DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I'll take your word for it Joe, LOL. I don't remember clock specifics. I remember the plays. I was so caught up in the moment just wanting that SB W BAD!!!

You do remember the hail mary at the end right?    So obviously the strip sack didn't end the game .... it gave us the ball back to where we could have killed the clock with a first down.   We didn't do it, but we kicked the FG to go up 8.    IDK, I would assume its pretty hard to forget the hail mary?????    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go Eagles ... stay quiet... no news for now... no news is good news!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

sorry ,but the vid needs MORE HYPE!!!

Yeah, it was little flat lined, but nonetheless it was a good memory refresher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

You do remember the hail mary at the end right?    So obviously the strip sack didn't end the game .... it gave us the ball back to where we could have killed the clock with a first down.   We didn't do it, but we kicked the FG to go up 8.    IDK, I would assume its pretty hard to forget the hail mary?????    

LOL, I said I remember the plays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It might just reflect my age but the 80’s had the best defenders of all time. Reggie White the best Dlineman EVER! Lawrence Taylor the best LB ever! And Ronnie Lott the best DB ever!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

https://youtu.be/m0Q0e5z9a8M

Good short breakdown on the rookie route running

When we face the gnats and if JJAW is on the field at the same time Julian Love is, he's gonna eat him alive. How confident are you Ham that'll he'll be able to do this against seasoned NFL DB's?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

That's pitiful when you think your mother, girlfriend, fiance' or wife is gonna be there to pick up after you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

It might just reflect my age but the 80’s had the best defenders of all time. Reggie White the best Dlineman EVER! Lawrence Taylor the best LB ever! And Ronnie Lott the best DB ever!

No about your age.. yes #92... yes #56... and yes #42.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

When we face the gnats and if JJAW is on the field at the same time Julian Love is, he's gonna eat him alive. How confident are you Ham that'll he'll be able to do this against seasoned NFL DB's?

Feeling pretty confident.  That was against Notre Dame. So you know those defenders have some ability worthy of being professional. And they are getting quality coaching. It’s an understanding of pushing that DB until he’s forced to open his hips in the wrong direction. Or even just one little shuffle of indecision. He’s showing an understanding of his route depends on the defender. All it takes is a understanding between him and the QB that he’s going to adjust accordingly to the defense. Pretty unstoppable when the two get on the same page. And we are talking a guy that has the size, length and body control that he can win over the smaller DB if things are equal. That’s everything to give a coach and especially a QB confidence to go to that well over and over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I’ve always noticed how he’s very good at keeping spacing between the sideline. There is room to get the ball in there. That’s something that always frustrates me...when the receiver always get pushed so close to the boundary. Give me a quality QB like Carson and that throw becomes routine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

When we face the gnats and if JJAW is on the field at the same time Julian Love is, he's gonna eat him alive. How confident are you Ham that'll he'll be able to do this against seasoned NFL DB's?

So you're assuming JJaw is a starter? I can see a few snaps a game but really you're gonna sit your million dollar babies?  Nice set up for the following year though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TD I missed the fact that the giants got Julian Love. I was more focused on they got Deandre Baker. That was a guy I had targeted at 25. He’s a beast! But now he’s drafted by the enemy so he needs to develop into a bum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Skip Bayless is a D8ickhead

I welcome him challenging our team. Our QB. Go ahead and pump the Dak is better than Carson narrative. Give Wentz extra reasons to prove him wrong. Number 11 does have plenty to prove. His team won it all with the backup. His team seemed to rally around the backup last year to get it in gear once he shut things down. The bar is set high this season. Many suggesting we have one of the more talented teams in the league. Vegas has us as fourth highest winning odds. Solid front office, coaching, owner(governor), fans, facilities.....time to go out and accomplish...all that’s left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I welcome him challenging our team. Our QB. Go ahead and pump the Dak is better than Carson narrative. Give Wentz extra reasons to prove him wrong. Number 11 does have plenty to prove. His team won it all with the backup. His team seemed to rally around the backup last year to get it in gear once he shut things down. The bar is set high this season. Many suggesting we have one of the more talented teams in the league. Vegas has us as fourth highest winning odds. Solid front office, coaching, owner(governor), fans, facilities.....time to go out and accomplish...all that’s left.

IDK.. in general I agree with Skip ... I like him pumping up Dak and Dallas and that he hates the Eagles ... its funny when he is wrong and he talks around it like he wasn't wrong... lol.     Plus let him pump up Dak for contract.   It is annoying though that Dallas gets so much air time or discussion... IDK, I just see them as a 9-7 team for all this time... they got lucky in one game vs us or they win 9 last year... 3 years ago, everything worked in their favor, yet they couldn;t win a playoff game?   It is what it is, we all know guys like this, he just has the national platform.

As for Wentz, just go out there and win... you don't play sports to prove anything ... you should play because you want to hold a trophy at the end of the season ... the rest is for everyone else to worry about.     and I will say... the Eagles did win a game with their backup QB ... Wentz took Foles to the doorstep, rang the bell,  Foles took the last step... but the Giants also won with Hostetler in 1990 ... nobody questioned Simms???  winning the SB is a journey ... getting there is the long part, the heavy lifting.  You can take a Foles or a Fitzpatrick... guys that get hot for a game or two and they can win it if put in position.... but putting the team in position, Wentz already proved that.  Now just go win it.  

We can win won this year... it won't change opinions of guys like Skip Bayless... he will find some lucky reason why we won...etc.  Who cares.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Happy B day Michael Vick

 

LOL Vicks birthday is the same as mine only he is 39 and I am 66. The years between at 35 and 45 were probably the best years of my life although these retirement years aren't bad either! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

IDK.. in general I agree with Skip ... I like him pumping up Dak and Dallas and that he hates the Eagles ... its funny when he is wrong and he talks around it like he wasn't wrong... lol.     Plus let him pump up Dak for contract.   It is annoying though that Dallas gets so much air time or discussion... IDK, I just see them as a 9-7 team for all this time... they got lucky in one game vs us or they win 9 last year... 3 years ago, everything worked in their favor, yet they couldn;t win a playoff game?   It is what it is, we all know guys like this, he just has the national platform.

As for Wentz, just go out there and win... you don't play sports to prove anything ... you should play because you want to hold a trophy at the end of the season ... the rest is for everyone else to worry about.     and I will say... the Eagles did win a game with their backup QB ... Wentz took Foles to the doorstep, rang the bell,  Foles took the last step... but the Giants also won with Hostetler in 1990 ... nobody questioned Simms???  winning the SB is a journey ... getting there is the long part, the heavy lifting.  You can take a Foles or a Fitzpatrick... guys that get hot for a game or two and they can win it if put in position.... but putting the team in position, Wentz already proved that.  Now just go win it.  

We can win won this year... it won't change opinions of guys like Skip Bayless... he will find some lucky reason why we won...etc.  Who cares.    

If you recall, Bayless had a lot of negative comments about Foles as well. In a different time an era Bayless wouldn't have ever made it on TV but times have changed and people have changed to the degree that they love their shock and in your face Sports people or they wouldn't watch him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Mas there is no denying that Carson has a ton of pressure on him. Most do much better with the extra motivation to shut up the naysayers. Have that chip on their shoulder. And being the number two overall pick doesn’t provide that naturally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The number 66 is about the transformation of knowledge.

Knowledge is central to mission success.  A person who views the world at age 66 the same way he did at age 36 has probably wasted 30 years of his life! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now