DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Seems like we universally are being ranked as one of the most talented rosters in the league this year. No need to reach for over the hill vets to fill in deep backup roles before TC.

5 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

10 reasons the Eagles will be a dumpster fire this season:

https://www.phillyvoice.com/10-reasons-eagles-will-be-dumpster-fire-season-2019/

Some justified (in a way), but yet weak reasons when TC isn't even upon us.

image.thumb.png.9141e9f254209770e99dc98ab9400a0c.png

A huge change has to occur in the beginning of the game. We just didn’t get points on the board in the first quarter enough. And it’s fair to criticize the coaching and game plan on that.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

This would be a last second option. Same way I feel about Sproles. Training Camp we need to get as many reps to the young guys. See what we actually have. You’ll never really know until they play at this level. Only so many reps to go around. And reps vs first team isn’t the same as reps vs fourth team. And everything in between. What can you learn by having two outside roster guys going against each other? Maybe we don’t exactly need a Shareef Miller vs Lane Johnson view. But not sure on either side what we learn from a Miller vs Mailata situation. But then if we get injuries or guys show they can’t handle their expected position on the team....then sure I look towards a Barwin or Sproles or....(name your overaged vet at a particular position).

If Barwin comes in he will be competing for the 4th job like the rest if the young guns can’t do enough to earn more reps then him during camp likely means they don’t deserve it....To me Barwin is the bar we should want them to pass.....To me it is a win-win all around....

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Ertz was robbed. Clearly ranked way too low. I can go on and on...

Ertz, Alston, Bradham and Lane off the top of that empty can on my neck.

2 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I mean completely different situation now he is what 2-3 years since we released him and he wants to come back think there’s is a great chance we can get he damn cheap maybe not quite vet min. But not much more then that either 

NP at the right price.I'd take him back

I feel like you made my point at: you worked on it for 18 months.

Didn't change who I was,thats my point,it didn't consume my life at all. if Wentz can't handle the stress of getting married,he is in the wrong biz and I seriously doubt it had any affect at all

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

No it really isn’t all Wentz decision. The NFL and the NCAA set the rules. You can’t enter the draft until you’ve been out of school for three years.

LMAO OH someone else he decided he should play football instead of doing post graduate work? WOW

3 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Whoooo thanks NCAA paid my tuition off the millions you have made off my likeness really costing that program 

And for every scholar they pay for there are many(most) thats likeness is NOT used and that is an EXPENSE for them.Please, your talking about 1 guy out of an entire student body,but yeah lets change it all for possibly 5-10 guys(if that) any given year

Seems like we universally are being ranked as one of the most talented rosters in the league this year. No need to reach for over the hill vets to fill in deep backup roles before TC.

Oh so you will guarantee in writing that the new kids on the block will just dominate?

Loved hearing that from Stout. Pryor l’s hands are so strong he gets hold of you you’re done! Something about the way Stout cuts through the crap and breaks it all down to the core.

So why isn't he starting?????

This would be a last second option. Same way I feel about Sproles. Training Camp we need to get as many reps to the young guys. See what we actually have. You’ll never really know until they play at this level. Only so many reps to go around. And reps vs first team isn’t the same as reps vs fourth team. And everything in between. What can you learn by having two outside roster guys going against each other? Maybe we don’t exactly need a Shareef Miller vs Lane Johnson view. But not sure on either side what we learn from a Miller vs Mailata situation. But then if we get injuries or guys show they can’t handle their expected position on the team....then sure I look towards a Barwin or Sproles or....(name your overaged vet at a particular position).

He will play for someone,he's allowing 2 weeks and gave the Eagles first shot,but you'll wait? Why not lock in a solid BU even in a relief role if the price is right?Also a mentor to the young guys

Yeah Brady sucks,he needs to go.So does Brees.Get lost Rivers.Just WAY over the hill.They need to go!!!!Peters sucks too!! Anyone over 25 sucks.They are just too old!!

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

If Barwin comes in he will be competing for the 4th job like the rest if the young guns can’t do enough to earn more reps then him during camp likely means they don’t deserve it....To me Barwin is the bar we should want them to pass.....To me it is a win-win all around....

Mark your calendar-we agree on something HAHAHAHA

BTW,no hurry,but I still would like a vet G BU picked up somewhere because IMO thats the position with the most ? marks

A huge change has to occur in the beginning of the game. We just didn’t get points on the board in the first quarter enough. And it’s fair to criticize the coaching and game plan on that.

Good point. That was the biggest factor that I saw. Didn't like though how the article was saying the Birds will be a dumpster fire this season by giving so many lame reasons basing most of it on things that were uncontrollable in '18. I found this one super sorry:

10) The Eagles only have one training camp practice open to the public

The Eagles have never won a Super Bowl in a season in which they had fewer than two training camp practices open to the public.

Ok, Jimmy. What are you? A wizard? Yeah, I'm sure the number of open TC practices are in direct correlation to whether they'll win another SB or not LOL

Just now, EaglesTD123 said:

Good point. That was the biggest factor that I saw. Didn't like though how the article was saying the Birds will be a dumpster fire this season by giving so many lame reasons basing most of it on things that were uncontrollable in '18. I found this one super sorry:

Ok, Jimmy. What are you? A wizard? Yeah, I'm sure the number of open TC practices are in direct correlation to whether they'll win another SB or not LOL

He bashed every team,did our own last.He's looking at possible negativities from a truly negative point of view(as biased as possible)aka worst possible case scenarios

Whoooo thanks NCAA paid my tuition off the millions you have made off my likeness really costing that program 

So lets see.when you turned 18/19 you got your dream job right then and never had to work at your craft nor work your way up even though the place you worked for made a profit off your efforts.OK got it.So if you started at McDonalds and they said we want you in our next commercial,then they'd need to pay you 15 million a year for flipping burgers because they used your likeness. 

5 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

doubt he would play for min,if he woulda done that we wouldnt have cut him as a cap casualty

I mean completely different situation now he is what 2-3 years since we released him and he wants to come back think there’s is a great chance we can get he damn cheap maybe not quite vet min. But not much more then that either 

He played last year for the Giants for 2 mil. I think he would be open to a fairly cheap contract since last year was the worst year of his career. He did play a backup role but had 3 starts and only had 1 sack and 1 TFL. 

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

So why isn't he starting?????

What chance in a game has he ever received? Maybe...just maybe if he got an opportunity he would succeed. Happens all the time. But he was behind a bunch of experience in Johnson, Peters and V. And there is much more in playing T or G than just having incredibly strong hands. Foot quickness so he can get hold of them. Technique. Mental strength to be in the right positions. But we just don’t really know because they haven’t put him out there yet.

Didn't change who I was,thats my point,it didn't consume my life at all. if Wentz can't handle the stress of getting married,he is in the wrong biz and I seriously doubt it had any affect at all

I never really said consume. I more just alluded to that it took away from focus and time working on his craft. Without all that maybe he could have done more. That’s all. Maybe a few less lifts of his fiancé on his newly surgically repaired knee and a few more proper reps of rehab. Not really making it like he forgot all about football or anything. Just the fact that there was other guys out there doing more to prepare for greatness that offseason.

Yeah Brady sucks,he needs to go.So does Brees.Get lost Rivers.Just WAY over the hill.They need to go!!!!Peters sucks too!! Anyone over 25 sucks.They are just too old!!

Now Barwin is comparable to Brady to you? Oh my. I see Barwin as a good guy. Lost a step when he was playing for us years ago so we let him go. Would he be better day one of Training Camp than a rookie? I’m sure. But the young guy won’t get better from the bench. But where could he be if you get him second team reps by the end of the season? I believe in developing some players. 

He will play for someone,he's allowing 2 weeks and gave the Eagles first shot,but you'll wait? Why not lock in a solid BU even in a relief role if the price is right?Also a mentor to the young guys

Do we need another mentor along the Dline? We have Graham and Curry at DE. Cox, Jackson and Jernigan at DT. I’m fine with the amount of veteran mentor ship available.

So lets see.when you turned 18/19 you got your dream job right then and never had to work at your craft nor work your way up even though the place you worked for made a profit off your efforts.OK got it.So if you started at McDonalds and they said we want you in our next commercial,then they'd need to pay you 15 million a year for flipping burgers because they used your likeness. 

Terrible argument you attempted here. But if your likeness made millions for McDonalds then yep!!! Pay the man. I remember Michael Jordan and Larry Bird facing off against each other for a Big Mac. Were they the best Big Mac eaters in the world? No, of coarse not. Using their likeness sold a bunch of cheeseburgers though. And it made it worth it for McDonalds to pay millions to use that commercial during the SB. So if Zion Williamson did the same he shouldn’t be able to get paid? President Obama was at the game just to see him play. Tickets were outrageous to try and get a glimpse of him. How many people tuned in to games that Zion played last season? Bought Duke jerseys? Heck, want to go to Duke in the future because of him? These rules are archaic. Most everybody realizes this. I appreciate the way California is going about it. I believe it’s a solid approach.

But certain jobs are worth more than others. I just posted a list showing plenty of young kids making multiple millions. At 18 flipping burgers at McDs it’s doubtful that’s a path to millions. At 44 after 20 years of flipping burgers at a McDs it’s doubtful that’s a path to millions.