DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

I was thinking, or championing, White in the first and Kamara in the second. But I wasn’t upset about Barnett. Really think he’s a very good player.

I liked Kareem Hunt also. But there was some signs of him being a thug. Us fans didn’t realize how bad he was though. Clearly all the teams knew...because he fell like a rock. Really glad we didn’t mess with that POS.

11 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I liked Kareem Hunt also. But there was some signs of him being a thug. Us fans didn’t realize how bad he was though. Clearly all the teams knew...because he fell like a rock. Really glad we didn’t mess with that POS.

Never seen Hunt rated highly during the draft process went where I seen him project by most to go....Kamara fell more then Hunt....

I liked Hunt as well was the guy I wanted at RB in the 17 draft class(glad now we didn’t take him) but that is the wonders of hindsight.

6 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

How much does commercial time cost for the Men’s World Cup? How much does commercial time cost for the Women’s World Cup? There you go. Do all fighters get paid the same? Heck no. They get paid based on their draw. I don’t see the opposite sex pay being relevant at all.

No clue what commercial times cost in either sport.So do you watch womens basketball? Are they paid the same?

I will say the Men had so many great opportunities in the first half. They should have put the pressure on Mexico early. Mexico had control in the second half. I have low confidence in the US Men’s coach. Might seem strange but I’d fire him and hire the women’s coach to run things. Jill gets it done. Burholder inspired nobody. No sense of desperation or at least urgency. Just not talented enough of a team to play so timid and conservative. The trajectory they are on is down the toilet. Don’t really score any goals. Barely beat crap teams. Don’t compete with good teams. Pretty much time to scrap it all. Go with youth. Altidore and Bradley are done. Need a better goalie.

I remember being big on McCaffrey. There was some thought he could be around for us to take. But many thought and debated against me that he was just a third down scat back. Seemed obvious (to me)he would be great.  Probably why the Panthers snapped him up earlier than everybody expected. And of coarse I was posting video of Fournette when he was a Junior in High School. But he was out of reach for sure.

Chris Carson, Aaron Jones, Marlin Mack, Tarik Cohen, James Conner, Dalvin Cook, Mixon...plus all the guys we’ve been talking about in the ‘17 draft. And we needed a RB bad. But we traded up for Tiny Pumphrey. Really blew that one.

18 hours ago, ASG15 said:

If they women are getting paid the same percentage of the revenue they generate as the men then the system is fair.

Generate more revenue, get more pay.

I tried to say this,but you summed it up better than I

17 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

Jones that year after the injury was projected to go anywhere between round 2 thru round 4. The Eagles obviously didn't want to risk letting him fall any further than they did. It was sort of like running back Bryce Love this year. Projected first round pick before his injury and after, 2nd thru 4th round. He made it to the 4th but you never know. If you want a player you better take him.  

Our needs were different back then also

10 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I remember being big on McCaffrey. There was some thought he could be around for us to take. But many thought and debated against me that he was just a third down scat back. Seemed obvious (to me)he would be great.  Probably why the Panthers snapped him up earlier than everybody expected. And of coarse I was posting video of Fournette when he was a Junior in High School. But he was out of reach for sure.

I liked Caff also at that time

10 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Chris Carson, Aaron Jones, Marlin Mack, Tarik Cohen, James Conner, Dalvin Cook, Mixon...plus all the guys we’ve been talking about in the ‘17 draft. And we needed a RB bad. But we traded up for Tiny Pumphrey. Really blew that one.

He could be a possible low ball trade piece for someone seeking a returner. Wouldn't get much for him,but I doubt he makes the team this time around.

Know we have JJaw,Hollins still unknown what we have.Believe we should snag this guy.He's only 22 and if we wanted to lose AG because he wants insane money next year,we could cut him loose.He has NFL experience.maybe JJaw can handle it,but why take a chance when you can have an extra guy with experience around in the event one or more go down to injury and do it cheaply?

On 7/7/2019 at 11:54 AM, cunninghamtheman said:

Not looking to great in the World Cup Final. Netherlands got us with a unexpected strategic switch up. The Dutch have been a second half team all tournament. We have been up in the first half all tournament. 0-0 first half clearly favors Holland. They are happy going in the locker room. We are frustrated going in.

I always love the optimism ... and never overthinking things!   LOL

22 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Cre’Von LeBlanc posted a video of him working out on Fourth of July. At the same time PFF came out with the rankings of LeBlanc being top ten slot corner last season. Avonte Maddox was fantastic in coverage outside. Not sure why we are even questioning these two to be front runners for these jobs. I don’t care where you were drafted. I don’t care what you are paid. We should have the best players play their best spots. Screw all the politics and BS that doesn’t have anything to do with actual play on the field. First team DBs should be Douglas and Maddox outside with LeBlanc in the slot. Any changes should be earned by beating these players out at those positions.

Or... just let them all play and see what happens ... without worrying about it now??     I'm assuming Maddox is on the field... until proven wrong, I'm not worried about it.   Where he plays ... I believe depends on the other guys.  I'm not worried about it though, we have young guys, let then battle it out.  Need 6 DBs on the field for money downs anyway.   If the DL stays healthy,  we should be ok.  

13 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’ll admit I was wrong on McCaffery though wasn’t that I didn’t think he was a good player just didn’t think he was worth a top 15 pick... proving me way wrong now lmao.... 

12 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I’ll admit I was wrong on McCaffery though wasn’t that I didn’t think he was a good player just didn’t think he was worth a top 15 pick... proving me way wrong now lmao.... 

Another guy I liked was Connor.He did well replacing arguably the best all around RB in the league.My thoughts are if you can't see a difference between Caff and jacobs,there is no hope for you(or me)

What if we had OJ Howard ... then we would need to find a guy on offense with the last name Fines.     Paging Dr. Howard, Dr. Fines and Dr. Howard!  

6 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Or... just let them all play and see what happens ... without worrying about it now??     I'm assuming Maddox is on the field... until proven wrong, I'm not worried about it.   Where he plays ... I believe depends on the other guys.  I'm not worried about it though, we have young guys, let then battle it out.  Need 6 DBs on the field for money downs anyway.   If the DL stays healthy,  we should be ok.  

Why? In my case it's a craving for TC to start on the 25th and can't wait to see how the 53 rounds out without summer rushing by. I don't think that's possible LMAO. That's my predicament this time of year. 

4 hours ago, joemas6 said:

What if we had OJ Howard ... then we would need to find a guy on offense with the last name Fines.     Paging Dr. Howard, Dr. Fines and Dr. Howard! 

(12 secs.) LMAO!!! :roll:

23 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

(12 secs.) LMAO!!! :roll:

Lol.. Fine not Fines...  come on Joe... lol.

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Lol.. Fine not Fines...  come on Joe... lol.

You'll have this LOL. We all goof. 

Just now, EaglesTD123 said:

You'll have this LOL. We all goof. 

Porquepin...lol