DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

15 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Again though ... dude is sueing everyone.   This really is his only "motive" that he can use to try to pin on everyone in order to get paid.   Paid meaning more than just taken care of by Zeke's insurance.   

IDK... maybe accident was never reported....  but when I read "severity of the accident was covered up"  that leads me to believe the accident was???  

Yep.... Joe Banner style... genius!   

Yeah(behind closed doors) "Let's bury this cause we need him for the playoffs,but we can bring this up later if we need to" Apparently they need to lol

19 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Again though ... dude is sueing everyone.   This really is his only "motive" that he can use to try to pin on everyone in order to get paid.   Paid meaning more than just taken care of by Zeke's insurance.   

IDK... maybe accident was never reported....  but when I read "severity of the accident was covered up"  that leads me to believe the accident was???  

Yep.... Joe Banner style... genius!   

Yeah IDK,the guy that was hit never was compensated.He waited and waited with no response,so he decided to sue to get some kind of action going.At least that's what I'm getting out of this

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah IDK,the guy that was hit never was compensated.He waited and waited with no response,so he decided to sue to get some kind of action going.At least that's what I'm getting out of this

IDK... $20 mil?     Doesn't it seem like dude is kinda gold digging here ????   

IDK-'ol Zeke seems like he is a bad apple.always doing something to aplogize for.I also understand the guy he shoved down is also suing him

14 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

IDK... $20 mil?     Doesn't it seem like dude is kinda gold digging here ????   

Well he wants action,suing for 36k won't get that done lol.Imagine he will "settle" for a nice sum in between lol

26 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Well he wants action,suing for 36k won't get that done lol.Imagine he will "settle" for a nice sum in between lol

IDK... here is my logic.

"Severity of accident"  Accusing police, Cowboys and Zeke for covering up the "severity

1.  I tend to think an incident was reported

2.  With that report .... driver's licenses, registrations, insurance cards need to be given in to police.  

3.  They can cover up the severity to cover up Zeke's possible injury.  But if the other guy's car had damage and he had injuries ... that's what the insurance company would have paid for.   Seems like it was understood it was Zeke's fault.     Zeke's insurance doesn't make him go through concussion protocol.   They pay due to it being his fault.  How much depends on damage to the other guy and his vehicle.

So... the idea of "covering up the severity"  ... but not the actual accident or whose fault it was .... seems to me like a dude trying to get Zeke in trouble for not getting paid big time for this ... or should I say getting paid over and above insurance compensation. 

Because never does it say, trying to cover up an incident.   Or trying to cover up whose fault it was... you follow?   This just seems to try to get him in trouble with the NFL in order to get paid.     

11 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Ummm Wrang - that article's a yr old and quotes from bloggers.

That is the orginal article that opened my eyes to the possibility of him getting moved. It made sense at the time and could still make sense in the future if for some reason Darby and Jones end up on the outside. In all probability Mills is gone after this year. I don't necessarily think that it is beyond the realm of possibilities that he could eventually end up at safety no matter what Schwartz says now. There are a lot of injuries now so of course he is going to play on the outside with 4.6 40 speed to see if he can handle it better than Mills. Why I don't trust Schwartz opinion or evaluation is because he evaluated Douglas last year and he wasn't good enough to get on the field until injuries forced the situation and now, low and behold, he is good enough to start. Wow what a revelation Jim. Lets just say that if Douglas was forced to play safety due to an injury, after a couple growing pain games he could handle it.

4 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

That is the orginal article that opened my eyes to the possibility of him getting moved. It made sense at the time and could still make sense in the future if for some reason Darby and Jones end up on the outside. In all probability Mills is gone after this year. I don't necessarily think that it is beyond the realm of possibilities that he could eventually end up at safety no matter what Schwartz says now. There are a lot of injuries now so of course he is going to play on the outside with 4.6 40 speed to see if he can handle it better than Mills. Why I don't trust Schwartz opinion or evaluation is because he evaluated Douglas last year and he wasn't good enough to get on the field until injuries forced the situation and now, low and behold, he is good enough to start. Wow what a revelation Jim. Lets just say that if Douglas was forced to play safety due to an injury, after a couple growing pain games he could handle it.

I'll chime in for fun.

I like Douglas engaging with a receiver, he has good ball skills and I think is good at jumping the route.    That is why I like him at either outside CB or moving to what Jenkins does closer to line of scrimmage.     I'm not really worried about the label.    Last year we found out he isn't good in the McCloud type free safety role... centerfielder so to speak.  Not fast enough, got burned around the corner for Barkley's long TD run.  Maddox went there afterwards and cut him off on the same play.   

To be honest... I'm hoping Douglas, Jones and Maddox are the ones who win the jobs.  You can put them wherever you like.    At this time though, while Jenkins is here playing his role... more of the strong safety closer to the line role... I don't see Douglas getting time as a "safety" until Jenkins leaves.   I think absolutely he could be moved there afterwards.    But it won't be Jenkins and Douglas at safety.  They will get the speed guy to play centerfield.   

I like Douglas because he engages the ball.   Other guys can run, that's great to use vs the faster WRs.   But at some point at least one of your DBs needs to be a guy who can get turnovers.    To be honest, I liked the Mills/ Douglas combo in 2017 after Darby went out.   I like guys who can tackle and engage in the battle with the receiver.  Problem with that combo is who covers the speed guy.  And thats where Maddox and Jones need to come in and take one of the roles in covering the fast guy.  

Long term, I think they let everyone walk this year ... comp picks.   Maddox, Jones and Douglas still under contract next year.  They are the ones practicing now... so lets go young boys.

But I wouldn't waste much time worrying about the "label" or position with Douglas. Just that he keeps improving.

23 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Why I don't trust Schwartz opinion or evaluation is because he evaluated Douglas last year and he wasn't good enough to get on the field until injuries forced the situation and now, low and behold, he is good enough to start. Wow what a revelation Jim. Lets just say that if Douglas was forced to play safety due to an injury, after a couple growing pain games he could handle it.

I will say though ... it could be possible Douglas got better in practice as the year progressed.  We have our favorites, we don't know what goes on behind the scenes.  Douglas improved on hte field during games as the season progressed.   Whose to say he should have started from the beginning?    We don't have to trust Schwartz at all ... we just have to realize he is the one whose opinion counts and will put the players on the field in the positions he wants ... for now.    Kid is easy to root for.  I wish him luck.   

Just now, joemas6 said:

I'll chime in for fun.

I like Douglas engaging with a receiver, he has good ball skills and I think is good at jumping the route.    That is why I like him at either outside CB or moving to what Jenkins does closer to line of scrimmage.     I'm not really worried about the label.    Last year we found out he isn't good in the McCloud type free safety role... centerfielder so to speak.  Not fast enough, got burned around the corner for Barkley's long TD run.  Maddox went there afterwards and cut him off on the same play.   

To be honest... I'm hoping Douglas, Jones and Maddox are the ones who win the jobs.  You can put them wherever you like.    At this time though, while Jenkins is here playing his role... more of the strong safety closer to the line role... I don't see Douglas getting time as a "safety" until Jenkins leaves.   I think absolutely he could be moved there afterwards.    But it won't be Jenkins and Douglas at safety.  They will get the speed guy to play centerfield.   

I like Douglas because he engages the ball.   Other guys can run, that's great to use vs the faster WRs.   But at some point at least one of your DBs needs to be a guy who can get turnovers.    To be honest, I liked the Mills/ Douglas combo in 2017 after Darby went out.   I like guys who can tackle and engage in the battle with the receiver.  Problem with that combo is who covers the speed guy.  And thats where Maddox and Jones need to come in and take one of the roles in covering the fast guy.  

Long term, I think they let everyone walk this year ... comp picks.   Maddox, Jones and Douglas still under contract next year.  They are the ones practicing now... so lets go young boys.

But I wouldn't waste much time worrying about the "label" or position with Douglas. Just that he keeps improving.

Of course I could be wrong, apparently Schwartz was wrong about Douglas last year and he is running the defense. I say we will lose Mills after this this because he wasn't switched to safety earlier. Maybe the Eagles don't care if he leaves but they sure have a lot of time invested in the kid. The same could happen to Douglas if they don't make the switch early enough. All bets are off now with injuries on the team but I eventually see Darby and Jones at outside with Maddox backing up. I see LeBlanc, Mills and Scandrick fighting out the nickel position with one of them backing up and Douglas where? Don't get me wrong, I like this guy tremendously and want to see him start somewhere but Douglas 4.6 40,  Darby 4.3 40 , Jones 4.4 40 , Maddox 4.3 40.  if you see what I mean.  Mills is 4.6 40, and LeBlanc runs a 4.67 40. Scandrick was fast in college at  4.32 however a lot of water has gone over the dam since then.  Of course I want the best guys where they need to be to be successful but I still think that Douglas could end up at safety before it is all said and done.  Now I am not saying another thing about it. How dare I question Jim Schwartz to all the homers.

1 minute ago, 1wrangler said:

Of course I could be wrong, apparently Schwartz was wrong about Douglas last year and he is running the defense. I say we will lose Mills after this this because he wasn't switched to safety earlier. Maybe the Eagles don't care if he leaves but they sure have a lot of time invested in the kid. The same could happen to Douglas if they don't make the switch early enough. All bets are off now with injuries on the team but I eventually see Darby and Jones at outside with Maddox backing up. I see LeBlanc, Mills and Scandrick fighting out the nickel position with one of them backing up and Douglas where? Don't get me wrong, I like this guy tremendously and want to see him start somewhere but Douglas 4.6 40,  Darby 4.3 40 , Jones 4.4 40 , Maddox 4.3 40.  if you see what I mean.  Mills is 4.6 40, and LeBlanc runs a 4.67 40. Scandrick was fast in college at  4.32 however a lot of water has gone over the dam since then.  Of course I want the best guys where they need to be to be successful but I still think that Douglas could end up at safety before it is all said and done.  Now I am not saying another thing about it. How dare I question Jim Schwartz to all the homers.

Wrang... IDK, seems like you just think douglas isn't good enough to play CB?????   Why?   Or should I say why would they lose him?   I think they needed to play Mills.  7th round pick, they had nobody.  I thought he developed nicely.. but if he is going to be a free agent, he is a SB winning CB with great red zone #s.    Maybe the 4 times he got burnt on double moves won't really bother teams who have worse CBs???   I would assume Douglas wins a spot in the next year or two on the outside.  I don't really look at 40 numbers... just can tell who can cover what routes.  I think we can see Douglas plays the short routes and the sideline routes really well.   That's what you need from a CB.  Ok, so he could get beat deep, but that's where the free safety with the speed comes to help.  You also could put him on the bigger slower WR?  I noticed he has played both sides... so if he starts opposite of Jones or Maddox... play them on the fast guy, and put douglas on the possession WR.  To be honest, this is what I would prefer.  

And I think you got the Schwartz thing all wrong.... nobody is questioning that he could be wrong on anything ... he absolutely could be.  Everyone who you seem to disagree with just keeps saying that Schwartz is the guy makign the decision... so wrong or right, he matters.   

8 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

. All bets are off now with injuries on the team but I eventually see Darby and Jones at outside with Maddox backing up. I see LeBlanc, Mills and Scandrick fighting out the nickel position with one of them backing up and Douglas where? 

Yeah... I don't see Mills in the slot at all.   I also don't see Maddox backing up anyone ... he will start at one of the 4 spots due to being the best DB on the field.   IDK I actually think Douglas starts the season and will play some role the whole time.   I think they have enough versatility and guys who know the system that .... Douglas could even be like a guy who comes in to play the outside and they move maybe Maddox to nickel.  2020 though, I can't envision him not starting outside the entire time barring injury.  

To me though... I really can't worry about my favorites... I just want my team to win.   I know this seems a sore point for you though, for some reason you worry a lot about the individual development of certian "Wrang" guys ... it is what it is.   to each his own my man.  

BTW... do not discount Maddox just winning the free safety job at some point in the next 2 seasons... and that being a reason we see Douglas as a permanent outside CB guy.   And don't discount those 2 being your future safety duo either... after Jenkins leaves.  All good... just let them play and get better.   

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

IDK... here is my logic.

"Severity of accident"  Accusing police, Cowboys and Zeke for covering up the "severity

1.  I tend to think an incident was reported

2.  With that report .... driver's licenses, registrations, insurance cards need to be given in to police.  

3.  They can cover up the severity to cover up Zeke's possible injury.  But if the other guy's car had damage and he had injuries ... that's what the insurance company would have paid for.   Seems like it was understood it was Zeke's fault.     Zeke's insurance doesn't make him go through concussion protocol.   They pay due to it being his fault.  How much depends on damage to the other guy and his vehicle.

So... the idea of "covering up the severity"  ... but not the actual accident or whose fault it was .... seems to me like a dude trying to get Zeke in trouble for not getting paid big time for this ... or should I say getting paid over and above insurance compensation. 

Because never does it say, trying to cover up an incident.   Or trying to cover up whose fault it was... you follow?   This just seems to try to get him in trouble with the NFL in order to get paid.     

Welp,at least here in FL,the cops will do all that.As far as Severity,if no ambulance is called,then it's considered a "fender bender".Many times well after you get hit,you feel the effects(aka whiplash,cracked bones or what have you).As of the moment all parties are excused from the accident,the police's job is done. And I also know insurance companies are rip off artists.They will claim your car is totalled,give you 1/3 of what it's worth duee to "depreciation" and then it's your problem.Seems to me this guy got shafted somewhere along the line and isn't happy with the compensation he received(which we don;t know what that was,if any).So maybe he had re-occurring medical issues the ins company ignored.I know cause it happened to me 

Found it interesting that Kamu used to play S but we've never tried him there. Had him in as a joker the other day in practice. Sounds like Schwartz likes him and his versatility

Case in point-I was driving down the road with kids in the car.Some guy ran a stop sign and broadsided me.Cops came.His license was EXPIRED,yet they let him DRIVE HOME!!! he had NO insurance(which is a LAW).What did I get out of it? ZERO!! because "he didn;t want to be served" Figure that one out 

47 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Yeah... I don't see Mills in the slot at all.   I also don't see Maddox backing up anyone ... he will start at one of the 4 spots due to being the best DB on the field.   IDK I actually think Douglas starts the season and will play some role the whole time.   I think they have enough versatility and guys who know the system that .... Douglas could even be like a guy who comes in to play the outside and they move maybe Maddox to nickel.  2020 though, I can't envision him not starting outside the entire time barring injury.  

To me though... I really can't worry about my favorites... I just want my team to win.   I know this seems a sore point for you though, for some reason you worry a lot about the individual development of certian "Wrang" guys ... it is what it is.   to each his own my man.  

BTW... do not discount Maddox just winning the free safety job at some point in the next 2 seasons... and that being a reason we see Douglas as a permanent outside CB guy.   And don't discount those 2 being your future safety duo either... after Jenkins leaves.  All good... just let them play and get better.   

Early yet,but  still feel we would be open to trading a RB.Could be for another DB or a late draft pick.Seems like this is a "ace in the hole" if there are too many injuries and we need to go get  guy.Obviously there are no FA"s we feel are worthy,so I could see a Bryce brown type trade if we have to

You didn't get his info GB? Sucks

One thing I thought maybe Zeke was drinking.

Only part I cared about was whether it should have affected Zeke playing in the game and if dem boyz tried covering it up or postponing the severity until after the game. You'd think they'd take care of something like that asap.

Zeke's a great player on the field, a loser in life. Had probs in college, seemed he felt special and outside the rules. Basically an immature brat

22 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Case in point-I was driving down the road with kids in the car.Some guy ran a stop sign and broadsided me.Cops came.His license was EXPIRED,yet they let him DRIVE HOME!!! he had NO insurance(which is a LAW).What did I get out of it? ZERO!! because "he didn;t want to be served" Figure that one out 

I worked from 430 AM(woke up then) until 7 PM during the week,so there was no way for me to go to court nor go to a lawyer.I got totally ripped off.Car was trash,kids and I were sore and had to get checked out(which I paid for)

15 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

You didn't get his info GB? Sucks

One thing I thought maybe Zeke was drinking.

Only part I cared about was whether it should have affected Zeke playing in the game and if dem boyz tried covering it up or postponing the severity until after the game. You'd think they'd take care of something like that asap.

Zeke's a great player on the field, a loser in life. Had probs in college, seemed he felt special and outside the rules. Basically an immature brat

Sure,cops said he wouldnt answer the door to get served,so they just QUIT doing it!!!

That was attorney time. Currently suing my neighbor for causing our basement flooding by raising his property level. Town wouldn't do anything so I have to.

Sell your place yet? Avg time on the market here is 84 days

14 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

That was attorney time. Currently suing my neighbor for causing our basement flooding by raising his property level. Town wouldn't do anything so I have to.

Like I said I worked,no way could I go to a lawyer,nor spend time in court.Nope house is off the market.9 months and nothing and I'm done with this BS

17 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

IDK what are the laws about raising your house? Raise yours higher lol 

17 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Avg time for a house in my pricing range is 74 days,after 9 months I said no more