DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Of course you are entitled to your opinion Trini  however I am not changing mine. I could list the reasons why but it would be irrelevant to you because your mind is already made up. You have your opinion and I have mine. I personally hope that Wentz throws Jackson a deep ball once a quarter. Just remember though, we won a Super Bowl without him.  

As one of the respected voices on this page it won’t be the last time I disagree with your view. However you have just as effectively stated opinions that I fully agree with... I know , you don’t need any additional prompting from me....hahahaaah...so please keep them coming .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, I was head over heals for Treggs, who knew he's be such a wimp? The game's changed. Yrs ago you would never throw across the center, never throw a guy high. The rules have changed the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mjkline1958 said:

Trini - you're respected? Sorry, dealing w/ summer peeps on the cape.

Thank you bro... I was talking about Wrang I been reading his point of view on players for yrs. Respect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Hey, I was head over heals for Treggs, who knew he's be such a wimp? The game's changed. Yrs ago you would never throw across the center, never throw a guy high. The rules have changed the game.

That used to be one of my beefs with DJack after he got lit up going over the middle...You’re right speed alone isn’t enough...The way DJax beat us the last few years, he is a much more complete player. I had High hope for Treggs. Kinda about how I am feeling about Sony Michel big brother here at Eagles camps. The competition should be fantastic. I would say the rules have REALLY helped WR in the decision process in going over the middle hehehehehehe 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eh, get your weaknesses thrown in your face for a while and maybe you learn. Not that DJax was weak speedwise, needed a QB that could make it happen. Plus not being a "me" guy helps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only reason I'm home tonight is the tourists are here, drunk and on the roads like they own it, just not worth it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Eh, get your weaknesses thrown in your face for a while and maybe you learn. Not that DJax was weak speedwise, needed a QB that could make it happen. Plus not being a "me" guy helps

Your point with Treggs exactly speed is not enough, getting better every day,  being a team player,  the Eagles teams post Dejax exit have a different culture. A Champion culture .majes a difference

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

The only reason I'm home tonight is the tourists are here, drunk and on the roads like they own it, just not worth it

Stay safe, Drunk walking or Drunk Driving not a good combination .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna miss Long. Never net him, seemed like a lot of 'intense" fun. Yeah, have fun but get the job done kind of guy - liked him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh, had my 3 and came home safe before the sunburned ones came in. They'll feel like they're freezing about now - they don't know the cape this time of yr - not a good time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Yea 2nd option in TB vs maybe 3rd or 4th option in philly lol come on....TB has nowhere near as many weapons as we have in philly right now 

I don’t know about all this. DJax was getting pushed out by the young burner. And that is behind Evans. And Brate and OJ Howard are very good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Interested to hear if anyone wants to share their point of view.

Bullocks! Chip Kelly didn’t bring a hurry up offense to the NFL and change the league. And I don’t see much with having two potential QBs on the field at once. Trick plays have been around forever. Ladanain Tomilinson and others have thrown passes. Or a WR screen then he throws it. Problem is most QBs aren’t athletic enough to be much of a threat. So usually that makes them a lame duck decoy. Playing virtually ten on eleven. Bringing in a Wildcat QB to change the pace occasionally is the better concept. I value versatility. I like that a player can be multiple and extend the game day roster. QB isn’t really the main spot I’m looking for. It’s almost last. I like that Jenkins can play Slot, SS and LB. I like good ST players that can actually contribute on offense or defense. Maddox really did that for us right off the bat. Agholor being able to take a jet sweep. A TE that can line up out wide like a receiver or maybe go into the backfield as a RB. I’d like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But here is a new play I haven’t seen. Have two QBs on the field both lined up on each side in the slot off the line of scrimmage. Then snap it to the RB and he can toss it backwards to either side QB who then can throw it downfield. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I don’t know about all this. DJax was getting pushed out by the young burner. And that is behind Evans. And Brate and OJ Howard are very good.

Here are the stats ham

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/tampa-bay-buccaneers-team-stats?season=2018&week=100&category=RECEIVING

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Bullocks! Chip Kelly didn’t bring a hurry up offense to the NFL and change the league. And I don’t see much with having two potential QBs on the field at once. Trick plays have been around forever. Ladanain Tomilinson and others have thrown passes. Or a WR screen then he throws it. Problem is most QBs aren’t athletic enough to be much of a threat. So usually that makes them a lame duck decoy. Playing virtually ten on eleven. Bringing in a Wildcat QB to change the pace occasionally is the better concept. I value versatility. I like that a player can be multiple and extend the game day roster. QB isn’t really the main spot I’m looking for. It’s almost last. I like that Jenkins can play Slot, SS and LB. I like good ST players that can actually contribute on offense or defense. Maddox really did that for us right off the bat. Agholor being able to take a jet sweep. A TE that can line up out wide like a receiver or maybe go into the backfield as a RB. I’d like that.

When I first clicked on that clip I thought I was in for a treat. Then as it wore on I was like, "Ok,  whatever." Not a whole lot of QB's are that versatile. Also, Braxton Miller and Greg Ward, Jr. have to make the 53 for this 'master plan'. Not saying they won't, but they'll have a battle come TC.

You saying about a TE that could line up in BF made me think of the FB's that played here. Byars, Ritchie, Martin lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Sorry GB, I'm expexting JJ to start this yr. Yeah, I was anamored by Treggs' speed, he's not a ballplayer. JJ seems to have it all. Maybe not a DJax speed guy, more like Alshon just further downfield. which in reality draws off D with the high percentage of coming down w/ the ball. Dude just naturally has those high point hands from B-Ball. D-Jax is D-Jax, not the one of old tho - he catches over the middle now! I know, we're all thinking this O is unstoppable etc, etc, etc. Bslsnce - can we stop them from scoring? Can we protect Carson? Last yr it was an inability to stop the run. Kinda important in a div w/ Sequan and Zeke. Stop Zeke dem boyz are 1 dimensional. My school of thought is besides the QB, never depend too much on 1 aspect of your game.  If you have 1 great RB, get a 2nd, same w/ WR's - D's just can't cover a 1-2 punch - been watching a lot of boxing reruns lately! We now have those in RB, WR, and TE - ouch! On O we're great, Schwartz needs some guys on his side of the ball.

Jjaw is starting over who???? I see him working his way in so we can lose someone next year for cap loot.Until then he's basically "free money" and Im not paying guys big money to ride pine over him or I wouldn't have paid them to begin with

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Interested to hear if anyone wants to share their point of view.

You mean like the Philly special???Nothing wrong with guys that can throw.Gives you additional pages in the play book

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Sorry GB, I'm expexting JJ to start this yr. Yeah, I was anamored by Treggs' speed, he's not a ballplayer. JJ seems to have it all. Maybe not a DJax speed guy, more like Alshon just further downfield. which in reality draws off D with the high percentage of coming down w/ the ball. Dude just naturally has those high point hands from B-Ball. D-Jax is D-Jax, not the one of old tho - he catches over the middle now! I know, we're all thinking this O is unstoppable etc, etc, etc. Bslsnce - can we stop them from scoring? Can we protect Carson? Last yr it was an inability to stop the run. Kinda important in a div w/ Sequan and Zeke. Stop Zeke dem boyz are 1 dimensional. My school of thought is besides the QB, never depend too much on 1 aspect of your game.  If you have 1 great RB, get a 2nd, same w/ WR's - D's just can't cover a 1-2 punch - been watching a lot of boxing reruns lately! We now have those in RB, WR, and TE - ouch! On O we're great, Schwartz needs some guys on his side of the ball.

IDK the Colts made a career out of this with Manning.Their D was "iffy" if not outright ugly.They simply outscored you every game.See similar here with a better D than the Colts had

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

The only reason I'm home tonight is the tourists are here, drunk and on the roads like they own it, just not worth it

How do you know they are drunk,and how do you know they are tourists? And do you stay home every sat. during season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

But here is a new play I haven’t seen. Have two QBs on the field both lined up on each side in the slot off the line of scrimmage. Then snap it to the RB and he can toss it backwards to either side QB who then can throw it downfield. 

This is interesting here!!!! The thing you lose though is the element of surprise. Like D's dont know which are QB numbered jerseys? This may be easier to defense than you think,but still an interesting idea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EaglesTD123 said:

When I first clicked on that clip I thought I was in for a treat. Then as it wore on I was like, "Ok,  whatever." Not a whole lot of QB's are that versatile. Also, Braxton Miller and Greg Ward, Jr. have to make the 53 for this 'master plan'. Not saying they won't, but they'll have a battle come TC.

You saying about a TE that could line up in BF made me think of the FB's that played here. Byars, Ritchie, Martin lol

Goedert can't throw?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Hey, I was head over heals for Treggs, who knew he's be such a wimp? The game's changed. Yrs ago you would never throw across the center, never throw a guy high. The rules have changed the game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Goedert can't throw?

No, a TE that can be option for RB or FB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now