DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

15 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I didn’t know we were talking about lake beaches in southern Canada. What do you get like six weeks a year where girls actually wear bathing suits? And who wants to sit on a beach and worry about being attacked by a moose?

Speaking about the beach, I saw a BIG guy 300+ pounds on the beach the other day and he had a tee shirt on that read " Being Cremated is my last hope for a smoking hot body". It cracked me up at the time and I  have no idea what size that shirt was but it was comparable to a Colemen tent!

7 hours ago, ASG15 said:

We were considering moving back to SW Florida some time ago then we visited relatives in the Punta Gorda/Port Charlotte area.  That cured me.

We live on a county road and I get annoyed if I have to wait for more than 1 car to get on the main road.

Punta Gorda 3 miles from me lol

5 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

You guys make me laugh calling your little foothills mountains. You want mountains go out to Montana, Wyoming or Colorado. My parents shipped me off to Montana for the summer when I was 13 (was a bit of a problem child) to live with my aunt. We were about 10 miles from Glacier National Park. When it's August and you are still seeing snow covered peaks then you can call them mountains. As for beaches I will stick with Minnesota they don't call us the land of 10,000 lakes for nothing. Although promoted as the "Land of 10,000 Lakes", Minnesota has 11,842 lakes of 10 acres or more.[1] The 1968 state survey found 15,291 lake basins, of which 3,257 were dry.[2] If all basins over 2.5 acres were counted, Minnesota would have 21,871 lakes. So many beaches you can always find a beach to yourself. I have 5 beaches within 10 mins of my house I love it.

IDK don't care for the beach when it's 12 degrees

3 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

GB, I read not long ago that the US has roughly 10,000 citizens turning age 65 every day. Think about those numbers for a moment. Apparently that has been going on for the last 3 years and will continue to go on for the next 14 years. Most of these people will be retiring and a lot of them will be moving to a place they "want" to be for the first time in their lives. A lot of those folks are coming our way. That is why we have so many Eagles fans down here in Florida. Transplants. The most expensive baseball spring training tickets down here are the Yankees, Red Sox and Phillies.

my house should have sold 4 months ago lol

3 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

You still are DWD. Didn't your aunt teach you anything????????????????

lmao-uh oh here we go HAHAHAHA

50 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I didn’t know we were talking about lake beaches in southern Canada. What do you get like six weeks a year where girls actually wear bathing suits? And who wants to sit on a beach and worry about being attacked by a moose?

Ham you have no sense of adventure,nothing more fun that trying to outrun a moose on a beach with 1 tree 1,000 yards away.You will run the 40 in 3.3

39 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Speaking about the beach, I saw a BIG guy 300+ pounds on the beach the other day and he had a tee shirt on that read " Being Cremated is my last hope for a smoking hot body". It cracked me up at the time and I  have no idea what size that shirt was but it was comparable to a Colemen tent!

May take 2 urns.I hope his family planned ahead(love the shirt BTW)

34 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Love those 300 pounders that wear speedos and parade their stuff like they are Apollo

I heard that Joe Douglas told the press that the reason he accepted the title of GM from the Jets was because "Miracle Worker" was not an official job title. LOL

On 6/16/2019 at 6:31 PM, ASG15 said:

The mountains have fewer people.

Never a bad thing.

Deliverance lmao

Need to go mow 1/2 acre while I still have my 90 minute window before the next rain-pffffft

On 6/16/2019 at 11:26 PM, EaglesTD123 said:

That's a big reason why I still follow this board. Everyone who ever posted on here has educated me in some way

I am with you brother, the knowledge and intelligence from the crew here... plus you know some of them FL guys are TRULY off the chain... I have had to remind a few to get help hehehe ain’t gonna call no names  oohhh perhaps the word Sb eccentric hehehehe

On 6/17/2019 at 2:07 PM, cunninghamtheman said:

I love the mountains but c’mon everybody loves the beach more. Both have great nature views. And both can be desolate or crowded. Though desolate beaches are getting very hard to find. But if for no other reason than at the beach women wear almost nothing. In the mountains they wear three layers. I vote bikini over beenie and thick jacket all day!

I can’t argue with your logic, though it lots of fun taking off those layers in front of a fire indoors or outside woooooo 😈😈. I grew up in the Tropics, really loved going to unfounded beach strips... however us humans have drawn creatures of the deep...to our shores Sharks have infested our shores can’t enjoy my long swims like I used to due to the increased odds of being eaten....ohhhh Hell no.

It is brutal... but I have had to be more of a Land Shark suffering through all these near naked Wormen strutting in my face hmmmmmm ok.hehehehe 🙈🙉🙊

On 6/17/2019 at 2:07 PM, cunninghamtheman said:

Sharks come here for the seals.

Tourists taste just like seals - I wish! The T shirts wouldn't sell, although they do show the original "Jaws" movie a lot, even at the Nat'l Seashore Pavillion

image.png.0e2ff467c4eee115e6190116288f17e6.png

When you hear the music ... get out of the water... so easy!

40 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Sharks come here for the seals.

Tourists taste just like seals - I wish! The T shirts wouldn't sell, although they do show the original "Jaws" movie a lot, even at the Nat'l Seashore Pavillion

image.png.0e2ff467c4eee115e6190116288f17e6.png

Sick that you wish this.I hope they stop coming altogether 

10 hours ago, ASG15 said:

We were considering moving back to SW Florida some time ago then we visited relatives in the Punta Gorda/Port Charlotte area.  That cured me.

We live on a county road and I get annoyed if I have to wait for more than 1 car to get on the main road.

I'm feelin' ya ASG. I swear 50%+ people got their license out of a Cracker Jack box LOL

7 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

You guys make me laugh calling your little foothills mountains. You want mountains go out to Montana, Wyoming or Colorado. My parents shipped me off to Montana for the summer when I was 13 (was a bit of a problem child) to live with my aunt. We were about 10 miles from Glacier National Park. When it's August and you are still seeing snow covered peaks then you can call them mountains. As for beaches I will stick with Minnesota they don't call us the land of 10,000 lakes for nothing. Although promoted as the "Land of 10,000 Lakes", Minnesota has 11,842 lakes of 10 acres or more.[1] The 1968 state survey found 15,291 lake basins, of which 3,257 were dry.[2] If all basins over 2.5 acres were counted, Minnesota would have 21,871 lakes. So many beaches you can always find a beach to yourself. I have 5 beaches within 10 mins of my house I love it.

You're right DWD. I've seen the mountains, but here in PA what we have is the closest thing to mountains. So I still refer to them as 'mountains'.

2 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

You're right DWD. I've seen the mountains, but here in PA what we have is the closest thing to mountains. So I still refer to them as 'mountains'.

Down here a "mountain" is anything over sea level.Any "rock" more than 2 inches in diameter,is a "boulder" 

6 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

You still are DWD. Didn't your aunt teach you anything????????????????

🔥 👌

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Ham you have no sense of adventure,nothing more fun that trying to outrun a moose on a beach with 1 tree 1,000 yards away.You will run the 40 in 3.3

20835747.gif

4 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:
20835747.gif
That's not an adult, but I'm sure you get the picture LOL