DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

12 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK,I think we need to make a decision(or he does) on Sproles,so we get out of this "limbo" thing.Still early,but I would suggest in the next week or 2 we do something about/with him

I'm in no rush to decide anything before camp.   

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I'm in no rush to decide anything before camp.   

I read a recent quote from Sproles trying to get to the #3 or 4th spot all time in all purpose yards...so he wants to play this year and sounds like he wants to carry the rock a lot. He also wants to play in another SB and wants the right situation. I love Sproles. I just don’t think we got the carries any more for our 3rd option RB.. now with the expanded role Jordan Howard has already said the Eagles got him on... sounds like Howard is going to embrace the receiving role in this Offense, just don’t see the carries. However Peedy loves DS wouldn’t surprise me if we lost someone in TC and he is out there we bring him back.

1 hour ago, trini said:

I read a recent quote from Sproles trying to get to the #3 or 4th spot all time in all purpose yards...so he wants to play this year and sounds like he wants to carry the rock a lot. He also wants to play in another SB and wants the right situation. I love Sproles. I just don’t think we got the carries any more for our 3rd option RB.. now with the expanded role Jordan Howard has already said the Eagles got him on... sounds like Howard is going to embrace the receiving role in this Offense, just don’t see the carries. However Peedy loves DS wouldn’t surprise me if we lost someone in TC and he is out there we bring him back.

IDK,I would still take a look at Duke Johnson,however with the RB stable we have there won't be many carries to support another RB IMO.Sanders may contribute as the season wears on.Howard can take a beating and dish them out.Should be interesting to see if Clement still "has it".Like the Duke,but unless he came REAL cheap,I can't see giving him enough carries to warrant the cost

Really love Sproles,however,my personal belief is it's time to let a young RB earn his stripes if we are looking to the future and frankly if we are in "win now" mode,he won't contribute enough as long as our top 3 are healthy.Guys like Scott,maybe Adams/Smalls or someone else are the future and we need to GO THERE

26 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Really love Sproles,however,my personal belief is it's time to let a young RB earn his stripes if we are looking to the future and frankly if we are in "win now" mode,he won't contribute enough as long as our top 3 are healthy.Guys like Scott,maybe Adams/Smalls or someone else are the future and we need to GO THERE

Ajayi isn't signed yet either. He says that he will be ready for the first game of the season but I wouldn't be too sure about that. At least not in the same form he was before the injury. He could be waiting in the wings though later in the season if the Eagles have an injury. Rumored to the Raiders but he is still unsigned. Probably anyone who would sign him would only sign him for this year to see if he makes it all the way back. 

Sproles said he wants to play. Noone has made a move to get him and maybe noone will.Ajayi-same

Skins LT Trent Williams really po'd how his recent injury was handled and wants out of DC, vowed not to play for them.

Sproles wants to play for a team he's been on before and is a contender. Everyone loves him, just don't see us being able to give him the carries.

If you take all the teams WR's and TE's is there anyone who has more talent OVER ALL those positions than our birds? Seems like DJax has fallen right back into the flow,gonna be a great year for receivers

Alshon,Djax,AG,JJaw,Hollins,Ertz,Goedert,Rogers,Howard,Clement,Sanders-my god good luck defending this HAHAHAHA

20 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

If you take all the teams WR's and TE's is there anyone who has more talent OVER ALL those positions than our birds? Seems like DJax has fallen right back into the flow,gonna be a great year for receivers

I really love the addition of Malik to our DLine . Timmy back in the fold . Hope Zach Brown plays for us like he did with the Skins,  Brown always played us tough as a Deadskin....hearing how those players talk about the Eagles locker and the camaraderie, starting to FROTH a little around the gills... by August it will be FOAM at the mouth.... I can’t wait to see our WR, RB, LB and DL in action even more excited to see Goddert...We got speed to burn between Hollins, Gibson and some of our New DB are Running in the 4.3rees with great speed . Frankly if Carson  is healthy It’s SuperBowl or Bust baby. I CAN’T wait.

I will always remember the reaction at the nest on that SB Sunday.Probably the best SB I have ever seen(and I'm old),like David vs Goliath.Place went berserk on the Philly Special.Then with little time left we gave the ball back to the master of comebacks.We were collectively holding our breaths.Very weird though because when that strip sack happened,the place went totally SILENT(450 people there).We all just looked at each other mouths open.Then someone got on a bar stool and yelled "DAMN we are gonna WIN this" Only then did the place erupt.An amazing memory I will never forget

I think you guys are too worried or focused on Sproles carrying the ball.   His value here would be the return game and the passing game.   He's never a guy you worry about getting "carries"    His value to the offense at the end of the year was huge.   Checkdown ... Foles to Sproles ... Wentz to Adams or Smallwood just wasn't the same.

And his all purpose yards... the return and pass game is where he is looking to get them ... not 5 yards per carry.  

I think he plays for either the Eagles, Saints or Chargers for sure ... don't think he is in a rush to decide, we'll see what happens.   If the return spot is still a question, then I think he comes back.   Also, if Clement's leg is still in question.  That's where his value lies.   Howard or Sanders running the ball really don't matter.  

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

At any rate paraphrasing and old song we have "50 ways to beat your socks off" 

Its really not my habit to intrude

Futhermore, I hope my meaning won't be lost or misconstrued

But I'll repeat myself at the risk of being crude, There must be fifty ways to beat  your cover

Fifty ways to beat your cover.

You just slip behind the back, De Jack

Make a new plan Ertz man

You don't need to coy Jeffery Boy,

Just get yourself free

Oh you hop on the Carson bus Gus

No need to discuss much 

Just drop off the Tee Lee 

Cause Elliots kicking three.

22 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Pedey did call it the Sproles role essentially. He decent in the passing game. And a shifty runner. Add that to if he wins the punt return job. Could make a case for that third RB role. Him, Howard and Sanders could be all that’s needed to dress on a game day. This all way ahead speculation but....that’s what we do in June.

I know he is built similar to Sproles he is short but solid....Sproles was listed what 5’6 190 they have Scott listed 5’7 200 pounds 

20 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

UM isn't the 3rd RB Clement?????

That why I think it would be huge for Scott to show excellent value as a return man to me that should secure him a 4th RB slot over other guys alone....If he shows more maybe he can compete with Clement for that 3rd RB role even though I see it as Clements job to lose 

54 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I think you guys are too worried or focused on Sproles carrying the ball.   His value here would be the return game and the passing game.   He's never a guy you worry about getting "carries"    His value to the offense at the end of the year was huge.   Checkdown ... Foles to Sproles ... Wentz to Adams or Smallwood just wasn't the same.

And his all purpose yards... the return and pass game is where he is looking to get them ... not 5 yards per carry.  

I think he plays for either the Eagles, Saints or Chargers for sure ... don't think he is in a rush to decide, we'll see what happens.   If the return spot is still a question, then I think he comes back.   Also, if Clement's leg is still in question.  That's where his value lies.   Howard or Sanders running the ball really don't matter.  

That why I want Scott to show he can be that return man love Sproles but need young blood...Even though crunch time need something big to happen i fully expect us to have Djax back as the PR

On a side note shame Sproles likely won’t be consider for the HoF since I believe he is what top 10 maybe even top 5 in all purpose yards in NFL history.... Sproles is 6th right now but if he plays this year he will no doubt take the 5th place slot over Tim Brown who has 162 yard lead over Sproles at the moment 

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Alshon,Djax,AG,JJaw,Hollins,Ertz,Goedert,Rogers,Howard,Clement,Sanders-my god good luck defending this HAHAHAHA

Djax to me is the huge addition here forget how many catches he has just think what he does in terms of opening up the underneath stuff for the rest of our guys.....Djax is still one of the most(if not the most) feared deep threats in the NFL.

2 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Sproles wants to play for a team he's been on before and is a contender. Everyone loves him, just don't see us being able to give him the carries.

I mean great thing for Sproles all 3 teams he played for are legit contenders in my eyes....As for the carries with Joe not a factor can we get him utilized in the passing game and the return game are what is important if we brought him back.....

Also Sproles is a vet he is a guy we could possibly sign week 4-5 mid season etc. if still available if we get hit with injuries and he would no doubt be in shape and ready to go 

No rush to have to sign a guy like Sproles 

2 hours ago, trini said:

I really love the addition of Malik to our DLine . Timmy back in the fold . Hope Zach Brown plays for us like he did with the Skins,  Brown always played us tough as a Deadskin....hearing how those players talk about the Eagles locker and the camaraderie, starting to FROTH a little around the gills... by August it will be FOAM at the mouth.... I can’t wait to see our WR, RB, LB and DL in action even more excited to see Goddert...We got speed to burn between Hollins, Gibson and some of our New DB are Running in the 4.3rees with great speed . Frankly if Carson  is healthy It’s SuperBowl or Bust baby. I CAN’T wait.

Frankly we can have all the talent in the world if our offensive line can't block we are in trouble. I can honestly say I'm worried about our guards holding up this year. I hope Brooks comes back in elite form but there is no guarantee on that. Seumalo and Wis have consistently struggled so far in their careers and have been up and down in starting positions. I hope we can find a group that gels this year but I can honestly say that I'm worried there.

I would like to see a veteran G added before the season but I'm not sure that I see that happening.