DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Agree... what should do it for you are the two backups who started on the left side of your OL during the SB run.  Not sure any other team can say that?

Yeah hopefully as Ham said they can play at a higher level.They got some butt kickin early on.Just don't want to see that again.it was painful watching the growing process in a seasonal game 

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Sure... let's get vets at every spot.  Especially the ones where we don't have 2 backups that started during the SB run.   I have no problem with that. Bring in the best 106 guys to compete for the 53.  I'm sure they are thinking the same, I bet we have 3 to 5 guys play in 2019 that aren't on our roster yet 

Thats all I'm saying CYA and for me that position is still a question mark.if it works out as ham says GREAT.Just gimme the guys in here and we will sort them out.And for me, this O line will make or break the team.We got a good back(or 3 lol) but no matter if guys are in the backfield 1 sec after the snap

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Just saying I see ZERO problems to getting another vet G in here.if he gets beat out so be it!!! But at least we explored every possibility

I’m more thinking if after TC and some preseason game(s) there looks to be an issue...then deal with it. Let’s get the youth reps. It’s not like stud Oline are just chilling in the street right now. So let’s wait and see what we have and find out if we need to invest in a trade. If V, Pryor and all these undrafted Gs are terrible then I start considering it. I’m not hating if we have to ride with Seumalo and Wis for the first three games before Brooks return. Do I want one of these guys to step up and beat out Wis for the backup G spot? Yes. That’s the goal. Wis as the fourth G and backup C would be ideal.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m more thinking if after TC and some preseason game(s) there looks to be an issue...then deal with it. Let’s get the youth reps. It’s not like stud Oline are just chilling in the street right now. So let’s wait and see what we have and find out if we need to invest in a trade. If V, Pryor and all these undrafted Gs are terrible then I start considering it. I’m not hating if we have to ride with Seumalo and Wis for the first three games before Brooks return. Do I want one of these guys to step up and beat out Wis for the backup G spot? Yes. That’s the goal. Wis as the fourth G and backup C would be ideal.

Yeah we have time,not saying to RUSH out,but I hope we snag 1,even 2.I just dont want guys learning on the field during a seasonal game.We WOULD need to bring them in soon enough to get the playbook down and get some chemistry.I dont want to wait until the week before game 1 

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah we have time,not saying to RUSH out,but I hope we snag 1,even 2.I just dont want guys learning on the field during a seasonal game.We WOULD need to bring them in soon enough to get the playbook down and get some chemistry.I dont want to wait until the week before game 1 

We have a month for this

And really it’s a whole team assessment. I want to see what the whole roster is shaping up as to figure out what trade is most crucial. Hopefully we really don’t need to add anything. I value draft picks. But chasing the Lombardi this year. Time to start our own dynasty!

"chasing the Lombardi this year. Time to start our own dynasty!"

This has a nice "ring" to it lol

39 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Dwd.. the overall number really is irrelevant... we can look at it like a 4 year deal in reality, once we see the numbers.  

It's only a 4 year deal if Wentz A isn't playing up to expectations or B if he decides it's a 4 year deal.

We aren't going to cut him if he is truly a franchise QB year 4 because he wants the big money part of his contract in the end. More then likely he will be willing or want a new deal but if he is a franchise QB we aren't going to scrap a franchise QB over money.

1 hour ago, downwithdallas said:

It's only a 4 year deal if Wentz A isn't playing up to expectations or B if he decides it's a 4 year deal.

We aren't going to cut him if he is truly a franchise QB year 4 because he wants the big money part of his contract in the end. More then likely he will be willing or want a new deal but if he is a franchise QB we aren't going to scrap a franchise QB over money.

Nah... it's a 4 year deal most likely because the Eagles will want to redo the deal and bring the cap hits down as they extend him.  Very highly doubtful the entire contract plays out as is.  

The only thing better than this signing would be to know that Joe Douglas will be with Wentz during the next 4 years to keep the pipeline supplied with talent.

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Nah... it's a 4 year deal most likely because the Eagles will want to redo the deal and bring the cap hits down as they extend him.  Very highly doubtful the entire contract plays out as is.  

I agree it probably will get redone in 4 years I'm not arguing that. But Wentz will hold all the power if he plays well and stays healthy not the organization. Either you have a franchise QB or you don't. The contract will be done on his terms not the organization saying we want to redo it. They aren't going to cut him if he doesn't do it like they have in the past with other players. 

Watching the top 100 of 2017 when Wentz was voted the 3rd best player in the league....Scary how good he was(and can still be) if healthy and has a full off-season again 

33 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

I agree it probably will get redone in 4 years I'm not arguing that. But Wentz will hold all the power if he plays well and stays healthy not the organization. Either you have a franchise QB or you don't. The contract will be done on his terms not the organization saying we want to redo it. They aren't going to cut him if he doesn't do it like they have in the past with other players. 

It Wentz will fully want to redo his deal in a view years anyway get more guaranteed money....Honestly if he stays healthy and plays at the level we all know he can play at perfectly fine paying him 

50 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Watching the top 100 of 2017 when Wentz was voted the 3rd best player in the league....Scary how good he was(and can still be) if healthy and has a full off-season again 

Re watched Carson’s 2017 Highlights, when he is healthy .... he is really really good. This contract forces the Jerry Jones, The Rams and Chiefs to pony up...getting Wentz under contract...  first... puts those other teams in the Overpay posture...Dak will want more money than Carson Mahomes and Goff are waiting for their payday . Carson should be at optimum Confidence level both physically and now knowing the Eagles is HIS team, cannot wait to see it translate to the field... If any you guys got doubts go watch his 2017 highlights...very refreshing🤩🤩

10 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Damn losing Joe sucks.....Wonder who takes his role in our FO and will the dynamic stay as it is 

Looks like we better win another Super Bowl this year cause all bets are off after that.

35 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Looks like we better win another Super Bowl this year cause all bets are off after that.

Howie drafted fine before joe and dont bring up MS2 him claiming that was strictly a PR move and Chip pushing him into it. Look at that whole draft it was all players from Chips conference that he was familiar with and Oregon players. Nobody will ever get me to believe the power struggle didn't start before that draft. Look at every other year Howie has been GM only 2011 looks that bad but Danny Watkins was going to be a 1st rd pick he was just a bust. There were no players taken out of draft position though. Even Belicheat has had a few bad drafts for the Patriots and most consider him to be one of the best GM in football. 

14 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

This woks into the scenario I posted awhile back.I believe it's an excellent CYA move.If Gase falters,Joe gets a promotion.If he doesn't having Douglas where he is ain't so bad.Win/win CYA for the jets

1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:

What? 

Yeah because we'll just disregard that most of the core players are signed beyond 2020.

It's funny, people will say stuff like "all bets are off after 2019," but will get all pissy when someone calls them on it.

But yeah, the Eagles are screwed after 2019 because of the contract they gave Wentz and that they lost Joe Douglas. Never mind the facts of them having the majority of these guys locked up beyond 2020 and Howie having a decent draft record before Douglas, oh and that he's already brought in some guys like Andrew Berry.