DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

20% more viewership for the ladies. 5th championship, none for the US men. Nuf said - pay them.

2 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

20% more viewership for the ladies. 5th championship, none for the US men. Nuf said - pay them.

Of course,everyone follows a winner.Perhaps the mens league is  a bit tougher competition???? Noone forced them to play for whatever salary they get and if they lose you gonna cut their pay back to minimum wage? lol

3 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2019/03/07/world-cup-soccer-pay-disparity-between-men-and-women-is-justified/#328fe8e86da4   As I said earlier

9 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

According to John Glynn at the Federalist.

Last year the mens world cup generated 6 billion and gave 7% to the teams

This years womens world cup generated 131 million and gave 20% to the teams.

Looks to me like the women are being overpaid as a percentage of revenue generated.

On 7/8/2019 at 3:21 PM, BleedingGreen93 said:

I’ll admit I was wrong on McCaffery though wasn’t that I didn’t think he was a good player just didn’t think he was worth a top 15 pick... proving me way wrong now lmao.... 

Happens to us all

Wentz is great against the blitz. This is one of the reasons Wentz was so good in 2017, when he recorded 13 touchdown passes (against only one pick) and a passer rating of 97.4 vs. the blitz. Wentz completed 63.5 percent of his passes against the blitz last year, with six touchdowns, one interception and a passer rating of 100.4. ——this is from NFL.com

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Wentz is great against the blitz. This is one of the reasons Wentz was so good in 2017, when he recorded 13 touchdown passes (against only one pick) and a passer rating of 97.4 vs. the blitz. Wentz completed 63.5 percent of his passes against the blitz last year, with six touchdowns, one interception and a passer rating of 100.4. ——this is from NFL.com

I never looked up the stats and/or don't remember seeing them. But just from the eye test I could tell he's calm and cool when looking down the rifle barrel. That disappearing act he pulled off when I thought the 'skins had a sack was the cat's nuts lol

5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m seriously thinking Fletcher Cox is the third best player in the NFL right now. Just dominating on a different level.

Whose #1 and #2?     Donald and Mack?

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 3:31 PM, GreenbleedinFL said:

The question then is "how much is enough?" and you know once that got started the demands would never end."If I dont get a raise I'm changing schools" you really wanna go there?

GBFL, We are not talking anything in terms of "pay". This is just free room and board plus college tuition. There is no "bargaining" chip to negotiate.

Another thing to consider is that more college athletes may choose to stay all 4 years and actually get the diploma now that they do not have to concern themselves with coming up with the tuition. Good for the colleges and Pro Football. The player gets an extra year or two to develop and an education to boot....

17 hours ago, ASG15 said:

According to John Glynn at the Federalist.

Last year the mens world cup generated 6 billion and gave 7% to the teams

This years womens world cup generated 131 million and gave 20% to the teams.

Looks to me like the women are being overpaid as a percentage of revenue generated.

Is this Just for the US or globally? I would think countries like Italy and Germany would be all over the Mens WC vs Womens...

2 hours ago, stine said:

Is this Just for the US or globally? I would think countries like Italy and Germany would be all over the Mens WC vs Womens...

As I read it this was the revenue generated by the world cup tournament including all participants. 

OK, so men generated 7 times the revenue... right? my math is bad today!  They generated 42 times the revenue

5 hours ago, stine said:

GBFL, We are not talking anything in terms of "pay". This is just free room and board plus college tuition. There is no "bargaining" chip to negotiate.

If they start paying them there would be,that's my point

5 hours ago, stine said:

Another thing to consider is that more college athletes may choose to stay all 4 years and actually get the diploma now that they do not have to concern themselves with coming up with the tuition. Good for the colleges and Pro Football. The player gets an extra year or two to develop and an education to boot....

IMO to get in the NFL it should be required you complete college(or a trade school).Forget the entering the draft when you are a Freshman.JMO. Hey if you can finish it in 3 years more power to you and once again I ask,if we pay them how much is enough? And what parameters do you use? Athletic ability is for the most part subjective opinion.You going to pay a star QB the same as a #2 lineman?

3 hours ago, stine said:

I'm assuming this is global data

12 minutes ago, stine said:

OK, so men generated 7 times the revenue... right? my math is bad today!  They generated 42 times the revenue

That was my response to 58.You can't pay them if the money is not there

OK, I get that. But if no money is paid out the point is moot. Give player education, free room and a food card for the cafeteria. No money, just benefits. Nothing to negotiate. I cannot see how this would possibly escalate if ALL colleges did same thing....

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IMO to get in the NFL it should be required you complete college(or a trade school).Forget the entering the draft when you are a Freshman.JMO. Hey if you can finish it in 3 years more power to you and once again I ask,if we pay them how much is enough? And what parameters do you use? Athletic ability is for the most part subjective opinion.You going to pay a star QB the same as a #2 lineman?

Yes. All Players get same thing. An education, free room and board. Nothing else period. All colleges pay same, but can only pat a certain amount of roster. Say 55-60 for football.

2 minutes ago, stine said:

OK, I get that. But if no money is paid out the point is moot. Give player education, free room and a food card for the cafeteria. No money, just benefits. Nothing to negotiate. I cannot see how this would possibly escalate if ALL colleges did same thing....

Agreed,58 was talking about paying them as in a salary.I just don't see how that is feasible,and if they did,then you'd need a college players union and all that BS 

Just now, stine said:

Yes. All Players get same thing. An education, free room and board. Nothing else period. All colleges pay same, but can only pat a certain amount of roster. Say 55-60 for football.

IDK I never got a scholarship,I had to WORK PT and pay my own,but free tuition,room,board,food allowance is suddenly not enough? I wish I would have had that 

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Agreed,58 was talking about paying them as in a salary.I just don't see how that is feasible,and if they did,then you'd need a college players union and all that BS 

OK, now I understand why you were arguing the point. You cannot pay cash at all or it would not work.....

of course, college educations are not cheap! My daughter's 4 years were over $50,000 and that was with grants! Add in Room and Board and you are talking about $80K-  100K over the 4 years per player. Nothing to complain about..