DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

4 hours ago, senhorcook said:

Hi Eagle fans! I’ve been buried with my new work responsibilities, but I was VERY excited to hear the news of Sproles coming back for one more season. Not only do I love how he plays the game, but I also think he will be able to teach the rookie how to be a professional. May Sanders LISTEN!

Good to hear from ya Marathon Man

43 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Good to hear from ya Marathon Man

Thank you EaglesTD123! I did compete in another Spartan race here in Boise (SPRINT of 4 miles), but missed an obstacle and had to do 30 burpees. Went from 40th overall to 90th just because of the burpees....out of about 1,200 runners. Dang it! Finished 13th in age group. Training was lacking as I have some severe tendonitis going on in my achilles tendon. Getting old really sucks! Gotta take some time off and heal up so I can compete later in the year.

Lots of talk about Sudfield. No offense, but I hope we don't see him at all after the preseason.

By the way, great to see all of the regulars (diehard) Eagles fans are still here. Enjoy reading opinions of all of the Eagles fans here. Still wearing all of my Super Bowl Champions apparel with pride! GO BIRDS!

2 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

LOL, I didn't say not to use the aerial attack. Keep the run working enough (aka pass game) to keep Coach's confidence in calling runs and help keep the D from teeing off. The OL is plenty talented enough to give Wentz time to pick the D apart and take shots. Maintain a healthy mix according to what the game dictates.  Let Wentz fire as needed. Like I said, the opponent and/or score will help determine the flow on offense. IDK if the D/scheme will be talented enough for the O to simply play 'smash mouth' keep away. 

Well you agreed with Ham that we "go conservative" to "save Wentz's health" and I am simply disagreeing with that assessment and that they are going to let him loose.I don't see "conservative" at all with this team.I see a team who wants 42 points a game.Unless you are playing a HS team,you're not doing that on the ground.We have the aerial weapons and we paid big bucks to get/keep them

40 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

Thank you EaglesTD123! I did compete in another Spartan race here in Boise (SPRINT of 4 miles), but missed an obstacle and had to do 30 burpees. Went from 40th overall to 90th just because of the burpees....out of about 1,200 runners. Dang it! Finished 13th in age group. Training was lacking as I have some severe tendonitis going on in my achilles tendon. Getting old really sucks! Gotta take some time off and heal up so I can compete later in the year.

Lots of talk about Sudfield. No offense, but I hope we don't see him at all after the preseason.

Nope don't want to see Suds either lol

6 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

Burpees-You mean like squat thrusts?  Thirteenth isn't outstanding, but not bad either. Esp. considering your achilles.

Likewise. I'd like to see a considerable amount of playing time from Sudfeld, but rather not. However, I trust the coaching staff. Sudfeld's in his current position to be (more than likely) #2 for a reason. Rather see Carson have a prosperous season though. SB LIV? Although I wouldn't put it all on Wentz if no SB. No 'I' in team

30 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Well you agreed with Ham that we "go conservative" to "save Wentz's health" and I am simply disagreeing with that assessment and that they are going to let him loose.I don't see "conservative" at all with this team.I see a team who wants 42 points a game.Unless you are playing a HS team,you're not doing that on the ground.We have the aerial weapons and we paid big bucks to get/keep them

You got me there for not giving detail lol

21 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I don't see "conservative" at all with this team.I see a team who wants 42 points a game.

Every team wants as many scores as possible. The question is will they. They have the tools, now they have to construct the house. Do I have confidence? A resounding YES!

I’m going to go with the game will dictate whether we are pass heavy or run heavy lol....If we have big leads we will see us run more often if we are trailing big we will end up passing heavy.....I mean I would love to only have to have Wentz pass 25-30 times a game because we have massive leads perfectly fine with that 

But away from the O end right now my CBS would be....

Darby(when healthy) and Douglas- outside starters

Maddox-Slot CB

Leblanc- primary slot backup

Jones/Mills- one as a trade chip other as the top backup 

Lot can change throughout the TC/PS but how it stands for me right now 

On 7/19/2019 at 10:39 AM, ASG15 said:

Guam?

Have you ever been to Guam? If you build a stadium there the island will tip over.

Yes, I have.  On my way to, at that time, Saigon!!

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I’m going to go with the game will dictate whether we are pass heavy or run heavy lol....If we have big leads we will see us run more often if we are trailing big we will end up passing heavy.....I mean I would love to only have to have Wentz pass 25-30 times a game because we have massive leads perfectly fine with that 

All 32 teams do this

10 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Every team wants as many scores as possible. The question is will they. They have the tools, now they have to construct the house. Do I have confidence? A resounding YES!

Let's not forget either the emergence last year of Goedert,who,besides all our other weapons, will now have to defensively be accounted for. I was scanning the league rosters as to which team could cover all the weapons we have.My conclusion is ZERO. Wentz needs to speed up his reads.Someone will be open and he just has to get the ball there.Also don't count Howard out as a receiver.Although he is known as a banger,the dude can catch,make no mistake,although someone will, and they will get their jocks handed to them.If this team is firing on all cylinders,I'm not being biased,I see noone who can stop us.They key to the SB rests with the Oline.I commend the Eagles FO,for not resting on their SB laurels,but keeping things moving forward.I am looking forward also to seeing Barnett pancake some QB's 

Also of interest to me will be seeing Dillard working his way into more snaps.Gotta face the fact Peters is aging,but the young kid can spell him more as the season goes on

16 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Wow, short on field practice times, less than 1 1/2 hrs. Can't be due to the heat or they'd practice in the bubble.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2019/7/22/20701053/eagles-training-camp-practice-schedule-2019-philadelphia-dates-times-open-tickets-information-nfl

Nah,they mix longer ones in later.Not how long the practices are,it's what you accomplish within that time and we have ALOT of talent for the coaches to look at.Going to be some tough decisions down the road

So how do they approach the preseason? Do the stars barely play like the Rams did last year? Do they go ‘all out’ to build chemistry? Just a normal preseason schedule?

15 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So how do they approach the preseason? Do the stars barely play like the Rams did last year? Do they go ‘all out’ to build chemistry? Just a normal preseason schedule?

Most of our guys have been together for 2 plus years now....Approach like any other have the walk through during game 3 maybe the starters play the half....first two games maybe a series or two for the starters but nothing else....

50 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I am looking forward also to seeing Barnett pancake some QB's 

I'm starving to see a healthy Barnett and witness him opening a season long can of whoop-a$$

36 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Lmao exactly the point so why are we debating being run or pass heavy lol 

Stating the obvious gets your these responses lol.It's a passing league and we will/can do that.I'm looking at roughly a 60/40 split unless we are playing someone with no D line

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Stating the obvious gets your these responses lol.It's a passing league and we will/can do that.I'm looking at roughly a 60/40 split unless we are playing someone with no D line

Lmao 60/40 is the norm in the nfl that isn’t being pass happy at all  

1 hour ago, EaglesNJ69 said:

Yes, I have.  On my way to, at that time, Saigon!!

I'm sorry you had to experience charlie's hell pit of the earth!