DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

4 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I actually think he is pretty good there.  But I differ in opinion of what clock management is from most people on this board.  Most look at time of possession as clock management.  To me when you occupy the ball,  you win the TOP stat... you do that by getting 10 yards on 3 plays or less so you can keep the ball. To me, that isn't clock management,  it's just good offense.   Clock management is the end of the half and end of the game where use either work fast or slow ( whatever is needed) to either get the next points or prevent the opponent from getting them.   

It's why I say Andy Reid is poor at clock management,  regardless if he wins TOP stat.  He messes up at the end of halves and games. Either too slow when behind or too fast when ahead.  Doug is pretty good in this area.

I can agree with this,feel the same.it was very much a concern to me in the SB game ,when we gave the master of comebacks enough time.Although you can point to alot of plays,if not for the strip sack,the outcome may have been different

4 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I actually think he is pretty good there.  But I differ in opinion of what clock management is from most people on this board.  Most look at time of possession as clock management.  To me when you occupy the ball,  you win the TOP stat... you do that by getting 10 yards on 3 plays or less so you can keep the ball. To me, that isn't clock management,  it's just good offense.   Clock management is the end of the half and end of the game where use either work fast or slow ( whatever is needed) to either get the next points or prevent the opponent from getting them.   

It's why I say Andy Reid is poor at clock management,  regardless if he wins TOP stat.  He messes up at the end of halves and games. Either too slow when behind or too fast when ahead.  Doug is pretty good in this area.

IMO Ped needs to improve in that area for reasons stated

17 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

Don't know how many Phillie fans are on this board however I just finished watching these guys for the third time in a row and can see so many things they are doing wrong it is amazing. Some one is going to have to be made an example of pretty soon if they want to get back in the race at all.

I'm an all Philly team, but only a 'fair weather' fan when it comes to baseball, basketball and hockey. The Eagles are the only team I'll watch through thick & thin. If the other Philly teams get hot I'll follow a little closer. I did hear that the Phillie's bats went dead. Was hoping they came out of this slump. You can post Phillie's performance on here any time you want in my view, LOL. I'd like to hear if they're executing better.

10 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I'm an all Philly team, but only a 'fair weather' fan when it comes to baseball, basketball and hockey. The Eagles are the only team I'll watch through thick & thin. If the other Philly teams get hot I'll follow a little closer. I did hear that the Phillie's bats went dead. Was hoping they came out of this slump. You can post Phillie's performance on here any time you want in my view, LOL. I'd like to hear if they're executing better.

I am not going to waste a lot of time posting baseball stuff on the football web site but just this once I will say I never saw so many hitters out of sinc at one time in my life. They are all trying to pull outside pitches instead of going to the opposite field. Over half of them are using an upper cut swing where they are cheating themselves out of a level swing where you can get more opportunity to much more bat on the ball. They are all swinging at very high strikes in the zone which most people can't do anything with (hello Harper) and many others. I have seen three starting players change their batting stance already from the beginning of the season,  Realmuto, Segura, and Hernandez. I hate looking at Realmuto's new upright stance. How can you hit a ball when your head isn't over the plate? The manager doesn't play hit and run or bunt when it is dictated and I don't think half the players on the club could bunt if their lives depended on it. Other than that everything is swell with the club.  I will tackle the pitching at another time. This comment gave me a headache.

1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:

This comment gave me a headache.

LOL, can understand that! Def bad fundamentals.

Don't wanna wish summer away, but SHEESH, c'mon TC!!!  I want some interesting Eagles' news. Tired of skimming through news and it's the same 'ol lame stuff.

1 hour ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Don't wanna wish summer away, but SHEESH, c'mon TC!!!  I want some interesting Eagles' news. Tired of skimming through news and it's the same 'ol lame stuff.

Well make some news up! That is what the sports writers do. Make it real exciting too. Howie Roseman trades Jeffery Lurie to the Patriots for Robert Kraft.

20 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Well make some news up! That is what the sports writers do. Make it real exciting too. Howie Roseman trades Jeffery Lurie to the Patriots for Robert Kraft.

LOL, Thought about it, but didn't wanna go that low. Thanks for the laugh!

14 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I can agree with this,feel the same.it was very much a concern to me in the SB game ,when we gave the master of comebacks enough time.Although you can point to alot of plays,if not for the strip sack,the outcome may have been different

Nah.. the only error in that game was not passing with 2:03 left... AFTER the strip sack.  The clock was going to stop anyway, Foles was on a roll, playaction... boom get the 7 or 8 yards, game over.   But there was also the time Agholor ran out of bounds, the drive before. That would have helped too if he stayed in.  

8 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Wrang, is this exciting enough for ya? No? LOL  Didn't think so. Me neither.:rolleyes:

practice, practice, practice.

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 11:23 AM, downwithdallas said:

I have a lot of questions about our starting 22 but they can't be answered right now so I have been pretty silent of late. Can Wentz stay healthy being the biggest of course.

I hope our receivers are as good as they have looked because they are that good and not because our secondary is that bad. The DBs struggled as a whole group last year and couldn't cover much but they had a lot of injuries (not that they were any good before the injuries happened either though). On paper our WRs look like they could be special but we need to see it on the field. How many years have we heard how great they were for them to be just average. 

I have injury questions up and down this team. The last 2 years have been really hard on us injury wise and is that on training/medical staffs or Peterson's coaching style. Can JP actually stay on the field a whole game, Darby, Mills, Jones, Barnett and Brooks just looking at some in particular. 

I have questions at LB as well. Can Brown cover? That has been an area of concern with him over his career. Hicks was decent in coverage and all over the field on defense when he was healthy but that was his biggest problem health. Do we have a 3rd LB I wasn't to fond of Hill or Gerry last year can one of them step up their game this year.

How will Malik Jackson look in our D can he stop the run. He was benched last year for that reason he struggled to stop the run.

Definitely question the G position both Seumalo and Wisniewski struggled last year can one of them step up and show they deserve to be the starter.

Can we run the ball? We got 2 new RBs but how will they fit in our system is yet to be seen.

Can Barnett step up and be the guy on the outside we need him to be is yet to be seen as well. 

Injuries will always be a question. Not sure why you would question our WR or our RB position. They are as strong as they have ever been. I am not sure we will use a 3rd LB much this year. It seems most teams are using a hybrid player that plays DB more than LB because of all these 3 and 4 WR sets. Anyone will be an improvement over Hicks if he can stay healthy. We all know Hicks could not.... I choose to look at the positives DWD.... I think we will all learn more once TC has arrived...

It’s predominantly a Nickle and Dime age. But to win in our division we need some dominant good old 4-3 run stopping. All three opponents have spent heavy investment in their RB. That’s six games vs strong rushing attacks. Don’t sleep on the Skin’s Guice. And Peterson broke off that mega run on us last year. Barkley and Elliott are the engines of their offenses. If we come up with an elite run stuffing D this season the East is ours for the taking.

30 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

It’s predominantly a Nickle and Dime age. But to win in our division we need some dominant good old 4-3 run stopping. All three opponents have spent heavy investment in their RB. That’s six games vs strong rushing attacks. Don’t sleep on the Skin’s Guice. And Peterson broke off that mega run on us last year. Barkley and Elliott are the engines of their offenses. If we come up with an elite run stuffing D this season the East is ours for the taking.

Idk... while the division is the first step.  I don't really obsess or measure our team within the division.    Not sure Washington will have the OL, Giants might not stop us on any drives, ... so not sure their RBs can carry enough of the load by themselves.   Dallas is a decent team, playing a tough schedule after they start out 3-0.  

But if we don't win all 4 vs Wash and Giants,  that's pretty bad, I don't care if they have Jim Brown, Walter Payton or any other RB back there.

While I do like the addition at LB, I like the additions at DT more. I think that helps vs the run more in general, especially within our system.  You got 2 guys a little annoyed and ready to prove themselves,  and the dude from Indy and Hester behind them fighting for a spot.   Should be much improved up the middle now.

No way around dealing with the division. That’s six games. We need five wins out of that. And you can’t play at home in the postseason without winning your division. We know the Skins and giants will play is harder than anyone else all season. Can’t take those games for granted. That game in dallas seems to be the biggest game consistently. We owe the cowboys a debt. Very focused on that.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

No way around dealing with the division. That’s six games. We need five wins out of that. And you can’t play at home in the postseason without winning your division. We know the Skins and giants will play is harder than anyone else all season. Can’t take those games for granted. That game in dallas seems to be the biggest game consistently. We owe the cowboys a debt. Very focused on that.

Yeah..  again... don't think a RB will make the difference for Washington and the Giants.  I agree we need to take those 4 gimme games for big picture... to give an advantage for home field vs the real competition. 

11 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Nah.. the only error in that game was not passing with 2:03 left... AFTER the strip sack.  The clock was going to stop anyway, Foles was on a roll, playaction... boom get the 7 or 8 yards, game over.   But there was also the time Agholor ran out of bounds, the drive before. That would have helped too if he stayed in.  

No, yeah,giving Brady 1.30 on the clock means you are at risk of losing.The strip sack saved us from that

4 hours ago, stine said:

Injuries will always be a question. Not sure why you would question our WR or our RB position. They are as strong as they have ever been. I am not sure we will use a 3rd LB much this year. It seems most teams are using a hybrid player that plays DB more than LB because of all these 3 and 4 WR sets. Anyone will be an improvement over Hicks if he can stay healthy. We all know Hicks could not.... I choose to look at the positives DWD.... I think we will all learn more once TC has arrived...

I see few holes.Would be nice to add a vet OG somewhere.I agree RB and WR is the best we have had for quite some time. We know Howards role,I want to see how we use Sanders and Clement

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Sort of agree,but here's where we differ.You're not gonna stop those RB's,the key is to just slow them down,make some 3rd down plays.Our D isn't terrible,but just to me all we need to do is outscore opponents and we have that ability.Colts/Manning did this for decades with a D much weaker than ours

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

IMO Bryce Love is going to be another Brian Westbrook only faster. It might take him a while to get on the field due to his recover but I see Westbrook every time I watch his highlights. 

2 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

IMO Bryce Love is going to be another Brian Westbrook only faster. It might take him a while to get on the field due to his recover but I see Westbrook every time I watch his highlights. 

My guy is Brett Rypien.This kids gonna be a star  

39 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

I was always a fan of Sanders. We got a good one. He doesn’t have a ton of experience. But he also hasn’t used up all the tread on his tires. Need to really beat ball security into his brain. Very untimely fumbles at that. But he’s a special runner. And I think he will pickup the receiving part of his game. Can’t wait to see him unleashed!

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

Yeah..  again... don't think a RB will make the difference for Washington and the Giants.  I agree we need to take those 4 gimme games for big picture... to give an advantage for home field vs the real competition. 

We can talk about stopping the run all we want, but we all know that everything is thrown out the window in NFC East games. You can go back 50 years and find lots of games where one team had no business winning the game yet somehow managed to. Bottom line is we need to win them whether or not we stop the run. Like GBFL says, just be up one more point when the whistle sounds.....