DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Gnats 3-13,two because the forfeiting team didnt think they were worth the effort and travel expense lol

16 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

And another

:lol:

I liked Ximines.Wanted him as a late pick-up. Stuff Bark,game over.One dimension-FLAT

You see the flag in a players back pocket - grab it, play over.

If you do it too quickly and the player suffers a brush burn, it's a foul. 2 of those in any 1 game you're DQ's for the remainder of the game. Chronically giving brush burns, Goodell may suspend. The NFL will make and distribute a $50 million video on the proper technique for removing flags from players back pockets.

It's the oxy ( and the frustration )

53 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

I say he gets paid although I don't know the cap space remaining. Schwartz said in his news conference that Jenkins played 7 different positions in one game last year. I still believe he has lost a step but that versatility counts for something. Plus he is a leader as well.

LOL Mr. Lurie is gonna get Jenkins a spot in a movie

47 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behavior does!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/little-eagles-fan-shares-emotional-162446242.html

Exceptional post Wrang! Seeing something like that helps ya realize that your own problems are dwarfed when compared to others. 

4 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Goodell turning this into flag football soon.Madden will have to incorporate flag pulling ratings on it's next vid game

I realize they're trying to make the game safer, but c'mon now, that's a tightrope to walk. I was thinking more like PPL……Powder Puff League. It does take more of the viewing excitement away for fans such as me that like to see our D deliver a battering ram hit.  Glad I'm not in charge of making the decisions. You know what though? I'm pretty sure I'll be one of those fans celebrating when one of our players is on the positive side of a penalty………and comes out of it unscathed.  

Oh man... all you Rasul guys would have loved the interview with D Gunn on our local CSN show "Quick Slants"   ... kid gives some good answers!  He looks ready to go!   Very excited about the group and how close they are, and everyone coming to work.   Kid changed his diet etc to lose a few pounds.   about 2019 .... " I'm coming"   

Another couple of things I like about this group as opposed to the prior 5 years ... they way they stick together and back each other up ... but also.. I think all these guys are pretty good on special teams.   Forgot about that part until seeing highlights of Douglas in practice covering the kickoff.  

Again though.... "this guy needs to prove it...and this other guy needs to prove it ...etc"   while some may say it like a whiny little B#$%ch complaining every time someone gets beat  and looking at it in a negative way .... I'm loving it.  Hell yeah these young guys need to be hungry, come in and work hard and prove it.  Some have speed, some have size ... all can play ... ALL OF THEM.  It's great to have a young talented and hungry group that likes to work hard and play together.    Everyone was here, all the fireplaces were built already, nobody was eating lunch by themselves in their car ... and they are not going to be afraid to tackle.   Refreshing!   

Saw the video with Troy Vincent on the rules.   Not sure why the complaints ... been saying the blind side block using the head is BS.   Is Hines Ward tough because he hits someone when they don't see him coming..... ie. kinda like a sucker punch in a fight?    Would like to see blocks below the waste taken away, too many guys get hurt on that BS. 

Being physical is one thing .. hitting a dude that isn't looking isn't tough IMO.   Bo Jackson running over Bosworth ... that's tough.   Dawkins sizing up a guy and jacking him up while the guy sees him coming... that's tough.  

I will say .... kickoff rules ... a little too complicated and I think overboard.  One thing is these guys kick more than half in the end zone anyway.   The double team block to me is overboard, if you see the video looks more like miscommunication that two guys blocked the same guy than if it were planned.  The wedge, locking arms ...etc.. sure take that away.. but  simple double team block... ehh, come on now, that's a little silly.  I'm good with not blocking a guy until the ball either bounces or is touched, seems logical to wait until then anyway.   

Holding on the backside of runs ... pass interference reviews...etc...  sure I think we get a few more calls right, but its going to make the game longer.   Maybe they are trying to be longer than baseball again...lol.    I think what we may miss with this rule change ... is it seems every pass interference call that is actually called.. is going to be reviewed to see if it wasn't P.I. that could be annoying if its a close play.     

21 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Saw the video with Troy Vincent on the rules.   Not sure why the complaints ... been saying the blind side block using the head is BS.   Is Hines Ward tough because he hits someone when they don't see him coming..... ie. kinda like a sucker punch in a fight?    Would like to see blocks below the waste taken away, too many guys get hurt on that BS. 

Being physical is one thing .. hitting a dude that isn't looking isn't tough IMO.   Bo Jackson running over Bosworth ... that's tough.   Dawkins sizing up a guy and jacking him up while the guy sees him coming... that's tough.  

I will say .... kickoff rules ... a little too complicated and I think overboard.  One thing is these guys kick more than half in the end zone anyway.   The double team block to me is overboard, if you see the video looks more like miscommunication that two guys blocked the same guy than if it were planned.  The wedge, locking arms ...etc.. sure take that away.. but  simple double team block... ehh, come on now, that's a little silly.  I'm good with not blocking a guy until the ball either bounces or is touched, seems logical to wait until then anyway.   

Holding on the backside of runs ... pass interference reviews...etc...  sure I think we get a few more calls right, but its going to make the game longer.   Maybe they are trying to be longer than baseball again...lol.    I think what we may miss with this rule change ... is it seems every pass interference call that is actually called.. is going to be reviewed to see if it wasn't P.I. that could be annoying if its a close play.     

Well it's a contact sport.So what are you supposed to do,send out invitations before you hit someone? Yell -"YO DUDE I'm coming up behind you". They pay well and you know when you take the job what the deal is.They are just gonna wimp this into semi-contact checkers. Like I said Flag football coming.Why not just change the league over to bubble ball right now and be done with it? While noone likes a dirty player,it's still a contact sport.Whats next,no tackling the RB's?.No playing dirty doesn't make you tough,but this is a tough sport and they make plenty doing it

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Well it's a contact sport.So what are you supposed to do,send out invitations before you hit someone? Yell -"YO DUDE I'm coming up behind you". They pay well and you know when you take the job what the deal is.They are just gonna wimp this into semi-contact checkers. Like I said Flag football coming.Why not just change the league over to bubble ball right now and be done with it? While noone likes a dirty player,it's still a contact sport.Whats next,no tackling the RB's?.No playing dirty doesn't make you tough,but this is a tough sport and they make plenty doing it

Well.... if you see the rule specifically .... its about hitting the dude with your helmet.. contact up high.    Yeah, I think its a little BS to have to take the due out that doesn't see you with a hit up high... you can still block him, give him a nice shove or whatever... doesn't have to be a helmet hit where he is going to get knocked out.  If I want to see knock outs I'll watch MMA or boxing.... I like to watch good execution of good football... blocking and tackling included... the cheap shots I don't need.  If it makes me wimpy who cares, go smoke the cigarette on the sideline like a real man... see how well those guys would do vs today's athlete.    

14 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Well.... if you see the rule specifically .... its about hitting the dude with your helmet.. contact up high.    Yeah, I think its a little BS to have to take the due out that doesn't see you with a hit up high... you can still block him, give him a nice shove or whatever... doesn't have to be a helmet hit where he is going to get knocked out.  If I want to see knock outs I'll watch MMA or boxing.... I like to watch good execution of good football... blocking and tackling included... the cheap shots I don't need.  If it makes me wimpy who cares, go smoke the cigarette on the sideline like a real man... see how well those guys would do vs today's athlete.    

IDK this is gonna NOT be consistent,another dumb rule at the refs discretion.it's just getting too complicated IMO

15 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

They already have the "spearing" rule,so this is just no blindside hits.IDK.Maybe when I see it I will feel differently

No helmet ... hits under the shoulder ... still entertaining IMO.   

21 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

SO I go on a pass route,catch the ball,right before I get tackled I turn around,bend my knees so I get hit from behind-penalty!!