DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

33 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

It's about the same time I remember starting to watch.... over the years seeing all these hall of fame QBs play for other teams.  Smart guys. Changing plays... accurate passers, obsessive work ethics, etc.

How old were you when you started becoming a die-hard?  I was almost 12. Had to watch the game in my parent's room on the 13" TV, UGH! LOL, a time of rampant jealousy for me that escalated over the many pitiful years after watching all of the teams with their golden boy under center. I'm glad I could finally ditch that baggage. It felt like a never ending roller coaster ride. I was crushed after SB XV and then had my heart ripped out again after SB XXXIX. If every Eagles' fan doesn't admit some level of being bitter I don't see how they could be telling the complete truth.

On 7/1/2019 at 1:45 PM, BleedingGreen93 said:

Tobias/Jimmy- I honestly felt Tobias was a better fit with Ben/Joel....Still sucks losing Jimmy after what we gave up for him(atleast we getting something back in return though)

JJ- going to miss his shooting need guys that can space out our O....Richardson solid but not at JJ caliber.....On the flip side though Richardson is WAY!!!!!!! Better defender not a liability like JJ was

Al Horford- seemed like a steep price for a guy his age somewhat question how he fits in with Joel/Ben on the O end....

On paper at least seems like our D should be way better next season still wondering what our O will look like....

I love the job Brand is doing . Jimmy Butler was AllDat in the playoffs....but Jimmy been wanting Miami since he was in Minnesota,  If you only here for the money.... Enjoy Miami Jimmy and thanks. Love Riddick awesome shot maker but was taken advantage of as a defensive liability Richardson is Butler 2.0 on Defense. I hated Al Horford and his defensive dominance over our young guns, Masterful move creating our Triple towers and Yea on paper with Scott , Ennis ,Thybulle,  This could be a Championship roster... My Biggest ?? IS Brett Brown up to the task turning this roster into a Champion.???.

On 7/1/2019 at 4:35 PM, joemas6 said:

The offense will be better.  Richardson offers more than JJ there too.  Horford can score from inside and out... offers legit back up minutes at center too, very underrated aspect he brings.   Defensively, we haven't seen this type of lineup here in probably 35 plus years... Harris is the weak link and he is about average defensively.   The last two 1st round draft picks offer top athleticism, Scott is pretty gritty defensively too.  Team is much better suited forthe playoffs!!!  The key now is the two young stars, cn they take the next step.  

Really like the the Defensive potential of this new Five. It will be interesting to see how Brett Brown adjusts to the quicker smaller Power forwards and Centers vs the size of Horford / Embiid, Still a nice matchup problem to have Harris may not be a stalwart Defensively

So many questions about Carson. I have watched Wentz 2017 highlights at least 5 times this offseason.... Ohhhh boooooy If that is the Qb that shows up this year, SB, League MVP and SB MVP are possible. I don’t think I can say that about any Eagle QB EVER. Carson is a much better QB than Dak damm the availability metrics. My eye test says so. SSS sooo many dismiss the fact that Prescott arrived in Dallas to a ready made team. Sure hope Jerry pays Dak, he deserves a MUCH BIGGER Contract than Wentz,hehehehe.Wentz arrived to a much less talented Eagle roster and rookie HC. Foles is history, Wentz era is here All better embrace him Gimmeee more Wentz I just used the EMB's #1 Cliché please Hahahaha Wentz is gonna shut people up this year.

3 hours ago, trini said:

So many questions about Carson. I have watched Wentz 2017 highlights at least 5 times this offseason.... Ohhhh boooooy If that is the Qb that shows up this year, SB, League MVP and SB MVP are possible. I don’t think I can say that about any Eagle QB EVER. Carson is a much better QB than Dak damm the availability metrics. My eye test says so. SSS sooo many dismiss the fact that Prescott arrived in Dallas to a ready made team. Sure hope Jerry pays Dak, he deserves a MUCH BIGGER Contract than Wentz,hehehehe.Wentz arrived to a much less talented Eagle roster and rookie HC. Foles is history, Wentz era is here All better embrace him Gimmeee more Wentz I just used the EMB's #1 Cliché please Hahahaha Wentz is gonna shut people up this year.

You're great Trini. I love your passion. NEVER say die, LMAO!

12 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

That's right!

• The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.

Doesnt touch they ground in the NFL,however the flag is supposed to be vertical at all times other than when draping the casket of the fallen

7 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I've got a burning passion for the Eagles. Always did, always will. We're living in a blessed time here while the Birds are finally experiencing prosperity. I'm not one to knock this franchise w/o just cause or……LOL, getting to a point of being fed up and discouraged. I'm so grateful that I don't have to listen to so many people cut our team apart and then make a case for why I support them. It would PO me so much that I'd wanna jump down their throat lmao. I feel the long time anguish of Brown's fans and I hope that they're soon able to get the monkey off of their backs.  First for the fans and secondarily because I'm sick of watching Cleveland tank 200 ft. to the bottom of Lake Erie lol.

Lived in Ohio,that made me a Browns fan by default(always been a birdhead but you know what I mean).Only decent team they had was the 1980 Kardiac Kids with Brian Sipe at QB

By Michael Gertz
Over the course of the  NFL season, we have meticulously tracked player snaps and injuries each week throughout the entire league to produce the most accurate team ratings possible. One great side benefit of this process is the ability to analyze how often injuries occur, to whom they occur, and for how long they last. In this article we examine the injury rate over the course of the  NFL season of all players that were on rosters at the end of the season.

Only injuries that resulted in a player missing games thereafter are considered. Only injuries occurring in Weeks 1-16 are counted because injuries following Week 17 would be unknown. Preseason injuries that lasted into the regular season are not included. Overall, 1794 players were examined (excluding kickers, punters, and long snappers). 882 separate injuries were recorded among the 688 players (38%) that missed at least 1 game due to injury. 45% of players managed to be available for all 16 possible games, while the remaining 17% avoided injury, but were not on a 53-man roster for all 16 games.

Injury Rates By Position

The table below sums up injury rates for each position and totals for all positions. Further explanations and details follow the chart.

2016 NFL Injury Data
Position Games Injuries/Game Snap % Avg Inj Length (G) Games Available of 16
All 21493 4.1% 49% 3.1 14.2
CB 2219 4.4% 54% 2.9 14.2
DE 2117 3.9% 46% 3.0 14.3
DT 1271 4.3% 43% 2.9 14.2
FB 394 1.5% 21% 1.8 15.6
LB 3331 4.3% 44% 3.0 14.2
OL 3851 3.4% 62% 3.3 14.4
QB 1137 2.5% 42% 3.1 14.9
RB 1487 5.2% 31% 3.9 13.3
S 1954 4.7% 53% 3.0 14.0
TE 1351 4.9% 45% 2.6 14.2
WR 2381 4.5% 50% 3.2 14.0

As shown in the table, the average NFL player has about a 4.1% chance each game of suffering an injury that will prevent them from playing in the following game. The average injury that does cause a player to miss at least 1 game has a mean average length of 3.1 games missed. All told, a typical NFL player can expect to be healthy and available for about 14.2 games out of 16 per season.

Somewhat old info but I couldn't find any info on the subject any more current than 2016.

1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:

By Michael Gertz
Over the course of the  NFL season, we have meticulously tracked player snaps and injuries each week throughout the entire league to produce the most accurate team ratings possible. One great side benefit of this process is the ability to analyze how often injuries occur, to whom they occur, and for how long they last. In this article we examine the injury rate over the course of the  NFL season of all players that were on rosters at the end of the season.

Only injuries that resulted in a player missing games thereafter are considered. Only injuries occurring in Weeks 1-16 are counted because injuries following Week 17 would be unknown. Preseason injuries that lasted into the regular season are not included. Overall, 1794 players were examined (excluding kickers, punters, and long snappers). 882 separate injuries were recorded among the 688 players (38%) that missed at least 1 game due to injury. 45% of players managed to be available for all 16 possible games, while the remaining 17% avoided injury, but were not on a 53-man roster for all 16 games.

Injury Rates By Position

The table below sums up injury rates for each position and totals for all positions. Further explanations and details follow the chart.

2016 NFL Injury Data
Position Games Injuries/Game Snap % Avg Inj Length (G) Games Available of 16
All 21493 4.1% 49% 3.1 14.2
CB 2219 4.4% 54% 2.9 14.2
DE 2117 3.9% 46% 3.0 14.3
DT 1271 4.3% 43% 2.9 14.2
FB 394 1.5% 21% 1.8 15.6
LB 3331 4.3% 44% 3.0 14.2
OL 3851 3.4% 62% 3.3 14.4
QB 1137 2.5% 42% 3.1 14.9
RB 1487 5.2% 31% 3.9 13.3
S 1954 4.7% 53% 3.0 14.0
TE 1351 4.9% 45% 2.6 14.2
WR 2381 4.5% 50% 3.2 14.0

As shown in the table, the average NFL player has about a 4.1% chance each game of suffering an injury that will prevent them from playing in the following game. The average injury that does cause a player to miss at least 1 game has a mean average length of 3.1 games missed. All told, a typical NFL player can expect to be healthy and available for about 14.2 games out of 16 per season.

Somewhat old info but I couldn't find any info on the subject any more current than 2016.

Someone has far too much time on their hands.

22 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

Hahaha😅I hear you brother hahaha

Why some people suck. Had someone come through the house,then 2 days later requested to go through again. So after cleaning the whole house(3800 sq ft ALONE-TWICE) loading up my 5 dogs TWICE and driving around for 90 minutes TWICE,they told my realtor" well we can't afford it".Then WHY did you waste my time and effort???? So,I guess I will go test drive the new Ferrari.I can't afford one,but hey that' seems the way it goes now-unreal-pfffffft

1 hour ago, ASG15 said:

This is why I like to carry 5 RB's.So I will ask who you think will be RB 4 and 5. I think Boston Scott makes the team if he keeps doing what I am reading about.So,believe that last spot will be Adams or Smalls or maybe both with one on the phantom injury list lol 

12 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

How old were you when you started becoming a die-hard?  I was almost 12. Had to watch the game in my parent's room on the 13" TV, UGH! LOL, a time of rampant jealousy for me that escalated over the many pitiful years after watching all of the teams with their golden boy under center. I'm glad I could finally ditch that baggage. It felt like a never ending roller coaster ride. I was crushed after SB XV and then had my heart ripped out again after SB XXXIX. If every Eagles' fan doesn't admit some level of being bitter I don't see how they could be telling the complete truth.

Idk... my first memory is my older cousins complaining about Mike Michelle or whoever the dude was who missed a FG in the playoffs.  I remember the wildcard win over the Bears with Billy Campfield having a big game. 

The lows for me... SB loss to Raiders, Randall & Jimmy Mac both getting hurt in 91, decent QB to finish the season and I believe we win it all that year. Defense was on 85 Bears 2000 Ravens level.. except with zero offense to compliment it... but lowest point is probably Tampa loss, I was at the game, but also legit felt we were the best team in the NFL.   2004, we were best in NFC,  but didn't feel IMO that we were better than NE, Pitts or Indy. 

QB was always a sore spot. We had good ones, but never that classic guy who I thought was the smartest guy on the field.   Not the true MVP candidate IMO.  Not without the feeling that the guy overachieved.   Wentz would have been MVP but to me didn't seem like he was doing anything that he couldn't repeat or even get better with. 

Never had that feeling before with any of our QBs... not even close!

3 hours ago, ASG15 said:

I'm just trying to give you starved fans something pertinent to read until the season starts and to be honest, I am also trying to keep my mind occupied while my wife goes through a difficult health issue. The prognosis is good but she isn't there yet. Being on this site is a blessing at times.

4 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Why some people suck. Had someone come through the house,then 2 days later requested to go through again. So after cleaning the whole house(3800 sq ft ALONE-TWICE) loading up my 5 dogs TWICE and driving around for 90 minutes TWICE,they told my realtor" well we can't afford it".Then WHY did you waste my time and effort???? So,I guess I will go test drive the new Ferrari.I can't afford one,but hey that' seems the way it goes now-unreal-pfffffft

Technically you aren’t allowed to go look at a house you can’t afford(or qualify to buy).

2 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

I'm just trying to give you starved fans something pertinent to read until the season starts and to be honest, I am also trying to keep my mind occupied while my wife goes through a difficult health issue. The prognosis is good but she isn't there yet. Being on this site is a blessing at times.

I am grateful for the insight and information that you FANATICS share on this page... I especially appreciate the efforts by many here year around, keeping me sharp and up to date with everything Eagles. The debates on this page are different level fandom, I am very grateful The most knowledgeable and informed Eagle maniacs throw down on this page. There is some real intelligence bantering on this page. Please keep it coming.

Best wishes for her full recovery.A friend of mine up your way was in the hospital for 3 months,and they could not tell him anything,so he went home against docs orders(basically had to threaten them with a lawsuit).But really,if they could not even figure out how to help him WHY did they keep him 3 months??? Oh yes,the almighty dollar.No thanks,I would rather die in the parking lot instead of this so called health "care" All they CARE about is your wallet

27 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Technically you aren’t allowed to go look at a house you can’t afford(or qualify to buy).

technically they did it

25 minutes ago, trini said:

I am grateful for the insight and information that you FANATICS share on this page... I especially appreciate the efforts by many here year around, keeping me sharp and up to date with everything Eagles. The debates on this page are different level fandom, I am very grateful The most knowledgeable and informed Eagle maniacs throw down on this page. There is some real intelligence bantering on this page. Please keep it coming.

Then there are fools like me........HAHAHA

3 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Idk... my first memory is my older cousins complaining about Mike Michelle or whoever the dude was who missed a FG in the playoffs.  I remember the wildcard win over the Bears with Billy Campfield having a big game. 

The lows for me... SB loss to Raiders, Randall & Jimmy Mac both getting hurt in 91, decent QB to finish the season and I believe we win it all that year. Defense was on 85 Bears 2000 Ravens level.. except with zero offense to compliment it... but lowest point is probably Tampa loss, I was at the game, but also legit felt we were the best team in the NFL.   2004, we were best in NFC,  but didn't feel IMO that we were better than NE, Pitts or Indy. 

QB was always a sore spot. We had good ones, but never that classic guy who I thought was the smartest guy on the field.   Not the true MVP candidate IMO.  Not without the feeling that the guy overachieved.   Wentz would have been MVP but to me didn't seem like he was doing anything that he couldn't repeat or even get better with. 

SB loss,yeah I had to hear the jokes,such as "the new sandwich named the McNabb,you pay and they throw it to the guy behind you"

Rams got their fair share of bashing."even the band was higher-Maroon 5,Rams 3" lmao

I took it as ASG referring to the ones who gathered all of the injury info that have too much time on their hands. Maybe I'm wrong. Who knows, LOL, it wouldn't be the first time. 

4 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

This is why I like to carry 5 RB's.So I will ask who you think will be RB 4 and 5. I think Boston Scott makes the team if he keeps doing what I am reading about.So,believe that last spot will be Adams or Smalls or maybe both with one on the phantom injury list lol 

I’m only to carrying four on the 53. Been thinking about only dressing 3 on gameday. But yes if they stash a fifth on IR to potentially be activated on the second half of the season... that ls fine.

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m only to carrying four on the 53. Been thinking about only dressing 3 on gameday. But yes if they stash a fifth on IR to potentially be activated on the second half of the season... that ls fine.

IDk rather have the 5,cause Sanders is gonna need some snaps and experience,so carrying 5(plus 1) isnt a bad idea to me until Sanders gets into the groove,and we still don't know how Clement will do.In other words,since we seem to have WR covered well,I'd rather have 1 less WR and 1 more RB

3 hours ago, joemas6 said:

The Randall injury hurt. I too felt like it was our time. Then everything fell apart after that season. The loss to Tampa Bay was a real tough blow also. They were a little bit more hungry for that victory because of the history of what we had been doing to them. Not sure we would have beat the Raiders though. I really felt like they were the best team that year. Gruden stole their glory. Only way to stop that team...and especially Rich Gannon. 2004 we were the best team. Just no doubt about it to me. The Pats are blatant cheaters. So we weren’t ready enough for that. I believe they taped our walkthrough. And it seems abundantly clear they tapped into our headsets. Listening to Spagnoula makes it real obvious. Him recalling how JJ was dumbfounded how the Pats knew the defensive playcalls. Then history unfolds and we see the only teams to beat the Pats in the SB. Spags pulled it off twice. And then we do it. Not thinking this is coincidence. Kinda seems like Bellicheck’s cheating played a factor in him beating AR last season to get to that championship. Chiefs slow start: was it the young QB or cheating that the Chiefs has to adapt to?

2001 we were the best team. We would have smoked the Pats in that SB. I think the Rams could have also but Faulk wasn’t himself in that game. He was clearly the best player on the field in that NFC Championship game. Unbelievable performance he put in. Even listening to John Madden talking about great players coming up big in big games referring to Faulk.