DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

We may have reached out to him - who knows? Much happens we don't know about grasshopper.

Well we heard about several teams. A visit to Cleveland, Baltimore and Charlotte. And others interested by name. Didn’t Carolina just switch to a 3-4 D this season also. Seems kind of weird. He wasn’t a fit in TB’s 3-4 but is in Charlotte. Obviously the money was a factor in Tampa. 

9 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

I am going to assume its number 3 mjk.  So just for kicks are there any Jets players you would like to have on the team? LOL Maybe what is taking so long is Douglas and Roseman working out a couple trades between the Jets and Eagles.

I read the interview process is not over yet.There are 4 they are considering,so he just "went to work" lol

11 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Boston Scott seems like the OTA All Star this year. Hope he can keep that up

Stars of OTA's? SMH

12 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Stars of OTA's? SMH

August has hall of famers too... Emmanuel Acho comes to mind. 

So I just saw highlights on the local CSN show.... Wentz was wearing a sleeve just like the ones Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid wear.   #84 and #81 (you guys tell me who they are)  were both wearing one on each leg.   (81 is Thompkins)   IDK the medical benefits, but it seems like the new hip hop style yo.   There was no brace underneath the sleeve.  

Note... I had to rewind in slow mo..... Smallwood, Boston Scott were both wearing 2 of them ... there was what seemed to be either an OL or a TE that had 2 on... and two defensive players in the background I saw wearing 2 as well. 

IDK... but there were coaches wearing hats, does it mean they have sunburn????   It's about the similar level of fashion IMO.  

Now why Wentz had it on only one leg ... IDK, maybe he is half into fashion?  

BTW... saw 4 reps in that clip, Wentz didn't seem to have anything wrong at all.  

BTW, I see a bunch of the younger kids wearing these sleeves in softball, I guess on top of the fashion statement, they must like it for sliding?   

Heck Dr J wore one! Usually white if I remember correctly. Doesn't do quite the job of Kino tape. Can wear during or after an injury, very often worn prophelatictally.

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

August has hall of famers too... Emmanuel Acho comes to mind. 

lmao

BTW, I see a bunch of the younger kids wearing these sleeves in softball, I guess on top of the fashion statement, they must like it for sliding?   

Next up-company ads on them.Any exploitation for $2.00 will do

IDK down here sliders have a different meaning 

After visiting with the Colts on Monday, Titans’ free-agent safety Johnathan Cyprien is visiting and working out for the Eagles today, per source.
Eagles have been looking to add safety help, and Malcolm Jenkins has been a no show this off-season - with no end in sight

sorry tweet didn’t post right from my phone from Adam Schefter though

Curious as to why we keep looking at more in the box S though....Signed Andrew Sendejo(though he could at some point be cut to secure our comp. pick) and now Cyprien...Just completely different from what it seemed we looked for in last couple years with a guy like Graham hell even Jaylen Watkins....

15 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Boston Scott seems like the OTA All Star this year. Hope he can keep that up

Biggest thing I’m hoping from Boston Scott is he shows great value at a return man we could use one now....If he does that think he should earn a bottom roster spot and if he adds more which is possible just icing on the cake 

3 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Heck Dr J wore one! Usually white if I remember correctly. Doesn't do quite the job of Kino tape. Can wear during or after an injury, very often worn prophelatictally.

Nah... DR didn't wear one... these new things look like clothes ... halfway between panty hose and leg warmers.  Or like an underwater suit thing.    not that ugly thing just over the knee that DR J wore.  

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

This really isn't it though ... similar to what Iverson had on the arm is the closest thing.    IDK, google Ben Simmons or Joel Embiid... they were these full leg things all the time.  You can't see their legs at all.  Its what Wentz, Scott, Smallwood...etc all had on.  

Carson wears that special arm sleeve. But it has extra padding at the elbow if you look closely. Not the regular sleeve. Now I thought when I looked there was something extra at the knee under the sleeve. But I wasn’t there. And the footage wasn’t close up. Bunch of different twitter media out there. I’m sure we all have seen several looks from off the sidelines(not up close). I thought it looked a bit bulky at the knee. If everybody else here looking at the same footage doesn’t see anything. Then fine I’ll go with that. BUT he wasn’t wearing this sleeve at all the first two weeks of OTAs. So it’s clearly a change. Not like he was decided on it for fashion. Or else he would have been most likely wearing it from day one. Now I’m breaking things down from a very knowledgeable Carson fan here but: I thought after he threw he walked/jogged off but didn’t bend that left knee and looked stiff unnatural. Just saying.

4 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Biggest thing I’m hoping from Boston Scott is he shows great value at a return man we could use one now....If he does that think he should earn a bottom roster spot and if he adds more which is possible just icing on the cake 

Pedey did call it the Sproles role essentially. He decent in the passing game. And a shifty runner. Add that to if he wins the punt return job. Could make a case for that third RB role. Him, Howard and Sanders could be all that’s needed to dress on a game day. This all way ahead speculation but....that’s what we do in June.

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Pedey did call it the Sproles role essentially. He decent in the passing game. And a shifty runner. Add that to if he wins the punt return job. Could make a case for that third RB role. Him, Howard and Sanders could be all that’s needed to dress on a game day. This all way ahead speculation but....that’s what we do in June.

UM isn't the 3rd RB Clement?????

I'm thinking we once again keep 5 RB's(got bashed for that before).Scott IMO would be fighting for the 4th/ 5th spot.Scott,Adams,Pump,Smalls,Sproles -pick 2

IDK,I think we need to make a decision(or he does) on Sproles,so we get out of this "limbo" thing.Still early,but I would suggest in the next week or 2 we do something about/with him

14 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Carson wears that special arm sleeve. But it has extra padding at the elbow if you look closely. Not the regular sleeve. Now I thought when I looked there was something extra at the knee under the sleeve. But I wasn’t there. And the footage wasn’t close up. Bunch of different twitter media out there. I’m sure we all have seen several looks from off the sidelines(not up close). I thought it looked a bit bulky at the knee. If everybody else here looking at the same footage doesn’t see anything. Then fine I’ll go with that. BUT he wasn’t wearing this sleeve at all the first two weeks of OTAs. So it’s clearly a change. Not like he was decided on it for fashion. Or else he would have been most likely wearing it from day one. Now I’m breaking things down from a very knowledgeable Carson fan here but: I thought after he threw he walked/jogged off but didn’t bend that left knee and looked stiff unnatural. Just saying.

Idk... I saw close ups on tv.  Again, not saying it's fashion....but didn't hear of any injuries to Smallwood,  Scott or any of the other guys who are wearing one on both legs.   It wasn't any extra bulky.  Didn't notice any limp at all in the 4 reps they showed him taking a snap and backpedaling?  

I don't stream anything on my phone though.  I try to catch Sportsnet Central in the morning,  good 15 minutes of news from all the teams.