DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Mike Kaye‏Verified account @mike_e_kaye

4. Keeping Barwin would probably move Shareef Miller into "phantom injury" space which probably wouldn't be all that beneficial for him 5. If they sign Barwin, what does that mean for Curry's snap load? Probably hurts it more than Sweat or Miller as the 4th guy.

Think Eagles don't bring Barwin back unless there's an injury. We needed to get younger and we have as long as these guys play up to their abilities. Love me some Connor, great guy but at 33 he'd play a limited roll.

8 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Think Eagles don't bring Barwin back unless there's an injury. We needed to get younger and we have as long as these guys play up to their abilities. Love me some Connor, great guy but at 33 he'd play a limited roll.

Depends what he wants on the $ front.Nothing wrong with having a vet BU/mentor

14 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

I need him back cause I bought his dang jersey lol.I did rescue an old Djax I had(although I burned the other one HAHA)

18 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Younger is great,but really better is better,so whomever the shoe fits.....just give me the best guys

28 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Mike Kaye‏Verified account @mike_e_kaye

4. Keeping Barwin would probably move Shareef Miller into "phantom injury" space which probably wouldn't be all that beneficial for him 5. If they sign Barwin, what does that mean for Curry's snap load? Probably hurts it more than Sweat or Miller as the 4th guy.

At this point not real worried about Miller.He was a popular fan pick.Until he earns his stripes(or wings in this case lol) I'm not going gaga over him

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

The question then is "how much is enough?" and you know once that got started the demands would never end."If I dont get a raise I'm changing schools" you really wanna go there?

You are right a tricky situation no doubt but also not right for the NCAA to be making billions off these athletes while they make next to nothing in comparison....NCAA could make it a set amount what player could earn a fair wage all school can pay for there likeness so teams bidding for players won’t happen.....Something that the NCAA and the programs need to really sit down and talk about and make a plan 

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

For the right price like vet min. Hell yea I bring Barwin in to compete got nothing to lose....Brings a bench mark for the young guys to beat out and if they can’t we get a solid 4th DE 

12 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

You are right a tricky situation no doubt but also not right for the NCAA to be making billions off these athletes while they make next to nothing in comparison....NCAA could make it a set amount what player could earn a fair wage all school can pay for there likeness so teams bidding for players won’t happen.....Something that the NCAA and the programs need to really sit down and talk about and make a plan 

Then you would need to re-do the entire scholarship program.IDK isn't paying 34k-80k a year(depending on the school) enough "pay"?.So instead just pay them that 34-80k? They'd just have to turn around and spend it on tuition again,what's the difference? Once again define "fair wage" I'll wait.And the more you take from the college coffers,the LESS updated equipment you have the LESS funding for research and learning.And thats BS it won;t happen because it WILL as intensity heats up to bring in the best players

9 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

For the right price like vet min. Hell yea I bring Barwin in to compete got nothing to lose....Brings a bench mark for the young guys to beat out and if they can’t we get a solid 4th DE 

doubt he would play for min,if he woulda done that we wouldnt have cut him as a cap casualty

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Then you would need to re-do the entire scholarship program.IDK isn't paying 34k-80k a year(depending on the school) enough "pay"?.So instead just pay them that 34-80k? They'd just have to turn around and spend it on tuition again,what's the difference? Once again define "fair wage" I'll wait.And the more you take from the college coffers,the LESS updated equipment you have the LESS funding for research and learning.And thats BS it won;t happen because it WILL as intensity heats up to bring in the best players

Oh and BTW there is ZIP stopping them from having a PT job.I did it,so did my friends and I had no scholarship

19 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

So then you are telling me to set a wage.Do you think Delaware State could match funds with USC as a percentage of income? I have no clue how you would work that out

On 6/27/2019 at 5:06 PM, cunninghamtheman said:

Player A just wants to win. Player B wants to win and promises his dad on his deathbed that he will win it all for him. I’m sure PlAyer A works out just as hard as Player B. Nothing could possibly motivate you further. And nothing could sharpen your focus even more.

I'm for the better player winning.   

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

doubt he would play for min,if he woulda done that we wouldnt have cut him as a cap casualty

I mean completely different situation now he is what 2-3 years since we released him and he wants to come back think there’s is a great chance we can get he damn cheap maybe not quite vet min. But not much more then that either 

20 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

LMAO,WOW a wedding just consumed every cell in your body eh??? last wedding.I spent 41k on.I am DEAF and I planned the entire thing ALONE(which meant I could NOT just pick up a phone to get things done)It took me 18 months..I even wrote my own ceremony,totally from scratch.It was so good the pastor asked if he could use it for future ones.I hand made my own decorations all from scratch.Built a trellis(outdoors at Crowne Pointe) Had live butterflies,did EVERYTHING except buy her dress.Flew her entire family in to the resort and paid for everything for 4 days/3 nights. Hired the videographer, and DJ,did all the food planning,open bar for guests for 4 days/3 nights.Floating candles on every table.Top flight food,custom cake designed by me,all floral arrangements all the way down to the personalized M&M's.Everyone at the resort assumed there was a celebrity wedding going on.So to tell me I dont understand is a misnomer.yet through all this I didn;t change who I was,nor stopped me from doing that thing called life.I doubt Wentz had the time to do what I did,still even if you hire,I'm sure his wife got the wedding she wanted and I seriously doubt that consumed every cell in his body.It was something that ADDED to him as he added to her,it's not something that should take away from either one 

I feel like you made my point at: you worked on it for 18 months.

20 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Singers-you think they just woke up one day and could sing????They didn't put an effort in? They also sign CONTRACTS,but did they get an education?.Maybe the NCAA is thinking more about educating people that they are about doling out money?(you know since it's a POST HS organization dedicated to education).If I'm going to college and you are paying me 4 million each year I am there,you can bet your sweet bippy I wont work after I gradutate.Heck for that I may stick around an extra year just for kicks.And BTW Ham some People just get LUCKY or hit on an idea or invention.BTW what you ask of Wentz was HIS decision.it's his life,if he wanted post graduate he would have done that

No it really isn’t all Wentz decision. The NFL and the NCAA set the rules. You can’t enter the draft until you’ve been out of school for three years.

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Whoooo thanks NCAA paid my tuition off the millions you have made off my likeness really costing that program 

7 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2019/6/27/18760378/philadelphia-eagles-pff-espn-report-names-avonte-maddox-x-factor-2019-inside-roster-rank-football

Cox is only one ranked above 90. Brown at 89.2. Based on 2018 when of course you know, most of these guys were playing through injuries or sidelined.

Ertz was robbed. Clearly ranked way too low. I can go on and on...

5 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

As for Pryor, Stoutland said he has the strongest hands of any player he’s ever been around.

"Matt is a unique player because he plays guard and tackle, all sides,” said Stoutland. "There’s no issue there. He’s got long, long arms and his hand strength might be as strong as I ever been around. His hand strength is so strong he gets his hands on you you’re kind of done.

https://footballmaven.io/eagles/news/offensive-line-coach-jeff-stoutland-talks-about-the-depth-behind-his-starters-V7NaH9-j9EWo-0YizFI4oQ/

Loved hearing that from Stout. Pryor l’s hands are so strong he gets hold of you you’re done! Something about the way Stout cuts through the crap and breaks it all down to the core.

This discussion ran away from the facts: the school isn’t going to be paying the kids. Sponsers will pay for the athletes likeness. That means Nike...not Yale footing the bill.

21 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I mean completely different situation now he is what 2-3 years since we released him and he wants to come back think there’s is a great chance we can get he damn cheap maybe not quite vet min. But not much more then that either 

This would be a last second option. Same way I feel about Sproles. Training Camp we need to get as many reps to the young guys. See what we actually have. You’ll never really know until they play at this level. Only so many reps to go around. And reps vs first team isn’t the same as reps vs fourth team. And everything in between. What can you learn by having two outside roster guys going against each other? Maybe we don’t exactly need a Shareef Miller vs Lane Johnson view. But not sure on either side what we learn from a Miller vs Mailata situation. But then if we get injuries or guys show they can’t handle their expected position on the team....then sure I look towards a Barwin or Sproles or....(name your overaged vet at a particular position).