DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

No, yeah,giving Brady 1.30 on the clock means you are at risk of losing.The strip sack saved us from that

The strip sack was prior to the 2 minute warning.  We were up 5 at the time ... then we ran 3 times after that just to get a FG to go up 8.    NE made a mistake and called time out just before the 2:00 warning, which could have allowed Doug to pass on 2nd down because the clock would have stopped anyway.   He chose to run the ball....   giving Brady the ball back with 1:10-20 left was because we couldn't convert on 3rd down (the play after the 2:00 warning)... wasn't really a clock issue as much as the fact that we had to run there to at least take off the next  40 seconds ... the time to go for it was on 2nd down with nothing to lose on an incomplete pass.  

Chris Simms said he has noticed Wentz puts a bunch of torque on his arm with his throwing motion. Suggesting that he had heard rumors of Wentz having to manage elbow swelling or issues.

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

The strip sack was prior to the 2 minute warning.  We were up 5 at the time ... then we ran 3 times after that just to get a FG to go up 8.    NE made a mistake and called time out just before the 2:00 warning, which could have allowed Doug to pass on 2nd down because the clock would have stopped anyway.   He chose to run the ball....   giving Brady the ball back with 1:10-20 left was because we couldn't convert on 3rd down (the play after the 2:00 warning)... wasn't really a clock issue as much as the fact that we had to run there to at least take off the next  40 seconds ... the time to go for it was on 2nd down with nothing to lose on an incomplete pass.  

I'll take your word for it Joe, LOL. I don't remember clock specifics. I remember the plays. I was so caught up in the moment just wanting that SB W BAD!!!

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/06/eagles-fans-ranked-lower-than-cowboys/

IRDC WTH their formula says. Formulas, algorithms or whatever can't measure heart. Heart is witnessed!

This city/fan base starved for 57 years. I know our great C, Kelce said 52 years at his parade speech. But that was 52 yrs for the Lombardi. Fifty seven since 1960. 

So, y'all want some news? I've got some news! News that'll either make you laugh or make you cringe. While standing out on my 'veranda' at 1am this morn' having a smoke and taking my dog Rocky (not named after Balboa) to do his business, he gets sprayed by a skunk. You could say he had 'The Eye Of The Skunk', LOL. This is the 2nd dog in a row that this has happened to. Not just to him, but also to me. Well, I'd say he got the worst of it. Absolutely repulsive! BTW, if anyone ever needs a great de-skunker recipe, it is 1 qt. peroxide, ¼ cup baking soda and 1 tsp. of dish soap well stirred. After you drag the rag and your dog is well soaked with this solution then rinsed, proceed to bathe with your favorite dog shampoo. Works wonders. I should know. LOL

1511264486_DogCartoonSprayedBySkunkgif.gif.caf80976218b4e9b74bbd9b429dbfc1e.gif

On another note, looks good for my wife's nephew to make the Falcons Squad. Coach told him he was his Number 1 rookie. No reason to tell a Free agent that unless he is impressing the coaches. He is getting married next year, so I may be able to get autographs. Not that I would want any lol....

8 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

So, y'all want some news? I've got some news! News that'll either make you laugh or make you cringe. While standing out on my 'veranda' at 1am this morn' having a smoke and taking my dog Rocky (not named after Balboa) to do his business, he gets sprayed by a skunk. You could say he had 'The Eye Of The Skunk', LOL. This is the 2nd dog in a row that this has happened to. Not just to him, but also to me. Well, I'd say he got the worst of it. Absolutely repulsive! BTW, if anyone ever needs a great de-skunker recipe, it is 1 qt. peroxide, ¼ cup baking soda and 1 tsp. of dish soap well stirred. After you drag the rag and your dog is well soaked with this solution then rinsed, proceed to bathe with your favorite dog shampoo. Works wonders. I should know. LOL

1511264486_DogCartoonSprayedBySkunkgif.gif.caf80976218b4e9b74bbd9b429dbfc1e.gif

Head and Shoulders shampoo works great.

I caught 3 skunks in my barn this spring.

Okay fans, most of you who know me well know that I usually don't get political on this web site HOWEVER my question at least has something to do with Philadelphia Sports. I am wondering if one of you enlightened souls could explain to me why Kate Smith's career was posthumously ruined by the Flyers taking her statue down and others calling her a racist for singing Pickaninny Heaven in 1933  but Mick Jagger can sing Brown Sugar in Soldier Field a couple nights ago and have 60,000 fans stand and cheer after he was finished singing the song?

Lets DO IIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTT

1 minute ago, 1wrangler said:

Okay fans, most of you who know me well know that I usually don't get political on this web site HOWEVER my question at least has something to do with Philadelphia Sports. I am wondering if one of you enlightened souls could explain to me why Kate Smith's career was posthumously ruined by the Flyers taking her statue down and others calling her a racist for singing Pickaninny Heaven in 1933  but Mick Jagger can sing Brown Sugar in Soldier Field a couple nights ago and have 60,000 fans stand and cheer after he was finished singing the song?

Liberal "selective" outrage

31 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

What? no tomato juice????

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I had heard tomato’s as well early on but that only does a little. The peroxide, baking soda and Dawn mix really does the job.

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Nothing like something crazy like that happening to you in the middle of the night. 

You got that right Brother!  I was like- OH NO, not again. I was 3 sheets in the wind too which added insult to injury. LOL

2 hours ago, stine said:

On another note, looks good for my wife's nephew to make the Falcons Squad. Coach told him he was his Number 1 rookie. No reason to tell a Free agent that unless he is impressing the coaches. He is getting married next year, so I may be able to get autographs. Not that I would want any lol....

That's great news Stine. Keep us posted. Congratulations!

44 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

I never heard of Head & Shoulders being a treatment. Interesting. I hope the skunks don't spray in your barn. UGH, LOL

16 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

That's great news Stine. Keep us posted. Congratulations!

Eagles play at Atlanta week 2. I guess I could get tickets if I wanted to take a second road trip. already going to Green Bay so does not make sense.... But I know people in Atlanta so I could stay for free...

46 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Lets DO IIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTT

I was gettin' ready to watch that vid and got sidetracked last night :rolleyes: Thanks for posting it.

56 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I save that for the bloody Marys.

44 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I never heard of Head & Shoulders being a treatment. Interesting. I hope the skunks don't spray in your barn. UGH, LOL

Not yet. I catch them in a live trap then cover the trap with an old sheet. Then I can haul them out to the far end of my property.

I guess they won't spray if they can't see you

25 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

Not yet. I catch them in a live trap then cover the trap with an old sheet. Then I can haul them out to the far end of my property.

I guess they won't spray if they can't see you

That's a sound strategy. I'm glad the skunks haven't funked up your barn. It makes sense they won't spray if they can't see you. I know that by covering the eyes of most animals it helps to keep their anxiety to a controlled minimal level.

58 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I was gettin' ready to watch that vid and got sidetracked last night :rolleyes: Thanks for posting it.

sorry ,but the vid needs MORE HYPE!!!