DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

56 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So how do they approach the preseason? Do the stars barely play like the Rams did last year? Do they go ‘all out’ to build chemistry? Just a normal preseason schedule?

We have lots of talent to review. think we see everyone early and as they weed through them,those bubble players will play more.Lots of decisions to make

16 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Lmao 60/40 is the norm in the nfl that isn’t being pass happy at all  

Depends if you count(or dont) passes to RB's.If we do that then it could got go 70/30 depending on whats effective

Payton Manning was good at getting rid of the ball. Not every playwas a great play. You need to throw it away and play the next down sometimes. And Manning didn’t run the ball and take hits. Those are the issues that concern me with Carson. He thinks he can always get away and make the spectacular play happen. And mostly he can. But we need him healthy. We need him to not absorb those hits. Get rid of the ball. Slide early. He has to get this mentality down. Big games are different. Go for it in those moments. But in the routine season can’t afford to take the punishment.

18 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Payton Manning was good at getting rid of the ball. Not every playwas a great play. You need to throw it away and play the next down sometimes. And Manning didn’t run the ball and take hits. Those are the issues that concern me with Carson. He thinks he can always get away and make the spectacular play happen. And mostly he can. But we need him healthy. We need him to not absorb those hits. Get rid of the ball. Slide early. He has to get this mentality down. Big games are different. Go for it in those moments. But in the routine season can’t afford to take the punishment.

Isn't Peyton to Harrison still the #1 all time combo?

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Depends if you count(or dont) passes to RB's.If we do that then it could got go 70/30 depending on whats effective

Not a good idea. We need to focus on running the ball this season. Quick passes are fine. But this is a very talented team. If we rely on the defense and running game mostly....should still be playoff bound. Open things up against dallas and maybe a select game or two late and winning the division should be accomplishable. That’s a home field playoff game. Rather have a healthy Wentz than the number one seed. It’s all about goals. 

21 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Hopefully he has learned this.I know it was tough for him during the SB being sidelined

15 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Not a good idea. We need to focus on running the ball this season. Quick passes are fine. But this is a very talented team. If we rely on the defense and running game mostly....should still be playoff bound. Open things up against dallas and maybe a select game or two late and winning the division should be accomplishable. That’s a home field playoff game. Rather have a healthy Wentz than the number one seed. It’s all about goals. 

Don't see it.I see us relying on the passing game more than usual including more passes to RB's

39 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Lmao exactly the point so why are we debating being run or pass heavy lol 

1) Deprived of football action. 2) Not much else better to discuss at this point. LOL. Maybe things pick up a tad on Thur?

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Don't see it.I see us relying on the passing game more than usual

To what end? Trying to break regular season records? Want as many people as possible in the Pro Bowl? Desperate for the number one seed?

No need. The goal is Lombardi. These other things matter very little. Win the division and be as healthy as possible for the postseason. That’s how I prioritize this season.

To what end? Trying to break regular season records? Want as many people as possible in the Pro Bowl? Desperate for the number one seed?

No need. The goal is Lombardi. These other things matter very little. Win the division and be as healthy as possible for the postseason. That’s how I prioritize this season.

We invested in play makers.We invested in WR's.Why bring them in if your going to run the ball all day>? With all the weapons surely Wentz can find at LEAST an outlet receiver,so he should not have to force his own plays much

To what end? How about winning games? How do you win the division without winning games?

I’m thinking Anti-Chip Kelly. I want the team to play the least amount of snaps this season of anyone. Run the ball. Kill the clock. That effectively shortens the season.

14 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m thinking Anti-Chip Kelly. I want the team to play the least amount of snaps this season of anyone. Run the ball. Kill the clock. That effectively shortens the season.

Play conservative you LOSE.All indications of what we did/who we got tell me they are going the opposite direction.SCORE lots of points!

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

We invested in play makers.We invested in WR's.Why bring them in if your going to run the ball all day>? With all the weapons surely Wentz can find at LEAST an outlet receiver,so he should not have to force his own plays much

To what end? How about winning games?

We can’t win games running the ball and playing defense? I think we can. A very good team assembled. Invested in WR isn’t going to win the Super Bowl if Carson is banged up. We need those passing weapons. I’m focused on having them for the big games. I’m not concerned with being the ‘all air it out team.’

15 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We can’t win games running the ball and playing defense? I think we can. A very good team assembled. Invested in WR isn’t going to win the Super Bowl if Carson is banged up. We need those passing weapons. I’m focused on having them for the big games. I’m not concerned with being the ‘all air it out team.’

LOL OH we have WR"s now,you dont think thats gonna slow the pass rush at all???(aka less risk to Wentz)

I say to D's-go ahead and tee off on wentz and watch the scoreboard light up

Yeah but this isn't the 70's Steelers here

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Play conservative you LOSE.All indications of what we did/who we got tell me they are going the opposite direction.SCORE lots of points!

Brought in DT Jackson and LB Brown to play defense. Invested in all these young DBs to play defense. This defense should be able to keep points to a minimum. Meaning conservative approach should be fine.

20 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/rushing/sort/rushingYards/league/nfc   I see Howard ranked with 0ver 900 yards in a REDUCED role in Chicago.Easliy could see him over 1,000 here

So, you've changed your mind of wondering if he'll pick up where he left off before last season? Or is that an incorrect assumption on my part?

19 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We won the SB WITHOUT Wentz.So you say Suds isn't Foles.ok granted,but maybe he IS.next man UP.It's NFL life

14 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

So, you've changed your mind of wondering if he'll pick up where he left off before last season? Or is that an incorrect assumption on my part?

Think he will best these stats.Remember he was being phased out in Chicago and still got 950 yards

19 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Hopefully he has learned this.I know it was tough for him during the SB being sidelined

19 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Agreed  

19 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Don't see it.I see us relying on the passing game more than usual including more passes to RB's

This will change from week to week depending on opponent and game flow. But basically you're in the ball park of today's NFL. I'm just nitpicking. 

Brought in DT Jackson and LB Brown to play defense. Invested in all these young DBs to play defense. This defense should be able to keep points to a minimum. Meaning conservative approach should be fine.

My view-we score lots of points(similar to the old COLTS) Difference is our D is better than theirs was.They won SB"s by simply outscoring you.See the same thing going here.The D will do enough

15 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Agreed  

This will change from week to week depending on opponent and game flow. But basically you're in the ball park of today's NFL. I'm just nitpicking. 

What I'm saying is we surrounded Wentz with weapons.He should rarely have to force a play on his own.We have a deep threat we didnt have before,ALL our RB's can catch.Goedert is now someone to reckon with and as hard as I tried,I could find NO team that can cover everyone 

16 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Not if the secondary is being lit up. Which is an unknown like everything else to a point. 

My guess is the Eagles will be a relatively balanced attack 45(r)-55(p) run pass ratio....Would be my guess....But again it all going to be dictated BY WHATS HAPPENING IN THE GAMES!!!!!!!!!!