DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Ham he is not begging he is merely giving the Eagles first shot.Like I said if they take him,may be a smart move if these other guys are not fit to BU and play effectively.If they decide they are,he will play elsewhere.he gave the Eagles until TC to decide.Either way is fine with me.I won;t be upset either way.This is BU player we are talking about

Supplemental draft in July.I would take a look at Cullen-LB-Syracuse.Since we don;t normally bust in the regular draft for a LB,here is a chance to pick up a future LB prospect

11 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

On the other side: what’s making college cost so much anyway? It’s out of control.

Well you can start with federally guaranteed student loans.

Colleges know they're gonna get their money so they have no incentive to hold costs down

Many kids would be better off going to a trade school these days.

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Is it a sign of maturing marrying at 24? I really can’t back that sentiment up. Really tons of personal growth happen during your twenties. Plenty of kids think how they know everything at 16 but the twenties you take a huge growth in maturity. Not everybody is the same. But I don’t think most are really ready to settle down like that at 24. It’s actually a big mistake. Probably part of why divorce rates are so high.  Some people marry their high school sweet heart and live happily ever after. Most that’s not the case is my experience. I’d probably suggest words of advice to wait until your 32 to think about marriage. Just my take.

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

So he won’t have to sell his house and that the Eagles look like a big time contender. Well I agree with Mr Barwin. Good reasons why he would want to play here. Not many for why the Eagles would need to sign him up before we got deep into the preseason at least though. Good luck Connor. Seem like a really good guy. Somebody will sign you for cheap to be a small rolled backup.

50 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

Well you can start with federally guaranteed student loans.

Colleges know they're gonna get their money so they have no incentive to hold costs down

Many kids would be better off going to a trade school these days.

Oh and out of state or out of country tuition these colleges slobber all over. In state we think it’s bad but that’s nothing compared to what these oil sheiks kids will pay.

Unbelievable study. A run down town in Kalamazoo Michigan offered free college tuition to any students from that town. Enrollment in college straight out of high school massively went up. But only 38 percent graduated with a bachelors degree. That’s only up from 34 percent before the program started.

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Is it a sign of maturing marrying at 24? I really can’t back that sentiment up. Really tons of personal growth happen during your twenties. Plenty of kids think how they know everything at 16 but the twenties you take a huge growth in maturity. Not everybody is the same. But I don’t think most are really ready to settle down like that at 24. It’s actually a big mistake. Probably part of why divorce rates are so high.  Some people marry their high school sweet heart and live happily ever after. Most that’s not the case is my experience. I’d probably suggest words of advice to wait until your 32 to think about marriage. Just my take.

Okay, at the risk of sticking my foot in my mouth , I am going to state an observation about today's youth. I have two grand kids that will soon be 21 years old. They are both smarter than I was at age 21 but they both have less common sense than I had at their age. I have noticed that situation quite often while observing today's youth. Now, where does your maturity come from? Living your day to day life or from attending college? Mark Twain said, "some people get an education without going to college and the rest get it after they get out." Smart man that Mr. Twain. I always felt that real maturity was having the necessary life skills that allow you to thrive in any and all situations whether they were obtained by going to college or otherwise. 

I went back to school when I was 33. The kids were wearing bell bottoms, well flares, and actually heard some Grateful Dead. I toured w/ the Dead yrs ago, these kids did not understand the Dead. Every generation since ours ( born in '58) has had less and less common sense. Is it common sense or experience? They are so protected now they don't get to experience real life. Real life - meaning you screw up there's no reset like in a video game, you pay the consequences. They also don't understand the effects of their actions, something we all understood at an early age. They can't even think before they hit "send". Not that they are all like that. I'm happy to be associated with a group of kids who, although overprotected, can actually think "and everything".

9 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Wow so he’s been begging Rosie for a job. I haven’t heard anything about him signing a contract. That’s telling in itself. I don’t need to take anything up with anybody. Sounds like Rosie has the same thoughts as me on this matter. 

By the way I bumped into Rosie and told him that I wanted a job as a depth QB. Must mean I’m signing soon. Look out!!! It’s down to me or Brett Favre...on the short list of guys that want a job with the organization but aren’t getting it.

'Hahahahaha .... Funny 😂 

22 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Oh so you will guarantee in writing that the new kids on the block will just dominate?

They were playing at the Wells Fargo Center Thursday night... I think my wife and every woman between 35-45 in the Philly area went to see them.

22 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Good point. That was the biggest factor that I saw. Didn't like though how the article was saying the Birds will be a dumpster fire this season by giving so many lame reasons basing most of it on things that were uncontrollable in '18. I found this one super sorry:

Ok, Jimmy. What are you? A wizard? Yeah, I'm sure the number of open TC practices are in direct correlation to whether they'll win another SB or not LOL

Isn't the whole article supposed to be sarcasm????  Like he is supposed to reach for excuses to argue the other side?   I've seen him on TV, he likes the Eagles as a very good team this year.

20 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I never really said consume.. WithI more just alluded to that it took away from focus and time working on his craftout all that maybe he could have done more. That’s all. Maybe a few less lifts of his fiancé on his newly surgically repaired knee and a few more proper reps of rehab. Not really making it like he forgot all about football or anything. Just the fact that there was other guys out there doing more to prepare for greatness that offseason.

Stretch on the first 2 points ....  but yes on the last one ... BECAUSE HE HAD AN INJURED KNEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    He had to rehab instead of focus 100% on football.     Yes, the work matters.    Football work that he didn't put in with his teammates because of the knee, not the color of the napkins, which chicken to put as a choice, the choice of song for the first dance, or where Aunt Helen sat.... he was recovering from major F $%& ing knee surgery!    Stop already, he wasn't the first guy ever to get married, perhaps you obsess more than the normal male on these types of things????     I did a lot of my planning as well ... still didn't effect my real work ... don't think it changed his rehab schedule ... nor do I think lifting  a bride a couple of times matters... lol    some people can actually walk and chew gum at the same time.  

10 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

By the way I bumped into Rosie and told him that I wanted a job as a depth QB. Must mean I’m signing soon. Look out!!! It’s down to me or Brett Favre...on the short list of guys that want a job with the organization but aren’t getting it.

I'll take you over Favre... unless you had to plan a birthday party this offseason which would have distracted you from focusing on football?  

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

Isn't the whole article supposed to be sarcasm????  Like he is supposed to reach for excuses to argue the other side?   I've seen him on TV, he likes the Eagles as a very good team this year.

I was in a 'mood' that day and completely misread it. Thank you for bringing it to my attention JIC though Joe.

12 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

Ham, I am not an authority on this but have made some observations on a number of things. First, When I graduated back when the T-Rexes roamed the planet, it took most students 4 years to get a 4 year degree. Some less than 4 years. The latest figures show now that the average time it takes a student to get a 4 year degree is 5 1/2 years. So if you are borrowing the money and living on campus, that is a substantial increase in tuition. Second, in a lot of cases, kids are picking costlier universities to attend than what they actually need because they feel it will get them a better job opportunity when they graduate. We shouldn't judge education by how much we pay for it. Private schools are not exactly better than public schools. It's the value of education not the price of education that should be focused on. Think of Bill Gates and Steve Jobs. They found a Harvard education worthless. That example should give you a hint about the true value of education. In my own life, I currently have two grand kids attending USF and both of them are currently ahead of schedule and will graduate in 3 1/2 years. Both decided to commute rather than live on campus and purchase a meal ticket. Both decided they can wait to party until after they get their degrees and the most important thing of all is that both are paying for their educations themselves instead of Mom and Dad. It is surprising how mature you get in a hurry when you are footing the bill. LOL 

I bet you're proud to call them your grand kids, aren't you! ?

We shouldn't judge education by how much we pay for it.

Unfortunately, this a downfall I like to refer to as 'keeping up with the Jone's' on part of the human race. Also related is people judging others for how they look, dress, act, talk, etc.

I agree with you 100%. It's not the cost of education, but rather the merit of the enlightenment.

12 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Professors salaries,maintaining buildings,buying new equpipment, research costs at major universities,the HYPE that "everyone needs to go to college"(which is BS BTW),businesses demanding college graduates for menial jobs that really don't require it,cost of books,tools for students

YES! There are many careers that can be obtained through vocational education provided by public schooling.

9 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yeah basically it's a sign you have settled down,sewn whatever wild oats already-unless you are Miley Cyrus

9 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah basically it's a sign you have settled down,sewn whatever wild oats already-unless you are Miley Cyrus

I was married at 22,bought a house at 24.All my friends did the same.Guess we were a "weird" generation of responsible young adults and that can't possibly apply now 

24 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

YES! There are many careers that can be obtained through vocational education provided by public schooling.

Buddy is the head mechanic at a Mazda dealership.He makes over 150k a year,full bennies.His son went to college and can't find a job.Who's the "smart one" here?