DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Also,at RB we are going to have to cut a fairly nice RB.Or at least someone with potential.I'm kinda eyeing some kind of Bryce Brown style deal here

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

BTW,still trying go figger out what we are grooming Mailata for.Don't hear much about him coming out of camp.Is he progressing? Is he faltering? We should hear SOMETHING about him,or we are wasting a roster spot

I think trying to groom as a football player/ OL   ... then probably OT.     I wouldn't worry too much about it, we knew it was a project that wasn't overnight.  

41 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Timmy was/is a great player he was a HUGE part of why our run D was the best in football in 17 

Think we even seen it the little he played last year when he was out of the line up 

I saw a noticeable diff in stopping the run when Jernigan was out. And then a big improvement once he was back in the rotation!

14 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I think trying to groom as a football player/ OL   ... then probably OT.     I wouldn't worry too much about it, we knew it was a project that wasn't overnight.  

Yeah I knew that,but at some point he's going to have to show us something to hold a roster spot IMO 

44 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

????? Game 1... Peters will play G and Douglas will start at safety.    Dude, can it be more obvious?  Come on DC!!!!

Joe, Some people create happiness wherever they go, others, whenever they go!   People will notice the change in your attitude  towards them. But won't notice their behavior that made you change 

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

What's the heat index up there? Could make for a brutal practice tomorrow 

Right now it's only 87º index with a dew point of 70º, but that could change tomorrow as there will be more sun. A lot of cloud cover today. 

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=40.13355000000007&lon=-76.57093999999995#.XUHo9C2ZNol

3 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Did some reading up on JJAW. Not that 40 time is the end all to everything, but his time was only .18 behind the best WR time

The final "live" session of the day (July 30) was a "Move the Field" session, where the ball was placed on the 20-yard line, and it was a live-game simulation. If the defense can stop the offense in three downs, they force a punt. Otherwise, the offense keeps going until they can score. On the very first play, the offense did just that. Wide receiver J.J. Arcega-Whiteside kicked off the period with a "right place, right time" catch as linebacker Nathan Gerry tipped a pass on the right side. The ball popped up in the air and landed right into the hands of Arcega-Whiteside, who did the rest, scampering another 60-plus yards, outrunning the pursuing defenders. – Ben (From PE.com)

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

I was more thinking you should have signed Zeke already ... via Howie style.... technically it looks like he is this high paid guy, and yet still team friendly.   This kind of stuff gets done properly with a sooner than later style.    Pay him, keep him happy ... then allow your team the out if he goofs up again.   They have like $70 mil of cap space next year ... very easily done.  All the Dallas guys should be paid already ... I'm convinced Jerry is just in it for the money and the marketing.... winning takes a little humility.  

What if Jerry thought there was a probability of the stink from the accident resurfacing? Would he have still been able to do a team friendly contract without repercussions? 

49 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah I knew that,but at some point he's going to have to show us something to hold a roster spot IMO 

Yeah, but cut down day.   Or else an "injury".  

44 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Joe, Some people create happiness wherever they go, others, whenever they go!   People will notice the change in your attitude  towards them. But won't notice their behavior that made you change 

??????     It's not 4:20 yet is it?   

35 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Right now it's only 87º index with a dew point of 70º, but that could change tomorrow as there will be more sun. A lot of cloud cover today. 

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=40.13355000000007&lon=-76.57093999999995#.XUHo9C2ZNol

Pouring outside my house right now!  Been for a while.   Supposed to rain I thought all night?    Good day to go in hte bubble tomorrow with some air condition... and a dry surface.  

9 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

What if Jerry thought there was a probability of the stink from the accident resurfacing? Would he have still been able to do a team friendly contract without repercussions? 

I'm thinking the same thing.

Good chance the Cowpies know there's a lot more to this and don't want to overpay someone who won't be of any use to them

6 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

IDK... if a player is suspended, the team doesn't have to pay him ...  salary counts vs the cap though.     In Lane's case it voided out the rest of his guarantees.   Jernigan they negotiated with due to that non football injury.  

I would think they could put a deal in place that pays Zeke while giving them the outs via him losing guaranteed money ... or they take a slight hit with the dead money.  Getting it done early gives them leverage.   They have the cap spac next year.   Any of these guys are risking injury prior to getting paid.   

I'm not sympathizing too much with the players here.... I'm just saying look at what Lurie/Howie have done.   Get deals done early for your players.  That's how they can turn a deal where the players gets his money into a cap friendly deal.    The business side of the game here for that fairly young team with a lot of guys about to get their first big contract.   There is a time when you don't worry about saving 50 cents.... goodwill costs some, if its me, and I think I have my team set wit hall these young guys... I'm locking them up.   Certainly not making the rushing title comment.    

12 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Pouring outside my house right now!  Been for a while.   Supposed to rain I thought all night?    Good day to go in hte bubble tomorrow with some air condition... and a dry surface.  

I would opt for the bubble seeing as it will be humid again with more sun forecast for tomorrow.  Don't need any guys ending up in hospital for heat exhaustion/stroke. 

14 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

Good chance the Cowpies know there's a lot more to this and don't want to overpay someone who won't be of any use to them

13 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

IDK... if a player is suspended, the team doesn't have to pay him ...  salary counts vs the cap though.     In Lane's case it voided out the rest of his guarantees.   Jernigan they negotiated with due to that non football injury.  

I would think they could put a deal in place that pays Zeke while giving them the outs via him losing guaranteed money ... or they take a slight hit with the dead money.  Getting it done early gives them leverage.   They have the cap spac next year.   Any of these guys are risking injury prior to getting paid.   

I'm not sympathizing too much with the players here.... I'm just saying look at what Lurie/Howie have done.   Get deals done early for your players.  That's how they can turn a deal where the players gets his money into a cap friendly deal.    The business side of the game here for that fairly young team with a lot of guys about to get their first big contract.   There is a time when you don't worry about saving 50 cents.... goodwill costs some, if its me, and I think I have my team set wit hall these young guys... I'm locking them up.   Certainly not making the rushing title comment.    

Thanks for your input guys!

14 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

IDK, looks like Zeke got into an accident before a playoff game ... Cowboys kept it hush so he wouldn't go through concussion protocol.   Seems like penalty will be on the Cowboys here... not sure if Zeke is responsible for anything more than they are for this.  I mean, other than paying the guy.  Accident reported ... that's waht you need to do according to the law ... the severity for them to check Zeke isn't criminal ... its not necessarily on Zeke to ask to be in concussion protocol.   Seems like more stain on the team.   Not seeing where it could suspend Zeke for anything????  Or where it would prevent the Cowboys in theory from worying about this incident and how it effects a contract.    

His behavior in general sure ... not really this particular incident?      But they come off looking bad here.  

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Well there's a plus!!! The "Philly Phabiano" sammich.veal parmagian with green pepper and onion lol

OH MAN! My mouth is watering LOL

10 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I would opt for the bubble seeing as it will be humid again with more sun forecast for tomorrow.  Don't need any guys ending up in hospital for heat exhaustion/stroke. 

I'm opting for the bubble more so for the slippery surface.   But no argument for the heat.  Was worse Monday and Tuesday though.   

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

IDK, looks like Zeke got into an accident before a playoff game ... Cowboys kept it hush so he wouldn't go through concussion protocol.   Seems like penalty will be on the Cowboys here... not sure if Zeke is responsible for anything more than they are for this.  I mean, other than paying the guy.  Accident reported ... that's waht you need to do according to the law ... the severity for them to check Zeke isn't criminal ... its not necessarily on Zeke to ask to be in concussion protocol.   Seems like more stain on the team.   Not seeing where it could suspend Zeke for anything????  Or where it would prevent the Cowboys in theory from worying about this incident and how it effects a contract.    

His behavior in general sure ... not really this particular incident?      But they come off looking bad here.  

Read an article where someone is suing the Cowpies  and the police for covering this up.

We'll see how it all plays out.

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

I'm opting for the bubble more so for the slippery surface.   But no argument for the heat.  Was worse Monday and Tuesday though.   

Yes, it got pretty brutal yesterday. Nothin' like the weekend before this past, but bad enough

That's what I said. If the cowpies were negligent in reporting the accident or having Zeke evaluated or covered this up then they're culpable.

4 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

Read an article where someone is suing the Cowpies  and the police for covering this up.

We'll see how it all plays out.

So... seems like Zeke hit the guy ... the accident seemed to be reported ... or police at least showed up.   The "severity"  is what the guy is saying because he is trying to show something of a conspiracy.   They needed to cover up something.   But the accident itself wasn't covered up.   Also it seems like this guy was told by cowboys RB coach, we will take care of everything?      What does that mean?   Insurance company for Zeke is supposed to do that?   

This is very weird, doesn't really make sense?   Seems like dude wants to get paid and make people look bad.  IDK?   I'm not thinking its anything that will matter, dude has to also sue the police.   Good luck.  Either way, its not team vs player type of thing, and the team seems to be the ones firing the shots at the player.  

45 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

I'm thinking they are playing along and saying basically "well you're gonna have to work cheaper cause noone else will hire you"

3 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

That's what I said. If the cowpies were negligent in reporting the accident or having Zeke evaluated or covered this up then they're culpable.

Again though ... dude is sueing everyone.   This really is his only "motive" that he can use to try to pin on everyone in order to get paid.   Paid meaning more than just taken care of by Zeke's insurance.   

IDK... maybe accident was never reported....  but when I read "severity of the accident was covered up"  that leads me to believe the accident was???  

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I'm thinking they are playing along and saying basically "well you're gonna have to work cheaper cause noone else will hire you"

Yep.... Joe Banner style... genius!