DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

All our guys who started the 1st of 2 live practices, finished practice and left the field healthy! Since watching JMac blow an Achilles just walking off the practice field and all the injuries the past 2 yrs, injuries always on my mind - well what's left of my mind.

Zeke is like Antonio Brown.  Both very talented but definitely not team guys.  Just pay me the money.  Won't change either guy one iota on their me-first attitude. It was proven in Pittsburgh when AB was paid all that money but he never changed his attitude from a me-first to a team-first guy.  Don't disagree with either trying to get the most bang for the buck but money won't change their me-first attitude.  IMO,  Zeke should be out there with his team. He's not.  Contrasted with Malcom Jenkins having a contract negotiation in progress but he's out practicing with his team.  We all get the risk of injury but it's a class act by Malcom the team player against the me-first Zeke.  Jerry and Zeke kinda deserve each other, IMO.  Wallow in it guys!!

Yeah DC, have to agree. The cross training is good tho. We have to go with a players' strengths vs team needs. I don't see Rasul as remarkably better than either of our starter at S, different story having him at CB. Could change when the DB's are healthy.

NJ69 - I put all those "me" guys in the "team destroyer" category. Sit them on the garbage pile - or the bench as AR did w/ TO. Jerruh doesn't have the strength of character of AR, therefore I have no sympathy for him or his team. Gurls still have a good OL, a huge part of a RB's success. They already signed 1 passable RB, can easily grab another 1 or 2 then let Zeke rot until they sign Dak and Amari. That's how you build character.

Bodes worse for dem boyz,  just the way Coopers' agent wanted it. What is w/ them not getting deals done? Getting deals done early is usually better for the team and I don't see the new CBA helping unless they're somehow going to give players a larger share of the TV revenue and / or a huge 50 - 60 mill increase of the cap, which to me is not a good answer as greed begets more greed and the "me" guys will just want more and a lot of owners would not want to part w/ the dough.

Per source Saints WR Michael Thomas gets a $20M signing bonus and $32.6M through 2020. Ouch!

This is gonna hurt Jerruh 🤭

11 hours ago, trini said:

Hell yea... I hope Jerry teaches Zeke a lesson and piss him off ... with Jerry SB statement Jerry please smack Zeke around....hehehehehehe  .... Dak does NOT need Elliott to win the SB🤣🤣😂😈.Elliott has already declared no Home Town discounts....Loving this DRAMA in Dallas.

SB? Without Zeke? HAHAHAHA

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

Per source Saints WR Michael Thomas gets a $20M signing bonus and $32.6M through 2020. Ouch!

This is gonna hurt Jerruh 🤭

Hmmm can they pay all 3? Dak,Coop and Zeke? I love this cause if they do,they can't afford players anywhere else lmao.Love how JJ backs himself into arrogant corners HAHAHA

Dullass has 23.7 cap space - 1.6 to Scandrick btw. Nice they only have 5.5 in dead cap

Yeah, we were talking about that yesterday GB. No reaction from the NFL yet. If nothing happens with this after the Hill incident, we'll all know the NFL has officially entered "penalizing players hurts revenue" stage, teaching kids it's ok to act badly.

3 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2019/07/31/eagles-dc-jim-schwartz-on-whether-rasul-douglas-could-see-time-at-safety/

Still doesn't sound as though Schwartz views Douglas as a safety. Which is something I said a few months ago. 

LOL Schwartz didn't see him as a CB a while back, let alone a starting CB. 

5 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

LOL Schwartz didn't see him as a CB a while back, let alone a starting CB. 

Yeah, this isn't true, because when Schwartz was asked the first time about Douglas being switched to safety he said he was strictly an outside corner. But sure, by all means, continue to beat this dead horse, but do it by yourself, because I'm not going to rehash this with you.

14 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

After he is done with Jerry he will be riding in the back of an armored car like Jalen Ramsey laughing all the way to the bank.

LOL So are you ready to trade Zach Ertz and a 2020 first rounder for Ramsey like the sports writer hinted at? 

2 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Yeah, this isn't true, because when Schwartz was asked the first time about Douglas being switched to safety he said he was strictly an outside corner. But sure, by all means, continue to beat this dead horse, but do it by yourself, because I'm not going to rehash this with you.

Then why did you bring it up in the first place?  LMAO

5 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Then why did you bring it up in the first place?  LMAO

Because Glen Erby wrote an article about it 4 hours ago, which further cements what Schwartz has said. You could've easily just as commented on the article without quoting me.

Again though,

Image result for south park dead horse gif

do it by yourself, because this is the very last time I will reply to you and this ridiculousness.

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

Yeah, we were talking about that yesterday GB. No reaction from the NFL yet. If nothing happens with this after the Hill incident, we'll all know the NFL has officially entered "penalizing players hurts revenue" stage, teaching kids it's ok to act badly.

Yeah but now we know the lawsuit amount

2 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Because Glen Erby wrote an article about it 4 hours ago, which further cements what Schwartz has said. You could've easily just as commented on the article without quoting me.

Again though,

Image result for south park dead horse gif

do it by yourself, because this is the very last time I will reply to you and this ridiculousness.

No one can persuade another to change. Each of us guards a gate of change that can only be opened from the inside. We cannot open the gate of another, either by argument or emotional appeal. Have a nice day DC

Two days they were in pads and yesterday they were tackling, tomorrow will be their longest practice so far and should be better, so I get why Doug backed them off today, they're going to need the off day on Friday.