DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

3 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Or... if there is a lockout, that means there is no actual season... thus not losing a year... you follow?  The second season would be 2022 instead of 2021. 

I would think that the case if the players strike. If the owners lockout they have to pay still. Seems like that would constitute a season. Or ....we have seen a shortened season after prolonged negotiations. I also believe this would count as a season(even if it’s only eight games). But I’m a believer in it matters which side has to pull the plug...owners or players.

NFL just declared it's OK to threaten and terrorize a woman and young child. Just love what's becoming acceptable these days. Flame if you want, he's scum and it's all I'll say on it.

Hit the lottery, move to Curacao, never listen to the news again.

On 7/18/2019 at 8:02 AM, stine said:

Why all this talk about expanding to London? It is not logistically probable. I see all these flight times for the division. But what about flight times to the west coast teams? That would place a tremendous wear and tear on the London team from travel alone! It isn't going to happen. It is one thing to have any team play 1 game there, but a whole different thing to have a team deal with 8 flights per year of over 6 hours each.

Guess we'll need teams in Tokoyo and in Guam for the West Coast teams!!

24 minutes ago, EaglesNJ69 said:

Guess we'll need teams in Tokoyo and in Guam for the West Coast teams!!

Guam?

Have you ever been to Guam? If you build a stadium there the island will tip over.

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I would think that the case if the players strike. If the owners lockout they have to pay still. Seems like that would constitute a season. Or ....we have seen a shortened season after prolonged negotiations. I also believe this would count as a season(even if it’s only eight games). But I’m a believer in it matters which side has to pull the plug...owners or players.

Idk... what happened in the NHL?

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I've seen where the players are preparing for a lockout or no season on 2021.  Can't be a strike without a CBA in place.   Basically preparing for not getting paid.

Same deal with the NHL.   And logic here... if the players were getting paid during a lockout, what is the incentive for the players to rush to get a deal done?   

Like I said,  it will be interesting to see how the trade value is for the end of the 1st round picks as they are probably the last group available to get a 5th year option for team control. 

Because even if they lose a year in your way of thinking... then so do the draft picks outside of round 1... they would only get 3 years instead of 4.  Either way it's an extra year's worth of control.  Right?

4 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

NFL just declared it's OK to threaten and terrorize a woman and young child. Just love what's becoming acceptable these days. Flame if you want, he's scum and it's all I'll say on it.

Hit the lottery, move to Curacao, never listen to the news again.

I won't comment here

I'm really surprised the NFL didn't do anything with the  Hill incident.

The problem with these stories is we seldom get the facts. It may have been found out to be an unfounded accusation.

It's not like the NFL hasn't dealt with high profile cases severely in the past.

10 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

I'm really surprised the NFL didn't do anything with the  Hill incident.

The problem with these stories is we seldom get the facts. It may have been found out to be an unfounded accusation.

It's not like the NFL hasn't dealt with high profile cases severely in the past.

Players union ... all the prior suspensions where there were complaints.   Due process... if a guy isnt absolutely proven to have done somethign wrong ...etc.   He said she said etc.    Can the NFL do anything legally here with Hill?   Ray Rice was caught on video ... easy decision there.   I'm sure their hands are tied with this one until absolute proof is there.   D. Smith will make sure the dictator Goodell won't do anything until then.   But it's just camp now ... more time, more investigating, I'm sure Hill isn't out of the woods yet.  

Of course that is a little sarcastic ... but that's the situation ... regardless of what the league does ... its the wrong decision.   Always Goodell's fault.    He is either the dictator or the guy who lets everything go.     

IDK, how about you let the guy play .... Mahomes throws a ball slightly high and then he gets drilled.   ????  Old school style.  

16 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Wow we signed Sproles....not shocked he is back more shocked it is this early....not a good sign for the fridge guys 

I like it if for nothing else it gives a steady presence  in the RB room

Fridge guys???

2 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Wow we signed Sproles....not shocked he is back more shocked it is this early....not a good sign for the fridge guys 

Must be a favor to him.It's a pity we will now have to lose someone YOUNG for a guy we know only has a year left

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Fringe lmao typo 

Welp someone's gonna get iced here

2 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I am surprised.Apparently they are fine with next years draft class.This will pretty much decide Pumps future and Adams probably also.Someone will go on "mystery IR" unless as I said we have our sights set on the 2020 RB draft class(in the event Howard goes and Sproles should go) Leaves Sanders and Clement and maybe Smalls/Scott and a 2020 draft choice.I hope Howard pans out so we wont have to deal with this.From what I have heard we like Boston Scott,so we should be fine no matter 

1 hour ago, ASG15 said:

I like it if for nothing else it gives a steady presence  in the RB room

Fridge guys???

I like having Sproles back... Darren been an Eagle for awhile...  Agreed it takes one of the young guys spot, Sproles experience clearly a factor when in the backfield with Carson. I like Josh Adams, love his size speed ... Smallwood showed up last year his production was a surprise, losing Barrett Brooks really impacted our run game our OL health and Cohesiveness wasn’t  very strong musical chairs all year....against the Saints losing Brooks changed our rhythm.....JP, DJax, Sproles,  I want them guys to finish on that SB note. Keep those New guys caring the load throughout the season . Sproles tunes up and get unleashed in the playoffs.

22 minutes ago, trini said:

I like having Sproles back... Darren been an Eagle for awhile...  Agreed it takes one of the young guys spot, I like Josh Adams, love his size speed ... Smallwood showed up last year his production was a surprise, losing Barrett Brooks really impacted our run game against the Saints JP, DJax, Sproles,  I want them guys to finish on that SB note. Keep those New guys caring the load throughout the season . Sproles tunes up and get unleashed in the playoffs.

Love Sproles,but emotions aside IDK if this is the best move for the team.Apparently we think we have enough guys to let him play a few snaps and get a ring out of it.Sorry,can't say I like this move biz wise.Emotionally I love the move, but it puts a future player out.I'm sure he didn't cost much but puts a guy like Scott at risk(who we seem to like alot).Maybe we can work a trade deal kinda like the Bryce Brown thing with someone we have now.I'm thinking we did this now,before camp in the event some teams 2/3 RB gets hurt and we can offer them a trade,because obviously Sproles wouldn't have a trade value

My guess is 4 RBs all but set outside of an injury with Howard/Miles/Sproles/Clement.... Wouldn’t be shocked to see us carry a 5th RB into the season for him to get "HURT” with a mystery injury and placed on IR....And likely stash a guy we like on PS as well 

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Love Sproles,but emotions aside IDK if this is the best move for the team.Apparently we think we have enough guys to let him play a few snaps and get a ring out of it.Sorry,can't say I like this move biz wise.Emotionally I love the move, but it puts a future player out.I'm sure he didn't cost much but puts a guy like Scott at risk(who we seem to like alot).Maybe we can work a trade deal kinda like the Bryce Brown thing with someone we have now.I'm thinking we did this now,before camp in the event some teams 2/3 RB gets hurt and we can offer them a trade

Agreed... I am hoping for a healthy Sproles, the return of a motivated player...ready for a run with a team loaded for a Championship. This team may be seeding young players and talent for the long run.... BUT the Eagles are also in win now mode. Who would you want blocking for Wentz fourth quarter in the playoffs . I like having that experience back there with Carson.

Just now, trini said:

Agreed... I am hoping for a healthy Sproles, the return of a motivated player...ready for a run with a team loaded for a Championship. This team may be seeding young players and talent for the long run.... BUT the Eagles are also in win now mode. Who would you want blocking for Wentz fourth quarter in the playoffs . I like having that experience back there with Carson.

Who would I want blocking for Wentz....Jordan Howard most underrated part of his game top pass protector at RB on our team....What I do like having in Sproles is a proven pass catching option out the backfield and another proven returner(Djax was never going to be the primary guy) but Sproles would be 

Really clinging to these old great players. This will be three years too long for Sproles. Pretty much the same with Peters. Hopefully he can stay healthy. Punt returner job is locked down now. That’s the main thing he brings to the table at this point. Reliable and trusty back there for that job. I feel like 53 man roster is pretty limiting so I wouldn’t have gone this route. Really felt like it was time to move on towards the young RBs. Develop Adams. See what Scott has. Pretty much shuts all that down. Invested in Clement and Sanders solely now. Which isn’t a bad thing. Two good young backs in my prediction. Sproles is a quality veteran to set a good example of being a hard working professional. He’s always been an easy guy to root for.

Brett Favre says he’ll come out of retirement to be the backup QB. Terrell Owens is ready to strap it on for one more season also. Trent Cole thinks he has another magical season rushing the passer left in him.

47 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Brett Favre says he’ll come out of retirement to be the backup QB. Terrell Owens is ready to strap it on for one more season also. Trent Cole thinks he has another magical season rushing the passer left in him.

Well we very likely could see one more old head signed for competition at DE in Connor Barwin who wants to return me could likely be had for nothing 

Sproles...

Will he take preseason reps away from the young guys...  highly doubt it. 

Ohhh... if he is worse than the young guys will he make the team.... highly doubt it. 

He is here for ONE reason... to help the Eagles win the Superbowl... that's it and that should be the only thing that matters to us fans. 

Go develop someone else on their own time,  my agenda is ONLY a SB title.