[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

8 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

5.2 million.

Makes it alot easier for total care with that few people

16 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

5.2 million.

16 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

5.2 million.

Thats what I mean,now try the same formula with 350 million including those that dont work and cannot be taxed

29 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Thats what I mean,now try the same formula with 350 million including those that dont work and cannot be taxed

Actually that many more people paying in to set that whole system up. And I bet if you compare the wealthy Americans to wealthy Norwegians...our wealth massively outweighs their small pockets.

6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Actually that many more people paying in to set that whole system up. And I bet if you compare the wealthy Americans to wealthy Norwegians...our wealth massively outweighs their small pockets.

You look at our financial expenses and it's night and day also. I am pretty sure Norway's army % wise doesn't exceed ours. Nor do they have bases in nearly 1/5 of the countries in the world. Norway worries about Norway not protecting humanity. What is their science budget I would bet ours highly exceeds theirs. I doubt they have a majority of their lower class on welfare and food stamps. Not to mention all the other programs the government offers. What is there stance on refugees and immigrants coming in to the country do they need to pay taxes? What are their tax rates do they compare with ours? We offer disaster relief to countries all over the world do they? There are a lot of questions and numbers that I can't answer but I would be willing to bet that our country exceeds most of their expenses in most areas per capita. 

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Nope it's amount of % working

1 hour ago, downwithdallas said:

You look at our financial expenses and it's night and day also. I am pretty sure Norway's army % wise doesn't exceed ours. Nor do they have bases in nearly 1/5 of the countries in the world. Norway worries about Norway not protecting humanity. What is their science budget I would bet ours highly exceeds theirs. I doubt they have a majority of their lower class on welfare and food stamps. Not to mention all the other programs the government offers. What is there stance on refugees and immigrants coming in to the country do they need to pay taxes? What are their tax rates do they compare with ours? We offer disaster relief to countries all over the world do they? There are a lot of questions and numbers that I can't answer but I would be willing to bet that our country exceeds most of their expenses in most areas per capita. 

What he said too lol

1 hour ago, downwithdallas said:

Want to see their contribution to the ISS and when they plan a moon landing

I have to laugh at how far my Norwegian National Health care has come. If you go back to where I originally posted my comment, it was prompted by the comment from another person doing some out loud thinking about maybe the players should try to negotiate some life time Health care benefits during the next contract.  Since I have seen so many people advocating some kind of National Health Care recently without stating how they would actually pay for it, I posted how the country of Norway pays for theirs.  Actually, Norway, Denmark and Sweden are pretty much the same way although the tax structure may be a little different. Norway's minimum tax rate is 39 percent. Denmark 40 percent and Sweden is 41 percent. I don't have any idea how Canada or England handles their tax structure to pay for National Health Care but I do get to speak to Canadians on a regular basis down here in Florida as they are snow birds as well. What Canadians seem to hate the most about their National Health Care is the wait to have non life threatening surgery. They also have a shortage of doctors caused by baby boomers in their country as well. My point in all this was to show in some way that you can have anything that you want if you are willing to pay the price for it. I know Norway's plan so it was the logical choice for me to use as an example. 

7 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Protecting humanity? What? Us? Oh lord! I’m just going to stick to football posting. I don’t even want to get into all of this.

LMAO

8 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Protecting humanity? What? Us? Oh lord! I’m just going to stick to football posting. I don’t even want to get into all of this.

No football,so we have a few weeks to solve the worlds problems lol

‘58 I’m in favor of taking care of Kamu. Feel like he earned it. I was really impressed by the way he stepped up. I still remember that huge play against Atlanta where he took on the TE and then the FB and still set the edge and shutdown Freeman on fourth and one. I was thinking he should be here much longer than any of the other LBs on the team.

They ranked the TE groups across the league. And I don’t see it as close. We should be number one. They are pumping Ebron up way too much. And I’ve heard plenty this offseason about him wanting to break records. But he hasn’t been catching that great. And he never has realized his potential. And I don’t think his ceiling is Ertz level anyway. Goedert is underappreciated because he wasn’t used nearly enough last year. The guy seems like an unstoppable redzone weapon. We got ranked second. So maybe I’m just nitpicking. But it seems like we are obviously on top. Rodgers is a very talented and experienced third stringer. And Perkins is also underrated. I think we could get 650 yards and five scores from him if he was our top TE. Just doesn’t feel even close to me. The Colts TEs are strong. Kelce and Kittle you can make a case for being the top guys at the position. But nobody stacks up to our TE position group as a whole.

They ranked the TE groups across the league. And I don’t see it as close. We should be number one. They are pumping Ebron up way too much. And I’ve heard plenty this offseason about him wanting to break records. But he hasn’t been catching that great. And he never has realized his potential. And I don’t think his ceiling is Ertz level anyway. Goedert is underappreciated because he wasn’t used nearly enough last year. The guy seems like an unstoppable redzone weapon. We got ranked second. So maybe I’m just nitpicking. But it seems like we are obviously on top. Rodgers is a very talented and experienced third stringer. And Perkins is also underrated. I think we could get 650 yards and five scores from him if he was our top TE. Just doesn’t feel even close to me. The Colts TEs are strong. Kelce and Kittle you can make a case for being the top guys at the position. But nobody stacks up to our TE position group as a whole.

I would rank TB higher

Goedert is underappreciated because he wasn’t used nearly enough last year.

I think we are going to see more of him this year and he's going to become an unstoppable force. 

4 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

mjk, IMO Howie missed an opportunity when it came time to sign LB Zack Brown. In 2018 PFF graded Brown overall 89.2 which graded out as the third best linebacker in the league among qualified linebackers. His grade was higher than Hicks who was graded at 80.7 or the 10th best linebacker and Nigel Bradham who graded at 80.6.  Hicks signed for 36 million and 20 mil guaranteed and Bradham's contract was for 5 years 40 mil with 14 mil guarantee. Along comes the opportunity to sign Zack Brown and Howie offers a one year deal for 2.5 mil. Should have jumped on a two or three year deal at those prices or even if they had to be a little higher for him to sign a multiple year contract. LB has been a revolving door of players for the Eagles.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think we are going to see more of him this year and he's going to become an unstoppable force. 

Goedert is already a better blocker than Ertz was at the beginning of his career.

1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:

Goedert is already a better blocker than Ertz was at the beginning of his career.

At the beginning of his career? You mean period. Ertz is a slot receiver...in reality.

1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:

mjk, IMO Howie missed an opportunity when it came time to sign LB Zack Brown. In 2018 PFF graded Brown overall 89.2 which graded out as the third best linebacker in the league among qualified linebackers. His grade was higher than Hicks who was graded at 80.7 or the 10th best linebacker and Nigel Bradham who graded at 80.6.  Hicks signed for 36 million and 20 mil guaranteed and Bradham's contract was for 5 years 40 mil with 14 mil guarantee. Along comes the opportunity to sign Zack Brown and Howie offers a one year deal for 2.5 mil. Should have jumped on a two or three year deal at those prices or even if they had to be a little higher for him to sign a multiple year contract. LB has been a revolving door of players for the Eagles.

Brown is very talented. The problem is he isn’t a leader. He doesn’t call the defense. And his biggest knock is he’s known to freelance more than actually play his role. I doubt he was willing to sign any longer term near those prices. There is a reason he was still available. But if he buys in to being an Eagle then....we always can extend during the season. I like just getting guys in the door to actually see how they fit first. We got a very good undrafted LB also. Kamu came into his own last season also. Bradham changed our whole LB room since he arrived. But I’ll take the one year very affordable price tag for Brown this season and see what happens.

7 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’ve always believed Luck to be a stud.

Nah,good QB,stud remains to be seen over the next decade.Like Wentz he needs to stay on the field or he will never reach "stud" status

4 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

Want to see TE 3(whomever that will be,assume it will be Rogers) make a move up.With 3 decent receiving TE's would not shock me to see a GL set with Ertz in the slot ,Alshon/JJAW out.Defenses try covering all that then have to worry about Howard gashing a hole or Clement out of the backfield.O should definitely be exciting to watch.if the D can step up a notch,we can compete with anyone