DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Tobias/Jimmy- I honestly felt Tobias was a better fit with Ben/Joel....Still sucks losing Jimmy after what we gave up for him(atleast we getting something back in return though)

JJ- going to miss his shooting need guys that can space out our O....Richardson solid but not at JJ caliber.....On the flip side though Richardson is WAY!!!!!!! Better defender not a liability like JJ was

Al Horford- seemed like a steep price for a guy his age somewhat question how he fits in with Joel/Ben on the O end....

On paper at least seems like our D should be way better next season still wondering what our O will look like....

1 hour ago, downwithdallas said:

Who seems cheap enough? Yannick Ngakoue would want a new contract if we traded for him. He has had 29.5 sacks 29 TFL 70 QB hits 10 FF 2 FR 1 Int in his first 3 years. He won't be cheap at all he is arguably one of of the best young DE in the game if not the best.

The Jaguars have a lot of players that they need resigned including Jalen Ramsey, Myles Jack, Yannick Ngakoue and Marcell Darius. Plus they just drafted Josh Allen who could come in and fill his hole immediately. 

To be completely honest I would take any of the 3 young guys. Ramsey, Jack or Ngakoue. I would obviously prefer Ngakoue pairing him with Barnett for the future would be huge. Ramsey would be a dream come true in our secondary too especially if Jones or someone else can step up this year and become a starter outside. Jack would be the least appealing but even having him would be a huge upgrade in our LB room and he is the youngest of all of them only 23.

16 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

I would obviously prefer Ngakoue pairing him with Barnett for the future would be huge

He is the player that's threatening to hold out if he doesn't get a new deal also. Next year we could cut/trade Graham with a post June 1st designation and he would count nothing against the cap. Making it a clean transition so it doesn't hurt us in the process and gives him a year in our system to learn it before being forced to be the complete starter and could work him in slowly. 

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Per USA today we are SB favorites :()

Nice!  That's all great, but I just hope we don't get jinxed (lol) and end up with the injury bug again.

2 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Tobias/Jimmy- I honestly felt Tobias was a better fit with Ben/Joel....Still sucks losing Jimmy after what we gave up for him(atleast we getting something back in return though)

JJ- going to miss his shooting need guys that can space out our O....Richardson solid but not at JJ caliber.....On the flip side though Richardson is WAY!!!!!!! Better defender not a liability like JJ was

Al Horford- seemed like a steep price for a guy his age somewhat question how he fits in with Joel/Ben on the O end....

On paper at least seems like our D should be way better next season still wondering what our O will look like....

The offense will be better.  Richardson offers more than JJ there too.  Horford can score from inside and out... offers legit back up minutes at center too, very underrated aspect he brings.   Defensively, we haven't seen this type of lineup here in probably 35 plus years... Harris is the weak link and he is about average defensively.   The last two 1st round draft picks offer top athleticism, Scott is pretty gritty defensively too.  Team is much better suited forthe playoffs!!!  The key now is the two young stars, cn they take the next step.  

1 hour ago, downwithdallas said:

He is the player that's threatening to hold out if he doesn't get a new deal also. Next year we could cut/trade Graham with a post June 1st designation and he would count nothing against the cap. Making it a clean transition so it doesn't hurt us in the process and gives him a year in our system to learn it before being forced to be the complete starter and could work him in slowly. 

Not sure about the post June cuts for next year.... for some reason I think they can't do that ... per the CBA... last year etc.    Also, I think something in the contract of Graham if he is on roster or they pick up his option like the first week of the new season...etc.  Forget the details???    But either way, I don't think they will cut Graham... I think he retires here.   

35 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

The offense will be better.  Richardson offers more than JJ there too.  Horford can score from inside and out... offers legit back up minutes at center too, very underrated aspect he brings.   Defensively, we haven't seen this type of lineup here in probably 35 plus years... Harris is the weak link and he is about average defensively.   The last two 1st round draft picks offer top athleticism, Scott is pretty gritty defensively too.  Team is much better suited forthe playoffs!!!  The key now is the two young stars, cn they take the next step.  

Excited none the less a championship to Philly will rely heavily on the two young studs....Can’t have Joel limping in the playoffs again and dealing with illnesses.....Ben for the great things he can do still needs to put the work in and add to his game what a huge difference it would make for this 6ers team if he just added a respectable mid-range game 

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

Not sure about the post June cuts for next year.... for some reason I think they can't do that ... per the CBA... last year etc.    Also, I think something in the contract of Graham if he is on roster or they pick up his option like the first week of the new season...etc.  Forget the details???    But either way, I don't think they will cut Graham... I think he retires here.   

Nvm I read it wrong it will be 0 cap savings and 13 million cap hit I hate how some of these sites have things displayed. I should stick to OTC for my cap questions. If we trade him though it is a 10 million cap savings post June 1st.

6 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Nice!  That's all great, but I just hope we don't get jinxed (lol) and end up with the injury bug again.

I'd rather fly under the radar.

Old habits die hard.

5 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I love me some BG but the team comes first imo.

36 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

Old habits die hard.

Got that right! After so many years of watching our fave team get close enough to a championship that they could smell it, but yet come up short had become (until after SB LII) the same old song and dance.

50 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

Old habits die hard.

Once you win the SB your flying under the radar is over(until you suck again lol)

21 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

Nvm I read it wrong it will be 0 cap savings and 13 million cap hit I hate how some of these sites have things displayed. I should stick to OTC for my cap questions. If we trade him though it is a 10 million cap savings post June 1st.

I like OTC because they don't rush to put in the wrong info.   I keep finding new stuff on ther eevery time I look too.  

As for Graham ... he's a Lurie, Howie guy.... dog likes him too .... I don't see them trading him at all.  He is a heart and soul type guy.  

23 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Excited none the less a championship to Philly will rely heavily on the two young studs....Can’t have Joel limping in the playoffs again and dealing with illnesses.....Ben for the great things he can do still needs to put the work in and add to his game what a huge difference it would make for this 6ers team if he just added a respectable mid-range game 

I think differently ... I think he needs to add a post game.  8 feet and in.   His issue is if he can't use his athleticism to go past or over a guy, he has no basketball skill to pivot around, spin , duck under ...etc. to be able to manipulate his way to or near the basket.   If he can force a double team near the basket or else score every time on the little guy ... and gets it in his head he can go get fouled at crunch time so he can handle the ball... then we will be in great shape, even without any jump shot.    " Yeah but they can pack in the defense"  yes they can NOW, because he has no skills to get around a guy like a normal post player would.    Let them pack it in, then when he learns to manilulate his way past one guy to get a little closer to hoop to finish... ie turn the 8 footer into a 4 footer... then no need for the outside shot.  

July 1st, Agholor’s name has come up in recent months as an intriguing piece of trade bait. He has been linked in a speculative deal to acquire Jalen Ramsey from the Jaguars, and rumors ratcheted up when the Eagles used a second-round pick on rookie J.J. Arcega-Whiteside. NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport mentioned in April that many NFL teams viewed Agholor as available for the right price. The Eagles could have worked out a contract extension for the 26-year-old prior to June 1 and potentially saved about $6.8 million, according to Over The Cap. Taking it a step further, the move would have given Agholor a huge vote of confidence that he was a part of their long-term plans. That didn’t happen. Just thought I would throw that out there since it was a slow day!

NFL free agents still unsigned as of July 1:

Jay Ajayi
Michael Crabtree
Pierre Garcon
Jermey Parnell
John Sullivan
Nick Perry
Corey Liuget
Muhammad Wilkerson
Tom Johnson
Manti Te’o
Morris Claiborne
Eric Berry
Tre Boston
Matt Bryant

6 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

NFL free agents still unsigned as of July 1:

Jay Ajayi
Michael Crabtree
Pierre Garcon
Jermey Parnell
John Sullivan
Nick Perry
Corey Liuget
Muhammad Wilkerson
Tom Johnson
Manti Te’o
Morris Claiborne
Eric Berry
Tre Boston
Matt Bryant

I was intrigued with Tre Boston a long time ago.IDK if he's competition for what we already have,could be a useful BU

7 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I like OTC because they don't rush to put in the wrong info.   I keep finding new stuff on ther eevery time I look too.  

As for Graham ... he's a Lurie, Howie guy.... dog likes him too .... I don't see them trading him at all.  He is a heart and soul type guy.  

Howie is also a numbers guy and he wouldn't have made a contract with an option like that in year 2 if he didn't think it possible to be only a 1 year deal. I'm not saying we will but their is that option.

I guess NIKE is going to be stuck with a couple pair of sneakers. Couldn't happen to a nicer company.

It's been said that Nike has single-handedly lowered the human rights standards for the sole purpose of maximizing profits. And Nike products have become synonymous with slave wages, forced overtime, and arbitrary abuse. One columnist said, "Nike represents not only everything that's wrong with sports but everything that's wrong with the world. This is the company Kaepernick signed with to further his human rights cause.

On this upcoming 4th of July lets remember another saying from Mark Twain. "Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."  LOL

18 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Yes, much better leadership than the outspoken Bennett types. Long has a dominant personality as well. Long is a great guy. But putting everything on the line for football wasn’t his agenda.

2 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

I guess NIKE is going to be stuck with a couple pair of sneakers. Couldn't happen to a nicer company.

It's been said that Nike has single-handedly lowered the human rights standards for the sole purpose of maximizing profits. And Nike products have become synonymous with slave wages, forced overtime, and arbitrary abuse. One columnist said, "Nike represents not only everything that's wrong with sports but everything that's wrong with the world. This is the company Kaepernick signed with to further his human rights cause.

On this upcoming 4th of July lets remember another saying from Mark Twain. "Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."  LOL

My Adidas are just fine

34 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

My Adidas are just fine

So are my New Balance! LOL

3 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

I think it is completely ridiculous them pulling the Betsy Ross American Flag shoes because they are a reminder of "oppression" to African Americans. I think it should be a reminder of how far our country has come. We are 1 of 28 countries in the world that do not have some form of slavery. Out of the 195 countries 167 of them still have slavery. Racism will always exist it is a very unfortunate thing but it will never go away. White, black, yellow, purple or green I don't care. There will always be people that don't see eye to eye. We have a choice on how we handle it though. We can turn the other cheek or we can fight it. We can teach our kids to be better people and move on or we can teach them to fight and keep stirring the same pot that has been stirring for generations. If you show a bully he has no power over you, he will move on. It is the reaction he thrives on and if you don't give him the reaction he wants he will get bored. If you fuel his fire though it burns brighter and stronger and can get out of control. 

40 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

I think it is completely ridiculous them pulling the Betsy Ross American Flag shoes because they are a reminder of "oppression" to African Americans. I think it should be a reminder of how far our country has come. We are 1 of 28 countries in the world that do not have some form of slavery. Out of the 195 countries 167 of them still have slavery. Racism will always exist it is a very unfortunate thing but it will never go away. White, black, yellow, purple or green I don't care. There will always be people that don't see eye to eye. We have a choice on how we handle it though. We can turn the other cheek or we can fight it. We can teach our kids to be better people and move on or we can teach them to fight and keep stirring the same pot that has been stirring for generations. If you show a bully he has no power over you, he will move on. It is the reaction he thrives on and if you don't give him the reaction he wants he will get bored. If you fuel his fire though it burns brighter and stronger and can get out of control. 

Lets also not forget that Nike uses basically slave labor to produce their products.

I'd say their social concern is just a little bit dishonest.

54 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

So are my New Balance! LOL

Glad I dont need body armor cause I wouldn't buy that either