DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

15 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Thanks DC. How have you been?

I am well, thank you for asking.

Sorry to hear you're laid up, but glad there was no damage from those tornadoes that went through your area.

3 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

Only player placed on the PUP list is/was Jalen Mills

Not sure why he started ahead of the others in the first place. Maybe this is a good thing?

In the current episode of As dem boyz turn, Zeke didn't make the team plane. Had a b'day over the wknd, celebrated in LA - good time to piss test him. That would make my day!

6 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Man oh man. Just got back from a follow up appt. The southern part of the cape is pretty devastated from the tornadoes. 2 confirmed left swaths of destruction. These were "mild" compared to the ones they get in tornado ally and the midwest. Don't see how people live there. Hats off to all the electrical workers, tree people etc who've come from NY, Ohio, PA etc - thanks!

Any of the Philly stations carrying camp coverage? NFLN focused on the Browns, Eagles coming up.

Your story made me think of the World Trade Center attack. I was working at the time for Pennsylvania Power and Light and we sent electrical linemen workers up to help restore the mess in  New York City. When our guys finally got back to work, they told stories of companies from the south who came up to help and were all sent away one right after another because they weren't union companies, That is why it took so long to restore things. That is also why some of these people from New York never got any breaks from the terrible environment they were working in and now have had to lobby Congress for more money to help them with their cancerous diseases from being overexposed to that environment.

I'm pretty appalled w/ the present administration. Congressmen opposing that bill is just another reason they make me want to puke.

2 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Was reading the Miles was making  defenders miss in practice good signs good signs....

Adam Caplan said in a tweet that on miles Sanders first carry he made 3-4 unblocked defenders miss

Though Darby and Mills aren’t practice interesting to see the starters on the outside as Douglas and Maddox....When we went to nickel Maddox seemed to go inside to nickel and Jones is the outside guy

49 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Adam Caplan said in a tweet that on miles Sanders first carry he made 3-4 unblocked defenders miss

NICE! Thanks for the info. That's what I wanna hear. One thing to make blocked D miss. Whole 'nother level to do it vs unblocked. Been busy most of day doing yard work. 

52 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Though Darby and Mills aren’t practice interesting to see the starters on the outside as Douglas and Maddox....When we went to nickel Maddox seemed to go inside to nickel and Jones is the outside guy

Have my CB starters pegged as Douglas-RCB, Maddox-LCB and LeBlanc slot. I'd like Jones to show up, but I don't have a whole lot of confidence in it happening. 

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So the second team Oline was Dillard, Opeta, Wis, Pryor and Mailata. Very interesting group. Love to see everyone of them step up.

This would be an intriguing line-up to see in preseason with the rest of the BU's. 

I found this quote by Fran Duffy welcoming

Watching the entire O-line group go through pass set drills, it was hard to dismiss the way both Dillard and Mailata move compared to the rest of the second group. You'd be hard-pressed to find a team with a more impressive backup group of linemen. – Fran

Nobody hurt = great day in July.   Another 40-50 days of this before the season starts would be great!   

13 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

Your story made me think of the World Trade Center attack. I was working at the time for Pennsylvania Power and Light and we sent electrical linemen workers up to help restore the mess in  New York City. When our guys finally got back to work, they told stories of companies from the south who came up to help and were all sent away one right after another because they weren't union companies, That is why it took so long to restore things. That is also why some of these people from New York never got any breaks from the terrible environment they were working in and now have had to lobby Congress for more money to help them with their cancerous diseases from being overexposed to that environment.

Sad that when a disaster strikes we have to worry about who is union and who isn't-PATHETIC

13 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

I'm pretty appalled w/ the present administration. Congressmen opposing that bill is just another reason they make me want to puke.

Oh good more political BS

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Oh good more political BS

Agreed.

Many of have asked to not make political posts. I come here to get away from that crap.

If you want to make political posts go to a political website.

14 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Have my CB starters pegged as Douglas-RCB, Maddox-LCB and LeBlanc slot. I'd like Jones to show up, but I don't have a whole lot of confidence in it happening. 

C'mon now! LOL  If you remember, only a couple of us had confidence in Douglas as well until this past year. Now everyone likes him. No doubt about it, You can't help your team if you are not on the field but if Jones fails to live up to expectations I want it to be blamed on his skill set and not his injuries. We have not seen enough of his skill set to make a good judgment.  Until I see him get beat like a drum on a regular basis like Mills, I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt.  It was only a small sample size but Jones was ranked number 1 in the nickel back position last year before his injury. It was also the only position that Schwartz would let him play man coverage as well which is his strong suit.  Jones never missed any time in college due to injuries so this is a recent phenomena. He has taken it upon himself to train differently this past year.

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/sidney-jones-eagles-cornerback-training-washington-cougars-achilles-20190531.html

6 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

C'mon now! LOL  If you remember, only a couple of us had confidence in Douglas as well until this past year.

Lmao true....Which said do I fall under pretty sure I was a supporter....

As for Jones he has some stiff competition to earn his role whether it is on the outside or in the slot....Maddox is looking like a future stud though no clue where we really want him yet...LeBlanc showed last year he is a very capable and pretty damn good slot CB....

On the outside you have Douglas and when healthy Darby plus the Schwartz favorite in Mills

Maybe we can trade Mills to another team for a 6th round pick. Of course we may have to throw in a 5th.....

Just now, stine said:

Maybe we can trade Mills to another team for a 6th round pick. Of course we may have to throw in a 5th.....

Think Mills would have value in a trade he is a CB with exp. and was good enough to be a starter on a SB winning team....Add in the fake decent/good CB play is tough to find could have value....My big thing with him now is his contract is up at the end of the year and don’t see us bringing him back(but then again said the same on Darby so what do I know)

2 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Lmao true....Which said do I fall under pretty sure I was a supporter....

LOL Patience is a virtue. Something that is acquired most the time through age and maturity. We all get impatient at times with players. My biggest miss most recently was Agholor. I would have traded him for a box of butterscotch krimpets a couple years ago. Do I still think the Eagles missed on him with a number one pick? Yes, but they  got a valuable player once he found his position.