DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

39 minutes ago, trini said:

Went to Military school in Denver ... beautiful mountains...Hey 123 Mt Rainer was sweet in Washington year around party up there.

Oh the memories trini! I had some FINE times out there brother

Kelce had a laundry list of injuries last year. An MCL sprain, a broken foot, a torn elbow, and surprisingly more. Despite playing a solid year, Kelce was battling with himself due to the ton of injuries he had to deal with.

Lane had an MCL sprain and a high ankle sprain

Wis mentioned that he felt he was benched not for performance related issues. He wasn’t playing fantastic last year. But now the info is finally coming out. Old man Peters blames Wis for his injury. His different style than Peters lead JP to believe that’s why he suffered his ACL injury. So he doesn’t trust or want to play beside him. That’s why Wis can only play RG or C now. And really why he was let go.

Dullass currently sitting on 19 mill cap space, already spending 34 mill more on O than D. Amari got nearly 14 mill last yr. Gonna have to shed/re-work some contracts. Their prob, I just like to watch as the prison team squirms.

I’m not really believing his injury was related to Wis style or his fault. Kelce kind of got in a double team chuck which is what got the Wash defender to fall into Peters knee. If Wis dropped back instead of engaging early would Kelce double team been easier to holdup? Maybe. Hard to really say. Peters is a bit out of line with this though if you ask me. Wis had his guy though. He didn’t need any help from Kelce. But Kelce didn’t have anyone to block. So I can’t blame him for trying to assist either.

6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Wis mentioned that he felt he was benched not for performance related issues. He wasn’t playing fantastic last year. But now the info is finally coming out. Old man Peters blames Wis for his injury. His different style than Peters lead JP to believe that’s why he suffered his ACL injury. So he doesn’t trust or want to play beside him. That’s why Wis can only play RG or C now. And really why he was let go.

Didn't I post this a few months ago Ham? LOL  It's ok, we're all forgetful. I understand. Believe me!

19 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Didn't I post this a few months ago Ham? LOL  It's ok, we're all forgetful. I understand. Believe me!

When did Peters say this? I dont recall seeing it

Well Wis is on the team and I have a difficult time thinking Peters would call out anyone and whine about them,let alone be on the same side of the ball together 

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

When did Peters say this? I dont recall seeing it

I had an article stashed in my 'Eagles' folder, but it's gone with the computer now. No, I'm not spendin' eternity to dig it up. Which is how long it may take me LOL

8 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I think you did. I was just reading an article about the Oline injuries last season. Not sure your article said all about the Kelce and Lane injuries though. And now we brought back Wis after cutting him. And so now you have to consider the full effect. Not sure I heard your thoughts about how much Peters was running the show. And that he was controlling the situation at LG. So I was just thinking out loud about how Wis can only play RG and C now because of Peters. And how it has all evolved all offseason. Because I honestly thought they went to Seumalo for performance reasons initially. Wis wasn’t playing as well as the previous season. So I figured why not go with youth. But with time and the rumors and reports coming out we know more of the whole behind the scenes situation.

11 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Only one open practice this year for ten dollars at the Linc. ☹️

People were reserving tix and not showing up or trying to sell the free tix.

All the money from the sale is going to charity

17 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Punta Gorda 3 miles from me lol

So you must be in the Burnt Store Road area.

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I think you did. I was just reading an article about the Oline injuries last season. Not sure your article said all about the Kelce and Lane injuries though. And now we brought back Wis after cutting him. And so now you have to consider the full effect. Not sure I heard your thoughts about how much Peters was running the show. And that he was controlling the situation at LG. So I was just thinking out loud about how Wis can only play RG and C now because of Peters. And how it has all evolved all offseason. Because I honestly thought they went to Seumalo for performance reasons initially. Wis wasn’t playing as well as the previous season. So I figured why not go with youth. But with time and the rumors and reports coming out we know more of the whole behind the scenes situation.

Ham, I read a couple articles on our front line through the past months and one of them stated that Peters didn't like playing beside Wiz or Evan Mathis for the same reasons. Both of these guys were taught to block their man at the line of scrimmage and Peters was taught to take three steps back from the line and then set up to block his guy. Of course that is pass blocking. So because you have a LT stepping back before he sets up to block and a LG setting up at the line of scrimmage, you end up with a staggered line. Neither way to pass block is better or worse than the other but the fact that two people were doing it differently and they weren't all on the same page, it  caused the line some grief. Since Peters is the HOF player, he got his way!  Right or Wrong, I blame the whole situation on Stoutland. If the staggered line was an issue, lets see if we can straighten it out. You can teach SOME old dogs new tricks. Its just a matter of how long you want to give them to learn.

11 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I don't know about you ham but I can remember Peters making positive statements about Wiz in 2017 when he finally replaced Seumalo the first time. Things to the effect that the line was a lot better after the replacement. Something must have changed last year.

If I wasn't so lazy at the moment I would look up run versus pass ratios in 2017 versus 2018. Did the Eagles pass more times last year then they did in 2017? Obviously if you were passing much more last year then the year before, at the beginning of the season, that staggered line would have shown up more. Even if Seumalo wasn't as good at pass blocking as Wiz, if he was taught the same blocking style in pass protection as Peters, the line would have felt more uniform as far as protection to the QB.

Will Jon Runyan ever be voted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame?

5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Can't fault you there. 'Cause no, I didn't mention about Kelce's & Lane's injury plagued season. Also correct on me not knowing just how much JP was running things.

Do you by any chance have the link stashed somewhere that goes into detail about JP having a say in the OL? If not I'll search around. THANKS!

P.S.-If the article is on PE.com I haven't been there. I've been rebuilding my iTunes library and retrieving all of the images that I'm able to through my email and the board in my existing attachments since my last hard drive decided to put the kibosh on me. So if you wanna lambaste me for not being up to date on news feel free. I don't have any tail left to chew LMAO

Edited by EaglesTD123
add input

3 hours ago, ASG15 said:

So you must be in the Burnt Store Road area.

That towards Cape Coral,I'm well east of that

2 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

If I wasn't so lazy at the moment I would look up run versus pass ratios in 2017 versus 2018. Did the Eagles pass more times last year then they did in 2017? Obviously if you were passing much more last year then the year before, at the beginning of the season, that staggered line would have shown up more. Even if Seumalo wasn't as good at pass blocking as Wiz, if he was taught the same blocking style in pass protection as Peters, the line would have felt more uniform as far as protection to the QB.

IDK still don't see Peters calling anyone out,then whining about it or pointing fingers.If there was rift between Peters and Wis,why in the world would Ped bring him back???Makes no sense to me at all

56 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Can't fault you there. 'Cause no, I didn't mention about Kelce's & Lane's injury plagued season. Also correct on me not knowing just how much JP was running things.

Do you by any chance have the link stashed somewhere that goes into detail about JP having a say in the OL? If not I'll search around. THANKS!

P.S.-If the article is on PE.com I haven't been there. I've been rebuilding my iTunes library and retrieving all of the images that I'm able to through my email and the board in my existing attachments since my last hard drive decided to put the kibosh on me. So if you wanna lambaste me for not being up to date on news feel free. I don't have any tail left to chew LMAO

Bad call on rebuilding your iTunes library. Unfortunately Apple is killing off iTunes now. I have three terabytes on a hard drive connected to iTunes so it hurts me.

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Bad call on rebuilding your iTunes library. Unfortunately Apple is killing off iTunes now. I have three terabytes on a hard drive connected to iTunes so it hurts me.

👎

I believe I was reading on 247 sports(the Eagles page). But it is more a culmination of all the articles finally coming together. The first mention was one thing. But you get these little tidbits here and there. It all comes together to understand the behind the scenes situation. Maybe I was hard headed about it because I believed otherwise all last season. I was clearly in the dark about it. So it took me more than just the initial mention, or article for me to succumb to facts.