DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

What about them? IDK,maybe Wentz can't sing????? Maybe he's not a great actor either? People excel in what the were cut out to do.If that means (as you state- delayed pay) and you dont love what you do,then be a singer by all means!!! But I kind of doubt if Bieber or Miley Cyrus have degrees

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

And no I don’t think they were that long term a girlfriend/boyfriend.

LMAO,WOW a wedding just consumed every cell in your body eh??? last wedding.I spent 41k on.I am DEAF and I planned the entire thing ALONE(which meant I could NOT just pick up a phone to get things done)It took me 18 months..I even wrote my own ceremony,totally from scratch.It was so good the pastor asked if he could use it for future ones.I hand made my own decorations all from scratch.Built a trellis(outdoors at Crowne Pointe) Had live butterflies,did EVERYTHING except buy her dress.Flew her entire family in to the resort and paid for everything for 4 days/3 nights. Hired the videographer, and DJ,did all the food planning,open bar for guests for 4 days/3 nights.Floating candles on every table.Top flight food,custom cake designed by me,all floral arrangements all the way down to the personalized M&M's.Everyone at the resort assumed there was a celebrity wedding going on.So to tell me I dont understand is a misnomer.yet through all this I didn;t change who I was,nor stopped me from doing that thing called life.I doubt Wentz had the time to do what I did,still even if you hire,I'm sure his wife got the wedding she wanted and I seriously doubt that consumed every cell in his body.It was something that ADDED to him as he added to her,it's not something that should take away from either one 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So should Wentz accept a Temple scholarship for postgraduate studies instead of the 32 million a year? Sure college isn’t cheap. But these many of these top athletes aren’t getting degrees. They are filling huge stadiums with people. People that go to the bookstore and buy jerseys, flags and endless merchandise. Athletics raises the schools noteriety. Billions of dollars are being generated on these kids. Most don’t graduate. And most don’t make much in the pros. The colleges have no problem using them. They have to wear spinsership logos to represent their schools. Huge contracts that Nike and the others all sign exclusively with these colleges. This isn’t asked of many other things in life. It’s completely hypocritical. Any other profession and this kid gets paid! Capitalist society. A singer and they make millions. Doesn’t matter if they are in college. A brilliant scientist or mathematician. They can get paid. And the college offers them a scholarship. What’s so different about sports? Just the strong arm of the NCAA machine is all. Zuckerberg created Facebook. Do you believe he should have just been happy to get a free college scholarship and hand over all rights to his multi billion dollar creation?

Singers-you think they just woke up one day and could sing????They didn't put an effort in? They also sign CONTRACTS,but did they get an education?.Maybe the NCAA is thinking more about educating people that they are about doling out money?(you know since it's a POST HS organization dedicated to education).If I'm going to college and you are paying me 4 million each year I am there,you can bet your sweet bippy I wont work after I gradutate.Heck for that I may stick around an extra year just for kicks.And BTW Ham some People just get LUCKY or hit on an idea or invention.BTW what you ask of Wentz was HIS decision.it's his life,if he wanted post graduate he would have done that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I don't think where Aunt Helen sat at the wedding was a major factor?

LMAO!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EaglesTD123 said:
11 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I don't think where Aunt Helen sat at the wedding was a major factor?

LMAO!!!

Maybe if she was down wind of the water treatment plant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Singers-you think they just woke up one day and could sing????They didn't put an effort in? They also sign CONTRACTS,but did they get an education?.Maybe the NCAA is thinking more about educating people that they are about doling out money?(you know since it's a POST HS organization dedicated to education).If I'm going to college and you are paying me 4 million each year I am there,you can bet your sweet bippy I wont work after I gradutate.Heck for that I may stick around an extra year just for kicks.And BTW Ham some People just get LUCKY or hit on an idea or invention.BTW what you ask of Wentz was HIS decision.it's his life,if he wanted post graduate he would have done that

  I DO NOT THINK Ham is thinking millions of dollars. But I would think that College athletes should at least get free room and board while attending college. Many have to pay their own way and do not get drafted. My Wife's nephew is a prime example. He worked during college to pay for room and board and took out college loans for his first 3 years. The Coach was nice and gave him a free ride his senior year, but this does not happen often. Now, he was signed as a free agent by the Falcons, but there is no guaranty he makes the club. These college athletes should at least get a free ride. The Universities make billions on them so they can afford it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stine said:

  I DO NOT THINK Ham is thinking millions of dollars. But I would think that College athletes should at least get free room and board while attending college. Many have to pay their own way and do not get drafted. My Wife's nephew is a prime example. He worked during college to pay for room and board and took out college loans for his first 3 years. The Coach was nice and gave him a free ride his senior year, but this does not happen often. Now, he was signed as a free agent by the Falcons, but there is no guaranty he makes the club. These college athletes should at least get a free ride. The Universities make billions on them so they can afford it.

NCAA is making millions if not billions off these kids....So free ride, free room and board and some spending money doesn’t seem like it is outrageous to ask for using there likeness..I do agree college athletes should not make millions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

"X factor for 2019: Avonte Maddox. The former fourth-rounder struggled from a grading perspective as a rookie last season but did show a penchant for limiting receivers in his coverage. In fact, he led all corner backs by allowing a reception just once every 21.7 snaps he spent in coverage and limited opposing quarterbacks to a passer rating of just 59.9 when targeted.”

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2019/6/27/18760378/philadelphia-eagles-pff-espn-report-names-avonte-maddox-x-factor-2019-inside-roster-rank-football

Cox is only one ranked above 90. Brown at 89.2. Based on 2018 when of course you know, most of these guys were playing through injuries or sidelined.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As for Pryor, Stoutland said he has the strongest hands of any player he’s ever been around.

"Matt is a unique player because he plays guard and tackle, all sides,” said Stoutland. "There’s no issue there. He’s got long, long arms and his hand strength might be as strong as I ever been around. His hand strength is so strong he gets his hands on you you’re kind of done.

https://footballmaven.io/eagles/news/offensive-line-coach-jeff-stoutland-talks-about-the-depth-behind-his-starters-V7NaH9-j9EWo-0YizFI4oQ/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

NCAA is making millions if not billions off these kids....So free ride, free room and board and some spending money doesn’t seem like it is outrageous to ask for using there likeness..I do agree college athletes should not make millions

The question then is "how much is enough?" and you know once that got started the demands would never end."If I dont get a raise I'm changing schools" you really wanna go there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

GO USA WOMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stopped watching due to the antics of one-IDC if they win or lose now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MJK, LOL looks like you're starvin' for some real news too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice day so haven't been inside. Got things done so I could watch ladies soccer - tough match

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

MJK, LOL looks like you're starvin' for some real news too

In reference to Pryor having strongest hands. Though I would like to see him pan out just as I would all of the Eagles young guys.

Well how bout sending some of that cooler air down my way. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 On Tuesday, Hollins practiced in public for the first time since last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW I still hate that they count the time UP,so you never really know when it's over-very stupid.When it's over they can just say,ok we had 4 penalties,there are 7 minutes left in the game.is this too easy????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stine said:

  I DO NOT THINK Ham is thinking millions of dollars. But I would think that College athletes should at least get free room and board while attending college. Many have to pay their own way and do not get drafted. My Wife's nephew is a prime example. He worked during college to pay for room and board and took out college loans for his first 3 years. The Coach was nice and gave him a free ride his senior year, but this does not happen often. Now, he was signed as a free agent by the Falcons, but there is no guaranty he makes the club. These college athletes should at least get a free ride. The Universities make billions on them so they can afford it.

Yes it's used for stupid things like new equipment for students,new buildings,new stadiums and other useless items

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand a lot of the fouls, they're bang-bang plays.

We have 2 days of t-boomers coming so mowed and neatened things up. Deb's pissed as I'm heading for a foot operation in 2 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At PSU a lot of the football money went towards other sports that don't fair as well, scholarships even for non-athletes

We're keeping 2 players up for breakaways but are taking shots from too far out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now