DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Not looking to great in the World Cup Final. Netherlands got us with a unexpected strategic switch up. The Dutch have been a second half team all tournament. We have been up in the first half all tournament. 0-0 first half clearly favors Holland. They are happy going in the locker room. We are frustrated going in.

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah I said that in the previous post

LOL, Isn't assuming the FO knows what it's doing and trusting the coaching staff 2 diff. things?

11 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

LOL, Isn't assuming the FO knows what it's doing and trusting the coaching staff 2 diff. things?

OK we're gonna do semantics now?

Congrats USA ladies

12 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

OK so you're trusting the assumption the staff knows what it's doing.OK,however you want to word it.

20 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Huge Victory!!! Way to go USA women!

We  were favorites lol

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Opeta, Herbig and Pryor. We have a quality coach. Gotta think one of these can get whipped into shape. I feel more confident in these Gs than I do the long shot Cs. Fabiano and the others. I just don’t know about them. Sure would solve many things to find a unheralded player at that position also. Almost feel like by sure numbers(if nothing else) we should find a good lineman or two.

IDK maybe Fab can play G? He started out as both a DE and TE(weird) Ended up at C for Harvard,so seems to me he can learn alot of positions,he just needs to find his niche

8 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

OK we're gonna do semantics now?

:P What can I say? I started out in one of those moods lol. Starting to get back to normal now that the headphones are on. 

Boring time of year,but you will notice a few players here we have on our roster now lol

Congrads USA Ladies - now pay them!

I don't understand women tennis players getting equal pay for best out of 3 sets, but these women soccer players work just as hard as the men ( with MUCH better results ) yet get paid 39/100 as the men.

On 7/5/2019 at 5:21 PM, cunninghamtheman said:

2001 we were the best team. We would have smoked the Pats in that SB. I think the Rams could have also but Faulk wasn’t himself in that game. He was clearly the best player on the field in that NFC Championship game. Unbelievable performance he put in. Even listening to John Madden talking about great players coming up big in big games referring to Faulk.

I strongly disagree with this one.... playoff schedule worked in our favor avoiding Green Bay and SF due to a couple fluke Bears wins to get them their division.   

Sure you can always win a game, doesn't mean you are the better team.  That year I thought we were 4th best team in the conference.  Benefits from the schedule, but it was a stepping stone to the next 3 year run... 2002 was the year without the dominant Pats, Colts or Steeler teams.   That was the year.  

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

I don't understand women tennis players getting equal pay for best out of 3 sets, but these women soccer players work just as hard as the men ( with MUCH better results ) yet get paid 39/100 as the men.

Men probably have more sponsorhips.It's all bout the money and how much they have to pay the players.Can't pay them if you don;t have it to pay

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Men probably have more sponsorhips.It's all bout the money and how much they have to pay the players.Can't pay them if you don;t have it to pay

How much does commercial time cost for the Men’s World Cup? How much does commercial time cost for the Women’s World Cup? There you go. Do all fighters get paid the same? Heck no. They get paid based on their draw. I don’t see the opposite sex pay being relevant at all.

Cre’Von LeBlanc posted a video of him working out on Fourth of July. At the same time PFF came out with the rankings of LeBlanc being top ten slot corner last season. Avonte Maddox was fantastic in coverage outside. Not sure why we are even questioning these two to be front runners for these jobs. I don’t care where you were drafted. I don’t care what you are paid. We should have the best players play their best spots. Screw all the politics and BS that doesn’t have anything to do with actual play on the field. First team DBs should be Douglas and Maddox outside with LeBlanc in the slot. Any changes should be earned by beating these players out at those positions.

6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

First team DBs should be Douglas and Maddox outside with LeBlanc in the slot. Any changes should be earned by beating these players out at those positions.

I couldn't agree more with this. These are the players I have picked as starters unless someone else bumps them. 

Through the years, The Eagles have very seldom picked players I liked in the draft so I was really surprised in 2017 when they chose two players I wanted in Barnett and Jones. This is the year that both of these guys should be kicking some a**. Don't let me down fellas or the Eagles will never take any of my players again!

4 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

If they women are getting paid the same percentage of the revenue they generate as the men then the system is fair.

Generate more revenue, get more pay.

40 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Through the years, The Eagles have very seldom picked players I liked in the draft so I was really surprised in 2017 when they chose two players I wanted in Barnett and Jones. This is the year that both of these guys should be kicking some a**. Don't let me down fellas or the Eagles will never take any of my players again!

I thought surely we would grab the RB we needed so badly in Alvin Kamara in the second. Seemed so obvious. He was there on a platter for us. I was screaming mad at the dumb Jones pick.

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I thought Marshon Lattimore was the deserving top corner that draft all along. 

It all depends what you were looking for. Jones was the best pick for man to man coverage before he was injured. I thought that is what the Eagles wanted and  needed however the only man to man coverage Jones has played so far is when he was in the nickel position. If Jones ends up in the slot he was a wasted pick IMO. Just like Agholor being picked in the first round to play the slot receiver position. In the first round of 2017 I had my picks narrowed down to Barnett or O J Howard. Both were available and back then I would have been happy with either one. As it turned out,  the Eagles got their defensive linemen and the following year they got a TE in Geodert that I believe will be as good as Howard if given the same opportunity on the playing field. I will be keeping an eye on both Barnett and Howard to see which player has the best career as well as Howard versus Goedert. I can watch Howard a lot down here in Florida. Both Howard and Barnett lost considerable time last year due to injuries. Winston's accuracy is holding back Howard a little and Jim Schwartz's defense is holding back Barnett to a certain degree if you are looking for individual stats. They substitute too often to be among the league leaders in a lot of catagories. Good to stay fresh but bad for stats. Barnett has the motor though to stay in the game. The games I watched him play at Tennessee he looked just as strong in the 4th quarter as he did in the first quarter and they moved him along the line to all the positions during the course of the game. That is how he got all his sacks. That is also not going to happen with the Eagles. LOL

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I thought surely we would grab the RB we needed so badly in Alvin Kamara in the second. Seemed so obvious. He was there on a platter for us. I was screaming mad at the dumb Jones pick.

Jones that year after the injury was projected to go anywhere between round 2 thru round 4. The Eagles obviously didn't want to risk letting him fall any further than they did. It was sort of like running back Bryce Love this year. Projected first round pick before his injury and after, 2nd thru 4th round. He made it to the 4th but you never know. If you want a player you better take him.  

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I thought Marshon Lattimore was the deserving top corner that draft all along. 

I agree with this statement I loved Lattimore in that draft he was a stud....I also liked Jones as well thought he was a worthy top 20 pick before he got hurt and believed we got a steal in round 2 for him....Problem is he hasn’t been able to stay healthy... 

2 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

Jones that year after the injury was projected to go anywhere between round 2 thru round 4. The Eagles obviously didn't want to risk letting him fall any further than they did. It was sort of like running back Bryce Love this year. Projected first round pick before his injury and after, 2nd thru 4th round. He made it to the 4th but you never know. If you want a player you better take him.  

I never saw any RB being first round worthy this year. Hardly any even went before round three(the couple that did were a reach by teams in need at the position).

3 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

It all depends what you were looking for. Jones was the best pick for man to man coverage before he was injured. I thought that is what the Eagles wanted and  needed however the only man to man coverage Jones has played so far is when he was in the nickel position. If Jones ends up in the slot he was a wasted pick IMO. Just like Agholor being picked in the first round to play the slot receiver position. In the first round of 2017 I had my picks narrowed down to Barnett or O J Howard. Both were available and back then I would have been happy with either one. As it turned out,  the Eagles got their defensive linemen and the following year they got a TE in Geodert that I believe will be as good as Howard if given the same opportunity on the playing field. I will be keeping an eye on both Barnett and Howard to see which player has the best career as well as Howard versus Goedert. I can watch Howard a lot down here in Florida. Both Howard and Barnett lost considerable time last year due to injuries. Winston's accuracy is holding back Howard a little and Jim Schwartz's defense is holding back Barnett to a certain degree if you are looking for individual stats. They substitute too often to be among the league leaders in a lot of catagories. Good to stay fresh but bad for stats. Barnett has the motor though to stay in the game. The games I watched him play at Tennessee he looked just as strong in the 4th quarter as he did in the first quarter and they moved him along the line to all the positions during the course of the game. That is how he got all his sacks. That is also not going to happen with the Eagles. LOL

I just always disagreed with the Jones assessment. Lattimore was the top guy. White was probably the best man guy. Jackson the big playmaker/multipurpose threat. I want to say there was one more guy I liked better than Jones also.