DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

58 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

I think it is completely ridiculous them pulling the Betsy Ross American Flag shoes because they are a reminder of "oppression" to African Americans. I think it should be a reminder of how far our country has come. We are 1 of 28 countries in the world that do not have some form of slavery. Out of the 195 countries 167 of them still have slavery. Racism will always exist it is a very unfortunate thing but it will never go away. White, black, yellow, purple or green I don't care. There will always be people that don't see eye to eye. We have a choice on how we handle it though. We can turn the other cheek or we can fight it. We can teach our kids to be better people and move on or we can teach them to fight and keep stirring the same pot that has been stirring for generations. If you show a bully he has no power over you, he will move on. It is the reaction he thrives on and if you don't give him the reaction he wants he will get bored. If you fuel his fire though it burns brighter and stronger and can get out of control. 

Kap,a has been,noone wants, who was missing his 5 minutes of fame.Nike can KMA(so can Kap and the rappin hoe).IDK I don't recall my great grand parents,grandparent,parents,or my self even owning a slave.Perhaps reparations should be to native Americans. Kap's "kneel" was based on police brutality.That is the job of each cities mayor,not the US govt.Therefore if he wants to protest,then do it in the city of your choice,not on a football field,or a US sponsored international team.Kap had the silver spoon all his life.He has no voice in being oppressed.He should be kneeling to protest Nike's own policies over slave labor abroad,instead of bashing the country that allowed him to have everything most never have.

1 hour ago, ASG15 said:

Lets also not forget that Nike uses basically slave labor to produce their products.

I'd say their social concern is just a little bit dishonest.

No kidding where is his concern for the sweat shop workers that get paid peanuts to work all day in horrible work conditions that get beat or not fed/paid if they make mistakes or don't work fast enough. I believe that was exactly what was going on to the slaves in America, that he is now saying that a Flag that had nothing to do with it is a symbol of oppression. 

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
3 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

I think it is completely ridiculous them pulling the Betsy Ross American Flag shoes because they are a reminder of "oppression" to African Americans. I think it should be a reminder of how far our country has come. We are 1 of 28 countries in the world that do not have some form of slavery. Out of the 195 countries 167 of them still have slavery. Racism will always exist it is a very unfortunate thing but it will never go away. White, black, yellow, purple or green I don't care. There will always be people that don't see eye to eye. We have a choice on how we handle it though. We can turn the other cheek or we can fight it. We can teach our kids to be better people and move on or we can teach them to fight and keep stirring the same pot that has been stirring for generations. If you show a bully he has no power over you, he will move on. It is the reaction he thrives on and if you don't give him the reaction he wants he will get bored. If you fuel his fire though it burns brighter and stronger and can get out of control. 

Kap,a has been,noone wants, who was missing his 5 minutes of fame.Nike can KMA(so can Kap and the rappin hoe).IDK I don't recall my great grand parents,grandparent,parents,or my self even owning a slave.Perhaps reparations should be to native Americans. Kap's "kneel" was based on police brutality.That is the job of each cities mayor,not the US govt.Therefore if he wants to protest,then do it in the city of your choice,not on a football field,or a US sponsored international team.Kap had the silver spoon all his life.He has no voice in being oppressed.He should be kneeling to protest Nike's own policies over slave labor abroad,instead of bashing the country that allowed him to have everything most never have.

Bravo! 10,000 'likes' each 

The Philadelphia Eagles may have landed one of the steals of undrafted free agency in the form of former Wisconsin linebacker T.J. Edwards. The 6'1", 242-pounder possesses a physical mindset that should mesh perfectly with the Eagles defense.

"Stout four-year starter who shows up and does his job each week as a banger in the box with surprising ball skills to flip the field," NFL.com's Lance Zierlein wrote of Edwards.

Edwards' high motor regularly got him involved for the Badgers. In 2018, he racked up 112 tackles, including 11.5 tackles for loss and three sacks. While he isn't likely to produce those kinds of numbers as a rookie, he should slot in as a backup inside linebacker who can start in a pinch.

—— Bleacher report on best undrafted rookie 

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The Philadelphia Eagles may have landed one of the steals of undrafted free agency in the form of former Wisconsin linebacker T.J. Edwards. The 6'1", 242-pounder possesses a physical mindset that should mesh perfectly with the Eagles defense.

"Stout four-year starter who shows up and does his job each week as a banger in the box with surprising ball skills to flip the field," NFL.com's Lance Zierlein wrote of Edwards.

Edwards' high motor regularly got him involved for the Badgers. In 2018, he racked up 112 tackles, including 11.5 tackles for loss and three sacks. While he isn't likely to produce those kinds of numbers as a rookie, he should slot in as a backup inside linebacker who can start in a pinch.

Yep,been saying for quite awhile that we excel in finding UDFA's and more importantly,nailing them down

The quarterbacks ranked ahead of Wentz on CBS were Pat Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, Andrew Luck, Philip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Ryan, and Deshaun Watson

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

That's my boy I had us drafting him then I picked him to be a UDFA. I'm sticking with him I hope he has great things in store for him.

This is pretty tough for me. I have many things that make me feel like Wentz can be number one. But also look at this list and it’s hard to say those ten aren’t worthy of being ahead of him. But I put Carson ahead of Watson. No disrespect to him. I have him ahead of Ryan. And I honestly feel like he’s ahead of Rothlesberger. Many think he’s a first ballot HOF. I’d take one more step and say he’s better than Rivers also. Rivers main knock is the big game and not winning in the postseason. Wentz hasn’t really done that either. So it might be a bit homer of me to say. But that’s my two cents. Wentz at number 7.

4 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

That's my boy I had us drafting him then I picked him to be a UDFA. I'm sticking with him I hope he has great things in store for him.

I liked him but wasn’t ready to spend a fourth rounder or better on him. Glad he slipped out into free agency. And my confidence in him helps backup my feelings on this possibly being our best LB room ever. The competition is strong this year to produce.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

This is pretty tough for me. I have many things that make me feel like Wentz can be number one. But also look at this list and it’s hard to say those ten aren’t worthy of being ahead of him. But I put Carson ahead of Watson. No disrespect to him. I have him ahead of Ryan. And I honestly feel like he’s ahead of Rothlesberger. Many think he’s a first ballot HOF. I’d take one more step and say he’s better than Rivers also. Rivers main knock is the big game and not winning in the postseason. Wentz hasn’t really done that either. So it might be a bit homer of me to say. But that’s my two cents. Wentz at number 7.

Is that when healthy you put him there or even with his injuries you put him there?

8 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

Is that when healthy you put him there or even with his injuries you put him there?

This season coming up rankings. His durability being a factor.

9 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I liked him but wasn’t ready to spend a fourth rounder or better on him. Glad he slipped out into free agency. And my confidence in him helps backup my feelings on this possibly being our best LB room ever. The competition is strong this year to produce.

I think I did have him as a 4th rd pick. Boy was I wrong there lol. Especially for the value I think we got a steal of a player. I'm pulling for the kid. 

4 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

Hey DWD the next time you have a few free moments, look up photos of President Obama's second inauguration and pay attention to what flags are flying in the back round. Hint, the same one that's on the back of the  NIKE sneakers. I guess the Pres didn't get the memo! LOL

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I think I had him 14th when I made my list. 

17 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

Howie is also a numbers guy and he wouldn't have made a contract with an option like that in year 2 if he didn't think it possible to be only a 1 year deal. I'm not saying we will but their is that option.

The option allows for the increase in salary .... its a way to get around the 30% rule.   Because it needs to be exercised ... not really about getting out of it... although its part of it.... but its a way to get around some of the CBA rules ... while spreading out the cap hits for the signing bonus for 5 years... which includes 3 years into the next CBA .. yet the contract is only a 3 year deal.  

I know you love the guy from Jax, I wouldn't get my hopes up with releasing Graham ... we are seeing how this new regime is treating players that they like ...Graham is one of them.   And they obviously feel he is a stud, considreing the money they put out and who they released at that spot.  Maybe bring in this guy you like in addition... I could see that happening as they would usually get early cap hit down... so keep that option open.  But I wouldn't count on the swap of Graham for anyone.  

8 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

I think I had him 14th when I made my list. 

I'd be curious as to 13 guys who are better.    Now... again, everyone is healthy... because Wentz is better than Brady if Brady is injured ...etc.   You rank guys when they are healthy.    How good they are .... you can make another list as to guys who you would  want because you feel injury will occur.  That's different.   

Either way ... the list that matters is the teams.  For me... I like my QB going forward... regardless of the ONE injury in his career that actually mattered.... the serious knee injury that impacted 2017 & 2018 seasons.    Hopefully we get the stud that proved very durable in taking a lot of hits his first 29 NFL games.  If we get that guy... who also gets a full offseason.   I think he easily gets chance to move up to the top of this list as the older guys drop off... and Mahomes comes back down to earth.  

That's my opinion ... which can't be changed due to anyone else trying to convince me that the knee injury wasn't the factor to why we don't consider Wentz #1 right now.   He was the best along with Wilson and Brady when he got hurt.... Rogers also has been hurt and the Mahomes had his one year ... I think all 5 can legit claim #1 for one reason or another.    Personally I like Brees up there too, and Luck is the other guy.   Those 7 to me are the guys.   Rivers and Benfor career... but not right now... and Ryan to me is in with Ben and Rivers.

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

The option allows for the increase in salary .... its a way to get around the 30% rule.   Because it needs to be exercised ... not really about getting out of it... although its part of it.... but its a way to get around some of the CBA rules ... while spreading out the cap hits for the signing bonus for 5 years... which includes 3 years into the next CBA .. yet the contract is only a 3 year deal.  

I know you love the guy from Jax, I wouldn't get my hopes up with releasing Graham ... we are seeing how this new regime is treating players that they like ...Graham is one of them.   And they obviously feel he is a stud, considreing the money they put out and who they released at that spot.  Maybe bring in this guy you like in addition... I could see that happening as they would usually get early cap hit down... so keep that option open.  But I wouldn't count on the swap of Graham for anyone.  

We couldn't swap Graham this year next year is the year he could be traded. If we brought in Ngakoue I doubt he would be a backup 29.5 sacks in 3 years is not 3rd DE numbers. They make Graham's numbers look bad. Graham averages under 4.5 sacks a year and was a backup most his career. His last 3 years he has had 19 sacks and 47 QB hits 5 FF 38 TFL. Compared to Ngakoue 29.5 sacks 70 QB hits 10 FF and 29 TFL. He has also started every game except his 1st game as a rookie. Graham has only started 16 games twice in his career.

32 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I'd be curious as to 13 guys who are better.    Now... again, everyone is healthy... because Wentz is better than Brady if Brady is injured ...etc.   You rank guys when they are healthy.    How good they are .... you can make another list as to guys who you would  want because you feel injury will occur.  That's different.   

Either way ... the list that matters is the teams.  For me... I like my QB going forward... regardless of the ONE injury in his career that actually mattered.... the serious knee injury that impacted 2017 & 2018 seasons.    Hopefully we get the stud that proved very durable in taking a lot of hits his first 29 NFL games.  If we get that guy... who also gets a full offseason.   I think he easily gets chance to move up to the top of this list as the older guys drop off... and Mahomes comes back down to earth.  

That's my opinion ... which can't be changed due to anyone else trying to convince me that the knee injury wasn't the factor to why we don't consider Wentz #1 right now.   He was the best along with Wilson and Brady when he got hurt.... Rogers also has been hurt and the Mahomes had his one year ... I think all 5 can legit claim #1 for one reason or another.    Personally I like Brees up there too, and Luck is the other guy.   Those 7 to me are the guys.   Rivers and Benfor career... but not right now... and Ryan to me is in with Ben and Rivers.

First off durability was a factor in the ratings.

50 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I had Stafford, Prescott and Newton plus the 10 already mentioned. 

33 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

First off durability was a factor in the ratings.

I had Stafford, Prescott and Newton plus the 10 already mentioned. 

Seriously Prescott?

Without Zeke to bail him out he's a dog.

Good luck to the mighty womens' soccer team Sunday!

This 15 yr old American tennis player Gauff - OMG! Wish her the best as well.

Who says the OS has to be boring? At least I'm not watching baseball!

56 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

Seriously Prescott?

Without Zeke to bail him out he's a dog.

And Wentz without his team around him is nothing as well. Plus Dak has proven to be healthy and Wentz hasn't. I take a QB on the field before one on the sidelines almost every time. 

Come to good ole Cape Cod, if the sharks don't getcha, the flesh eating bacteria will.

Spending the day tomorrow setting up the pool and avoiding not being able to make a left hand turn.

Don't thing we ever had a prob at the lakes in PA

1) Unless Cam suddenly matures, he's still a headcase

2) Dak doesn't suck, he's avg

3) I wish the best for Foles, but his coaches better be able to adapt to him, not the other way around.

4) Sure, unless Wentz decides to be a team player and only sacrifice himself when it's absolutely needed, odds are he won't complete a season - ever! Like Wentz, we really need a good b/u QB.

Now that all the OS Eagles questions are answered - GO USA WOMEN!

DWD I can see you making a case for Cam. He has been MVP I believe. Had some huge moments of carrying his team. Stafford has put up some huge numbers on the way to nowhere. But you can make some argument for him at least. You are pretty much the only one(Skip Bayless aside) that would mention Dak in the top 15. He hasn’t been injured. I’ll give you that. But look at his stats on third downs and key situations....terrible. If you need him to make a play...expect struggles. You need your eyes checked. Carson is a heck of a player. Your judgement is under question now after that comment.