DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

7 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I was married at 22,bought a house at 24.All my friends did the same.Guess we were a "weird" generation of responsible young adults and that can't possibly apply now 

Buying things doesn’t make you mature. Not long after I was 18 I was living on my own and paying my own bills for the rest of my life. But I learned so many life lessons and so much about myself in my twenties. Big personal growth years are your twenties. That’s my opinion anyway. I’m glad you got married at 22 and bought a house at 24 and that all worked out fantastic for you. The buying of properties has always seemed like a good idea the earlier you can do it with the way property values have continued to climb. I’ve always thought back and wish I could have invested more in certain areas when I was even younger. Be set now for sure if I could have managed it. Responsible isn’t equal to mature though. I still learn and grow to this day. I don’t think many people are ready to get married in the first half of their twenties. Glad you were the exception to the rule.

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Buying things doesn’t make you mature. Not long after I was 18 I was living on my own and paying my own bills for the rest of my life. But I learned so many life lessons and so much about myself in my twenties. Big personal growth years are your twenties. That’s my opinion anyway. I’m glad you got married at 22 and bought a house at 24 and that all worked out fantastic for you. The buying of properties has always seemed like a good idea the earlier you can do it with the way property values have continued to climb. I’ve always thought back and wish I could have invested more in certain areas when I was even younger. Be set now for sure if I could have managed it. Responsible isn’t equal to mature though. I still learn and grow to this day. I don’t think many people are ready to get married in the first half of their twenties. Glad you were the exception to the rule.

Taking on a mortgage doesn't make you mature?? WOW

28 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
10 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Is it a sign of maturing marrying at 24? I really can’t back that sentiment up. Really tons of personal growth happen during your twenties. Plenty of kids think how they know everything at 16 but the twenties you take a huge growth in maturity. Not everybody is the same. But I don’t think most are really ready to settle down like that at 24. It’s actually a big mistake. Probably part of why divorce rates are so high.  Some people marry their high school sweet heart and live happily ever after. Most that’s not the case is my experience. I’d probably suggest words of advice to wait until your 32 to think about marriage. Just my take.

Yeah basically it's a sign you have settled down,sewn whatever wild oats already-unless you are Miley Cyrus

I think there will always be a Yin and Yang to the outcome of this equation just as in everything else.

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Well that's true.Noone should ever stop growing or learning.But to me buying a home is the first step in being responsible for life.having kids would be another one(although we waited for that).back then that was not an exception,we all did it and those I still talk to are still alive and well

17 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Buddy is the head mechanic at a Mazda dealership.He makes over 150k a year,full bennies.His son went to college and can't find a job.Who's the "smart one" here? 

His son? LOL

And so Ham,maybe we differ,thats not a bad thing,it makes us individuals. I still feel that planning a wedding in no way affected Wentz or anyone else I have known.it was additional work,that's true,but anything worthwhile takes effort.And when you are young it doesn't take anything out of you

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Stretch on the first 2 points ....  but yes on the last one ... BECAUSE HE HAD AN INJURED KNEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    He had to rehab instead of focus 100% on football.     Yes, the work matters.    Football work that he didn't put in with his teammates because of the knee, not the color of the napkins, which chicken to put as a choice, the choice of song for the first dance, or where Aunt Helen sat.... he was recovering from major F $%& ing knee surgery!    Stop already, he wasn't the first guy ever to get married, perhaps you obsess more than the normal male on these types of things????     I did a lot of my planning as well ... still didn't effect my real work ... don't think it changed his rehab schedule ... nor do I think lifting  a bride a couple of times matters... lol    some people can actually walk and chew gum at the same time.  

Never said anything about him being the first guy to get married. I just except that life brings distractions. And I think getting married is a big one. Having a child another(especially the first). If your spouse or child(any close family member) became ill and/or pass away. If my child was in the hospital I’d be very distracted from work. But hey if you were the most focused ever in your life on work when getting married and on a honeymoon....that’s you. I just don’t think that’s the norm. And especially not for a young fresh couple(not been dating fifteen years first) like Carson and his wife.

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Taking on a mortgage doesn't make you mature?? WOW

Exactly. I grew and matured so much after I was 24.

Paying bills I’ve done since I became an adult pretty much. That’s responsibility. Fully maturing into a grown man is far more than just that...to me.

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Never said anything about him being the first guy to get married. I just except that life brings distractions. And I think getting married is a big one. Having a child another(especially the first). If your spouse or child(any close family member) became ill and/or pass away. If my child was in the hospital I’d be very distracted from work. But hey if you were the most focused ever in your life on work when getting married and on a honeymoon....that’s you. I just don’t think that’s the norm. And especially not for a young fresh couple(not been dating fifteen years first) like Carson and his wife.

Exactly. I grew and matured so much after I was 24.

Oh I wasn't aware love had a time frame.A child in the hospital would be a distraction,but nowhere close to getting married.That is a joyous event  and can actually make you work better cause you have that "bounce" in your step-JMO

8 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I think there will always be a Yin and Yang to the outcome of this equation just as in everything else.

How about you? Do you feel you had major maturity years in your twenties? You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to. But feel free to chime in.

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Paying bills I’ve done since I became an adult pretty much. That’s responsibility. Fully maturing into a grown man is far more than just that...to me.

Well we can go through 15,000 books to try and find the defintion of maturity which would be an effort in futility.So I will just accept being responsible,being grounded enough to take a bride who is also grounded, as the first signs of maturity which can happen at 19,or 40.Just depends who you are personally

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Well we can go through 15,000 books to try and find the defintion of maturity which would be an effort in futility.So I will just accept being responsible,being grounded enough to take a bride who is also grounded, as the first signs of maturity which can happen at 19,or 40.Just depends who you are personally

I see these kids that think they know everything at 16 all the time. And I try to give them this same wisdom. Just watch how much you grow and learn in your twenties.

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

How about you? Do you feel you had major maturity years in your twenties? You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to. But feel free to chime in.

My level of trustworthiness and respect surged after military discipline. However, I was quite responsible from the time I was 14-15 yrs. old. I had to be. During summer vacation while my parents were at work I had to keep an eye on my brother (6.3 years younger), take care of the cleaning, laundry and have dinner ready when they got home from work. During school, I also had to be up before parents went to work so I could prepare breakfast for my brother and see him off to school. Also had to bring him home from school. Through this I also cleaned the laundromat down the street in the morning, had four yards that I mowed every week (not including ours) and had an evening paper route. When I was 16 I started working at the nearby candy factory cleaning the manufacturing equipment and floors from 5pm-10pm. I bought all of my own school clothes from the time I was 12, which is when I began my paper route. I bought my own car when I was 16 and paid for the expenses that came along with that plus paid for my leisure cost. Regardless of the aforementioned, I wouldn't say I was very 'mature'. I had a ton of wildness, partying, and gasoline a** waiting to be unleashed that started during my military off duty and continued when I was discharged. I took a big step towards maturing at the age of 23 when my son was born. But I don't believe I was what I'd call mature until about 32'ish. To sum it up, I did mature through my twenties. But in very small increments. Now my son, he matured in leaps and bounds way before I did! He enlisted in the Army Reserve when he was 17 and went through TC after his Jr. year of school. After AIT he served 2 tours in Afghanistan and 1 in Bahrain. He saved 40K+ through this time period and bought his own house when he was 25. He was smart and is making a career out of the Army. However the military isn't for everyone. LOL, I hope this somewhat explains my belief in the Yin & Yang factor which I feel is in every aspect of the entire world. This required a moderate amount of memory searching.

Howard and Sanders will dress on gamedays. I keep running through my head how we really only need one more RB to dress on gameday. And that guy has to be a key ST. We have Clement, Smallwood, Pumphrey, Adams and Scott. I’ve never been a believer in Pumphrey. So I’d eliminate him. Clement seems the obvious choice being next in the pecking order at RB. Smallwood brings the all around RB game but seems very limited in potential. Adams seems like the best pure rusher of the group. But I keep thinking that Scott could be that sleeper that steals the job. With Howard and Sanders it’s clear the third back has to be a pass catcher. That rules out Adams. As a pure rusher he has to beat out Howard or Sanders for the running plays. I don’t think that happens. Clement is injured and hasn’t shown too much as a pass catching back. I believe he can do it but this situation puts him in jeopardy. So then much comes down to can Scott beat out Smallwood? Especially in the passing game. And can Scott win the returner job? I believe these two things are possible. Making Scott the third and last RB to dress on gameday.

Ham, you'll have to refresh my memory here. Wasn't Clement productive in the passing game in 2017 and '18 before he was injured?

You can say that I directly took after 33⅓% of my father's brothers of whom were near the same age as him and one the youngest. I believe part of this is in genetic make up. The rest? One factor I can think of at this moment would have to be peer groups.

5 days talking about a wedding really lol I never thought a wedding would be a topic on here. Yet here you guys are 5 days later still talking about it wedding lol

Here's something new but old too.

Yannhttps://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/29/no-signs-of-progress-for-jaguars-yannick-ngakoue/

Could he be available for trade he is still not signed and obviously unhappy at the time. 

2 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

5 days talking about a wedding really lol I never thought a wedding would be a topic on here. Yet here you guys are 5 days later still talking about it wedding lol

LOL, This is just a sample of some of the crap that happens as you reach a certain age and begin to reflect on your life and life in general. Like what were my positives and negatives? How did I compare with others? What could I have done to improve in areas where others succeeded? So forth and so on. Much of it could end as a mystery.

26 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Ham, you'll have to refresh my memory here. Wasn't Clement productive in the passing game in 2017 and '18 before he was injured?

I don’t think Clement caught any passes until he went over 100 yards receiving in the SB. 

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I don’t think Clement caught any passes until he went over 100 yards receiving in the SB. 

Thanks! Sorry I'm too lazy to even go web searching LOL. Worked on my street rod today with the generous help of my son and got it inspected/on the road for the first time since the end of the 2015 summer. Wanted to go cruising afterwards around 7pm, but the rain pissed on my parade. I had to race to my garage to avoid a possible (in my view) catastrophe. Now I'm so wound up knowing it's gonna be nice out tomorrow, well today actually lol, and I'll be able to shirk some.

6 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

Here's something new but old too.

Yannhttps://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/29/no-signs-of-progress-for-jaguars-yannick-ngakoue/

Could he be available for trade he is still not signed and obviously unhappy at the time. 

How much cap space do the Eagles have remaining? I think the Jags love the guy  but got themselves into a little cap problems. Time will tell.

1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:

How much cap space do the Eagles have remaining? I think the Jags love the guy  but got themselves into a little cap problems. Time will tell.

We have a good amount of cap space available still. I believe it’s near 17 mil available for 2019. 2020 we don’t have any available though.

1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:

We currently have 21 million in cap space. 

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

We have a good amount of cap space available still. I believe it’s near 17 mil available for 2019. 2020 we don’t have any available though.

We have 5 million in 2020 but a lot of room to rework deals that need to be done (Cox, Bradham, Jenkins and Jeffrey come to mind) or trim fat that isn't living up to expectations.

58 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

We currently have 21 million in cap space. 

We have 5 million in 2020 but a lot of room to rework deals that need to be done (Cox, Bradham, Jenkins and Jeffrey come to mind) or trim fat that isn't living up to expectations.

And we can assume the cap number will rise next season