DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Don't want this international BS.It is havoc on the players and schedules and since not ALL have to fly overseas,is this really fair?

Already a done deal. Happening anyway. But this would mean every team has to do it...not just a few. NFL is building a stadium in England already. 

15 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Already a done deal. Happening anyway. But this would mean every team has to do it...not just a few. NFL is building a stadium in England already. 

They tried NFL Europe.Massive fail.That would be great.Eagles in Barcelona Thursday and in Seattle on Monday.Logistical disaster

24 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The new stadium is not the NFL's although they did have input in case it was to be a future NFL stadium.It's a soccer stadium in Tottenham,but with more NFL flavor

11 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

They tried NFL Europe.Massive fail.That would be great.Eagles in Barcelona Thursday and in Seattle on Monday.Logistical disaster

The game as grown a ton and has gotten a lot larger following overseas compared to when NFL Europe was going on.....

Also Top Tier NFL talent vs preseason talents of the Europe teams does it really compare....

Also like Ham states the NFL is doing it regardless we play what 2-4 games a year now in England....They have been trying to get games in Mexico as well now....Sure they will attempt Canada again shortly enough

33 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

The new stadium is not the NFL's although they did have input in case it was to be a future NFL stadium.It's a soccer stadium in Tottenham,but with more NFL flavor

It’s not theirs but they did help fund it. It has separate locker rooms for nfl use. They have an artificial turf separate for the nfl games. Not sure the goals of the NFL investment but it’s sizable. I believe I remember the first payment was like 12 million.

36 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

It’s not theirs but they did help fund it. It has separate locker rooms for nfl use. They have an artificial turf separate for the nfl games. Not sure the goals of the NFL investment but it’s sizable. I believe I remember the first payment was like 12 million.

Probably better facilities NFL wise than Wembley has

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

The game as grown a ton and has gotten a lot larger following overseas compared to when NFL Europe was going on.....

Also Top Tier NFL talent vs preseason talents of the Europe teams does it really compare....

Also like Ham states the NFL is doing it regardless we play what 2-4 games a year now in England....They have been trying to get games in Mexico as well now....Sure they will attempt Canada again shortly enough

Then they better get a license to change it to the IFL

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

That way they could expand the game the most. Play in plenty of different countries. And they also could play in several other US cities that don’t have a team. Doesn’t sound like a bad idea. I don’t think you could do a divisional game. 

Doesn't sound like a bad concept as far as expanding the NFL pedigree, but I think the int'l games are hard on the players. It's bad enough just going from the right/left coasts. Def not division games away from either adversaries' turf. Would upset the balance of the 2 games. This would also affect fans that have intentions of going to a divisional matchup specifically. 

Barring the come back of the SST,this will be a logistical disaster

SO,say on a fluke the NFL team in London makes the playoffs and has home field.Now all those teams have to play them AWAY from US fans???? Take me on the private jet you have to rent for us Eagles fans to go to London

So you will make Canada change every field they have to the size of the NFL field? And you would in essence have to buy out the CFL

Franchise players must be signed by 4pm today. Could be an interesting day. We can go back to sleep now.

10 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

So you will make Canada change every field they have to the size of the NFL field? And you would in essence have to buy out the CFL

I said they are trying to play games there nothing about a team expanding there....Also even if they did expand it would be one team in one city Toronto already used to hold games for us before lol 

Simple fact is the NFL wants to get more international....We want to play more games in different places hence the games in London already, why they keep trying to get a game in Mexico City....Even heard they wanted to try and get a game played in China and Germany....Not saying these places get franchises but the NFL is definitely trying to play games there 

Love how I’ve seen Melvin Gordon linked to Philly in trade talks like we haven’t already invest at RB in Howard and drafted a rookie in the 2nd round.....

I mean Gordon would fit great in our O but no we don’t need him now 

Besides a crowded RB room, wouldn't Gordon just be a rental? We have 2 often injured already on cal w/ Ajayi and Sproles who both have better attitudes and would cost less. Funny, as if he doesn't come with enough baggage, they're saying we'd trade a 1 and an OL, naming usually Mailatta.

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

Besides a crowded RB room, wouldn't Gordon just be a rental? We have 2 often injured already on cal w/ Ajayi and Sproles who both have better attitudes and would cost less. Funny, as if he doesn't come with enough baggage, they're saying we'd trade a 1 and an OL, naming usually Mailatta.

He would want a new deal assumption would be if traded he likely has a new deal in place before hand 

I think Gordon has a good attitude just wants to get paid and he deserves it....Easy top 5 back in the NFL and his shelve live isn’t going to be long 

2 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

What about a trade involving AG?

1st dullass paid lawrence. Then Dak said no homie discount. Now this scene;

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2019/7/15/20695146/ezekiel-elliott-hold-out-training-camp-new-contract-report-cowboys-running-back-news-dallas-nfl-rb?utm_campaign=bleedinggreennation&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Gonna enjoy this movie

Hands free crutch baby! Anyone w/ foot/ankle op like mine tomorrow am should find this a few weeks ahead of time and practice, but it's great!

https://iwalk-free.com/

I am interested to see how Dallas handles their contract woes. Cooper, Elliott, Prescott, Collins, Jones, Thomas and probably others I missed. They only have 74 Mil in cap space next year. Prescott will command 25 mil min. Elliott will want to be at least 14 Mil per. Cooper will want around 14 mil per. that is half of their total space next year....

Stine - is that 74 mill after Lawrence? They're actually in better shape than I'd hoped they were.

Pain meds are wonderful right now, will be sick of them in a few days - don't like them. They never recommend a few too many Beefeater martinis! Alcohol inhibits healing, bummer.

On 7/14/2019 at 11:04 PM, GreenbleedinFL said:

SO,say on a fluke the NFL team in London makes the playoffs and has home field.Now all those teams have to play them AWAY from US fans???? Take me on the private jet you have to rent for us Eagles fans to go to London

I love missing time on these discussions and then coming in to see thos kind of stuff....  GBFL is my favorite by far!      Talk about getting games played outside the US, and then automatically jumping ahead 20 steps in putting a franchise there.   LOL  It's two different discussions.   Same with Canada an Mexico.   

Minor league idea is great ... except as we discussed so many times, there is a reason why these leagues fold unlike baseball.   Too many logistics to get a minor league team for 32 different franchises and then also run that league with all the travel, pay, roster size, scheduling ...etc.  On numbers alone... if you got 40 players for each team, thats 40x32 = 1280 players .... minor league players to boot.  I don't see that happening with all due respect ... because the idea of a minor league in any sport is obviously a good one.  Just think there is a reason we don't see it in football.  Other leagues ... sure ... CFL, Arena ... but not minor leagues.  They would have figured it out by now.  

My two cents on the 18 games.   16 games is enough.  fits perfectly with how they pick the opponents.     2 games without top players is a dumb idea.... like really dumb.    You would need to expand the rosters ... and I think as preseason and "minor league"  lack of interest in seeing guys who are not the best at what they do .... I don't think it goes over well.  

Weeks 16 and 17 can already be brutal if teams have clinched or been eliminated ... to expand that further with the possibility of more meaningless games... who needs that?   What if the backup QB gets injured in one of his two starts????  Do you have to go with #3 now for a game via a rule?   That's dumb.   Do we need regular season games in August?    Do we need regular season games in mid January????    Football is a fall sport, the more you vary it away from September to December the more of that you take away.    I would go 14 games before I would go to 18.   Sure its about $$$$$ ... you guys make enough.    Ham is right, Thursday waters it down enough.   A few more international games (even though I'm not a fan of that either)... but that makes more sense than any of these other changes if you desperately need to make a few more bucks.   

The beauty of football... start in mid September ... finish the first weekend in Feb.     Hockey starts 3 weeks later and finished on June 12.    NBA started a month later and finished on June 13th.     Football less than 5 months .... the other two take up 8 months.   Not only does the shorter season make it better during the season... but it makes the offseason better... with free agency, combine, draft, OTAs, minicamps ...etc.   The stages all get their own attention... its a fun buildup.   I know its only two weeks ... but its either the end of the summer or going a couple weeks further in Feb ... makes no sense to me either way.  

I know it is only a video game but find it insane how under rated a player like Bradham is.....Rated as a 79 in the newest madden game not even the highest rated LB on our team in the game with Brown beating him

Also Wentz got a massive snub in the game rated as an 82....Behind the likes of Baker and Goff