DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

I thought Faulk suffered a concussion on that short TD run when, I think it was Trotter, ripped his helmet off. Seemed like Faulk got up much slower after that every time. Then he wasn’t himself in that SB.

4 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

This is why I like to carry 5 RB's.So I will ask who you think will be RB 4 and 5. I think Boston Scott makes the team if he keeps doing what I am reading about.So,believe that last spot will be Adams or Smalls or maybe both with one on the phantom injury list lol 

I think 4 RBs get carried my guess is...

Jordan/Miles(those are easy ones)

Clement(unless he gets hurt or completely forgets how to play he is making the team)

Boston Scott- think he sneaks his way in for the final spot with the added value he brings on STs 

Adams- could see us trying to stash on PS or getting hit with the mystery injury and going  to IR....

Smalls/Pump- feel like it is the end of the road for them.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Technically you aren’t allowed to go look at a house you can’t afford(or qualify to buy).

Any reputable realtor won't bring someone to look at a house they can't afford

6 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Why some people suck. Had someone come through the house,then 2 days later requested to go through again. So after cleaning the whole house(3800 sq ft ALONE-TWICE) loading up my 5 dogs TWICE and driving around for 90 minutes TWICE,they told my realtor" well we can't afford it".Then WHY did you waste my time and effort???? So,I guess I will go test drive the new Ferrari.I can't afford one,but hey that' seems the way it goes now-unreal-pfffffft

You need to get a new realtor.

Just crazy to think how Wentz is the franchise record holder for TD passes in a season at 33 and he did it in 13 games....Healthy Wentz will also likely be the first Eagles QB to ever pass for over 4,000 yards....

13 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Just crazy to think how Wentz is the franchise record holder for TD passes in a season at 33 and he did it in 13 games....Healthy Wentz will also likely be the first Eagles QB to ever pass for over 4,000 yards....

The record was McNabb with 31 TDs, right? He did that in 15 games 

But McNabb mostly relied on mediocre receivers. He had the 31 TD season the one year he got TO. But McNabb had injuries. Then DJax had injuries. Never really got him and Maclin rolling at the same time. Pinkston wasn’t going to get any QB to 40 TDs.

33 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The record was McNabb with 31 TDs, right? He did that in 15 games 

Sonny held the record at 32 in 1961

Until 2017 when Wentz broke it with 33 

33 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

But McNabb mostly relied on mediocre receivers. He had the 31 TD season the one year he got TO. But McNabb had injuries. Then DJax had injuries. Never really got him and Maclin rolling at the same time. Pinkston wasn’t going to get any QB to 40 TDs.

Djax only missed 1 game the two years he played with McNabb....Maclin only spent his rookie year with McNabb....

Alright I’m so curious to refresh my memory I had to investigate. Hank Baskett, Torrance Small, Kevin Curtis, Greg Lewis and James Thrash. Pretty much a who’s who of snubbed Hall of Famers.

19 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Pinkston, Reggie Brown, Jason Avant, Hollywood...I just can’t even think of our receivers with McNabb. Sad

McNabb never got that #1 type of guy(minus the TO year)...We had a stable of guys that would have made decent/good #2 guys like a Curtis/Brown(if they stayed healthy) even Djax.

GB - sorry to hear. You realtor basically sucks if they're bothering you w/ buyers who aren't pre-qualified. I'd do a search and find the best rated one in your area. Personally I can't be bothered w/ inept realtors. I remember asking for quiet and a guy showed me a place below a highway underpass! 1st and last house he showed us, had him take us back to our car, informed his boss personally his guy was a putz and left. Your place has been on the market too long.

Besides, aren't all Floridians supposed to be out killing green iguanas? Read that last night, wierd. Those suckers grow to like 5 ft and eat everything, dig tunnels everywhere.

5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The Randall injury hurt. I too felt like it was our time. Then everything fell apart after that season. The loss to Tampa Bay was a real tough blow also. They were a little bit more hungry for that victory because of the history of what we had been doing to them. Not sure we would have beat the Raiders though. I really felt like they were the best team that year. Gruden stole their glory. Only way to stop that team...and especially Rich Gannon. 2004 we were the best team. Just no doubt about it to me. The Pats are blatant cheaters. So we weren’t ready enough for that. I believe they taped our walkthrough. And it seems abundantly clear they tapped into our headsets. Listening to Spagnoula makes it real obvious. Him recalling how JJ was dumbfounded how the Pats knew the defensive playcalls. Then history unfolds and we see the only teams to beat the Pats in the SB. Spags pulled it off twice. And then we do it. Not thinking this is coincidence. Kinda seems like Bellicheck’s cheating played a factor in him beating AR last season to get to that championship. Chiefs slow start: was it the young QB or cheating that the Chiefs has to adapt to?

Well.. Pittsburgh thinks the same in their AFC title game that year.... so either way to me, Steelers and Colts were better in 04.  Steelers already beat us.   And I disagree with the Raiders in 02... or the hungry part with Tampa.  McNabb had given them problems with his mobility, but after his broken foot, there was a play early in the game where he got away for a 8 or 9 yard run... where in prior meetings without his injury he would have ran for a monster gain.  That's the point where I think Tampa lost their fear of him and just went all out rush.  Andy was out coached too.   

In 91 I think if Randall could have made it as far as Wentz in 2017, McMahon could have brought us home like Foles did.  Unfortunately game 1 injury, no chance Jimmy Mac was gonna last the rest of the season.  That offense was so brutal after Jimmy Mac got hurt.  Was painful to watch.

5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Pinkston, Reggie Brown, Jason Avant, Hollywood...I just can’t even think of our receivers with McNabb. Sad

That's because they didn't give us a ton to be excited about lol

18 hours ago, ASG15 said:

Any reputable realtor won't bring someone to look at a house they can't afford

You need to get a new realtor.

Like I knew that beforehand????

18 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I think 4 RBs get carried my guess is...

Jordan/Miles(those are easy ones)

Clement(unless he gets hurt or completely forgets how to play he is making the team)

Boston Scott- think he sneaks his way in for the final spot with the added value he brings on STs 

Adams- could see us trying to stash on PS or getting hit with the mystery injury and going  to IR....

Smalls/Pump- feel like it is the end of the road for them.

If we carry 4 ot 5 IMO depends actually on the WR position.If Hollins STILL can't go rather have that 5th RB rostered

17 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

McNabb was also more prone to take off and run the ball,Wenntz not built for that,he is more of a pocket passer although he will run as  last resort

14 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

GB - sorry to hear. You realtor basically sucks if they're bothering you w/ buyers who aren't pre-qualified. I'd do a search and find the best rated one in your area. Personally I can't be bothered w/ inept realtors. I remember asking for quiet and a guy showed me a place below a highway underpass! 1st and last house he showed us, had him take us back to our car, informed his boss personally his guy was a putz and left. Your place has been on the market too long.

Besides, aren't all Floridians supposed to be out killing green iguanas? Read that last night, wierd. Those suckers grow to like 5 ft and eat everything, dig tunnels everywhere.

No Iguanas here

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

McNabb was also more prone to take off and run the ball,Wenntz not built for that,he is more of a pocket passer although he will run as  last resort

I wouldn’t say this is accurate at all. Seems like Carson likes to run the ball just as much as McNasty did.

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

If we carry 4 ot 5 IMO depends actually on the WR position.If Hollins STILL can't go rather have that 5th RB rostered

Always possible not like we haven’t carried 5 RBs before....My guess is the best STer makes the bottom of the roster....So for Adams/Smalls to make the team they will have to excel on STs same goes for the WRs guys like Michel,Ward, Gibson etc.

The RBs and WRs I see making the team are

RBs-Jordan,Miles,Clement,Scott

WRs-Alshon, Djax, AG(unless traded), JJaw, Hollins 

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I wouldn’t say this is accurate at all. Seems like Carson likes to run the ball just as much as McNasty did.

Think it depends what McNabb your talking about....

Early McNabb first 3 seasons(44 games 38 starts)had 215 carries he ran the ball just under 5 times a game(little more the 5.5 runs a game if only counting his starts) he avg. just under 72 carries his first 3 years

Wentz first 3 years(40 games 40 starts) has 144 carries which is just over 3.5 carries a game and 48 attempts per season....

Think it is fairly accurate to say McNabb liked to run but more then Wentz