DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I believe I was reading on 247 sports(the Eagles page). But it is more a culmination of all the articles finally coming together. The first mention was one thing. But you get these little tidbits here and there. It all comes together to understand the behind the scenes situation. Maybe I was hard headed about it because I believed otherwise all last season. I was clearly in the dark about it. So it took me more than just the initial mention, or article for me to succumb to facts.

OK, thanks Ham!

Apple has launched their all encompassing streaming services. They have original programming that they are throwing hundreds of millions at. Rumors suggest they aren’t doing anything good on that front much though. They bought the big stars but killed any real creativity. But Apple makes the tech so they can control a bunch just from that front alone.

29 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK still don't see Peters calling anyone out,then whining about it or pointing fingers.If there was rift between Peters and Wis,why in the world would Ped bring him back???Makes no sense to me at all

Peters wouldn't call anyone out in the press GB but would make his wishes known to the powers that be. Sometimes those PRIVATE conversations get leaked. I can remember the press asking Peters if he was going to miss Mathis on the line after he went to Denver and Peters said no!. That was about as direct of an answer as you could get which surprised me a little bit. It was after that occurred that the story came out that Peters didn't like playing beside Mathis.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Apple has launched their all encompassing streaming services. They have original programming that they are throwing hundreds of millions at. Rumors suggest they aren’t doing anything good on that front much though. They bought the big stars but killed any real creativity. But Apple makes the tech so they can control a bunch just from that front alone.

Monopoly.

5 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Peters wouldn't call anyone out in the press GB but would make his wishes known to the powers that be. Sometimes those PRIVATE conversations get leaked. I can remember the press asking Peters if he was going to miss Mathis on the line after he went to Denver and Peters said no!. That was about as direct of an answer as you could get which surprised me a little bit. It was after that occurred that the story came out that Peters didn't like playing beside Mathis.

Or some BS "writer" trying to get a "relevant" story when there isn't one and once again if this was true there would certainly be ZERO reasons for Ped to bring him back and create a situation of tension

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

Or some BS "writer" trying to get a "relevant" story when there isn't one and once again if this was true there would certainly be ZERO reasons for Ped to bring him back and create a situation of tension

All that I will say is that I heard Peters with my own ears state to a reporter that he would not miss playing beside Evan Mathis. It is all irrelevant anyway. How much does anyone of us really know about the players we root for? 

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

We heard it from almost every angle at this point. I was maybe a bit in denial myself initially. But Wis pretty much said as much himself initially. And then he’s let go. Then we bring him back but is he practicing next to Peters? He11 no! He can only play RG now(and C). Wis played too well for us to almost believe anything different at this point. And we all know Peters is the darling buddy of the owner. He has the clout. I knew he did....I just didn’t understand the extent of that reach delivered.

6 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

All that I will say is that I heard Peters with my own ears state to a reporter that he would not miss playing beside Evan Mathis. It is all irrelevant anyway. How much does anyone of us really know about the players we root for? 

So maybe they weren't "friends.Lots of people I don't miss,but would have NP working beside

6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We heard it from almost every angle at this point. I was maybe a bit in denial myself initially. But Wis pretty much said as much himself initially. And then he’s let go. Then we bring him back but is he practicing next to Peters? He11 no! He can only play RG now(and C). Wis played too well for us to almost believe anything different at this point. And we all know Peters is the darling buddy of the owner. He has the clout. I knew he did....I just didn’t understand the extent of that reach delivered.

if wis played so well why would we let him go in the first place?

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

So maybe they weren't "friends.Lots of people I don't miss,but would have NP working beside

LOL

7 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So you're saying Ped would risk P ing off an all pro tackle,the anchor of that line for a "well maybe we can use him somewhere" guy you once released? makes no sense to me

Oh well back to cleaning(again).Another house showing today. I am getting too old for this BS(well not GETTING I'm already there )

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

if wis played so well why would we let him go in the first place?

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

So you're saying Ped would risk P ing off an all pro tackle,the anchor of that line for a "well maybe we can use him somewhere" guy you once released? makes no sense to me

Seems like you are starting to piece it together on your own. We just bench a starter on our SB winning Oline. You hear Wis complain that it wasn’t performance related. Then we just release that good a player? We were thinnest at G and have no backup C. That’s exactly what Wis is. This sentiment is backed up by top undrafted free agent Gs...their agents think that here is the best opportunity to gain traction. So why did we bench Wis in the first place? And then why release him when that’s arguably our weakest depth spot(especially considering Brooks injury)? But then we show that he is worth having by resigning him. But put him at RG and C only. When most, well I at least, believe his best position is LG. 

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Seems like you are starting to piece it together on your own. We just bench a starter on our SB winning Oline. You hear Wis complain that it wasn’t performance related. Then we just release that good a player? We were thinnest at G and have no backup C. That’s exactly what Wis is. This sentiment is backed up by top undrafted free agent Gs...their agents think that here is the best opportunity to gain traction. So why did we bench Wis in the first place? And then why release him when that’s arguably our weakest depth spot(especially considering Brooks injury)? But then we show that he is worth having by resigning him. But put him at RG and C only. When most, well I at least, believe his best position is LG. 

Well if hes best at LG but your probowl LT doesnt want him there,then you look elsewhere,because if you have line issues and they aren't working as a unit,then your line suffers and I dnt think Ped is that stupid,so once again I'd have to see this story to buy it

At any rate even if wis is at RG,would you really want to risk your RT/C to injury if this guy cant play his position???? So until I read the story I aint buying

Peters is Hall of Famer. Easily. Been elected to many Pro Bowls. But that’s not who he is in reality any more performance wise.

Why we drafted one????????

33 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Regarding iTunes:

The transition will take place when the macOS Catalina, the latest version of Apple’s Mac operating system, debuts in the fall. While the news initially alarmed users, you can rest easy: Apple confirmed to CNBC Make It that your iTunes content isn’t going to just disappear into the digital ether.

"Users will have access to their entire music library, whether they downloaded the songs, purchased them or ripped them from a CD,” reads a press release.

The company confirmed that when Mac users update their software, music currently in your library will transfer to the Apple Music app and TV and movie purchases will migrate to the Apple TV app. Mac users will be able to access the iTunes Music Store within the Music app, and buy movies and TV shows in the TV app. Windows users will see no change in their iTunes experience, and iTunes Store gift cards are still valid.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/04/apple-is-shutting-down-itunesheres-what-will-happen-to-your-music.html

Peters is Hall of Famer. Easily. Been elected to many Pro Bowls. But that’s not who he is in reality any more performance wise.

So if wis "cant play hs position" now your not only gonna PO your star LT but also risk your future one? Still not buying

7 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

JP is definitely not the same as in his prime but he is still easily a top 10 LT in the NFL hell I would say top 5 LT still

10 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I dnt think Ped is that stupid,so once again I'd have to see this story to buy it

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/10/8/17951606/eagles-stefen-wisniewski-feels-bench-performance-related-isaac-seumalo-philadelphia-offensive-line

My theory on Wis is simple his play dipped and we replaced him with youth last year Semaulo I would say overall was better then Wis last season....Wis was unhappy with the benching still believing he was a starter....We opted to release him this offseason to please him and allow him to try for a starting gig(or chance to compete) when those offers he thought he was worth weren’t coming in we came back and signed him cheaper to be a backup again

Thomas mentioned Peters believing Wisniewski’s play style led to Peters getting hurt last year. (Apologies for the lack of specifics here but the audio has since been deleted.)                    So Peters didn't say it,it was some other guys interpretation,so whatever

7 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Regarding iTunes:

The transition will take place when the macOS Catalina, the latest version of Apple’s Mac operating system, debuts in the fall. While the news initially alarmed users, you can rest easy: Apple confirmed to CNBC Make It that your iTunes content isn’t going to just disappear into the digital ether.

"Users will have access to their entire music library, whether they downloaded the songs, purchased them or ripped them from a CD,” reads a press release.

The company confirmed that when Mac users update their software, music currently in your library will transfer to the Apple Music app and TV and movie purchases will migrate to the Apple TV app. Mac users will be able to access the iTunes Music Store within the Music app, and buy movies and TV shows in the TV app. Windows users will see no change in their iTunes experience, and iTunes Store gift cards are still valid.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/04/apple-is-shutting-down-itunesheres-what-will-happen-to-your-music.html

Thanks for this. Good info. I’ve been hearing different stories unfortunately about what will transfer, where and how. Seems like some issues that will occur. I hang with a few...ugh don’t want to give up any sources...but we’ll just call them Apple Geeks. They have pointed out a few quirks and doubtful areas of reading between what has been said...and more importantly not said. I’m invested heavily. But too much to really wrap my head around in speculating. Just have to see how it unfolds. Not sure I want to go through my entire library of movies, songs and shows on my harddrive. Though the transfer it was told to me might depend on very minute specific details of acceptance or denial.

I know still SUPER EARLY in the process but with JJAW impressing early, Hollins finally looking healthy and Charles Johnson And Marken Michel showing up so far and making a case for a roster spot...Mixed in with the fact it doesn’t seem like AG is in our long term plans do we try and flip AG something we have talked about plenty but our WR corps is looking insanely deep this year not just top heavy 

9 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

And in this Pedey states about versatility. Wis can play LG and he can play C. He doesn’t mention RG. Yet now Wis can’t play LG only RG and C. Too many pieces adding up to one conclusion here for me to even doubt it anymore. Did I initially not believe it? Yes, unfortunately I was in denial. Just can’t deny it anymore though.

And in this Pedey states about versatility. Wis can play LG and he can play C. He doesn’t mention RG. Yet now Wis can’t play LG only RG and C. Too many pieces adding up to one conclusion here for me to even doubt it anymore. Did I initially not believe it? Yes, unfortunately I was in denial. Just can’t deny it anymore though.

Lmao seems like you are just trying to find things to make your theory true can do that with anything.....Why would Doug mention RG when he has an all pro RG in Brooks healthy nobody was unseating him....And this year he mentions RG because hey good chance Brooks misses time early in the year....Think your just over thinking it all trying to make this crazy theory true