DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

1 hour ago, ASG15 said:

Don't forget about Zeke

Someone posted the other day he's gonna hold out unless he gets a new contract.

Does Dallas have a Bell on their hands?

I just looked it up and it appears Zeke's contract is fully guaranteed. He has yet to collet over 24 million, so not sure what Dallas will do there. If he wants Gurley type money, that would increase his salary by around 8 mil per year.

Jordan Howard is making half of what Sanders is this year. I imagine that he will want more money too. I cannot see the Eagles ignoring that contract, can you?

I would think that they want him happy....

51 minutes ago, stine said:

Jordan Howard is making half of what Sanders is this year. I imagine that he will want more money too. I cannot see the Eagles ignoring that contract, can you?

My guess is, Jordan Howard hits FA in 2020. They didn't invest a lot to get him.

I'm also not sure what Sanders you're referring too, if it's Miles Sanders, no he isn't.

3 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

My guess is, Jordan Howard hits FA in 2020. They didn't invest a lot to get him.

I'm also not sure what Sanders you're referring too, if it's Miles Sanders, no he isn't.

My guess was the same on Howard that we rent him for cheap this year collect on the comp pick when he likely signs a good size deal as a FA....Though would be nice to keep the possible 1-2 duo of Howard and Sanders 

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

My guess was the same on Howard that we rent him for cheap this year collect on the comp pick when he likely signs a good size deal as a FA....Though would be nice to keep the possible 1-2 duo of Howard and Sanders 

I'll take Jonathan Taylor from Wisconsin to pair with Sanders.

https://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/756047-jonathan-taylor-wisconsin-rb-2020-draft-early-entry/

6 hours ago, stine said:

No need to worry about his contract. If he works out and wants a team friendly deal...then maybe. But a comp pick is coming for us when he leaves. It was a one year rental. Great play with great terms could change that....but seems unlikely.

Most of the RBs went in the third round of the draft this season. You could get a fourth or fifth round comp for Howard ...the writing would be on the wall.

50 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Would be fine with that but can we really see us double dipping on high RB draft picks lol....Early signs are pointing to him being one of the top guys 

41 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

London is a tough trip for the players. But LA isn’t close to anyone either. Money talks.

Aren’t there like 4 teams in CA lol....Plus all the west coast teams plenty of teams close to LA

55 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

The kid has nice vision, elusiveness, and power. Good stuff at link DC

14 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Aren’t there like 4 teams in CA lol....Plus all the west coast teams plenty of teams close to LA

Two of those are LA(now) which is what we are talking about. Two teams in Cali—-Santa Clara Niners and Oak Raiders(last season). Seattle isn’t anywhere near La La Land. Cardinals aren’t too far.

18 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Would be fine with that but can we really see us double dipping on high RB draft picks lol....Early signs are pointing to him being one of the top guys 

Yes, and here's why. The only RB under contract after the 2019 season is, Miles Sanders.

27 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Yes, and here's why. The only RB under contract after the 2019 season is, Miles Sanders.

I mean I’ll never say never but just seems u likely we take another RB high...I could completely see us drafting another RB but in the later rounds 

28 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Two of those are LA(now) which is what we are talking about. Two teams in Cali—-Santa Clara Niners and Oak Raiders(last season). Seattle isn’t anywhere near La La Land. Cardinals aren’t too far.

What is it a 2 hr flight for Seattle lol....Of anything shouldn’t we be complaining about a team in Seattle away from everyone not the LA franchises 

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

London is a tough trip for the players. But LA isn’t close to anyone either. Money talks.

San Francisco, Seattle, Oakland/ Las Vegas,  Denver, Arizona and Kansas City ...  the division opponents for the 2 LA teams.   2: 43 flight time from the farthest point ... Kansas City 

FYI ... Philly to Dallas is 3:35 ... almost an hour further than the furthest divisional flight an LA team would have...  

But in reference to Jax moving to London ...

London to Nashville  .... 9:05
London to Indy   ..........11:17 
London to Houston ....10:15     

EHHHHH... IDK, to me... just a slight difference between London and  LA?????    A slight 6 hours and 38 minute difference from the nearest divisional opponent for London and the farthest for LA. 

The money would not only have to talk... but walk, cook, clean and much more!     Don't see ONLY one team doing it, it will need to be a whole division to be fair.   

i just can’t wait to see this Eagles O this year with a healthy Wentz....Wentz getting a full offseason again to work with his weapons(last time he had that put together an MVP caliber season)....

Added bonus he already has couple season working with Alshon now....Djax is likely the best deep threat he has had since he got here as well 

Also on paper at least he seems to be the most talent RB pool he has ever had as well.

So I've seen now where our OL was rated the top in the league ...and now PFF rates our pass rush the top in the league.      I've seen where our offensive weapons were also rated towards the top.    Good ammunition for an MVP candidate type QB to work with.  

Love how this team is built now under this current regime. 

2 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

What is it a 2 hr flight for Seattle lol....Of anything shouldn’t we be complaining about a team in Seattle away from everyone not the LA franchises 

Oops... I was incorrect ... Seattle to LA is about a 2:55 flight.    Longer than Kansas City by a few minutes.... now we are getting closer to that 9 to 11 hours from London to the AFC south cities.  

The movie the Godfather is 2:58 minutes ... wouldn't be able to finish those on a flight from LA to any of the 6 division opponents.   

If you wanted to watch the Godfather trilogy ... 2:58 + 3:22+ 2:50 ..... 9:10 total ... you could do it from London to the nearest division opponent in Nashville ... if they took the extra 5 minutes to taxi back into the gate.  Do it with a 2 hour nap and have time to get to Indy!   

Boston to LA you can watch the first 2 ... exactly the 6:20 flight time.     Miami to Seattle will give you 5 minutes to spare with a 6:25 flight time.   Not sure how often Boston to LA flight will occur .... guess once every 6 years to the Chargers barring any additional mathcups there.... and once every 8 years to play the Rams.     Miami to Seattle would be once in 8 years.       Again, a little different than having to do three 9 to 11 hour flights each year , on top of another 5 that could range from 7:30 to 11:15 each.   

4 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

If it's what's best for the long haul of the team money/quality then sure, I can see Howie & rest of personnel dept. make the move.  

43 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Oops... I was incorrect ... Seattle to LA is about a 2:55 flight.    Longer than Kansas City by a few minutes.... now we are getting closer to that 9 to 11 hours from London to the AFC south cities.  

The movie the Godfather is 2:58 minutes ... wouldn't be able to finish those on a flight from LA to any of the 6 division opponents.   

If you wanted to watch the Godfather trilogy ... 2:58 + 3:22+ 2:50 ..... 9:10 total ... you could do it from London to the nearest division opponent in Nashville ... if they took the extra 5 minutes to taxi back into the gate.  Do it with a 2 hour nap and have time to get to Indy!   

Boston to LA you can watch the first 2 ... exactly the 6:20 flight time.     Miami to Seattle will give you 5 minutes to spare with a 6:25 flight time.   Not sure how often Boston to LA flight will occur .... guess once every 6 years to the Chargers barring any additional mathcups there.... and once every 8 years to play the Rams.     Miami to Seattle would be once in 8 years.       Again, a little different than having to do three 9 to 11 hour flights each year , on top of another 5 that could range from 7:30 to 11:15 each.   

Can't get a much better mental-friendly analogy than that lol

Why all this talk about expanding to London? It is not logistically probable. I see all these flight times for the division. But what about flight times to the west coast teams? That would place a tremendous wear and tear on the London team from travel alone! It isn't going to happen. It is one thing to have any team play 1 game there, but a whole different thing to have a team deal with 8 flights per year of over 6 hours each.

1 hour ago, stine said:

Why all this talk about expanding to London? It is not logistically probable. I see all these flight times for the division. But what about flight times to the west coast teams? That would place a tremendous wear and tear on the London team from travel alone! It isn't going to happen. It is one thing to have any team play 1 game there, but a whole different thing to have a team deal with 8 flights per year of over 6 hours each.

Well it started with us talking about the NFL expanding playing games overseas since they have been playing in London, trying to get games in Mexico...Have had games in Canada....Even heard rumors of us trying for games in China and Germany in the future.....But since apparently because we want to play a few games overseas and try and increase our market we must put a franchise in every place we play lol 

23 hours ago, stine said:

He was being eased out in Chicago.He took a contract where he could play more on a potential SB team(here).We got him at a good price on a show me deal.If he performs as I think he will,I see no reason not to sign him for a longer term.But we shall see.At worst he is a temp to get Sanders into the fold.Having Howard,Sanders as a 1/2 punch and Clement as a third down COP back would suit me just fine for as long as they can be effective  

17 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

Like that kid from Georiga also early on

17 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

Assuming we do well this year I highly doubt we would be in a position to draft him.I see us going fairly early on one though not round 1 where Taylor should go unless Howard shows us he is the back he once was.It would take alot of draft capital to move up for him