playing Sun then having to prepare body and game plan for Thur in 4 days.

whatever,not gonna change anyway

2 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

If an EC team has to go to the WC then it cuts down prep even more.

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Tough to do because I know of few companies that would cover you after you leave their employ.I also believe the fight for national healthcare for all would be to have a govt CATASROPOHIC coverage plan.To me this is what we need more than the ongoing routine coverage.The above is what costs people everything they worked for. We as a nation could afford to do that.Such as "any cost over your annual salary would be covered by the govt" or something along those lines.We cant afford heathcare for all,but we COULD do this

Sure, but I think the energy would be better spent trying to come up with some type health coverage for retired players than to try and force Nike into change it's business practices.

FF doesn't interest me and I think the league (not in reference to effect on fan base) would benefit from scrapping TNF 'cause I think that everything involved with with these mid-week games hurts the end product.

1 minute ago, EaglesTD123 said:

FF doesn't interest me and I think the league (not in reference to effect on fan base) would benefit from scrapping TNF 'cause I think that everything involved with with these mid-week games hurts the end product.

its another night of money for the NFL.You're not gonna change that unless viewership drops off to next to nothing.Just think of the ad loot alone

7 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Tough to do because I know of few companies that would cover you after you leave their employ.I also believe the fight for national healthcare for all would be to have a govt CATASROPOHIC coverage plan.To me this is what we need more than the ongoing routine coverage.The above is what costs people everything they worked for. We as a nation could afford to do that.Such as "any cost over your annual salary would be covered by the govt" or something along those lines.We cant afford heathcare for all,but we COULD do this

whatever

That's my favorite honest saying to things out of my control.

7 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

If an EC team has to go to the WC then it cuts down prep even more.

You signed the contract,you understand what you are getting yourself into.Enough WAAAAA for the players.They know and they get paid well.Most make more in 5 years than I will make in my lifetime,but yeah lets whine about some lost sleep?

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

its another night of money for the NFL.You're not gonna change that unless viewership drops off to next to nothing.Just think of the ad loot alone

You're right about that. $$$ talks, BS walks, dries up and gets taken away in the breeze. Plus TNF helps many bars, clubs, etc. small and large.

You're right about that. $$$ talks, BS walks, dries up and gets taken away in the breeze. Plus TNF helps many bars, clubs, etc. small and large.

Yeah,if they could have  a game every night they would lol

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

You signed the contract,you understand what you are getting yourself into.Enough WAAAAA for the players.They know and they get paid well.Most make more in 5 years than I will make in my lifetime,but yeah lets whine about some lost sleep?

How much does lost sleep hurt their game performance? I would have to think it has an effect. How much? Not sure.

How much does lost sleep hurt their game performance? I would have to think it has an effect. How much? Not sure.

IDK I sometimes got 3 hours sleep a night and I survived and I made nowhere NEAR 2 million a year(or whatever figure you choose)

Here is something to consider if you want a National Healthcare for everyone. I am not saying yeah or nay on it but I know a little bit about the process. My wife and I hosted foreign exchange students from Norway when my girls still lived at home and this is what went on over there to get a National Health care and free college education. First of all a minimum 39 percent Federal income tax for everyone and the higher incomes pay more. A 25 percent value added tax (National Sales Tax) on every thing except what the government deems a necessity. Not many Necessities over there. A 12 percent tax on groceries. I guess they aren't a necessity. A 50 percent tax on any automobile purchase less than 30 years old. You buy a car for 30 thousand, it is taxed 15 grand for a 45 thousand out the door price.  Plus gas is 9 dollars a gallon. Lots of folks riding bikes and motorcycles over there. Most families only own one car. Since you only have to pay for your books when you go to college a lot of students have to wait 3 to 4 years to get into the college of their choice so they work at something they don't really like until they get accepted into college.  There are a lot of ways to skin a cat but this is how Norway does it.

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Obviously after that first thursday game in 1974,there was money to be made or it never would have expanded.Fantasy changes as the NFL changes,just gotta roll with it

Right...  yet they still waited 32 years from 1974 to 2006 to start regular Thursday night games.   NFL network.