DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We signed him right away because....shocker...we need someone right away to take slot reps. Scandrick has career stats. LeBlanc doesn’t. BUT LeBlanc was on fire to end last season. The light bulb just went on with him. So he’s a different player going forward. Scandrick is a different player going forward...on the down side.

I mean if Scandrick is on the downside that is fine...Great bench mark player for our young guys to beat out and he has a ton of exp. 76 games played.....All the healthy CBs we have right now have a total of 26 games played.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I mean if Scandrick is on the downside that is fine...Great bench mark player for our young guys to beat out and he has a ton of exp. 76 games played.....All the healthy CBs we have right now have a total of 26 games played.... 

IDK last year with KC was one of his better years.Perhaps they played teams with "shaky" WR's.Still,the birthday fairy doesn't wave a wand and suddenly your career is over at 32.Until I see he has no gas in the tank,I'm not calling his downside yet(I guess Brady was washed up 5 years ago)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK last year with KC was one of his better years.Perhaps they played teams with "shaky" WR's.Still,the birthday fairy doesn't wave a wand and suddenly your career is over at 32.Until I see he has no gas in the tank,I'm not calling his downside yet(I guess Brady was washed up 5 years ago)

Lmao didn’t mean to make it sound like he was on the downside of his career .... Just meant that worst case scenario if he was we paid him next to nothing he has a ton of exp. in a group that lacking in that area and should also mean our youngster should be able to beat him out as a bench mark player....If they couldn’t beat out a guy like Scandrick would we really want them????

But we have no clue what to expect from him remember when we jumped the gun on Patrick Robinson and he turned into a key piece to our SB winning D unit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Lmao didn’t mean to make it sound like he was on the downside of his career .... Just meant that worst case scenario if he was we paid him next to nothing he has a ton of exp. in a group that lacking in that area and should also mean our youngster should be able to beat him out as a bench mark player....If they couldn’t beat out a guy like Scandrick would we really want them????

But we have no clue what to expect from him remember when we jumped the gun on Patrick Robinson and he turned into a key piece to our SB winning D unit

LOL,I was basically reacting to Hams post that he was on the downside

33 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Lmao didn’t mean to make it sound like he was on the downside of his career .... Just meant that worst case scenario if he was we paid him next to nothing he has a ton of exp. in a group that lacking in that area and should also mean our youngster should be able to beat him out as a bench mark player....If they couldn’t beat out a guy like Scandrick would we really want them????

But we have no clue what to expect from him remember when we jumped the gun on Patrick Robinson and he turned into a key piece to our SB winning D unit

Thats what I said to Ham "can we see him play first" ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of competition for just few spots - a whole lot nicer than scrounging for bodies. DP said Agudosi's learning from Alshon. Remember those pipelines we used to just talk about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn really been 10 years since JJ passed away....Completely biased since I grew up with him but hands down my favorite DC absolutely love that attacking aggressive style of D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow - 1st PS game vs Tenn is only 10 days away! Woo-hooo!!!!

Really need to get away from the TV - this sucks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nkemdiche cleared waivers. Some talking heads had him pegged to us, dunno. Has potential, attitude to match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Damn really been 10 years since JJ passed away....Completely biased since I grew up with him but hands down my favorite DC absolutely love that attacking aggressive style of D 

I didn't grow up witnessing Jim Johnson's D. But yep, as I was reading Fran Duffy's article on his philosophy last night I was really wishing that Schwartz would incorporate more of JJ's style of attack blitzing. I had a blast watching that 15-6 victory over Pitt! Great D battle. I'm pretty sure that was the game where Dawk had a Superman like SS of Roethlisberger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

We'll decide where he plays,I'm just refuting your statement he was a "camp body".plenty of rook and no names to take "slot reps" if all we wanted was a camp body.

Mills, Darby, McLeod, and LeBlanc are out. They reported Jenkins had to fill in on slot reps. So evidently we needed a slot guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

BTW how do you know after a week that Scandrick is a different player on the "downside"? Can we see him play first??? lol

He was available on the street. And he is getting older. That’s a guy with plenty of experience. But I’m sure with every team needing corner help he is a stud that was just waiting the whole time for the Eagles to sign him or retire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Posted nice stats at KC,I'm happy we jumped on him

Jumped on him? Not when free agency started. Or even after the draft. But afterinjuries mounted up on us DURING TC. Yeah we really jumped all over that. Could have been signed by anyone all summer...but we locked it down.

4 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK last year with KC was one of his better years.Perhaps they played teams with "shaky" WR's.Still,the birthday fairy doesn't wave a wand and suddenly your career is over at 32.Until I see he has no gas in the tank,I'm not calling his downside yet(I guess Brady was washed up 5 years ago)

Was he ever a great player?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

Nkemdiche cleared waivers. Some talking heads had him pegged to us, dunno. Has potential, attitude to match.

No thanks. Isn’t he the guy that fell during the draft because he fell four floors out of a hotel window on drugs? And he got arrested twice this summer on traffic stops I saw. Showed up completely fat and out of shape to TC. Doesn’t sound like a guy busting his butt to recover from an ACL injury. Not what we need here in this culture, locker room. We are looking for serious professionals hungry to give it all to win a ring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who is projected to come back first between Mills or Leblanc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:

Who is projected to come back first between Mills or Leblanc?

Who knows? Mills in on the PUP list and LeBlanc is reportedly week to week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Really need to get away from the TV - this sucks!

I can't even stand being in the house!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

He was available on the street. And he is getting older. That’s a guy with plenty of experience. But I’m sure with every team needing corner help he is a stud that was just waiting the whole time for the Eagles to sign him or retire.

Not my problem if noone else signed him.Maybe he wanted to retire,but re-considered after we called him? I'm sure nothing like that ever happens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

He was available on the street. And he is getting older. That’s a guy with plenty of experience. But I’m sure with every team needing corner help he is a stud that was just waiting the whole time for the Eagles to sign him or retire.

Never heard of guys that would only play for one specific team? Maybe he decided it was us or noone,but again stuff like this never happens.As I said if we wanted a camp body we could have brought in 50 no names,but think what you want

5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Jumped on him? Not when free agency started. Or even after the draft. But afterinjuries mounted up on us DURING TC. Yeah we really jumped all over that. Could have been signed by anyone all summer...but we locked it down.

Was he ever a great player?

Was LeBlanc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

 I had a blast watching that 15-6 victory over Pitt! Great D battle. I'm pretty sure that was the game where Dawk had a Superman like SS of Roethlisberger. Sorry, it was a FF.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The story on Scandrick is he and DJax have known each other since they were 7 yrs old and DJax induced him to try out for us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now