DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

I also agrred w/ Kap, at least the original way in which a Navy Seal - who I admire greatly - suggested for him to do. Now he's blackballed because a 5 time draft dodger knew how to abuse the media and sucker so many peeps. No brains nowadays.

Kap can rot along with Nike.He is a national disgrace and so is Rappin hoe,the dude with purple hair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The thing with college players is not for colleges to pay them. It’s that they could accept pay from sponsers to use their likeness. Not sure what the issue is with that. 

I totally see this as a distraction from your education.It's NOT PROFESSIONAL SPORTS,it's an activity within the educational system.Only professionals should be paid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The SEC made 597 million in 2016. That’s right! One year. The Big Ten just signed a 2.64 BILLION DOLLAR TV CONTRACT.

Someone has to cover scholarship money,pay the professors,maintain the facilities.Try running your own biz and you will see it's not as easy as you think.Out of that 597 million howmuch went for scholarships? Food? Equipment? New computers for the students? it's not what you MAKE it's what you end up with(aka net profit)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, stine said:

 Bottom line is Colleges cannot pay cash, but College athletes should get a free ride plus room and board. There is no reason this cannot happen. As for sponsors, I am not sure that will happen anytime soon. This would place one athlete above others, which is not what college is about. I would not complain if it came to be, but I can see it not happening.

There are different scholarship programs,some DO include a 100% free ride,some are partial to varying degrees and remember sports are not the only scholarships they have to cover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

WHY???? It puts him in the spotlight for getting drafted higher,aka he will make more money,so it's just deferred pay.Like he didn't benefit from this cover?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

It’s a huge publicity for Oklahoma. With a very visible Big 12 patch advertisement on his jersey. He has two Nike Swooshes on the football he’s holding. A Nike Swoosh on his Jersey. And a Nike Swoosh on his head wrap.

Maybe Nike is his equipment of choice?.My comp is a HP,think they need to pay me monthly for buying it,you know since I tell everyone thats what I have and thats free advertising for them and I don't get paid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Let’s take this for an example. Athlon Sports college preview magazine. Baker Mayfield on the cover selling it. For me I think Baker should get paid for this. They clearly are using his image to sell a ton of magazines. Promising an exclusive interview inside.

In 1974 they used my picture in the annual HS yearbook doing an activity and didn't ask me.Therefore,I need retroactive pay or to file a lawsuit for not being paid for the use of my image.With interest,I think 15 million would do it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

WHAT??? He wasn't in a pro bowl before that?

2018 was the first time he made first team all pro....Before that he has only been 2nd team all pro(3 other times)....Considering again the fact he has been arguably the best(or at least one of them) since he entered the league shows how he has been overlooked at times....

Lot had to do with chip and billy Davis scheme as well I guess he never got the stats but still dominated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Kap can rot along with Nike.He is a national disgrace and so is Rappin hoe,the dude with purple hair

Don't hold back, tell us what you really think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

Don't hold back, tell us what you really think

HAHA,I was "on a roll"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be happy if there is absolutely no news from the Eagles until TC starts.

This time of year no news is good news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

I'll be happy if there is absolutely no news from the Eagles until TC starts.

This time of year no news is good news.

Gotta give you a ^5 on that one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Maybe Nike is his equipment of choice?.My comp is a HP,think they need to pay me monthly for buying it,you know since I tell everyone thats what I have and thats free advertising for them and I don't get paid

The school is getting sponsorship by Nike. So he has to use Nike gear at Oklahoma. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Someone has to cover scholarship money,pay the professors,maintain the facilities.Try running your own biz and you will see it's not as easy as you think.Out of that 597 million howmuch went for scholarships? Food? Equipment? New computers for the students? it's not what you MAKE it's what you end up with(aka net profit)

Say that number out loud....5  9  7 MILLION. That goes a long ways towards maintaining facilities and paying professors. As far as covering scholarships...those figures are so high....that all the students who do pay(non scholarship folks) should easily pay for professors, maintenance along with upgrading equipment. You know those crazy high tuition fees. Texas A@M is 28,000 a year. All those students paying that should take care of what it takes to run a college. They have like 60,000 students. That’s just undergraduates. 28 K times 60K students is some serious dough. Then add in all the graduate students.

  So how often do you hear about colleges struggling and going under financially? I’m not going to act like I know everything it takes to run a college. But 100 K for an education should pay for plenty of new buildings and chairs. I’m just not sympathetic to the poor colleges and their struggles to get by with the 597 million dollars from sports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Maybe Nike is his equipment of choice?.My comp is a HP,think they need to pay me monthly for buying it,you know since I tell everyone thats what I have and thats free advertising for them and I don't get paid

Sure, if that sells millions of computers for them. If it did ...you would. But it doesn’t ....so you don’t. HP had Jay-Z ad for them a few years ago. I’ll bet he got a nice chunk of change for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2019 at 3:07 AM, joemas6 said:

Whose #1 and #2?     Donald and Mack?

I was thinking Tom Brady and Aaron Donald. There really is just no denying Brady.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Say that number out loud....5  9  7 MILLION. That goes a long ways towards maintaining facilities and paying professors. As far as covering scholarships...those figures are so high....that all the students who do pay(non scholarship folks) should easily pay for professors, maintenance along with upgrading equipment. You know those crazy high tuition fees. Texas A@M is 28,000 a year. All those students paying that should take care of what it takes to run a college. They have like 60,000 students. That’s just undergraduates. 28 K times 60K students is some serious dough. Then add in all the graduate students.

  So how often do you hear about colleges struggling and going under financially? I’m not going to act like I know everything it takes to run a college. But 100 K for an education should pay for plenty of new buildings and chairs. I’m just not sympathetic to the poor colleges and their struggles to get by with the 597 million dollars from sports.

Well call the NCAA then if you want the entire system scrapped

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I was thinking Tom Brady and Aaron Donald. There really is just no denying Brady.

Are we talking best player or just best DL ahead of Cox....I mean think it is hard to compare positions like that....so in Joe case can see why he said Donald/Mack ahead of Cox 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Kap can rot along with Nike.He is a national disgrace and so is Rappin hoe,the dude with purple hair

LMAO!!!  Couldn't agree more. Find another platform. Don't abuse the national anthem ceremony. If someone has the kind of lettuce that these 'famous' athletes have then go to another country. Beware, the grass may not be greener on the other side. 

Just because a SEAL gave Kap advice doesn't mean it was sound counsel. I have a ton of respect for SEALs, but they're only human. And as we all know, there are those of us that are smarter than one another and also many diff beliefs across the human race. The world will never be a perfect place. With the new tech that is constantly evolving I feel that things will only get worse. 

Two lines from Simon & Garfunkel's "Sounds of Silence":

People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening

WTH, did people forget how to talk?

Edited by EaglesTD123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Rappin hoe,the dude with purple hair

The Purple (p_ _ _ y) people-eater LOL. Was thinkin' of Purple Rain at first, but that would be an indecent reflection towards Prince. Not 'necessarily' due to her sexuality preference, but more related towards the protest. There are more constructive ways to accomplish a particular mission. She took the easy out. AKA "Well………they did it."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2019 at 9:17 PM, ASG15 said:

The complaint is how much they got paid for the world cup.

If you generate say $1000 in revenue and a co worker generates $10,000  in revenue do you think you should both be paid the same?

How about the WNBA. Most of these teams lose money but they think they should be paid equally with the men.

Pay based on emotion is a good way to go bankrupt.

How much of the world cup $$$ for men's.... was due to the US team?  $52.38 ?   Did the men even qualify?  

Bad comparison WNBA or the coworker $10k...  the US mens soccer team is not comparable to USA mens hoops.   Mens basketball is a bigger draw than women's,  and the American players are a big reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

In 1974 they used my picture in the annual HS yearbook doing an activity and didn't ask me.Therefore,I need retroactive pay or to file a lawsuit for not being paid for the use of my image.With interest,I think 15 million would do it

Wow.... how many yearbooks did they sell due to your photo? $15 mil?  You must have been quite a specimen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now