DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

6 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

New head of medical hired. Really seemed like the med staff last year wasn’t up to the task. This new hire gives confidence that the bungling that took place last season is over. Not many times I’ve ever really questioned the docs before last season.

YAY!!!!!!!!

8 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

OK so it's camp,still it's nice to hear Wentz is dropping dimes and even little known receivers are making excellent catches and Goedert is comfortable and making plays.And although I get bashed annually for saying I like "trick" plays(Philly special anyone?) I'm glad they are practicing those.Sometimes you need those plays just to get a spark started.Also nice to hear"no name" defenders also making plays.Long way to go,but I like the positive things I am hearing.Also like that we may use Djax SPARINGLY in the return game.Sounds to me like JJAW can handle the duties if asked to do so.Ped has many options,we can shift players in and out.Sometimes you play a team and they can shut down 1 Receiver,but not another,so glad we have that option available!!!! Also love seeing them doing things together outside of football.This was important in all the bands I was in and holds true for sports as well learning the little intracacies that could mean the difference between success and failure

I’m buying... the VIBE is really positive, no conflicts, great Jenkins showing his leadership coming to the mandatory OTA’s he knows Howie gonna take care of him. JP looked violent in one of the OTA clips...there is a excitement in the air. Cowboy fans are extra amped up Cowboy lovers are talking SB...ohhhhh yea I can’t wait.

7 minutes ago, trini said:

I’m buying... the VIBE is really positive, no conflicts, great Jenkins showing his leadership coming to the mandatory OTA’s he knows Howie gonna take care of him. JP looked violent in one of the OTA clips...there is a excitement in the air. Cowboy fans are extra amped up Cowboy lovers are talking SB...ohhhhh yea I can’t wait.

I hope the lingering memory of losing to them twice is still in the air!! If not,last years guys need to bring it up!!! Ok, new season,different players,but I wanna see us beat them both games.After losing game 1 to them I had to go in full Eagles regalia to the Corral for game 2.I want that reversed!!!!

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

YAY!!!!!!!!

I hope they've had a long hard look at the conditioning staff as well.

15 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The Cowboys got just as far as we did. But they won the division. Got to play the Rams. Which forced us to go to New Orleans. That totally screwed both of us. They probably would beat the Saints. And we probably would beat the Rams. The third matchup would have been for a Super Bowl birth. Not sure how you can say it didn’t matter. Might have meant everything last season. And they shut Wentz down after the loss to them.

Yea...sorry, I don't think Dallas would have beat the Saints in a playoff game in New Orleans... sorry, on that one, we won't ever agree. Different than regular season when ups and downs and things change all the time.  

31 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

So 2020 is the key there.    Setting it up for 2 things.  The restructuring or the uncapped year.   I think the $30 mil will be shifted into signing bonus next year,  Wentz still gets paid,  but cap hit gets prorated.

The escalator... wonder if because he missed finishing the last 2 years that they can put in finishing 16 games as a "bonus that isn't expected "  somehow those don't count vs the cap.

I'm more interested in seeing Spotrac and OTC for the cap hits.  Looks like 2019 is going to stay the same, which means more to carry forward.   

4 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

The escalator... wonder if because he missed finishing the last 2 years that they can put in finishing 16 games as a "bonus that isn't expected "  somehow those don't count vs the cap.

I'm more interested in seeing Spotrac and OTC for the cap hits.  Looks like 2019 is going to stay the same, which means more to carry forward.   

What you referring to there is called NLTBE (Not likely to be earned)

OTC/Spotrac don't have the details just yet, waiting for those myself.

50 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

What you referring to there is called NLTBE (Not likely to be earned)

OTC/Spotrac don't have the details just yet, waiting for those myself.

DC, very creative contact.... fitting in around the current rules and leaving flexibility for possible changes.

I really like how the first 2 years are set up to where we can have the option to make HAM happy... they actually could take the big cap hit in 2020 if everything else works out... 

If not... they use $16 mil of signing bonus for the first 5 years... then flip the next $30 or even $46 mil if you add the $16 mil escalator in... as new signing bonus for 2020-2024. 

It's a way to keep 2019 the same.. and keep 2020 the same...  and just flip $9mil of cap hit to 2024.  I think it's brilliant to split the signing bonus. 

And keeps DWD happy to because they can get out of the contract via injury if needed.

Also.. by technically making 2020 an "option" ... look how it avoids the 30% rule ... lol. 

Very nicely done. 

3 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Yea...sorry, I don't think Dallas would have beat the Saints in a playoff game in New Orleans... sorry, on that one, we won't ever agree. Different than regular season when ups and downs and things change all the time.  

Not an easy win but the cowboys matchup very well against them. Kind of like the Saints matchup well with us.

40 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Not an easy win but the cowboys matchup very well against them. Kind of like the Saints matchup well with us.

Ham, home field for the Saints is a big one.  In the middle of January it makes a difference playing in a dome.  I don't know if they match up so well against us... is that team they blew out the real Eagles team?  Is that team they barely beat the real Eagles team?  

Over the last two years IMO the Eagles and Saints are the two best teams in the NFC.  Injuries and fluke plays hurt both teams.   

Dallas played them well one week in Dallas during the season.  I don't think the same result happens in NO after the Saints have the bye week.   Obviously it could, but I don't think so.  

I'm not worried about Dallas other than if we struggle and get into a fight for the division like last year.  But I'm looking to win the whole thing and get back to the 2017 Eagles who I believe would have kicked Dallas's butt both times... if needed, and was looking to get the 1 seed.   

I don't see Dallas stepping up to that level, we would have to falter to drop back down again like last year.  Flip the schedules around where they have the 1st place schedule this year,  and that is a major disappointment to me if we don't beat them by at least 2 games. 

6 hours ago, joemas6 said:

As far as both Losses to the Cow#itches... I still feel that first loss was heavily aided by the refs... The world was demanding that America’s team show some results, they had not won anything in so long, felt like the NFL needed that Cowboy win against the Defending Champs and they got it, they won. As far as the Saints loss Nick got us close, Brooks injury changed our momentum before Alston’s drop...I always expect the Gals to choke, weren’t they one of the teams to beat the Saints in the regular season.. Sorry I dislike both teams.

34 minutes ago, trini said:

As far as both Losses to the Cow#itches... I still feel that first loss was heavily aided by the refs... The world was demanding that America’s team show some results, they had not won anything in so long, felt like the NFL needed that Cowboy win against the Defending Champs and they got it, they won. As far as the Saints loss Nick got us close, Brooks injury changed our momentum before Alston’s drop...I always expect the Gals to choke, weren’t they one of the teams to beat the Saints in the regular season.. Sorry I dislike both teams.

Nah,game at the Linc,the fans were hyped,the team was not.Came out flat,lackluster and never really recovered.Dullaz didn't win that game-WE lost it