DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

17 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

We made the playoffs last year and failed to I guess that was all on Peterson right? The players quit on him much more than it was his fault. He can't make the plays. 

First of all, it's Pederson and show me where I said it was all on him that the Eagles lost to the Saints, I'll wait. Oh, right, that never happened, because I never suggested such a thing.

Secondly, you made the claim that the Eagles were laughed at for hiring Doug, but Marrone was not. Yet, Marrone was the coach that up and quit on the Buffalo Bills.

Third. :rolleyes: Yeah, the players quit on him, by all means use that as an excuse to defend Marrone and pretend he has 0 responsibility.

Yeah, let's just keep on pretending this doesn't fall on the HC.

Image result for yeah OK gif

If anyone is going to the Green Bay game let me know.

Maybe we can have an adult beverage before the game.

2 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Zach Berman‏Verified account @ZBerm

Eagles took a field trip to South Bowl in South Philly for bowling today instead of their scheduled OTAs today. Two years ago, Pederson cancelled an OTA for a paintball excursion.

Something wrong with comraderie? it's not like the season starts next week

1 hour ago, ASG15 said:

If anyone is going to the Green Bay game let me know.

Maybe we can have an adult beverage before the game.

If I recall Stine is going to that one(could be wrong)

3 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

I will be willing to admit I'm wrong if he fails but as a betting man I'm placing my bet later this year that they make the playoffs when I go to Vegas. 

They should be on every Sunday down here in Florida. LOL

37 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Lucky,I get to see the Bucs and the FINS(UGH-AWFUL)

38 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

IDK I COULD be "coerced" into heading to Jax for the birds game(boarding 5 dogs is 175.00 before I even buy a ticket lol)

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK I COULD be "coerced" into heading to Jax for the birds game(boarding 5 dogs is 175.00 before I even buy a ticket lol)

IDk though it's only preseason lol.OR I may be coerced into going to Miami,at least thats a reg season game

5 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

A QB that did more with less last year then Wentz, you can quote stats the bottom line is WINS. With no secondary on defense and without Brooks and JP coming out part of every game just about. The only QB in franchise history to win a superbowl. Had arguably an MVP year 27TDs 2INTs 1 of 5 players in NFL history to throw 7 TDs in a game. If Alshon didn't drop that pass we were driving to go to the NFC championship game to play a team he already beat that year. Oh ya and who out played the greatest QB EVER in the superbowl. Every year he has had a good offensive line he has done great. The year he struggled with Chip our OL was walking wounded and he still out played Vick. In StL he had no OL not to mention Jeff Fisher as a head coach. The beginning of last year he had no recievers AG was his #1 with I honestly don't remember who was #2 it was that bad (Jeffery, Wallace and Hollins were all hurt). I think he will do just fine in Jacksonville. 

Not sure Foles won anything without Brooks?     We'll see in 2021.    I like the guy, so I will refrain from saying anything negative.  I think he can ride the wave, not all QBs can if their team is better... he delivered.   With Jax.. from start to finish... I don't see it.     Looking forward to his 3rd stint as an Eagle, is perfect backup for Wentz IMO.  

24 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I wanted to go last year but they changed the game to London so I lost out. Already been to Miami and Tampa but haven't been to Jacksonville yet. 

4 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

I will be willing to admit I'm wrong if he fails but as a betting man I'm placing my bet later this year that they make the playoffs when I go to Vegas. 

You will win some good money if you are correct.  I think Vegas has them at 8 wins and last place in that division?     IDK, I like Foles, clutch, all the intangbles ...etc.   One game, I have no issue with him.    16 games.... he's never made it through healthy, his play is inconsistent.  Top level he is as good as anyone ... long period of time, IDK.   Would be nice for him to just start all 16 games and win 9 of them.  With that team, its a very good accomplishment in 2019.  Tough schedule.  

The advantage he will have now ...all the negative that could have been said about him and maybe even still ... now he has a SB win under his belt.  So "Foles Gold" or not ... his teammates should at least respect that.  Gotta follow his leadership, just not sure the talent is there to take a team from start to finish.   And I should say, I don't think they would fail "because " of Foles .. just saying that I doubt he carry them if needed.  Like can he handle if Fournette misses 5 or 6 games?   Games where the defense struggles?    Who is his TE?   

If the D steps up like 2 years ago, the running game works ... he should be fine and have a chance to play all 16 and sneak in, we'll see.   

27 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Lucky,I get to see the Bucs and the FINS(UGH-AWFUL)

Looking forward to watching the Bucs this year as well. One of my favorite Head coaches is down there now. Old school Bruce Arians. He graduated high school at William Penn in York, Pa. I watched him play some QB for York Catholic. I graduated in York Pa as well. We are the same age. LOL Tampa Bay has too much talent to be playing as poorly as they have been playing. Arians will either light a fire under Winston's a** or he will be gone after this year.  

2 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Looking forward to watching the Bucs this year as well. One of my favorite Head coaches is down there now. Old school Bruce Arians. He graduated high school at William Penn in York, Pa. I watched him play some QB for York Catholic. I graduated in York Pa as well. We are the same age. LOL Tampa Bay has too much talent to be playing as poorly as they have been playing. Arians will either light a fire under Winston's a** or he will be gone after this year.  

Yep winston needs to put it up consistently.Looking also for better play from TB's TE's.They are good enough

20 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

You will win some good money if you are correct.  I think Vegas has them at 8 wins and last place in that division?     IDK, I like Foles, clutch, all the intangbles ...etc.   One game, I have no issue with him.    16 games.... he's never made it through healthy, his play is inconsistent.  Top level he is as good as anyone ... long period of time, IDK.   Would be nice for him to just start all 16 games and win 9 of them.  With that team, its a very good accomplishment in 2019.  Tough schedule.  

The advantage he will have now ...all the negative that could have been said about him and maybe even still ... now he has a SB win under his belt.  So "Foles Gold" or not ... his teammates should at least respect that.  Gotta follow his leadership, just not sure the talent is there to take a team from start to finish.   And I should say, I don't think they would fail "because " of Foles .. just saying that I doubt he carry them if needed.  Like can he handle if Fournette misses 5 or 6 games?   Games where the defense struggles?    Who is his TE?   

If the D steps up like 2 years ago, the running game works ... he should be fine and have a chance to play all 16 and sneak in, we'll see.   

Swaim from Dullaz with Defilippo there I would think he will be used more than TE's in the past have been

4 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

First of all, it's Pederson and show me where I said it was all on him that the Eagles lost to the Saints, I'll wait. Oh, right, that never happened, because I never suggested such a thing.

Secondly, you made the claim that the Eagles were laughed at for hiring Doug, but Marrone was not. Yet, Marrone was the coach that up and quit on the Buffalo Bills.

Third. :rolleyes: Yeah, the players quit on him, by all means use that as an excuse to defend Marrone and pretend he has 0 responsibility.

Yeah, let's just keep on pretending this doesn't fall on the HC.

Image result for yeah OK gif

Oh yes cause Sapp is a reputable source. But congratulations on finding someone to agree on your which hunt. I bet I can dig up plenty of posts saying Foles should have been kept by us, I guess that would make that true too right. I wonder what Sapps view was on that. Wait it isn't relevant is it.

One of the biggest things to blame on the coach in Jax, in that game, was the management right before the half actually. Running it on first down consistently with a nice lead in the fourth I’d agree with. Even if it’s only for one yard. Have to get that clock rolling even if it’s very predictable. Some of Sapp’s other criticism falls on the QB a bunch. The coach isn’t snapping the ball. The QB controls that. Sure maybe the coach should say something through the headset about it after the first few times though. But the offense has to make plays also. Great play calling can definitely help but I can’t say the players aren’t to blame also. And if you snap the ball at two seconds every time the pass rush is unleashed. They aren’t waiting they are coming because they can’t be offsides when the playclock expires. I also will note that the mega offense of the Rams was shutdown in this past SB. Much more high powered than the Jags O. I will put plenty of that on McVay. But really it seemed mostly on Goff. He stunk it up. A few plays were perfectly setup and he blew it. 

Then don’t even get me started on the Bellicheat factors. Was he tapped into the play calling and had it deciphered by the fourth quarter? It has happened a bunch against these Patriots. Too much for just credit to coaching adjustment.

Matchup jax.png&h=100&w=100 ne.png&h=100&w=100
1st Downs 22 22
Passing 1st downs 16 16
Rushing 1st downs 6 3
1st downs from penalties 0 3
3rd down efficiency 6-15 3-12
4th down efficiency 0-1 1-1
Total Plays 71 61
Total Yards 374 344
Total Drives 12 12
Yards per Play 5.3 5.6
Passing 273 298
Comp-Att 23-36 27-39
Yards per pass 7.0 7.1
Interceptions thrown 0 0
Sacks-Yards Lost 3-20 3-12
Rushing 101 46
Rushing Attempts 32 19
Yards per rush 3.2 2.4
Red Zone (Made-Att) 2-2 3-4
Penalties 6-98 1-10
Turnovers 0 1
Fumbles lost 0 1
Interceptions thrown 0 0
Defensive / Special Teams TDs 0 0
Possession 35:08 24:52
You never know about this game of football. I like Jacksonville's passing defense better than the Eagles and they lost and the Eagles won. LOL