DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

However you need to make something simple complicated to make yourself feel smart is fine .... again... we won';t be relying on our running game and defense with Wentz just showing up two or three times this year ... not going to happen.   But better play calling with more balance and better RB talent in the passing game ... sure.   Not quite check down Foles though.   

Still seems pretty elementary to me. It’s just all passes aren’t equal. And everyone here on this board has an understanding of that. So run/pass ratio is fine. But stats are much more advanced now. And I can’t really just ignore that. We’ve evolved from the seventies. 

77 receptions from .... Smallwood, Clement, Sproles, Adams and Ajayi last year.    45 rushing attempts from Wentz, Foles and Sudfeld.   

Factor that into the stats ... that's 2 more per game where the pass could be considered a run than a run could be considered a pass.    

But lets bump that up ... receptions for RBs from 77 to 112 ... that's 7 per game ... .you can call them runs.    Then add in all the QB runs and consider them part of the running game.     WE will still have more pass plays than all those #s combined.   According to the trends of the last 3 years.   That's just reality... so to say we can just rely on the running game to carry us... however you wanna twist the stats ... not gonna happen.   #11 is the main piece that will get us from start to finish.  

7 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I did come back pretty immediately and include the short passing game as an extension of the run

Congrats !   

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

An example from me ... the numbers I gave .... with Doug's offense ... however you want to make it complicated ... you can can't the passes to RBs as long handoffs ... we will still have more pass calls than runs.... its just how it is.   We aren't using Wentz sparingly or taking the pressure off of him except for a couple of games.... not happening.   

These are today’s stats

They didn't play today.   

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

An example from me ... the numbers I gave .... with Doug's offense ... however you want to make it complicated ... you can can't the passes to RBs as long handoffs ... we will still have more pass calls than runs.... its just how it is.   We aren't using Wentz sparingly or taking the pressure off of him except for a couple of games.... not happening.   

Just trying to push you to do better...because I know you can.

Just trying to push you to do better...because I know you can.

I'm still stressed from my wedding

Hopefully the stress doesn't lead to a fracture!   

19 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I'm sorry you had to experience charlie's hell pit of the earth!

Thanks, TD

17 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Good thought process..... but let me ask ... we blew out teams a ton that year .... the Dallas game at the end basically didn't count.   Don't you think the numbers were a little skewed... to make it all the way up to 44%?      Lets say we run 66 plays per game ... 44% is 29 runs.    Any of those Wentz kneeling down or a pass call to where Wentz runs with the ball?    In that ratio Wentz passes it 37 times per game.    I think he should finish with 40 or so passes per game... where we run it around 25.   Depending on the blowouts those #s could easily get down to the 37 passes 29 runs per game.

But I wouldn't call that offense a run based offense.   Just run and get Wentz to the playoffs healthy type of offense????   

As the old Dallas players used to say, that they passed a lot more early in the game to score... then ran Emmitt to ice the game.   I'm good with that in general, but I would prefer better timed runs rearly in the game like 2017 as compared to last year where I felt Doug just got completely away from the run.   But we won't ever be more of a run team than a pass team, not going to happen.    

Especially given the present talent level at QB, WR, and TE!!

off the subject..... Smallwood is most likely getting cut this season. My guess is NE picks him up and he goes nuts next season.

9 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Is a "pitch"(lateral) considered a pass? I believe it is

1 hour ago, stine said:

off the subject..... Smallwood is most likely getting cut this season. My guess is NE picks him up and he goes nuts next season.

Figures lol 

1 hour ago, stine said:

I don't see Pump hanging around either

1 hour ago, stine said:

We've said that every year since he was drafted.

He always seems to pull a rabbit out of his hat.

47 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Is a "pitch"(lateral) considered a pass? I believe it is

No.. it's a rush attempt for the guy catching the ball... QB doesn't get any stats on it.  Was a big thing a few years ago in fantasy... not sure if it was Warner or Stafford,  one of them.  Pass to either Fitzgerald or Megatron,  I forget, but it was changed to a run after review that it was backwards.  No credit to the QB.

I don't see Smallwood doing much in New England... not with the guys that they have there already.   I get the idea though.

Maybe it's a positive frame of mind, the 2nd tornado watch in 4 hrs or the oxy, but I still want to see good competition at these positions. No, I never wanted Pump and thought Smalls would be gone by now. Smalls did play better last yr, haven't completely given up on him, wouldn't bet on him. That's what camp's for, see who bounces back from injury, who outperforms the others. Nicer improving upon a SB ready team than a team trying to make the PS, the quality of a lot of our backups would be starters on our own teams of a few yrs ago.

Tornado 2 miles away, I'm non-weight bearing on the operated foot, this is lovely

Well MJK, you let us know it was coming. So you have to report if you made it through. Just watched live footage of a confirmed TD in Harwich.

So why did the Skins get rid of linebacker Mason Foster when he led the team with 131 tackles last year? Is he lousy in pass coverage or something?

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

Tornado 2 miles away, I'm non-weight bearing on the operated foot, this is lovely

UGH,yeah we are working on cane season here soon.Storms every day now-sux

34 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

So why did the Skins get rid of linebacker Mason Foster when he led the team with 131 tackles last year? Is he lousy in pass coverage or something?

Check it out and let us know lol.I would still opt for another vet OG.COuld be a trade for one of our RB's if someone loses their 2/3 in camp

38 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Appears to me,they want to toss Sweat into the fire and save 4 mil vs the cap.Personally I think it's yet another STUPID move by the clueless skinnies-sign him!

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

No.. it's a rush attempt for the guy catching the ball... QB doesn't get any stats on it.  Was a big thing a few years ago in fantasy... not sure if it was Warner or Stafford,  one of them.  Pass to either Fitzgerald or Megatron,  I forget, but it was changed to a run after review that it was backwards.  No credit to the QB.

I don't see Smallwood doing much in New England... not with the guys that they have there already.   I get the idea though.

ok wasn't positive,thanks for clarifying