DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

21 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Thanks BG. Now match those stats w/ fouls, where I'm pretty sure Mills is the worst offender.

TD - had a spinal fusion last yr after a life time of pain. Pain free ever since

Mills has 7 PI last two seasons

Douglas 2 PI last two season 

Darby 1 PI last two seasons 

Just knew it from my observation of Mills. Watched him a bit more closely to try and figure out why Schwarts likes him so much, still wondering why. Mills gets a step behind, he fouls, Douglas times the ball

5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Darby will make the 53. If he can’t go that’s 52 guys fighting to make the gameday roster of 45. A few others might not be able to go Week one also(Brooks, McCleod...). Doesn’t leave room for any dead weight on the team. To make the 53 this year they have to be ready to play. It’s early still...but it’s trending this way potentially.

How does PUP work?   Like guys who are hurt to start the year?  Do they count for the 53 and if not then when can they come back?

I'm ok with all these young CBs... they all have their flaws, but they give effort.    The three years with Chip and the final few seasons with Andy... I couldn't stand our CBs... soft!

The position is built around failure, if every CB didn't allow a completion the game would be boring.   I just want to see effort, hustle and tackling to clean up the mistakes.   Darby making too many business decisions last year and pulling away from tackles was annoying me the most.  If you get beat on a move that's one thing, if you don't try 100% to tackle a guy and that causes a first down instead of a punt, I don't want you here.  

Looking forward to our DL dominating and these young CBs battling it out and cleaning up behind them.

Let them battle it out and let's go play,  I really don't care who gets the snaps.  All about team.  But I do suspect Maddox to start somewhere.

47 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I'm ok with all these young CBs... they all have their flaws, but they give effort.    The three years with Chip and the final few seasons with Andy... I couldn't stand our CBs... soft!

That's a good way to look at it Joe……effort…HEART. Show me you care! However, I really wanna see Douglas as a starter. He's a ballhawk…good at reading routes and knows when to jump them plus has that long wingspan. I'd like to see some (at least more) INT's. 

7 hours ago, joemas6 said:

The position is built around failure, if every CB didn't allow a completion the game would be boring.   I just want to see effort, hustle and tackling to clean up the mistakes.   Darby making too many business decisions last year and pulling away from tackles was annoying me the most.  If you get beat on a move that's one thing, if you don't try 100% to tackle a guy and that causes a first down instead of a punt, I don't want you here.  

Looking forward to our DL dominating and these young CBs battling it out and cleaning up behind them.

Let them battle it out and let's go play,  I really don't care who gets the snaps.  All about team.  But I do suspect Maddox to start somewhere.

I'll try 105%,when do I start? I will get beat 100% of the time,but that extra 5% should make me worth it HAHA

I would prefer to see more attacking opponents receivers off the LOS(aka a bit more agression).IMO a "nudge" won't do it.A nice POP will.Anything to slow them from making a move will buy time for the DL to smack the QB.Also I believe Jones has to show us something THIS year.If he can't get/stay healthy,we need to move on 

11 hours ago, joemas6 said:

How does PUP work?   Like guys who are hurt to start the year?  Do they count for the 53 and if not then when can they come back?

If a player is put on the PUP list now, they can be placed on the active roster at any time. If they aren't ready to go after the preseason and are placed on the regular season PUP list, they will miss, at the very least, the first 6 weeks of the season.

While a player is on the PUP list, teams are given roster exemptions for those players. So they don't count against the 53.

The first practice of TC is set to begin at noon tomorrow, followed by Doug and Wentz PC's at around 1:30.

Here we go boys camp is finally here. I can honestly say I'm a little disappointed with the majority of the league having 10+ open practices this year and the Eagles only have 1 I'm not going to be able to make it this year. I'm still excited to see how some of the position battles turn out. Especially the secondary and LB, we need a big step up from them this year if we have superbowl ambitions. I'm also hoping our Dline can return to form even with the losses we had this offseason. I guess most of my questions are about the defense going into this year and I'm excited to see how they play out in camp. Let's hope for a healthy camp and no injuries this year. 

7 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I'll try 105%,when do I start? I will get beat 100% of the time,but that extra 5% should make me worth it HAHA

I 'might' still be able to tackle, but cover……uh, NO. Me trying to cover would be like trying to hide Mt. Rushmore with an ant. I'd be the laughing stock of the NFL LMAO!

Ajayi cleared by doctors good for him shame he could not stay healthy for us last season...I still really like him and love his running style...Wish him the best of luck...Thinking the Colts would be a great spot for him similar O and they need a bruiser

Damn Eric Berry and Tre Boston both still available that is insane especially when you consider not that many good S to begin with in the NFL...I know that aren’t 64 better starters then those two guys 

6 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

If a player is put on the PUP list now, they can be placed on the active roster at any time. If they aren't ready to go after the preseason and are placed on the regular season PUP list, they will miss, at the very least, the first 6 weeks of the season.

While a player is on the PUP list, teams are given roster exemptions for those players. So they don't count against the 53.

Thanks DC...   so I'm guessing we start out with a few guys on PUP and kinda opposite of what HAM seems to be saying, that we will have guys on our 53 that can't physically play yet. 

Once those guys come back,  then we will have to cut players.    Darby, Clement, Brooks....etc.  We could see players on PUP instead of taking space on the 53.

Everyone is here.... step 1

Step 2... let's not get anyone injured.  

That's a successful July/August for me.

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Thanks DC...   so I'm guessing we start out with a few guys on PUP and kinda opposite of what HAM seems to be saying, that we will have guys on our 53 that can't physically play yet. 

Once those guys come back,  then we will have to cut players.    Darby, Clement, Brooks....etc.  We could see players on PUP instead of taking space on the 53.

You're welcome.

Correct

5 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I don’t think so. Known Darby’s situation all along. If they thought he’d be out for half the season I doubt they pay that price to retain him. Brooks also is super talented and it would surprise me if they don’t have him in position to return as soon as possible. McCleod I expect them to leave open for return as soon as possible also.   Clement isn’t on the same talent level as those three. So if he can’t go it could be an option for him. 

So I read that both the Packers and redskins cut a starter on reporting day

Now that's how to make your organization look attractive to potential free agents.

7 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Damn Eric Berry and Tre Boston both still available that is insane especially when you consider not that many good S to begin with in the NFL...I know that aren’t 64 better starters then those two guys 

Yeah I mentioned Boston before.They must be satisfied with the competition they have

6 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Maybe we put Jones there,until we know he's better than a rostered guy?

I see on PE.com for 'Top100 Players of 2019' Wentz & Kelce are 96 and 72 respectively. I wouldn't doubt if this is old news to most of you lol