DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Just now, EaglesTD123 said:

LOL Yeah, like you're gonna remember. Joking aside IDK, a little early for me to tell w/o contact-training camp. But If I had to make a decision now it'd be (and I'd feel pretty confident): Douglas- RCB, Maddox- LCB, LeBlanc- Slot, Jenkins & McLeod (assuming his time table works out), and Sendejo as 3rd S

Oh, 1st off bench would be: Darby- RCB/LCB

5 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

LOL Yeah, like you're gonna remember.

Tasty Cake that is. If it's a tie I'll take 1 ½ creme filed coffee cakes, Fed Ex overnight delivery LOL

Maybe a better question would be, Which two of our corner backs and which one safety will be playing for the Jets this year?

So I have to remind people that only a couple weeks ago when we were talking about NFL contract negotiations I stated that the NFL owners are some really greedy people and that they would do anything to make an extra buck.  Voila! One Training camp practice you can attend for 10.00 so Jeffery Lurie doesn't have to reach into his own wallet to support his favorite charity. Works for him! You pay to watch the team practice and he gets the credit for the money he gives to Autism Challenge.  How about if I just skip the practice and give my 10 dollars to the charity of my choice?  Yep, Jeffery says that Eagles fans are the best fans in the world, all the way to the bank! 

56 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

LOL Yeah, like you're gonna remember. Joking aside IDK, a little early for me to tell w/o contact-training camp. But If I had to make a decision now it'd be (and I'd feel pretty confident): Douglas- RCB, Maddox- LCB, LeBlanc- Slot, Jenkins & McLeod (assuming his time table works out), and Sendejo as 3rd S

I don't have to remember. It is written on this page and all we have to do is retrieve it. By the way, how long are we going to let this novel of 750 pages go on before we start a new one for this football season?

1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:

Maybe a better question would be, Which two of our corner backs and which one safety will be playing for the Jets this year?

LMAO For me that'd be a ? for Mr. Whoopee.  A wild guess would be Douglas, Jones and Countess.

683457660_TennesseeTuxedoChumleyMr.Whoopee63-66.jpg.d77ed890966a241fb80a7bb276e5a35d.jpg

So I have to remind people that only a couple weeks ago when we were talking about NFL contract negotiations I stated that the NFL owners are some really greedy people and that they would do anything to make an extra buck.  Voila! One Training camp practice you can attend for 10.00 so Jeffery Lurie doesn't have to reach into his own wallet to support his favorite charity. Works for him! You pay to watch the team practice and he gets the credit for the money he gives to Autism Challenge.  How about if I just skip the practice and give my 10 dollars to the charity of my choice?  Yep, Jeffery says that Eagles fans are the best fans in the world, all the way to the bank! 

And/or part of the decision may have been fans taking the free ticks and not showing up.

I don't have to remember. It is written on this page and all we have to do is retrieve it. By the way, how long are we going to let this novel of 750 pages go on before we start a new one for this football season?

Reckon one of us would have to start a topic: 2019 Eagles' Season  or something of the like.

I'm fine letting this run as long as it goes other than the problem being if you wanna dig something up it may take ten years to find it LOL

4 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Chargers always seem to mess up at the end somewhere.

This can be said about us as well. 

3 OLD QBs  ....  and  one lost his 2 best weapons from last year and has that coach who can't win the big one (which would be the only time we see them)  The last team we seem to have their number

I would take all 5 teams QB for the season because I have concern over health. 1 game I would take Wentz over 4 of them though.

Rams, I think their defense struggles this year

Speculation anybody could say this about us and actually be more justified with the loss of Bennett and Long

16 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

I would take all 5 teams QB for the season because I have concern over health.

Perhaps those other 5 were just more fortunate not to have any freak accidents happen to them DWD.

2 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

I took issue with that to... my love for my Birds I have been spending plenty dollars on for decades, that’s nothing New... Love my Birds. Unlike Snyder TC here in this area. I looked forward to at least 1 visit to TC. No issue whatsoever with donating to Autism it just feels like you’re twisting my arm. Distasteful using TC like this.

3 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

Okay everyone, Lets have a contest. Musical chairs with our secondary. Who starts at safety and CB this year and who is first off the bench at safety and CB? Winner gets a tastycake.

Hey Wrang, did you happen to catch this or a similar story that sparked you to ask this question?

2 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Perhaps those other 5 were just more fortunate not to have any freak accidents happen to them DWD.

Possibly but the last 4 years in a row Wentz has had a serious injury. Behind what most would say has been one of the best offensive lines 3 years in a row. 

6 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Hard to argue.... vet RB who can do early down work and good in pass protection is a great start to a RB by committee.   Throw in you got him cheap on hte last year of his rookie deal where he needs to ball in order to get his next contract.   Possible comp pick ...etc.    For a late round draft pick the next year.... good stuff.

I like those trades where you get a year's worth of the player before you have to give anything up.  what is it... 6th round maybe a 5th round if he does well... which should mean we get a nice 2021 comp pick back if he leaves?  Nice!

LOL got bashed alot here ---1)No he;s not going anywhere-really??? 2) there are better options-maybe,but protecting your franchise seems to be well worth it 3) chicago would never do this-really?? 4) He didnt do much in Chicago-sure if you are the 3rd RB and they are forcing you out with minimal touches

6 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

Okay everyone, Lets have a contest. Musical chairs with our secondary. Who starts at safety and CB this year and who is first off the bench at safety and CB? Winner gets a tastycake.

(shh it;s Tastykake) lol-just a public service announcement 🙂

6 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Anyone writing this down???? My take-CB 1 and CB 2, start, #3 is the first off the bench(I'm stretching my neck out here!!!!) Rotations at S until we find out who is #1 and#2,then follow the previous.So send me this tastykake ASAP-I got this.I will also predict,because I am on a roll,that the starting WR's are #1,#2 and #3.I KNOW,but it's a gut feeling and I just have to go with it

5 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

There are no new ones.I want to see this break 5000 before the server takes it's final dive into oblivion.Then I guess we wont see each other ever again 😞

Hey Wrang, did you happen to catch this or a similar story that sparked you to ask this question?

LMAO I LOVE these "question mark titles" HAHAHA Here's one- "What would Greenbleedin do if he hit the lottery???" OMG this is a MUST READ!!!! 'Is Wentz still a starter???" OMG so many questions.I can ask anything with a question mark after it-pitiful "reporting".But it's that boring time of year when everyones trying to stay employed 

Comments?

Define "underrated" please

1 hour ago, downwithdallas said:

Possibly but the last 4 years in a row Wentz has had a serious injury. Behind what most would say has been one of the best offensive lines 3 years in a row. 

well THIS is year 4 right?