DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

1 minute ago, stine said:

OK, now I understand why you were arguing the point. You cannot pay cash at all or it would not work.....

Yeah,it would be a total can of worms opened.Possibly they can adjust the scholarship programs to include more players at a partial rate.To pay college players you are talking about an entire restructure of the educational system

1 hour ago, stine said:

OK, so men generated 7 times the revenue... right? my math is bad today!  They generated 42 times the revenue

Yes, and received a lower percentage of the revenue they generated.

16 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m seriously thinking Fletcher Cox is the third best player in the NFL right now. Just dominating on a different level.

It has to suck for Cox to be such a great player one of the best players in the NFL.... it is generally overlooked a ton because of Donald 

12 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

It has to suck for Cox to be such a great player one of the best players in the NFL.... it is generally overlooked a ton because of Donald 

Don't see him as overlooked.he will be in the HOF

21 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Nothin' wrong with being #3 in a biz that has so much comparable talent. Besides, these rankings are only other people's opinions. In my book Cox is #1. <-- Might need to reword that lmao!

22 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Nothin' wrong with being #3 in a biz that has so much comparable talent. Besides, these rankings are only other people's opinions. In my book Cox is #1. <-- Might need to reword that lmao!

😬😆

3 hours ago, ASG15 said:

Yes, and received a lower percentage of the revenue they generated.

As they should, because I'm sure if you look at the total... GLOBALLY ...  mens soccer would generate more .... but here in USA .. there is more interest in the womens team.   The USA women are a bigger piece of thatinternational pie so to speak.    The NFL draws well... equal shares so to speak ... but we can assume teams like the Cardinals are benefitting from the popularity of the other teams.    Similar to the US men.... people like mens international soccer ... outside the US  ... not sure anyone cares about womens soccer outside the US?????   How many international womens players do you know?     How many international mens players do you know?    How many US mens players do you know?     How many US women players do you know?   Ertz and Lloyd ... thats 2 more than I do with the US men.   Rinaldo, Messi  ... that's two international mens players ... 2 more than I do with the international women.     

It's easy to see the point ... the US women are the main draw for their sport, they carry the interest .... nobody cares about the US men ... they benefit from the international players.   They may actually win about the same time the Jamaicans win the bobsled!    

The US women  ... should get paid more than the US men.... if you just compare them to each other and what they bring in.    

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Of course but we are also fans of the team...Cox has always been one of the best(if not the best) at his position and the entire NFL...But has really only started to get that recognition what last 2 years now

3 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I think Cox is #1 as well always felt he was the better all around player though...While Donald is the better glamour stat guy(ie sacks/pressures) 

Glad I started this here!

Seems to me  we should pay for success, esp repeated success and looking great going forward. The women have one heck of a microphone now, glad they know how to use it. I've been impressed with the womens' teams for well over a decade now. NFL - go in for a few plays then sit on the bench. These women are out there for at least 90 mins straight - 3 subs / game! Yeah, there are injuries, sideouts etc - not many last as long as a flag in the NFL. It's very physical as well, just look how brutal the Swedish and Brits mugged some of our players. They knew they were behind and didn't care about the cards as there was no tomorrow. Equal pay is actually a law in the US, these womens' teams have been earning it for yrs, just not getting paid for it.

I also agrred w/ Kap, at least the original way in which a Navy Seal - who I admire greatly - suggested for him to do. Now he's blackballed because a 5 time draft dodger knew how to abuse the media and sucker so many peeps. No brains nowadays.

Wake me up for camp. Good timre of yr for our guys NOT to be in the media.

Did Wentz do anything w/ his weapons this OS? Have heard very little, don;t like that.

3 hours ago, joemas6 said:

As they should, because I'm sure if you look at the total... GLOBALLY ...  mens soccer would generate more .... but here in USA .. there is more interest in the womens team.   The USA women are a bigger piece of thatinternational pie so to speak.    The NFL draws well... equal shares so to speak ... but we can assume teams like the Cardinals are benefitting from the popularity of the other teams.    Similar to the US men.... people like mens international soccer ... outside the US  ... not sure anyone cares about womens soccer outside the US?????   How many international womens players do you know?     How many international mens players do you know?    How many US mens players do you know?     How many US women players do you know?   Ertz and Lloyd ... thats 2 more than I do with the US men.   Rinaldo, Messi  ... that's two international mens players ... 2 more than I do with the international women.     

It's easy to see the point ... the US women are the main draw for their sport, they carry the interest .... nobody cares about the US men ... they benefit from the international players.   They may actually win about the same time the Jamaicans win the bobsled!    

The US women  ... should get paid more than the US men.... if you just compare them to each other and what they bring in.    

The complaint is how much they got paid for the world cup.

If you generate say $1000 in revenue and a co worker generates $10,000  in revenue do you think you should both be paid the same?

How about the WNBA. Most of these teams lose money but they think they should be paid equally with the men.

Pay based on emotion is a good way to go bankrupt.

Are soccer players paid a salary???? I mean if so then yes they should be making equal or more then the men....

But if it is based on percentage of the revenue of the event then I mean how is it the owners fault they can’t help that the women sports doesn’t produce the same amount as men’s 

I know the one article think GBFL posted stated the women’s soccer team actually made a higher percent of the revenue then what the men’s team did...The issue is again the men’s earned more revenue then women’s league so of course men got more 

I just don’t even see complaining about pay for the World Cup. It’s an honor to represent your country. On a level with the Olympics. The pay for games should be peanuts for the stars anyway. It’s a huge stage. They get a great chance to make a name for themselves. If they do that it becomes a huge springboard towards fame and celebrity. Then they sign the sponsorship deals to cash in. Maybe do a cameo on tv or a movie. What’s the largest salary for a pro woman soccer player on the normal league games?  I doubt it’s anything like what Rinaldo and Messi and such get paid. And they get the mega commercial money. If any of the women don’t like their job...take their degree and use it to a higher paying profession. We all can choose our careers. Different jobs come with different pay.

The thing with college players is not for colleges to pay them. It’s that they could accept pay from sponsers to use their likeness. Not sure what the issue is with that. 

36 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The thing with college players is not for colleges to pay them. It’s that they could accept pay from sponsers to use their likeness. Not sure what the issue is with that. 

Bottom line is Colleges cannot pay cash, but College athletes should get a free ride plus room and board. There is no reason this cannot happen. As for sponsors, I am not sure that will happen anytime soon. This would place one athlete above others, which is not what college is about. I would not complain if it came to be, but I can see it not happening.

Let’s take this for an example. Athlon Sports college preview magazine. Baker Mayfield on the cover selling it. For me I think Baker should get paid for this. They clearly are using his image to sell a ton of magazines. Promising an exclusive interview inside.

It’s a huge publicity for Oklahoma. With a very visible Big 12 patch advertisement on his jersey. He has two Nike Swooshes on the football he’s holding. A Nike Swoosh on his Jersey. And a Nike Swoosh on his head wrap.

15 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Of course but we are also fans of the team...Cox has always been one of the best(if not the best) at his position and the entire NFL...But has really only started to get that recognition what last 2 years now

WHAT??? He wasn't in a pro bowl before that?

14 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Glad I started this here!

Seems to me  we should pay for success, esp repeated success and looking great going forward. The women have one heck of a microphone now, glad they know how to use it. I've been impressed with the womens' teams for well over a decade now. NFL - go in for a few plays then sit on the bench. These women are out there for at least 90 mins straight - 3 subs / game! Yeah, there are injuries, sideouts etc - not many last as long as a flag in the NFL. It's very physical as well, just look how brutal the Swedish and Brits mugged some of our players. They knew they were behind and didn't care about the cards as there was no tomorrow. Equal pay is actually a law in the US, these womens' teams have been earning it for yrs, just not getting paid for it.

Not enough revenue as I stated and showed.it's not any more strenuous than tennis,boxing or other sports if you train for it.Stop with the women flag waving,even though these ones chose to disrespect our nations flag it by tossing it on the ground.IDC what your politics are you respect the COUNTRY you play for,not a percentage of them.You are playing for a NATIONAL team and they got there partially with PUBLIC support.I for one will not support such antics.I donated to this team,want my money back and will never do it again.If they didn't like the pay,go work somewhere else